gap1

Request New NOA1

9 posts in this topic

I sent the original NOA1 to my fiance but he hasn't received it. We're starting to think it was lost in the mail. Does anyone know how to request a new copy?

Naturalization Process (FINALLY!)

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.02.14 - Packet received at the Lewisville Texas Center

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

06.13.14 - Biometrics letter received

07.02.14 - Biometrics appointment

07.07.14 - In line

07.17.14 - 'Yellow Paper' date

09.10.14 - Interview scheduled NOA date

10.15.14 - Interview date

10.15.14 - RFE (missing documentation)

10.21.14 - RFE response received in NYC facility

11.04.14 - Oath ceremony scheduled, approved!

11.19.14 - Oath ceremony (8:30am) in Brooklyn - Completed! DONE WITH USCIS!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You can request a new NOA2 for $340 USD with an application form and months of waiting. But I dont know if you can request a NOA1 it doesnt say anything that I can find on uscis about that.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

why does foreign fiance need NOA-1 document?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

why does foreign fiance need NOA-1 document?

It's good for the foreign fiance if they are planning a trip to the United States. It shows a border officer that the couple is doing things the right, legal way in case they happen to think the foreign fiance is planning on visiting and adjusting status.

I sent the original NOA1 to my fiance but he hasn't received it. We're starting to think it was lost in the mail. Does anyone know how to request a new copy?

Did you make a copy of the document?

Edited by Coconuts

I know...and he's visiting in a few weeks! :unsure:

Hopefully it's just delayed and it will arrive eventually. He's also bringing a copy of the entire I-129F application for immigration so we should be good without the NOA1 but I'd still rather have it.

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

07.07.14 - In line

It's good for the foreign fiance if they are planning a trip to the United States. It shows a border officer that the couple is doing things the right, legal way in case they happen to think the foreign fiance is planning on visiting and adjusting status.

Did you make a copy of the document?

Not once in this process did we trust original documents to the mail. We always hand carried them to interviews etc. If a couple wants to have the NOA1 for traveling, a copy would be sufficient (it was for us, and we needed it!). Not that it helps the OP, but I don't think it's a good idea to mail original one-of-a-kind documents around the world.

To the OP, you won't need the receipt for the petition later in the process, so write this one off. When the NOA 2 (petition approval notice) comes, content yourself with emailing a scan of it, and then file it away in a safe place at home, because a copy of that is asked for as part of the AOS process. :)

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

No, you're absolutely right. It was really stupid of me. I have trouble discerning when originals or copies are acceptable. I figured since he was traveling here he would need the original going through customs, and my only option was to mail it. I've never had anything lost in the mail to him before (and we mail a lot) so it just figures this one time something important was lost. I'm still hoping the bank holiday they had last week is what's delaying it and it will turn up in a day or two.

So we don't need the NOA1 for anything else? Will he be ok in customs visiting me with just a copy of our application (among other paperwork)or should I request a new NOA1? Can you request a new NOA1? All I have is a photo of it (not the entire form, just the bit with his name and receipt number) right now. I don't know what I was thinking not making a copy. I always make copies, I don't know why I didn't this time.

Edited by gap1

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

07.07.14 - In line

No, you're absolutely right. It was really stupid of me. I have trouble discerning when originals or copies are acceptable. I figured since he was traveling here he would need the original going through customs, and my only option was to mail it. I've never had anything lost in the mail to him before (and we mail a lot) so it just figures this one time something important was lost. I'm still hoping the bank holiday they had last week is what's delaying it and it will turn up in a day or two.

So we don't need the NOA1 for anything else? Will he be ok in customs visiting me with just a copy of our application (among other paperwork)or should I request a new NOA1? Can you request a new NOA1? All I have is a photo of it (not the entire form, just the bit with his name and receipt number) right now. I don't know what I was thinking not making a copy. I always make copies, I don't know why I didn't this time.

I once read somewhere (probably here) that bringing the whole I-129F package on a visit is a red flag because it looks like you're bringing along evidence to adjust status.

But no, you don't need the NOA1 for anything else.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

gap1, for what it's worth, don't give up on the post just yet! my fiance is originally from England (now a naturalized USC), so I sent a few things to his family at Christmas and it literally took 2 MONTHS for the tiny package to arrive. It was not a large parcel by any stretch... it was small, a bubble envelope actually. Anyway, maybe there's just some sort of delay... we never did figure out why the package took so long, but it did eventually turn up!

I wouldnt worry too much about your fiance not having it through customs.... as long as he proves ties to the UK, he should be good to go.

May 25th, 2010 : Filed I-129F at CSC

June 1st, 2010 : NoA1

June 7th, 2010 : Touch

October 19th, 2010: Touch

October 20th, 2010: NoA2! (141 days)

November 8th, 2010: Received Packet 3 from Montreal

November 10th, 2010: Sent Packet 3 back to Montreal

November 25th: Received Packet 4 & Scheduled interview!

March 8th, 2011: Interview in Montreal - Approved!

April 30th, 2011: Move to CA

May 6th, 2011: Married <3

May 31st, 2011: Filed AOS

June 6th, 2011: NoA1

June 13th, 2011: Received Notice for Biometrics

July 7th, 2011: Biometrics

August 22, 2011: AOS Interview - Approved!

August 29th, 2011: Greencard in hand!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.