mandaNchris

I'm highly annoyed

40 posts in this topic

So I've been talking to this girl for a few years now that lives in New Zealand. Well she started this relationship with someone from the U.S. in 2008, they met each other once in person, then they broke up. A year later she is talking to this other guy from the U.S. and they are a "couple" even tho they have never met each other in real life. She knew I was going through Immigration with Chris and started asking me questions about it when we just started our process. She asked me how to go about everything and I explained it all to her and told her about this site. a few weeks later she tells me about how shes going to get a visitors pass (or whatever they are called) to go visit the U.S. and then she will get married and stay. I told her this was not legal and she could get in serious trouble for doing it. Well she ended up doing just what she said she was going to (keep in mind this guy shes going to marry is someone she has never met in person), gave her landlord her month notice, sold all her stuff, started paying off debt and packed up all the rest of her stuff. She gets to the states and finds out this guy she "loves" wasnt who she thought he was (big surprise) and breaks up with him. She then says that she realized she loved the other U.S. guy sense they met, that she only had a little time left on her visitors visa and that she had to get married quick. So this guy goes to the state she is in and they get married. She applied for AOS and her interview was today. Apperently they were alright with all of her stuff and lucky her, she gets to stay and be with her husband. She got her work permit a few weeks ago and her SSN card the other day.

I am so annoyed that immigration is so freaken stupid and that someone who clearly came there just to live and cheat the system gets to stay. No problems for her what so ever. GRR!! makes me feel like all of us who have done things the right way are complete fools. All this time away from my fiance... all the time he has had to miss with OUR son, His first steps, his first words etc. makes me so upset. My fiance had to miss two and a half years of our sons life because we were fool enough to do things the legal way.

I am not mad at my friend. She took a risk and it paied off for her. I am mad at immigration. it is such a joke. :angry:

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

I almost wish now i didn't know VisaJourney so i can do just like her and do whatever i thought was good to come here with my hubby (which i didn't marry just to come in the USA btw, i'd still b in Canada if i could!!!) And i was just joking about the VJ part as well. I totally agree with you MandaNChris, we try to do all of this immigration process the right way but we get screwed one way or another..

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

haha yeah i know what you mean. its so fustrating that someone could be clearly doing things the wrong way but yet get to have all benifts of doing things right.... well dang more then the benifts of people who do things right. She didnt have to be away from someone she loves for over a year. It makes me even more angry that she knew all about the right and wrong way to do things before she did anything but yet she still did things the wrong way. blah i should get over this and be happy that my interview went very well and I did things the legal way, so i can feel good about myself

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I totally understand and share many of your feelings. My husband and I will not be living together when our child is born--even though he/ she will be born OVER A YEAR after we filed our I-130. How is this right? We have done EVERYTHING by the book, but there's no end to the process in sight for us. We don't even have an interview date. And we can't get so much as an expression of sympathy from an elected representative--never mind the Montreal consulate!

C.

haha yeah i know what you mean. its so fustrating that someone could be clearly doing things the wrong way but yet get to have all benifts of doing things right.... well dang more then the benifts of people who do things right. She didnt have to be away from someone she loves for over a year. It makes me even more angry that she knew all about the right and wrong way to do things before she did anything but yet she still did things the wrong way. blah i should get over this and be happy that my interview went very well and I did things the legal way, so i can feel good about myself

Wow sorry to hear its taking so long for you. I hope you get a interview soon. Its not right at all that your husband is going to miss out on some of the first days/weeks/months of your baby's life. :( Its hard, I know. It seems to be all about how much money immigration can make off people, not about who should actually be there or doing things right. :bonk: <-- wish I could do that to their interviewer lol How blind can you be!!! oi!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My coworkers daughter did the same thing. Sort of a kick in the face for the rest of us who decided to do it legally eh?

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

In all seriousness, it would probably be a very easy way to do it. Play dumb and keep ur story straight!! But keep in mind if one does get denied, then ur in a world of hurt. Family/friends pass away back in ur country, do you risk going back?? Going back is not the problem, it is the coming back into the USA! Yes I can see how it bothers some, but I slept well throughout the process and while I was in the USA, as I knew I was doing it legally! If it really ticked you off, you could call immigration! I belive thats what happened to a mexican acctress that came into the USA on a fake marriage (so they say) http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5hMxoLPizMfJA8XLj3kQXjkNfPbqg

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

yes it does feel like a kick in the face. I'm starting to get over being so mad.... still a little tho.

Flames, I have thought about that but I couldnt do that. I'd feel horrible turning in my friend. Like I said, I'm not mad at her. She took the risk and it paid out for her. I am just mad that immigration isnt doing their jobs well enough. Makes me wonder why anyone cares about laws and rules. I was scared of being banned from there and so I did things the right way. Also because I'm an honest person and hate lies. I would just feel terrible for cheating the system and knowing I was dishonest. that is not the kind of person I want to be.

She has only been doing this for a short time. she got married in May. She said she gets a conditional 2 year visa.... is that the same as a green card?? I'm assuming no??

Timeline

She must have ment 2 year conditional green card, because a 2 year conditional visa makes no sence.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Oh ok. I was wondering that. Didnt make much sense to me either. thanx :)

Timeline

U should had seen my face when my cousin sent me an email asking how the marriage immigration worked, because she found herself a military marine and is going to marry him so she can move to america. lol.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

lol oh my! Isnt it nice to hear those kinds of things *rolls eyes* Hope you explained things to her. No doubt you did. Is she still planning on getting married and moving??

Timeline

yes it does feel like a kick in the face. I'm starting to get over being so mad.... still a little tho.

Flames, I have thought about that but I couldnt do that. I'd feel horrible turning in my friend. Like I said, I'm not mad at her. She took the risk and it paid out for her. I am just mad that immigration isnt doing their jobs well enough. Makes me wonder why anyone cares about laws and rules. I was scared of being banned from there and so I did things the right way. Also because I'm an honest person and hate lies. I would just feel terrible for cheating the system and knowing I was dishonest. that is not the kind of person I want to be.

She has only been doing this for a short time. she got married in May. She said she gets a conditional 2 year visa.... is that the same as a green card?? I'm assuming no??

I suppose Immigration officials require evidence and if they dont have any, they probably approve the case! If they come for a low threat country, I'm sure one would have little trouble doing it this way!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Yeah thats probably how it works. Still ticks me off lol I'm calming down tho. Thank you to everyone that commented. Thanks for listening (well reading) to my vent.

Timeline

lol oh my! Isnt it nice to hear those kinds of things *rolls eyes* Hope you explained things to her. No doubt you did. Is she still planning on getting married and moving??

I explained some of it but im really hoping the guy is not as stupid as she is making him out to be. K-1 is expencive! She barely knows him an he barely knows her and all she wants is to move to america lol. I sent her mother an email too, to let her know what was going on because it seemed she hadnt told anyone in her family of her " great plan " as she called it!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.