Chris Knouse

Immigration flight discounts ofr k-1 holders?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My fiance sent me this:

Type visas To grant the right to buy tickets under the IMMIGRATION TARIFF (it about 50 percent more cheaply usual). But it is necessary to buy in this case only already having on hands a yellow package from Embassy which you receive together with the passport and the visa AFTER successful passage of interview. From you will demand to show this sealed package and what for that will remove from him a x-copy. On him there will be only your name and an inscription NOT to OPEN.

It is an official site of the airport of the Sheremetyevo-2. http:// www.sheremetyevo-airport.ru/comp/

Here you can find references to all airlines to buy tickets if you buy them from Russia.

Has anyone heard of this or used anything like this?

Just when we thought we winning the rat race... along comes a faster rat (i.e USCIS)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, this 'discount' seems available on flights out of China and the PI, as well. Depends on the airline, and 'how' the tickets were purchased.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It's an airline by airline thing. Check with the airlines flying out of where your SO will depart. Don't assume that it will be better than what you may be able to find out there in the market. Do some shopping.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, this 'discount' seems available on flights out of China and the PI, as well. Depends on the airline, and 'how' the tickets were purchased.

can you explain a bit more details?

like what airline? and how to purchase?

thanks

K1 Journey

06-29-2010: Sent I-129F

06-30-2010: CSC receives package

07-07-2010: CSC NOA1 Dated.

07-08-2010: CSC Check cashed.

07-12-2010: Received Hard Copy of NOA1.

10-27-2010: Touched.(I hope it means they work on my case.)

11-16-2010: Touched.(Come on NOA2, Day 132, still waitting)

11-16-2010: NOA2 Dated.

11-22-2010: NVC DAted.

11-26-2010: NVC to Guang Zhou Consulate

12-17-2010: GZC issued the P3.

12-24-2010: GZC sent out the P3.

12-25-2010: We got the P3 from GZC.

12-25-2010: GZC Got the P3 from us.

01-28-2011: P4

02-11-2011: Medical.

02-14-2011: Paper Work intake and Fingers Print.

02-15-2011: Interview!!!

02-14-2011: US time, We got PINK, Best V-day gift ever.

03-02-2011: POE LAX.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It's an airline by airline thing. Check with the airlines flying out of where your SO will depart. Don't assume that it will be better than what you may be able to find out there in the market. Do some shopping.

Exactly. Check around. We got some of these things when Alla got her visa. It seemed they were "hooks" to get you to buy tickets. Maybe it is a good deal, but check all available airlines and fares. Many times these are discounted from their "regular full fare" which almost no one pays anyway. This is the fare you pay when you go to the airport and say "I need the next flight to New York". Advance purchase fares are usually available for the same disocunt or more.

I normally go to a web based seller, like Orbitz. Price the cheapest tickets and then go to that airlines website and buy direct, which usually saves a few dollars more. In recent years the cheapest flights from Moscow or Kiev were from Aerosvit. This summer, our son came on Aeroflot with a stop in Zurich on the way there and a stop in Brussels on the way back. Under $700 round trip. Last year was under $600 round trip...and non-stop! That was to JFK.

I suggest buying tickets to JFK then buy separate tickets for flights within the US. This has almost always been cheapest for me. You can go with a discount domestic airline, such as JetBlue or Southwest Airlines. I can usually get a JetBlue flight for less than the cost to drive to JFK, let alone parking and tolls. But check around, I once found the cheapest way to Donetsk was to buy a ticket from Burlington to Donetsk! Several stops in between of course, but it has never happened again.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

can you explain a bit more details?

like what airline? and how to purchase?

thanks

Flying out of Vietnam it was done directly with the airline (China Airlines in our case) when purchasing the ticket.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.