birdman2010

Ukraine: Extra medical clinic visits before coming to the USA?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Greetings,

My fiancee was told by the Kiev contracted medical clinic that if, after coming on a K-1 visa, and after marrying, if she wanted to study or work (after marriage), that it would be useful for her to have multiple medical clinic visits in her home country before coming to the USA. So not only to the clinic in Kiev, Ukraine, but also to a clinic in Odessa.

I have written to the embassy in Kiev and they said that she is not required to go to a hospital or clinic in Odessa first - that all that is required is the clinic visit in Kiev.

But the medical clinic then told my fiancee "if you go to marry, and if you then decide to study or work, after you marry, it would be advantageous for you to have also gone to the hospital in Odessa, in addition to the clinic visit in Kiev."

Is there an advantage for her going to two medical clinics in Ukraine before coming over on the K-1 visa, or is just one medical clinic visit sufficient? Again the embassy says she only needs to go the one clinic visit in Kiev.

The clinic in Kiev says that only one visit is required, but that an extra visit in Odessa would help with the whole process, relative to the situation after she arrives in the USA (if, after marriage, she decides to work or study in addition to marriage).

What feedback do you happen to have on this?

Is the ability to work or study after marriage affected by whether she has one or two clinic visits in Ukraine before coming?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Greetings,

My fiancee was told by the Kiev contracted medical clinic that if, after coming on a K-1 visa, and after marrying, if she wanted to study or work (after marriage), that it would be useful for her to have multiple medical clinic visits in her home country before coming to the USA. So not only to the clinic in Kiev, Ukraine, but also to a clinic in Odessa.

I have written to the embassy in Kiev and they said that she is not required to go to a hospital or clinic in Odessa first - that all that is required is the clinic visit in Kiev.

But the medical clinic then told my fiancee "if you go to marry, and if you then decide to study or work, after you marry, it would be advantageous for you to have also gone to the hospital in Odessa, in addition to the clinic visit in Kiev."

Is there an advantage for her going to two medical clinics in Ukraine before coming over on the K-1 visa, or is just one medical clinic visit sufficient? Again the embassy says she only needs to go the one clinic visit in Kiev.

The clinic in Kiev says that only one visit is required, but that an extra visit in Odessa would help with the whole process, relative to the situation after she arrives in the USA (if, after marriage, she decides to work or study in addition to marriage).

Is the ability to work or study after marriage affected by whether she has one or two clinic visits in Ukraine before coming?

I would say not if the embassy says one is enough then so be it. Sounds like it is a money making thing from the medical profession.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Sounds sketchy to me. I don't know of any jobs or schools that require a medical exam (maybe a drug test), if they do they usually pay for it and have specific clinic that they use.

Like the previous poster said, something to get more of your money, I would guess.

The only reason to maybe go to anoter clinic "prior" to Kiev would be to make sure all immunizations are current. As they will be required for AOS in US, "and are more expensive" here. :star:

I-751 Vermont
Mailed 4/03/2012
Check Cashed 4/10/2012
Noa1 4/12/2012 receipt date 4/6/2012
Biometrics 4/19/2012 letter recieved
Biometrics 5/01/2012 done
Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic toc..................................................

5/10/2013 Info pass for another year stamp

Tic Toc, Tic Toc.....................................

Second biometrics letter received 7/6/2013

Tic toc tic toc..........................................................................................

4/10/14 info pass for another year

Tic Toc, Tic toc

3/30/2015 info pass for another year stamp

9/10/2015 Notice for I-751 interview 9/22/2015 Our gov is so efficient just gotta love em in charge of health care!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Greetings,

Nonsense.

Just make sure she has all the needed vaccines and that the clinic in Kiev fills out the DS 3025 properly and gives a copy to your fiancee. This is the vaccination record. she will need nothing else for any reason from any clinic in Ukraine

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The only reason to maybe go to anoter clinic "prior" to Kiev would be to make sure all immunizations are current. As they will be required for AOS in US, "and are more expensive" here. :star:

True, however she can go to ANY doctor or clinic in Ukraine, get the needed vaccinations (if any) and take the record of this with her to the medical exam in Kiev.

The people working at the clinic in Kiev are no different than people anywhere else and are sometimes a source of bad information or confused information. The clinic that does medical exams for the USA in Kiev also does exams for Canada and Australia/NZ. They may be confusaing the rules or they may just be drumming up business.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.