decocker

when should i officially freak out?

122 posts in this topic

Omg Valerie, that was just terrible. I'm so sorry you are still dealing with this #######.

I'm sure you have done all of this before but,I would send them another email since that seems to be the only way they will let you contact them. I don't know how you marked your email before, but you may want to put in the topic along with your case number something like passport and visa lost after printing. Then maybe they will actually open the email and see what you are asking. Tell them the visa was printed (date) and it was never received.

Has it always been you sending out the emails or your fiance, I know when we were contacting them, they would reply to me but not my fiance at the time now husband other then the automated email.

i (usc) have been sending an email with a different variation for the subject line every morning this week, i get nothing but the automated reply..

now that dos is telling me that montreal has never printed the visa (two calls two different operators - same answer) i wonder where in the world my senator's office got the information that it had printed on the second?? my fiance is in st. constant - minutes outside of montreal so there isn't any reason it would take a full week to deliver..

i just don't know what to do.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

maybe time to ask ILS person at the Senator's office to 'check in again' with Montreal?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

maybe time to ask ILS person at the Senator's office to 'check in again' with Montreal?

yeah, waiting on her to get back with me. she was annoyed, like - i told you it was printed on the second...i don't think it has printed. i don't know why anyone would just say that, but something isn't right.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That is just the most frustrating thing ever being told two different things. I am so sorry your going through all that. I did notice when we would send out emails to Montreal they only would reply to me not my fiance he is the usc and he only got the automated reply too. So it seems they wont reply to your emails either, I wounder if they even looked at them. How hard can it be to just send you a reply saying something so you would know whether its in AP or printed or lost etc etc...

I think you may need to call the senator's office back and tell them they are full of #######.....

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

That is just the most frustrating thing ever being told two different things. I am so sorry your going through all that. I did notice when we would send out emails to Montreal they only would reply to me not my fiance he is the usc and he only got the automated reply too. So it seems they wont reply to your emails either, I wounder if they even looked at them. How hard can it be to just send you a reply saying something so you would know whether its in AP or printed or lost etc etc...

I think you may need to call the senator's office back and tell them they are full of #######.....

i just called her this morning, we'll see if she calls me back.

i agree, it is totally unacceptable that montreal is not at all accountable. i would LOVE just to know for sure what our scenario is. not knowing is killing me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I can't even imagine what type of hell you must be going through. Seriously, where the fark is the visa already, and there's no one to complain to, no one to *force* them to get their acts together - nothing.

How sucky is it that the USC can't even get some sort of response, geez.

I'll include you in my prayers tonight for a speedy resolution for this b.s.

I can't even imagine what type of hell you must be going through. Seriously, where the fark is the visa already, and there's no one to complain to, no one to *force* them to get their acts together - nothing.

How sucky is it that the USC can't even get some sort of response, geez.

I'll include you in my prayers tonight for a speedy resolution for this b.s.

thanks, that's sweet of you :P

the aide at my senator's office just called me and said she is having her contact with the department of state get to the bottom of it. now i'm just holding for her return call.

amazing how just a little reply such as that, makes me feel ten times better. even if we are in the horrid ap or a lost file or whatever - montreal needs to get on track and respond to people. its one thing to ignore requests that simply must take their course but they should realize there are exclusions to their rules...

i'll keep you all posted, thanks for all your support. (L)

I hope you get some good news soon with that return phone call! At least an answer so you don't have to keep wondering what's going on. For the amount of time, effort and money we put into this process, you'd expect better treatment.

I hope you get some good news soon with that return phone call! At least an answer so you don't have to keep wondering what's going on. For the amount of time, effort and money we put into this process, you'd expect better treatment.

i know, right???? i feel like becoming some sort of immigration vigilante once this is all said and done..we really need immigration reform in the us..

so i actually got an email from montreal this morning, saying this:

Good morning,

Your case is being worked on by the officer, therefore it has not been issued yet.

Thank you,

OP8

UM - #######.

Timeline

cool - an email reponse to yer email inquiry.

IMO, though, still no response back TO the ILS human.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

so i actually got an email from montreal this morning, saying this:

Good morning,

Your case is being worked on by the officer, therefore it has not been issued yet.

Thank you,

OP8

UM - #######.

Umm confused?

why would they print it and not send it? does this mean that you are indeed in ap? I think you should still bug the ####### out of everyone, congress and dos.

that is not even a cleat answer

sorry :(

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

cool - an email reponse to yer email inquiry.

IMO, though, still no response back TO the ILS human.

only when i used my personal email account did they reply, interesting. and this is like, six emails in...

the ILS human did call me yesterday - to tell me about the glitch with montreal's computer system and that was why they had originally said our visa had printed - when it hadn't. so i'm going to call her back with this new information and have her 'demand' an explanation from montreal. i mean - come on don't just tell me you're working on it..are we in ap? if so, why? what do you need from us? are they giving us MORE security checks??? after being held up an additional two weeks at NVC - my entire credit report and address history pulled WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT? my ex husband is in jail right now, for drug charges. i feel like they're going to use that against me. are they trying to find a reason not to give us the visa? this is just crazy.

if it's just sitting on someones desk than, take five minutes out of your day, print it and stuff the gd envelope.

if they give us this much hassle with AOS, i'm going to lose ten years off my life..swear to god.

:wacko:

Timeline

ya, that's not any 'real response' - yer listening for other stuff, like

--delay because of AP

--casefile lost on someone's desk, handover from retired person on interview day not done correctly (MY #1 gut feeling, btw)

--Visa Printer Broken

--Out of Visa Stamps Paper

etc etc

IMO, 'working on it', isn't really a status with the ILS staffer - they have direct line to Montreal IV Unit, so should be able to get real answers back, in quasi-real-time. Maybe reform some pointed questions for that ILS person, prior to making the next call?

ya, that's not any 'real response' - yer listening for other stuff, like

--delay because of AP

--casefile lost on someone's desk, handover from retired person on interview day not done correctly (MY #1 gut feeling, btw)

--Visa Printer Broken

--Out of Visa Stamps Paper

etc etc

IMO, 'working on it', isn't really a status with the ILS staffer - they have direct line to Montreal IV Unit, so should be able to get real answers back, in quasi-real-time. Maybe reform some pointed questions for that ILS person, prior to making the next call?

thanks darnell, and yes. she told me she is normally out of staff meetings by 11, so i'm going to call and give her very specific questions to ask. thanks for your advice - very very much appreciated. :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.