Visa4habibi!

Who's got my husband's K-3 papers? I know it's not you

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's been over a month since my husband's interview for immigrant visa and I was trying to find out what's going on with his K-3 papers that were supposed to be send by Casa back here (famous 221(g)). Congress Woman's office and Senator's office weren't able to find out ...... so, i called NVC since I'm the only one who wants that resolved.

Well, "good news"! The paperwork is nowhere to be found :wacko: ! The woman on the phone was very nice to me after me spending on the phone over an hour for anybody to pick up. She told me that there's nothing in the system about my husband's papers being anywhere in U.S. Casa keeps telling me that they've sent k-3 papers back.

The customer service person adviced me to re-file the K-3 papers. That means that the whole stinking thing would have to be started almost over from the beginning! I've sent a couple of letters to the places where my husband's papers were before going to Casa. If I don't find them, or they don't find them, then what?

And 7 months of waiting ....... all for nothing! Didn't I say that Casa sucks? Oh yeah, my husband doesn't want to send me the papers for re-filing, says, what's the use. He wants me to just come there for a year or two :lol: which I can't do - got kids and a house and a car and .....

Isn't life wonderful, at least when you're trying to get a visa?

Well, I vented at least :D . Now back to hitting the wall or what else can I do now? Mint tea's not going to help now. I need a miracle or at least the paperwork turning up somewhere.

Thanks for reading this and replies if any.

Tanya

Met online - May 2004

Met in person - August 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed I-129 - August 2005

Interview - February 2006 - 221(g) - still under investigation.

Another useless interview - July 2006 - got nowhere!

August 23, 2007 - he's finally here!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
It's been over a month since my husband's interview for immigrant visa and I was trying to find out what's going on with his K-3 papers that were supposed to be send by Casa back here (famous 221(g)). Congress Woman's office and Senator's office weren't able to find out ...... so, i called NVC since I'm the only one who wants that resolved.

Well, "good news"! The paperwork is nowhere to be found :wacko: ! The woman on the phone was very nice to me after me spending on the phone over an hour for anybody to pick up. She told me that there's nothing in the system about my husband's papers being anywhere in U.S. Casa keeps telling me that they've sent k-3 papers back.

The customer service person adviced me to re-file the K-3 papers. That means that the whole stinking thing would have to be started almost over from the beginning! I've sent a couple of letters to the places where my husband's papers were before going to Casa. If I don't find them, or they don't find them, then what?

And 7 months of waiting ....... all for nothing! Didn't I say that Casa sucks? Oh yeah, my husband doesn't want to send me the papers for re-filing, says, what's the use. He wants me to just come there for a year or two :lol: which I can't do - got kids and a house and a car and .....

Isn't life wonderful, at least when you're trying to get a visa?

Well, I vented at least :D . Now back to hitting the wall or what else can I do now? Mint tea's not going to help now. I need a miracle or at least the paperwork turning up somewhere.

Thanks for reading this and replies if any.

Tanya

Man... what is wrong with these people? Don't they see you're suffering... :angry::huh:

Darn, I am so sorry... I hope the papers turn up... You're in my prayers...

You didn't need this... :unsure:

3/24/11 Received 10 year Green Card in the mail - Done. Feels good :-) 'till we do this again for US Citizenship.

12/5/11 mailed packet for Naturalization

12/9/11 was received by USCIS.

4/6/12 received letter for fingerprint appn.

4/23/12 9am fingerprint appointment - done :-)

4/30/12 Recieved Letter for Interview - Sche. 5/31

5/31/12 Interview & Testing

5/31/12 Testing Approved - Waiting for next step

6/21/12 Rcvd email, placed application in the oath sched. que :-)

6/25/12 Rcvd letter - Oath Ceremony is on 7/11/12 @ 9:15am :-)

Filed: Timeline

You know, you can make all the excuses in the universe for the side of the government, but there is just something terribly wrong with this system. If you've filed once, there should be more then one record of it. It's on the computer! At the least you should be able to provide copies of your proofs again and move forward.

This whole process is utterly devoid of any empathy whatsoever. Sure they bear a huge responsibility for the safety of this country and its citizenry BUT at what cost???? They tend to cause as much damage and distress... this process in itself is terrorist with their nebulous or erroneous correspondences or utter lack of information. If the process took 2 or 3 months... fine. But it seems the whole thing can take up to a year or more and what human being can bear this kind of suffering?

These overworked bureaucrats still know where their family is at the end of the day. They can sit together, actually touch and look at eachother, sleep in comfort together. WE DON'T HAVE THAT LUXURY. Some of us feel we'll never have it. That cuts to the soul. It consumes. I contend now and always will THAT IS UTTERLY NO EXCUSE FOR SUCH THINGS. We PAY for these processes. Work FOR us not AGAINST us!

God please grant us all peace, contentment, and the future we chose.

Edited by just_waiting

Timeline
You know, you can make all the excuses in the universe for the side of the government, but there is just something terribly wrong with this system. If you've filed once, there should be more then one record of it. It's on the computer! At the least you should be able to provide copies of your proofs again and move forward.

This whole process is utterly devoid of any empathy whatsoever. Sure they bear a huge responsibility for the safety of this country and its citizenry BUT at what cost???? They tend to cause as much damage and distress... this process in itself is terrorist with their nebulous or erroneous correspondences or utter lack of information. If the process took 2 or 3 months... fine. But it seems the whole thing can take up to a year or more and what human being can bear this kind of suffering?

These overworked bureaucrats still know where their family is at the end of the day. They can sit together, actually touch and look at eachother, sleep in comfort together. WE DON'T HAVE THAT LUXURY. Some of us feel we'll never have it. That cuts to the soul. It consumes. I contend now and always will THAT IS UTTERLY NO EXCUSE FOR SUCH THINGS. We PAY for these processes. Work FOR us not AGAINST us!

It's been already 13 months since i've filed.... #@%$#@^%$#&&^*&*))*_)(+_)(*%#$@!#!#

It's not to you, it's just in general - the frustration, you know..........

And it's 2 years 3 months in total and still going and going and going......

How long can one go? Before going something else? Like temporarily insane for example - i'm laughing through my tears. What else can i do?

Met online - May 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed: Timeline

It's been already 13 months since i've filed.... #@%$#@^%$#&&^*&*))*_)(+_)(*%#$@!#!#

How long can one go? Before going something else? Like temporarily insane for example - i'm laughing through my tears. What else can i do?

I think I would be voted the most emotionally unstable board member right now. I've been sobbing uncontrollably all evening and I don't even have a reason! I have just lost it. I hope my words didn't make you feel worse. I sure didnt' intent that. But I know what you mean about feeling starting to feel insane. There are just no words...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I've read somewhere that if your case is sent back to the states, you can't attempt to file another visa until the original one has already gotten NOID/NOIR. But I've heard also that a lot of these cases are reaffirmed and sent back to the consulate as well.

Timeline
I think I would be voted the most emotionally unstable board member right now. I've been sobbing uncontrollably all evening and I don't even have a reason! I have just lost it. I hope my words didn't make you feel worse. I sure didnt' intent that. But I know what you mean about feeling starting to feel insane. There are just no words...

No, Jean. You didn't make me feel worse. I appreciate your support. I'm somewhere between 'about to loose it' and 'in denial'. And I go into one or the other so easily right now.

There's been a study somewhere sometime about rats, what they do when they're stressed out - like put into a maze they can't get out of. What do rats do? They start grooming themselves. Makes sence to me and I'm a human being... :lol: still... I think. What I'm trying to say, I have to vent, right?

And then try to do something about my case, but what can I do? Not much. I still have copies from when I filed August last year for I-130. Any ideas? Tomorrow I'll bug the ppl who were supposed to try to help me and see where that goes.

Besides, my older son is about to move in with me and my younger son and it's been 4 years since he lived with us at another place. That should be fun. He doesn't even have a room in my house and my ex has no idea... I can only imagine what'll come out of this!

"I've read somewhere that if your case is sent back to the states, you can't attempt to file another visa until the original one has already gotten NOID/NOIR. But I've heard also that a lot of these cases are reaffirmed and sent back to the consulate as well."

Too bad the paperwork is nowhere to be found!

Wish I could hire a lawyer, but i'm broke...

Thanks for reading

Met online - May 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Firelion, I'm so sorry to hear this and I pray your papers turn up and things get resolved. Keep your chin up, girl, we're here for you. (F)

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.