David & Kezia

Undeliverable?!!

3 posts in this topic

We've been waiting for our NOA1 for more than a month. We sent the I-129F in July 19, 2010 and up to now, we haven't received our NOA1.

We noticed that the check was cashed on July 27, and we repeatedly called the call center for the status of our case or our Case Number but we couldn't get a real answer.

Finally, on Aug 18, someone finally gave us our Case Number and we were able to check online for our status. It says:

On August 3, 2010, the post office returned your document I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) as undeliverable. We will hold it for 180 days from August 3, 2010 to allow you time to contact us. If you do not contact us at 1-800-375-5283 within 180 days, this document will be destroyed and you will need to file a new application or application for replacement with fee.

We called them again, and they said that the address was wrong. The agent said that it may have been too long and David gave them our address again, something that would fit in their computer form. It was absurd, as he gets all kinds of mails in his mailbox and many of those doesn't even have a full address, just his name and the subdivision, without a unit number or a building number, and they still get to the right mailbox anyway.

After that, we were told to wait for something in the mail. It arrived today, just saying that they changed his address, and doesn't say anything about the package. Neither does the status on website has changed, and it's making us really worry about it. We don't want to wait another 180 days for them to get it out of "hold" and another 5 months to process it. This is crazy!!! We want to be together soon. We want to know the real status of our application, and how soon can we get to the next level. We don't even have the NOA1 yet.

:crying:

We just called the call center again, and they're still not telling us anything useful. What happened to our papers?! I hope that they haven't lost it or shredded it yet. We don't want to go through the process of filing another one, and paying for another one. This is too stressful.

:crying:

-Kezia

Edited by David & Kezia

2009/12/30 - Met online

2010/03/27 - 1st Visit to the Phils

2010/04/03 - Left the Phils back to the US

2010/05/__ - Engagement (unofficial)

2010/07/19 - Filed I-129F

2010/07/27 - Check cleared

2010/08/21 - 3rd Call to USCIS call center, finally got our Case #, still no mail

2010/09/01 - NOA1 official date

2010/09/07 - NOA1 received, FINALLY!!!

2010/10/06 - Touched (expedite request callback from USCIS, giving us the requirements)

2010/10/07 - Finally got the papers from the doctor and submitted requirements for expedite

2010/10/07 - Touched with callback

2010/10/14 - USCIS website says it's APPROVED!!! mailed

2010/10/19 - received at NVC

2010/10/21 - NVC sent documents to the US Embassy in Manila

2010/10/23 - 2nd Visit the the Phils, touchdown in Manila & flight to Samar, Pamamanhikan for brunch, Engagement Party for dinner

2010/10/24 - Picnic with close family and friends

2010/10/25 - Engagement Party with family in Manila

2010/10/26 - Leave the Phils back to the US

2010/11/22 - Interview at the US Embassy in Manila - VISA APPROVED!!!

2010/12/30 - POE in Las Vegas. TOGETHER AT LAST!

2011/03/06 - Married in Las Vegas

2011/05/03 - AOS, EAD & AP filing date

2011/05/11 - NOA1 for all

2011/05/24 - successful walk-in biometrics (originally 6/10)

2011/06/20 - got online status update and hardcopy of interview appointment dated 6/16 but scheduled for 7/26

2011/07/22 - AP approved, EAD card in production

2011/07/26 - AOS interview. RFE coz they LOST MY MEDICAL!!! GRRR!

2011/07/30 - EAD/AP combo card in the mail

2011/10/21 - finally got my GREENCARD after several complaints all over the place

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

so tell Dave to keep calling, for next week.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

in my case it happens the same thing too because my fiance was moved in a different place but his mail use to send to his mailbox .FYI USCIS does not allow mails to be sent thru PO Box because it is an important document anybody can do fraudulence esp. in this case but what we did. we simply call the USCIS and ask why we dont hear anything from them since it was 3weeks ago and we also reported that fiance was moved in a different place and the guy told my fiance to call back after a month if we still dont received on the mail the notice and thats the time that we need to call them back and make an appropriate action . after a month fiance called again and explained that he was instructed to call back USCIS after a month and he check on to the status if we really called a month ago and the guy get back on to him and said "ok write this number down and find the status of ur application and we got the receipt finally and thats the one that we check on "check status " under USCIS homepage when we check on our case status we are surprised that we found out that i got the same status as u received and we decided to call the USCIS again and report again for the change address take note if u are not a real US citizen u need to send a form together with a change of address online together with the form AR -11 i dont remember what form is that for more information visit this link and find the appropriate tab that best apply for u www.uscishomepage u should do this while ur case is pending to avoid any problem in the future or if not apply for u for a change address sometimes they declared undeliverable due to no person available to receive or hard to find but on our case as i was said in the beginning my fiance was moved but the best address that he gave was his workplace for him to received the document finally after 3 days we got the noticed (as what other use to call NOA1) after 35 days of waiting and thanks god we are approved after 42 days upon receiving the NOA1 and now im closer to my honey my interview was on SEpt 15,2010 hope and pray that God answer my prayer to be my honey soon because we worked so hard on this journey . and we almost ruin our relationship because i told him not to change his address while papaers are on process he never thought it will create problems in the future just what happened to our papers almost put on trash but communication is always the best thats why we talked about this things heartedly and do the best that we can in order for us to be together offcourse with the help of God .we do hope and pray that ur papers will adjudicate in a manner of being smooth and RFE free just like us :lol: best wishes and GODBLESS us always :D have a nice weekend :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.