uscitizeninca

Change of Address

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

As some of you know, I (a US citizen) applied for my family (family based immigration) & consulate interview date is set for this month. About last month or so, I got a new job & had to relocate to another state. At that point all the paper work was already done with NVC (including DS230) & we were just waiting for interview date to be set. Since the DS230 has outdated information, I have prepared another DS230 with new address & new job title so that she can just hand that over to the consulate interview officer.

I have 2 questions in these regards, please advice or similar experience:

--> Considering the timing of the case (my family has interview this month):

Q1: Is my approach of giving the updated DS230 at time of interview is good idea?

Q2: Should I also complete the online change of address at the CIS website, https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa

Thanks & Best Regards.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Q1. Yes

Q2. Yes

Do both, its the best idea. Online address change takes 2 seconds, and you wont have to do it later if you do it now.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Q1. Yes

Q2. Yes

Do both, its the best idea. Online address change takes 2 seconds, and you wont have to do it later if you do it now.

:thumbs:

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

The CIS website, https://egov.uscis.g...i/go?action=coa has these instructions for Change of Address:

3. The Process

If you want to change your address online and/or file a Form AR-11 using our Online Change of Address Notification tool, you will need to have certain information available. Please have the following information available before you begin:

• Your receipt notice or other notice we sent you showing your receipt number (if you have a pending case with USCIS);

• Your new address;

• Your old address;

• If you have filed a petition for a family member, the names and biographical information for that person

Q1: Even if my famliy has interview this month (I130 approved & NVC process done), is the case still considered "Pending" with USCIS & therefor I should use the Receipt# which has some status for example it has status at this point as "Post Decision Activity" ?

Q2: The Online Change of Address require you to select a form with Receipt#, will that be form I-130 in my case, correct?

Thanks & Best Regards.

As far as the change of address goes, I had to change it for my husband. He moved in with a friend for the last bit of our wait, since his flat lease was up in august. No sense in renewing and paying tons of money for a Bristol flat...anyway, all I did was call the AVR number for the NVC and hit the "speak with an operator" option. I told her I needed to change his address, gave it to her over the phone and she did it right then and there.

I asked her if I needed to fill out any additional forms at all and she said "No, I'll just do it right now. It'll take me two seconds. Some people have you send in the forms anyway, but since I'm doing it right now, you won't need to."

I'll call and double check soon of course, but she sounded pretty cool about just skipping the hassle of the extra forms and doing it right then and there. Maybe if you call and ask as well? Her name was Renee'....maybe you can ask for her!

Best of luck!

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

See my inline response.

Loto

Hi,

The CIS website, https://egov.uscis.g...i/go?action=coa has these instructions for Change of Address:

3. The Process

If you want to change your address online and/or file a Form AR-11 using our Online Change of Address Notification tool, you will need to have certain information available. Please have the following information available before you begin:

• Your receipt notice or other notice we sent you showing your receipt number (if you have a pending case with USCIS);

• Your new address;

• Your old address;

• If you have filed a petition for a family member, the names and biographical information for that person

Q1: Even if my famliy has interview this month (I130 approved & NVC process done), is the case still considered "Pending" with USCIS & therefor I should use the Receipt# which has some status for example it has status at this point as "Post Decision Activity" ?

Since you (Petitioner) have executed I-864 AOS, you need to file I-865 for change of address

Q2: The Online Change of Address require you to select a form with Receipt#, will that be form I-130 in my case, correct?

Now onwards you (petitioner) need not to file AR-11, only I-865. Beneficiary, after reaching the U.S will file AR-11 for any change of address.

Thanks & Best Regards.

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.