K-1 Visa and AIDS patient

76 posts in this topic

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
I was once told when I was in the Philippines...if you have the money, go to the private hospital if something happens because if you go to the goverment ones, its ok if you die. Doctors use those ones to learn and then move to the private ones.......hmmm

wolf

Same thing in Algeria. Yacine's aunt used a government run hospital to give birth to her son. Well she was having problems delivering, and the doctor was cutting her open to do a C-section, he dropped the cutting instrument on the floor, picked it up and then kept operating.

Needless to say she blew up like an elephant, she had a really bad peritoneal infection (lining of the abdominal cavity). Then she was told she could never have children again.

This was 19 years ago. She had to spend a lot of money to go to Tunisia and get an in-vitro fertilization. She is now 7 months pregnant and is going to give birth in a private clinic in Algiers. She'll have the baby in the next two weeks.

LOL I thought this topic was funny because it looked fake and you guys bit on the flamebait....LOL good job to whoever created this one!

sign0083.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Same thing in Algeria. Yacine's aunt used a government run hospital to give birth to her son. Well she was having problems delivering, and the doctor was cutting her open to do a C-section, he dropped the cutting instrument on the floor, picked it up and then kept operating.

Needless to say she blew up like an elephant, she had a really bad peritoneal infection (lining of the abdominal cavity). Then she was told she could never have children again.

This was 19 years ago. She had to spend a lot of money to go to Tunisia and get an in-vitro fertilization. She is now 7 months pregnant and is going to give birth in a private clinic in Algiers. She'll have the baby in the next two weeks.

Congrats to her!!!

3/11/06 - 3/26/06 Visited my baby in the PI's

3/29/06 - K1 packet recieved at NSC

6/01/06 - Redirected to CSC

6/14/06 - CSC e-mailed confirmation on the reciept of file

6/23/06 - They they sent the IMBRA RFE

7/03/06 - The emailed that the IMBRA RFE went out on 6/23/06

7/03/06 - I received IMBRA RFE

7/05/06 - Touched

7/06/06 - Delivery Confirmation from the Post Office RFE recieved

7/11/06 - Email notification from CSC that IMBRA RFE Recieved

7/12/06 - Touched (but was to respond to an email that only said 'request recieved and will be processed within 30 days. argh)

7/13/06 - Touched

NOA2 September 11!!!

10/18/06 - Received at Embassy

12/23/06 - Recieved package with interview/medical schedule

01/08/06 - CFO interview/(pre-departure class) Complete

1/11/07 & 1/12/07 Medical complete

02/05/07 - Interview!!!

2/7/07 (2/8/07 manila) - Informed we are approved...3 days after interview.

2/12/07 Visa Received

2/16/07 Baby arrives in US!!!!!

4/14/07 Wedding

4/21/07 Filed AOS

signs-trolls.gif

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif3dflagsdotcom_uk_2faws.gif

K-1 Sent to Vermont St Patrick's Day~ May the Luck of the Irish Be With Us Today!! 3/17/06

NOA1 03-25-06

Touch 06-16-06=RFE Email

Touch 06-17-06

RFE Arrived 06-21-06

RFE Sent back to Vermont 06-21-06

RFE Delivered 06/23/06 10:55am

RFE-Touch 06/24/06

Touch 06/27/06

Approved 08/21/06 {157 days)

Touch 08/22/06

NVC Letter 08-25-06 Hard Copy

Left NVC 08-25-06

Arrived at London 09-01-06

Packet 3 Arrived at Steves Door 09-05-06

Packet 3 Sent back to London 09-15-06

London Medical 09-29-06- Completed

Packet 4 11-20-06

Londen Interview 12-08-06 APPROVED

Visa in Hand 12-12-06

Enters the USA 12-13-06

WEDDING DAY 2/18/07 @ 3pm

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I love the US, don't get me wrong. I'm very thankful that I had the opportunity to be raised in this country. But I just honestly do not understand what the big deal is about living here. I don't understand why some would go to such great lenghts in order to live here. How can someone be so selfish? Economic stability, maybe?

I am an immigrant myself, and while I am thankful for all the opportunities I've been giving, I also worked damn hard to be where I'm at. I went to college almost for free for example, but the scholarship wasn't exactly just handed to me. I worked really hard to earn it.

I think some people think that all their problems will be magically solved by living in the US. I don't think they realize that absolutely nothing is easy. Money doesn't exactly fall from a tree. Even foodstamps or welfare don't come easy, you first have to apply and qualify.

So, honestly, is it worth it?

Well i guess you have to put yourself in the other persons shoes. Imagine there is a country where minimum wage is 150 dollars an hour. Now as an american wouldnt you want to go to that country and dont you think that country doesnt want everyone and their mother coming over there? Over 50% of the world lives on less than 2 dollars a day (per world bank). So here in america we make 3 times as much in ONE hour as they do all day.

Not to mention that in america, the police dont pull you over or stop you on the street and ask for a bribe or they will arrest you. And lets not forget about the healthcare. In other countries people dont go to hospitals to get better...they go there to die. (ok a bit of a joke, but there is a bit of truth to it) Here, you can go to the emergency room and they will treat you and bill you later...in some other countries, you pay first before you get treated or at least put up some kind of deposit. Imagine if you wanted to go to the hospital here and before they treated you they wanted 500 dollars up front. Well...we would have alot less wait time to see a doctor then, that is for sure.

You say you are an immigrant but i think maybe you came here when you were a child with your parents and probably from europe which is just like america only colder weather.

Aug 3, 2006 Sent I-129f in to CSC

Aug 15, 2006 They sent I-129F back saying form is outdated

Aug 15, 2006 Sent in updated I-129f

Aug 23, 2006 NOA1

Aug 25, 2006 They cashed my check

Aug 30, 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Nov 28, 2006 NOA2 approved

Dec 2, 2006 NOA2 recieved in mail

Dec 7, 2006 NVC sends letter saying it will be forwarded to manila in a week

Dec 12, 2006 I receive that letter from NVC

Mar 22, 2007 St. Lukes appointment

Mar 29, 2007 7:30am Interview

Mar 29, 2007 12pm APPROVED!!! PRAISE GOD!!!

April 10, 2007 Fiancee Arrived!!! WOO HOO!!!

June 26, 2007 Wedding

July 2, 2007 Medical for AOS

July 6, 2007 Sent in AOS (cutting it really close to the 90 days!)

July 8, 2007 USCIS receives i-485

July 16, 2007 NOA1

July 18, 2007 NOA biometrics

Aug 11, 2007 Biometrics appointment.

Oct 11, 2007 Interview

Oct 11, 2007 Green card Approved!!! Cant kick her out now!

Oct 18, 2007 Welcome letter saying Green card is on its way

Oct 22, 2007 2 year Green card arrived!!

Hmmm. I read this thread a few minutes ago and the OP came and went without posting. Surprise surprise.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
You know what will make you inelegible though? Being mentally unfit.

Nono, let's not joke about HIV because that's serious. Not like mental disorders. In fact, when I think someone's being horrid and making obnoxious posts on a web forum, I just say that person's a head case, because such behavior is unique to the mentally ill. And you can all laugh when I say that, because it's not serious. Not like HIV, which mustn't be joked about under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES because that's WRONG.

/facetious rant

I am not a practicing attorney. I have a law degree and I passed the bar exam, but am not admitted to practice because I got a job in legal publishing and haven't gotten around to applying for my license yet. Publishing is great, but it does not make you qualified to give legal advice. So I don't. I just want to get married to my fella, which is why I'm here! If you need legal help, seek the advice of a licensed attorney.

Timeline of the Tigre

September 2004 - Tigre meets Dan while prowling about aimlessly

December 2004 - Dan visits Tigreland, USA

May 2005 - Tigre goes to England, Dan pops the question!

December 2005 - Christmas in England with Tigre and Dan

May 19th 2006 - Dan and Tigre's K1 petition received by VSC

May 25th 2006 - NOA1 issued...we're on our way!

June 20 2006 - RFE sent by VSC

June 26 2006 - RFE returned Express to VSC

July 10 2006 - NOA2...let's go check out the NVC!

July 17 2006 - email from NVC--case was sent to London!

July 21 2006 - Dan, meet Packet 3!

August 4, 2006 - Packet 3 returned

August 16, 2006 - sassy Tigre emails the embassy "just making sure the packet got there"

August 17, 2006 - Embassy e-mails back: Packet 4 is on its way!

Medical: August 24

Interview: September 15

Damn, we got suckered in again!

I am currently working on a new invention, the Troll detector! Stay tuned! :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
You know what will make you inelegible though? Being mentally unfit.

Nono, let's not joke about HIV because that's serious. Not like mental disorders. In fact, when I think someone's being horrid and making obnoxious posts on a web forum, I just say that person's a head case, because such behavior is unique to the mentally ill. And you can all laugh when I say that, because it's not serious. Not like HIV, which mustn't be joked about under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES because that's WRONG.

/facetious rant

You know I was posting in this thread earlier today but then I realized I didn't care enough to finish what I was saying....

Since you posted this I just wanted to say I agree! :thumbs:

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

:time:

Whoops, sorry, I thought we were talking to Daisy

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Hmmm. I read this thread a few minutes ago and the OP came and went without posting. Surprise surprise.

True. This type of Troll is known as "The Drive by Troll". Drive along, throw the bomb out the window, step on the gas.

Edited by Dean iWait

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

• 4 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
Any bets that this is a real question and the 'just joking' was to stop from the assault that would come that way for how wrong it was.

Joke (doubtful) ... whether it is or isn't, your ill. Mentally or physically.

Wolf

I also believe that that was a real question by someone who got scared. If that person is hiding the fact that they are HIV positive from their fiance, that's terrible. But if their fiance knows, then there's no problem. 1 million Americans have HIV, and they are people too.

I'm here looking for advice on the same question. My fiancee told me she has HIV, and we are still getting married (trying). I'm still HIV negative. You just use protection every time, been doing it for months. All around the world, HIV positive people are told to reveal their status to their partner, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have a partner. Everyone deserves a chance to be happy, and with modern medicine, improving all the time, people live many, many decades.

Unfortuately, the US is the only first world country to exclude people with HIV. (Other countries include Iraq and Syria). The waiver is there, but the hardest part that I'm facing is trying to get her insurance, which the embassy is requiring from her. Most insurance companies reject anyone with HIV.

I searched for "basic health insurance" online and found a company which insures people regardless of situation. They limit their payout to a flat payment for medical events, but the embassy said thats sufficient. But the catch is they only insure US residents, and the embassy says they need insurance before hand.

Other "immigrant insurance" can be purchased by someone outside the US before they arrrived, but so far all of these exclude people with HIV.

The insurance requirement has been cooked up by the embassy, I believe, as part of the "public charge" provision of the law, which tries to keep out people who will become a burden to the state. The funny thing is, though we have plenty of money to pay for "expensive" HIV insurance, I simply can't find an insurance company that will take her. So far I've spent at least 15 hours on the internet and 3 on the phone.

At the embassy, the consular officer says "we've successfully adjudicated many claims" where such immigrants have got the required insurance, but says she can't give me the name of even one such company, as that would be promoting their business. Do they exist? I hope so. If someone knows of such a company PLEASE reply to this posting.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.