tammy_sheldon

Packet 4

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So we have still not received packet 3 in the mail. I emailed his DS230 anyway to Kingston, and today I got an email saying they'd received it and updated his status and would mail out packet 4 with an interview date:

Does anyone know how long it should take him to get it in the mail? I'm concerned about getting it, since we never saw the packet 3. But, I also read some other posts where fellow VJ'ers never recieved a packet 3 either.

I emailed Kingston back and asked them to email me as well with the issued interview date, but isn't there an interview letter in the packet 4 we need to take with us to the embassy?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Im not sure how long its the waiting period in jamaica between each package. However, if you have already send forms DS-230 part 1 and DS-2100 to the embassy and they told you they got it thn you are good. You should still try to download package 3 online so you can know all the documents you need to have to take to the interview. Dont worry about recieving a package 3. You already send them the forms and thats what really matters. Many people dont recieved package 3. However, you should call the embassy so you can get your case number and request a package 3 if you feel like you need it. After you send the forms you will recieve a package 4 where indicates when it your interview. You will need that letter to pay for your visa interview fee and get your medical exams done. In Colombia, it takes about 2 months to get your interview after the embassy has recieved your forms.

Good luck!

USCIS I-129F **K-1 Visa**

05/07/10- I-129F was send to VSC

05/10/10- We got our NOA1

07/26/10- We got our NOA2. APPROVED!! :dance:

National Visa Center

07/27/10- NVC Received our I-129F Petition

07/30/10- NVC Send our Petiton to Colombia :)

Embassy Interview #1

08/06/10- Consulate Received the Petition

08/17/10- Packet 3 Received Finally!

08/25/10- Packet 3 Sent To the Embassy

09/16/10- Medical Lab Exams

10/07/10- Interview Date **Need to get an approved I-212 from USCIS**

USCIS I-212 Waiver (Atlanta)

11/01/10- File I-212

11/08/10- We got our NOA1

03/01/11- We got our APPROVED noticed from our Senator!! :dance:

National Visa Center

03/03/11- NVC Received our I-212 Waiver

03/08/11- NVC Send our Waiver to Colombia

Embassy Interview #2

03/14/11- Received Original Approval Noticed from NVC :)

04/05/11- Interview Date. APPROVEDD!!! :D

04/13/11- Visa in Hand :dance:

Enter The States In Miami, Florida

04/14/11- Enter the states Miami, Florida

06/11/11- Married!!

06/25/11- Received my SSN by mail

Adjustment of Status

10/03/11- Sent I-485 to Chicago

10/ /11- Received NOA 1

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Many in Jamaica never receive the packets - if you have ever tried to mail anything there, you know the joy of the mailing system - :whistle:

Come down to the regional forum - Others can point you to the right forms and how to get the interview date, etc... by email. Including the interview letter -

Edited by sus

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Even though a lot of us didn't get packet 3 you will (mysteriously) get packet 4. Both the petitioner and beneficiary will get one.

Packet 4 isnt a "packet". It's the actual interview letter.

Edited by MRStee

Timeline

We had the same exact problem..hubby never got packet 3. I emailed the embassy explaining that hubby never recieved packet 3 so I was worried that he wouldn't recieve packet 4 either and we would miss our interview. They ended up emailing me packet 4. All that you need from them is the letter stating when you interview is. I believe they will also include a medical packet to be filled out, but you could find that other places. One of the yardies probably still has it on file. However, you do need to get that interview letter fromt hem not only to know when the interview is, but also in order for him to complete his medical. Good luck! If you have any questions come on over to the Yardie forum like Sus said, or you can PM me and I will try to help as much as I can. I know all too well how frustrating this process is. You are almost there!

Timeline

Thanks Everyone for your help! And thanks Thompson2 I may have to take you up on that :) what is the Yardies forum? I'd love to check it out... Does anyone know where I can see a sample of the packet 3 (other than in the consulate portal) just so I can see what a real one looks like? Oh, and should I be worried...His Colombianita said I should of emailed a DS-2100 but I don't see that listed on the country portal or from a few other Jamaica VJ'ers that have gone before me. But, now I'm afraid I missed something and the consulate will delay issuing the interview. But this is what they (Kingston) emailed me:

"We have received the DS230 form and have updated the system accordingly. As soon as interview is set the applicant will be contacted via postal mail."

Timeline

Word to the wise, after they receive ds-230, they will send you both packet 3 which is one sheet of paper with the website addresses for the forms you need to bring in along with his appointment letter. It looks like the embassy is going paperless, lol.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.