6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello all!

I'm new to this site and just wanted to say hello. I'm only in the first stage of the K1 Fiance Visa process. I know it is going to be a very long road. Please wish us luck. My fiance is now visiting me and we will be returning to Ukraine in just a couple of days. After I return I will file for the petition. I think I have everything I need, however I may have some questions along the way. We are now rushing to copmplete the forms, so when I return all I will have to do is mail it.

I wish all of you the best.....

Mehmet

Best of luck to you. This is a great forum for asking questions and getting very helpful answers.

Don't forget to update your timeline when send your I-129F in.

Sent AOS pack......2011-08-08

NOA's dated ..........2011-08-15

Biometrics..............2011-09-13

EAD card.................2011-10-26

AP card....................2011-10-26

AOS approved .......2011-12-19

Green card rec.......2011-12-27

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Congratulations on your decision to file for K-1! Its a big step! Make sure you read the guides here, they're extremely helpful. The FAQ's are as well, and once you get to the point of filling our your forms (which you may be doing already) the example forms are a great starting guideline if you're unsure of any particular question. A lot of times you can use the search function too, to be able to find the answers you need. If not, please feel free to ask questions! Most people are very friendly and just want to help you get through the process.

So good luck with everything and like JeannieL said, make sure you update your timeline as soon as you send off your I-129F! :luv:

Timeline

Hello all!

I'm new to this site and just wanted to say hello. I'm only in the first stage of the K1 Fiance Visa process. I know it is going to be a very long road. Please wish us luck. My fiance is now visiting me and we will be returning to Ukraine in just a couple of days. After I return I will file for the petition. I think I have everything I need, however I may have some questions along the way. We are now rushing to copmplete the forms, so when I return all I will have to do is mail it.

I wish all of you the best.....

Mehmet

Good luck and congratulations.

DO NOT rush to fill out forms. Take your time and make sure it is correct. better a 1-2 day delay now to get something right, rather than a 4-6 week delay later to answer an RFE.

Which visa will you apply for? I ask for a umber of reasons.

The K-1 is faster to process, but when your fiancee arrives they cannot work or leave the country until after you get married, file for AOS and receive an EAD and/or AP. This can take several months.

Get married today and file for a CR-1, it will take a little longer but your spouse arrives with a green card and no Adjustment of status is required. Since you are together now it is a possibility. One reason many people don;t do this is not only that it takes a little longer, but because it could be months before they could get together to GET married.

The time from filing until your spouse has a green card is about the same either way.

Either way, good luck and ask questions when needed.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello again everybody. I want to say thank you for the encouragement and help. It helps a great deal.

I just came back from a wonderful trip in Ukraine. Elena was with me in the States for 3 months. We flew back together and spent a wonderful time at the Black Sea, Yalta. So now I am working again on the I-129F.

I have another question. I made copies of Elena's passport to show proof she came to the United States to visit me. I did not think I needed to make copies of all the pages. However I just read on a different web site all pages need to be included. Is this a requirement for the I-129F petition?

Thanks again in advance.

Timeline

Hi again :)

A few more questions came to mind.

1) The question (#9) on the I-129F regarding "names of prior spouse", do I write her name when we were married or her maiden name?

2) My Fiancee signed and printed her name at the bottom of the G-325A and left the rest blank for me to fill out. Am I allowed to fill in the Biographic Information for her? Since she sdoes not have an alien registration number, should she have printed her name in the dark bold box at the bottom of the G-325A? If its not needed can I use white out?

3) My Fiancee is a manicurist, however she rents space in a sallon. How should I answer the question on the G-325A regarding applicant's employment last five years. Since returning to Ukrain she is now doing the same work at a different sallon. Not sure how to answer this question. Can we write "self employeed"?

Thank you again :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.