100% Al Ahly Fan

Biometrics, really?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey MENA Peeps!!

I have a concern and I am hoping one of the MENA (or anyone in Visajourney) can help.

We had to return my husband's greencard due to a USCIS Error (They spelled his last name wrong). So we send all the prove with the I-90 showing it was their error. They mailed us a notice that there would be no fee. We have been waiting the past 3 and half months and have heard nothing. I finally contacted the senator to do an inquiry. I heard back from them today telling me that the adjudicating officer informed them that we need to do a biometrics appt and that we will receive a notice in the mail shortly for the time and date. This didn't sound right, so I asked the person from the senators office to follow up because I didn't think that was necessary when it was an error on THEIR part. Am I wrong?

Also, if we end up having to go to this biometrics appt, what do we need to bring? Will it be in the appt letter all the information needed?

Thanks in advance!

Sharifah

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Timeline

Wow, I wonder why they want a biometric appointment?

Is there any way you can call the USCIS and find out yourself or do you need to go through your senator's office? I know that I was able to track my husband GC through production online once I had the NOA saying they received his paperwork for his POE.

It's sounds like there might be something else going on! I know I had alot of trouble with my husband's name because the name they put on his GC and what they put on his social security card didn't match. It had to go through homeland security and be verified again before the social security office would correct it on their end.

Good luck Sharifah and let me know what happens!

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Timeline

I know it sounds silly but I think they want to update the paperwork and biometrics because they want a current picture of him that's been within their 30 day time frame for the new green card.

I noticed on hubby's EAD card they used his biometrics picture and finger prints.

You might want to make an infopass appointment for clarification and bring your supporting evidence. For the biometrics appointment all you have to bring is the letter and identification typically.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sharifah,

In fact, Tarek did have to repeat his biometrics too even though the mistake was TOTALLY made by USCIS. Hate to tell you that sister.

Betsy El Sum

Hey MENA Peeps!!

I have a concern and I am hoping one of the MENA (or anyone in Visajourney) can help.

We had to return my husband's greencard due to a USCIS Error (They spelled his last name wrong). So we send all the prove with the I-90 showing it was their error. They mailed us a notice that there would be no fee. We have been waiting the past 3 and half months and have heard nothing. I finally contacted the senator to do an inquiry. I heard back from them today telling me that the adjudicating officer informed them that we need to do a biometrics appt and that we will receive a notice in the mail shortly for the time and date. This didn't sound right, so I asked the person from the senators office to follow up because I didn't think that was necessary when it was an error on THEIR part. Am I wrong?

Also, if we end up having to go to this biometrics appt, what do we need to bring? Will it be in the appt letter all the information needed?

Thanks in advance!

Sharifah

Having new biometrics taken is part of the I-90 process, but 3 and half months is too long.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Prague, Czech Republic

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-15

Check Cashed: 2009-07-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-20

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-01

NVC Received : 2009-10-06

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-15

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-15

Visa Received : 2009-12-16

US Entry :

Marriage :

AOS:

Event Date

CIS Office : Washington DC

Date Filed : 2010-07-26

NOA Date : 2010-08-06

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2010-09-09

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date :2011-01-07

Approval / Denial Date :2011-01-07

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Timeline

Sharifah,

In fact, Tarek did have to repeat his biometrics too even though the mistake was TOTALLY made by USCIS. Hate to tell you that sister.

After all the HELL they put you two through they made him do a biometrics again? That's F'd up Bets! At least it's all taken care of now:yes:

Anyhow, I heard back from the senators office today and they said that we do indeed have to do a biometrics. Guess you were right Olivia, the USCIS wants something more recent from Ahmed (new pics and fingerprints, I guess).

So besides the pics and finger prints...what else do they do at at this appt? What will we need to bring? I'm assuming the letter has specifics as to what they will want. I think what we will end up bringing is Ahmed's translated birth paper, passport, and other supporting evidence showing the error was their fault. Anything else?

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.