Visa4habibi!

Update on my lost paperwork

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well, it's official. k-3 visa papers are not lost anymore - they're going back to CASA with 'intent to revoke'. They've been sent back yesterday. Nobody tells me what to do now, have to wait until it actually happens and hate Casa while waiting or keep sending them happy thoughts and hope it'll work. Where are my tissues? :crying::crying::crying: I am not emotional, I'm beyond this already. I think I'll actually ask my doctor for antidepressants. Could that help me to cope?

Lit some candles on the site and going to work - lucky me, i start late today. That's how I was able to find out what I'm crying about now. Oh God! I sound like such a loser! And i know we are ment to be together (my hubby and me) - there's a story that i don't have time for now...

Well, have a nice day everybody.

Tanya

Met online - May 2004

Met in person - August 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed I-129 - August 2005

Interview - February 2006 - 221(g) - still under investigation.

Another useless interview - July 2006 - got nowhere!

August 23, 2007 - he's finally here!

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

I'm really sorry to hear that you have to go through all this -- my heart goes out to you.

There are several on this site who have been put through the same thing, and I'm sure they can give you excellent advice on what to do next.

Insha'allah you will overcome all the obstacles, and come out on the other side with your heart's desire.

Thoughts and prayers with you as you regroup.

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Timeline

Tanya,

I'm praying hard for you. Although I don't understand everything involved here or exactly what this means, I have watched others overcome some monumental bumps in the road here. After you get yourself pulled back together do some research on what you can do and get yourself organized. We're all here for you and pulling for you. (F)

Timeline
Shitt!

Tanya I'm sooo sorry about this. I don't want to get too personal but why are they intending to revoke?

Now I feel like an ####### for bitchin' about my situation.

They don't tell me why. I suspect it's all Casa's fault and they screwed up at the beginning putting in his papers that he never seen me when he tried to get his tourist visa. They used it against him this February at K-3 visa interview saying that he's lied on tourist visa interview, which he didn't - he had pictures and copies of my passport pages to proove that he knows me and we've met. They just didn't bother to write down the correct info. And now my husband and I are paying the price!

Before I didn't know for sure, but today I found out that it went back to Casa, who as we all know are so "happy" to issue a visa, especially if papers are back with 'intent to revoke'.

Edited by firelion65

Met online - May 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Tanya,

I'm so sorry you are going through this hell. I hope someway somehow it will still work out for you and your husband. I feel for you, and I cant imagine the pain you are going through. I wish you all the best!!

Michaela

Jun 26, 06 - 129-F filed

Sep 27, 06 - NOA2

Nov 28, 06 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS!!!

Dec 12, 06 - VISA IN HAND

Dec 29, 06 - MARRIED!!

Jan 8, 07 - filed for AOS and EAD

Apr 3, 07 - EAD approved!!!

Apr 7, 07 - EAD card arrived!

May 10, 07 - Interview....APPROVED!!!

May 23, 07 - GC in hand

Feb 10, 09 - I-751 sent to CSC

Feb 12, 09 - NOA1

Apr 20, 09 - Approved!

Jun 12, 09 - Card Production Ordered

Jun 19, 09 - 10 year GC Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
Well, it's official. k-3 visa papers are not lost anymore - they're going back to CASA with 'intent to revoke'. They've been sent back yesterday. Nobody tells me what to do now, have to wait until it actually happens and hate Casa while waiting or keep sending them happy thoughts and hope it'll work. Where are my tissues? :crying::crying::crying: I am not emotional, I'm beyond this already. I think I'll actually ask my doctor for antidepressants. Could that help me to cope?

Lit some candles on the site and going to work - lucky me, i start late today. That's how I was able to find out what I'm crying about now. Oh God! I sound like such a loser! And i know we are ment to be together (my hubby and me) - there's a story that i don't have time for now...

Well, have a nice day everybody.

Tanya

I'm confused at your case. Why are they sending the petition back to Casa?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isnt the following the normal route of NOIR/NOID ?

You petition for your Moroccan husband by sending a I-130 petition, then after there is receipt for that, you send the I-129F.

USCIS adjucates the petition. USCIS sends to NVC. NVC Sends to Embassy.

Embassy sets interview date after mailing and reciving packet 3.

Beneficiary shows up to interview, and is given a 221(g) on the grounds on invalidity of relationship.

Casa embassy returns the petition BACK to the U.S. with a *recommendation* to revoke.

At that point, USCIS reviews the petition, and either sends a Notice of Intent to Revoke (and allows a period of time where you can appeal), or they reaffirm the petition, then send it back to Casa to have a second interview.

I am under the assumption that the embassy themselves cannot revoke a petition, they can only send it back to the states with a *recommendation* to revoke.

Why would they send the petition BACK to Casa to be revoked?

Timeline

"Casa embassy returns the petition BACK to the U.S. with a *recommendation* to revoke.

At that point, USCIS reviews the petition, and either sends a Notice of Intent to Revoke (and allows a period of time where you can appeal), or they reaffirm the petition, then send it back to Casa to have a second interview.

I am under the assumption that the embassy themselves cannot revoke a petition, they can only send it back to the states with a *recommendation* to revoke.

Why would they send the petition BACK to Casa to be revoked?"

I'm at this point now, Icey. Maybe i mixed up the petitions when i was describing it here, sorry then. NVC didn't know anything when i spoke to their customer service 2 days ago. Now this is all i know. I wish i knew more. But there is deffinately 'intent to revoke', last time i was told 'intent to deny' - well, this is it.

They tell me to wait to hear from Casa... and then do what they'll tell me. There's no smilies to put here to describe what i feel right now and i'm out of words, at least the ones i can put here, lol.

Met online - May 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Tanya, I'm sooooo sorry this is happening to you. Please try to find out all you can to change this, there are women here who have overcome similar issues, so inch'allah, it is possible for you too. Stay strong, do your research, and keep fighting - it ain't over yet! (F)

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Sorry to hear of the trouble you're having...I'll keep you in my prayers...

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Man, casa is a b*tch. inshaAllah there will be sufficient evidence to reopen your petition.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.