uscitizeninca

Interview Questions - Previous Marriage

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

I was previously married & have children from that marriage. My wife was also previusly married & have a child who now is my step daughter. All this correct information is in the immigrations forms. I have applied for both my wife & step daughter & their interview is next month at the ISLAMABAD consulate in Pakistan. LOTO previosly provided a very good list of questions. I was now trying to think of questions that they might ask about previous marriages & children on both sides. Please share what questions are expected.

I can think of some common ones like their names, when marriages happened? Anyone with such experience or knowledge please advice.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I was previously married & have children from that marriage. My wife was also previusly married & have a child who now is my step daughter. All this correct information is in the immigrations forms. I have applied for both my wife & step daughter & their interview is next month at the ISLAMABAD consulate in Pakistan. LOTO previosly provided a very good list of questions. I was now trying to think of questions that they might ask about previous marriages & children on both sides. Please share what questions are expected.

I can think of some common ones like their names, when marriages happened? Anyone with such experience or knowledge please advice.

Thanks & Best Regards,

I was also previously married and have one son in my previous marriage. When my current wife went to the interview last time, there was a casual chat by CO to her, just about my son.

What is his name?

Where is he now right now?

And how old he is?

Loto

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks LOTO for sharing this. This info about your family first interview, got me worried though. Did everything not go well in the first interview that she has to go through second one. Please share if you can as I think your case is very similar to mine. What issues can I expect at interview in reagards to previous marriage & children mine or hers.

As far as previous marriage related questions you alreay mentioned that they had informal questions not very strict ones.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Thanks LOTO for sharing this. This info about your family first interview, got me worried though. Did everything not go well in the first interview that she has to go through second one. Please share if you can as I think your case is very similar to mine. What issues can I expect at interview in reagards to previous marriage & children mine or hers.

As far as previous marriage related questions you alreay mentioned that they had informal questions not very strict ones.

Thanks & Best Regards,

uscitizeninca, You don't have to worry about anything. Interview will be very smooth and respond very honestly.

In my case, my wife (current) didn't have any issues at interview. She got her green card and came here in the U.S, lived with me over a year. Since she wanted to do some higher studies, she left the U.S and we didn't take the re-entry permit. Now she is ready to come back to the U.S to live with me. Since her old GC was surrendered, we have to re-start all this entire process again. That's all.

Loto

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Hi,

Thanks & Best Regards,

when married/divorced the ex/s

name of ex

reason for divorce

names of the grandparents of the children (because they are possibly in the child/rens lives as much as the other parent)

names/birthdays of children

children's favorite foods...

favorite color

least fav food

if small child - maybe even what is their fav toy

what activities they are in (i.e. volunteerism, brownies, cub scouts, 4-H, school or church activities)

hobbies (older kids example - woodworking and XBox 360, little kids example - fingerpainting and eating cookies LOL)

pets and who takes care of them

what is their bedtime

small children again - who bathes them

who drives them to school/gets them ready for bus/etc

who is the disciplinarian (this is one *I* would ask if i were a IO)

what were they wearing when you last saw them

"pay attention to details" (look who's talking, i didnt even remember what the walls looked like in the gameroom after living here for 11.5yrs!)

good luck... you'll do fine

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

when married/divorced the ex/s

name of ex

reason for divorce

names of the grandparents of the children (because they are possibly in the child/rens lives as much as the other parent)

names/birthdays of children

children's favorite foods...

favorite color

least fav food

if small child - maybe even what is their fav toy

what activities they are in (i.e. volunteerism, brownies, cub scouts, 4-H, school or church activities)

hobbies (older kids example - woodworking and XBox 360, little kids example - fingerpainting and eating cookies LOL)

pets and who takes care of them

what is their bedtime

small children again - who bathes them

who drives them to school/gets them ready for bus/etc

who is the disciplinarian (this is one *I* would ask if i were a IO)

what were they wearing when you last saw them

"pay attention to details" (look who's talking, i didnt even remember what the walls looked like in the gameroom after living here for 11.5yrs!)

good luck... you'll do fine

Do you know if the petitioner can accompany the beneficiary at the interview ? can they both go at the window or only the beneficiary - in Islamabad consulate

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I came on a k-1 but I got asked at the interview if I knew his ex-wife, if I had ever spoken to her, and if I knew the reason for the divorce between them.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Do you know if the petitioner can accompany the beneficiary at the interview ? can they both go at the window or only the beneficiary - in Islamabad consulate

IDK. on this link it says yes (look about 2/3 way down page) but from most accounts I've heard, i believe most times they just have petitioner go sit in waiting area.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Pakistan&cty=Islamabad

here is there reviews of interviews there:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Pakistan

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.