K-1 Visa and AIDS patient

76 posts in this topic

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
My fiancee told me she has HIV, and we are still getting married (trying).

:o

Matt, people with HIV have just as much right to love and marriage as anyone else.

FULL kudos to jareguyo for not deserting his fiancee after she told him. They have a difficult road ahead, but I wish them well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
My fiancee told me she has HIV, and we are still getting married (trying).

:o

Matt, people with HIV have just as much right to love and marriage as anyone else.

FULL kudos to jareguyo for not deserting his fiancee after she told him. They have a difficult road ahead, but I wish them well.

I agree. Couples deal with one partner being HIV positive all the time.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My goodness. Why not try contacting an AIDS activist legal group? There are many. They are probably familiar with this sort of problem and even if they don't know an insurance company right away, they might know someone who does...

PS Madison, WI, eh? I'm wearing my badger PJs and hoodie right now :)

Timeline
I thought anyone applying for a visa who has HIV would be denied the visa on that basis. Or is that not true?

No, it's a communicable disease that's on that scary list of 9, but there is a waiver available. It's just that they make people jump through the hoops this poster is detailing...

Ok, that's what I was trying to understand. Why all the worry and fuss about insurance if the visa is going to be denied anyway?

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Whoever this person may be, she is trying to reach out for help and is afraid to because of the reaction that comes behind HIV. Obviously, the way she is going about getting help is wrong but I want to chuck it up to everyone's overall reaction.

Listen, whoever you are, if you are going to come on vj to ask serious questions, then give us the whole sinario and dont use words like "just kidding" to end the attacks on you. You must be here for some advise and you have to expect some kind of attack but if you come forward with exactly what you want to know then I am sure that there are some vj members that will see past HIV word and would try to really lead you in the right direction.

My opinion on this is if it is true, your first step is to talk to your fiance, its a cruel thing to keep her from this fatel piece of information even if it means shes not infected. Just the mere fact that you think you are infected, she should know about it. Remember this, "The truth shall set you free" Also "Anything that is done in darkness, will surely surface to the light

March 18 2007 "Wedding Day"

AOS PROCESS BEGINS

May 4 - AOS/EAD Mailed

May 5 - USCIS Received Package

May 11 - Checks Cashed

May 20 - RFE - Received

June 13 - Touched RFE Documents Received

June 29,2007 - I-485 Transferred to California for processing

July 17, 2007 - Touched

July 18, 2007 - Touched

July 28, 2007 - Touched

July 30, 2007 - Work Authorization Received

Timeline

insurance

Call these guys:

National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild

14 Beacon Street, Suite 602

Boston, MA 02108

(617) 227-9727

www.nationalimmigrationproject.org

They seem to be really knowledgeable about the HIV waiver process so maybe they would know where to point you for a willing insurance company

Filed: Timeline

I have a friend from Glasgow who was denied a K1 because he is HIV poss.... they would not grant the wavier unless they could prove they had sufficiant money to cover all his medical needs for at least 10 years... as you can imagine that came to a very large amount of $$$$$$.... they are now married and living in the UK....

Kez

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Whoever this person may be, she is trying to reach out for help and is afraid to because of the reaction that comes behind HIV. Obviously, the way she is going about getting help is wrong but I want to chuck it up to everyone's overall reaction.

Listen, whoever you are, if you are going to come on vj to ask serious questions, then give us the whole sinario and dont use words like "just kidding" to end the attacks on you. You must be here for some advise and you have to expect some kind of attack but if you come forward with exactly what you want to know then I am sure that there are some vj members that will see past HIV word and would try to really lead you in the right direction.

My opinion on this is if it is true, your first step is to talk to your fiance, its a cruel thing to keep her from this fatel piece of information even if it means shes not infected. Just the mere fact that you think you are infected, she should know about it. Remember this, "The truth shall set you free" Also "Anything that is done in darkness, will surely surface to the light

The original poster, Matako, is a troll. Quite a well known one here on VJ. Don't waste your breath! ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

WHOEVER DID THIS IS SICKKKKKKKKKKKK. THATS ALL I GOT TO SAY. WATCH IT, WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND.

March 18 2007 "Wedding Day"

AOS PROCESS BEGINS

May 4 - AOS/EAD Mailed

May 5 - USCIS Received Package

May 11 - Checks Cashed

May 20 - RFE - Received

June 13 - Touched RFE Documents Received

June 29,2007 - I-485 Transferred to California for processing

July 17, 2007 - Touched

July 18, 2007 - Touched

July 28, 2007 - Touched

July 30, 2007 - Work Authorization Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Ah, this is a Matako thread. Figures. :P

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

This went a long way ... I guess not everyone is familiar with Matako? :whistle:

Our AOS Journey

July 18, 07: AOS/EAD sent to Chicago

Aug 03, 07: Received Biometrics appt. letter

Aug 23, 07: Biometrics

Aug 30, 07: Transfer to CSC letter dated 8/27

Sept 19, 07: EAD Approval email

Sept 29, 07: EAD card Received

Oct 09, 07: AOS Approved

Oct 13, 07: Green Card in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.