Captain Oates

BIO and interview at same place ?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

The USCIS site gives my local office as Yakima which is 100 miles away.

Next week I have my BIO at Spokane which is 200 miles away !!! Even Seattle is 140 miles away .

Does the membership think my Interview and ceremony will be at Spokane or do they chop and change the stages between different offices ?

What a crew...

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Biometrics are usually done at an ASC (Application Service Center) office,

which is USUALLY

not the same office where the interview takes place.

There are variances, on this, sure - if any large 'federal complex', but even then, is different suite #, different security crew at the front door.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Next week I have my BIO at Spokane which is 200 miles away !!! Even Seattle is 140 miles away .

Does the membership think my Interview and ceremony will be at Spokane or do they chop and change the stages between different offices ?

What a crew...

Milwaukee was for biometrics for us, and St. Paul for interviews. Don't ask me why, with the USCIS, it is do or cry. Couldn't say die, USCIS isn't that bad yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I know of some states that have the biometric done in one location and the interview in another and ceremony at another place, and I have no idea why. But for me I do know that I will take biometric and interview in same building in STL as always along with oath ceremony in STL although it may be in different location in STL rather than at that federal building. :thumbs:

What a crew...

Timeline

thanks folks

it seems there is no predicting - so the work I did on trying to find out what the ceremony schedules are at Yakima is all for nothing - because I might be 'same day' ceremony at Seattle, or a weekly at Spokane or a bi-monthly at Yakima for all I know.

Yet more evidence they we have more chance predicting a horse race than trying to figure out what is happening in this process.

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

thanks folks

it seems there is no predicting - so the work I did on trying to find out what the ceremony schedules are at Yakima is all for nothing - because I might be 'same day' ceremony at Seattle, or a weekly at Spokane or a bi-monthly at Yakima for all I know.

Yet more evidence they we have more chance predicting a horse race than trying to figure out what is happening in this process.

Could be the USCIS wants the immigrants to see more of America. Could be they are in cahoots with the oil companies so you burn more gas. Asked why our local police department couldn't take fingerprints, they don't trust them. None of our agencies trust each other, but we are suppose to trust all of them.

Welcome to the USA.

Timeline

Could be the USCIS wants the immigrants to see more of America. Could be they are in cahoots with the oil companies so you burn more gas. Asked why our local police department couldn't take fingerprints, they don't trust them. None of our agencies trust each other, but we are suppose to trust all of them.

Welcome to the USA.

chuckle... the day after I arrived in 2007, I bought a car in Tampa and the salesman was a Brit who has been here 20 years. He told me all the junk and said 'welcome to america' with the usual sardonic tone. A lot of these ex-pats are curious personalities - not us of course. :yes:

I reckon you and me can handle it now and it is 'normal' - but I don't know if that means we have become adjusted or we have become maladjusted :lol:

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

chuckle... the day after I arrived in 2007, I bought a car in Tampa and the salesman was a Brit who has been here 20 years. He told me all the junk and said 'welcome to america' with the usual sardonic tone. A lot of these ex-pats are curious personalities - not us of course. :yes:

I reckon you and me can handle it now and it is 'normal' - but I don't know if that means we have become adjusted or we have become maladjusted :lol:

Still the first amendment rights to free speech, but that doesn't cover being liable toward someone. Can be sued for that.

I am not in the best of moods, increased my property taxes last year by 500 bucks, college tuition just went up another 1.400 bucks this coming year, that was a shock, then got a letter from the assessors office telling my the assessment on my home increased 8%! Can't wait to see my next property tax bill. Then just heard on the news that property values are going way down, lowest percentage wise in some 30 years due to the poor economy. City claims the are not getting the money from the state and the state claims they are not getting our money from the feds.

In the meantime, wife said no more overtime, dismissing employees, and she has to work a lot harder. If a patient does not show up for a scheduled appointment, she has to use her vacation time or loose her benefits for not putting in her 40 hours.

Emilio, former head of the USCIS got congress to more than double the fees with a promise of a 10% decrease in processing times. The rest of us with jobs have to work more than twice as hard for 10% less pay or even more. Police and fire department is always calling for donations, but they get to retire at 55 years of age with 75% pay. Claim their jobs are dangerous, but when you call them, they run the other way, and watched a neighbors house burn down because the fireman didn't want to get too close. Those road sings, men working should be changed to guys standing around doing nothing. University professors demand a wage increase due to inflation the federal government claims that it doesn't exist. This goes on and on. But all a guy can do is to b!tch about it, least for now.

Keep track of Venezuela, we still own property down there, was good and bad news yesterday, Chavez's popularity is down to 36%, that was the good news, the bad news is that he doesn't have any opposition, they either left the country or are in prison. We haven't gotten that bad here yet, but its happening.

Timeline

Still the first amendment rights to free speech, but that doesn't cover being liable toward someone. Can be sued for that.

I am not in the best of moods, increased my property taxes last year by 500 bucks, college tuition just went up another 1.400 bucks this coming year, that was a shock, then got a letter from the assessors office telling my the assessment on my home increased 8%! Can't wait to see my next property tax bill. Then just heard on the news that property values are going way down, lowest percentage wise in some 30 years due to the poor economy. City claims the are not getting the money from the state and the state claims they are not getting our money from the feds.

In the meantime, wife said no more overtime, dismissing employees, and she has to work a lot harder. If a patient does not show up for a scheduled appointment, she has to use her vacation time or loose her benefits for not putting in her 40 hours.

Emilio, former head of the USCIS got congress to more than double the fees with a promise of a 10% decrease in processing times. The rest of us with jobs have to work more than twice as hard for 10% less pay or even more. Police and fire department is always calling for donations, but they get to retire at 55 years of age with 75% pay. Claim their jobs are dangerous, but when you call them, they run the other way, and watched a neighbors house burn down because the fireman didn't want to get too close. Those road sings, men working should be changed to guys standing around doing nothing. University professors demand a wage increase due to inflation the federal government claims that it doesn't exist. This goes on and on. But all a guy can do is to b!tch about it, least for now.

Keep track of Venezuela, we still own property down there, was good and bad news yesterday, Chavez's popularity is down to 36%, that was the good news, the bad news is that he doesn't have any opposition, they either left the country or are in prison. We haven't gotten that bad here yet, but its happening.

I reckon every immigrant has a totally unique perspective.

I am retired but my wife is young and beautiful and has a good job with good benefits - so I play in the sun while she provides the health care and halfs all by bills.

Washington State has no income tax and the property tax is reasonable.

If my wife divorced me, I would have to pay a fortune for health care until I was old enough for Medicare and then I would pay $7k a year for life to buy in. That might make me leave but not necessarily.

You will get most of it free after 10 years contributions.

You are at the toughest stage of life and it takes some hacking. When I was 24 I had a wife and 2 kids and was working 10 days on and 1 day off on 24 hour shifts. I was feeling the strain - and my dad laughed and said "A tuppeny bun costs eightpence now lad"

That stage will pass and life will get easier - and then you die.

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

I reckon every immigrant has a totally unique perspective.

I am retired but my wife is young and beautiful and has a good job with good benefits - so I play in the sun while she provides the health care and halfs all by bills.

Washington State has no income tax and the property tax is reasonable.

If my wife divorced me, I would have to pay a fortune for health care until I was old enough for Medicare and then I would pay $7k a year for life to buy in. That might make me leave but not necessarily.

You will get most of it free after 10 years contributions.

You are at the toughest stage of life and it takes some hacking. When I was 24 I had a wife and 2 kids and was working 10 days on and 1 day off on 24 hour shifts. I was feeling the strain - and my dad laughed and said "A tuppeny bun costs eightpence now lad"

That stage will pass and life will get easier - and then you die.

Feel that my wife is the most beautiful woman in the world and also my best friend. Was making quite a bit more money than her until my job was shipped to China, but still enough to support her, would have to tighten the belt a quite a bit more. Hear about people should retrain into high skilled jobs, ha, already there, maybe something will open with this green stuff but so far,just talk.

Still feel this can be the greatest country in the world with decent leadership, shame we only have a two party system, and ironic that each member of the two parties has to vote the way there party tells them to. But more and more people are waking up when it hits their pocketbook.

Wasn't even concerned about health insurance until Reagan got in, besides kicking my kid off my policy with a pre-condition, rates skyrocketed. Like a 30 buck a room hospital bed jumping up to the 2,000-3,000 buck range. And its the same damned room like it was 25 years ago! A ten buck doctor visit for a sneeze jumped up from ten bucks to over 500! That is absurd.

Timeline

Feel that my wife is the most beautiful woman in the world and also my best friend. Was making quite a bit more money than her until my job was shipped to China, but still enough to support her, would have to tighten the belt a quite a bit more. Hear about people should retrain into high skilled jobs, ha, already there, maybe something will open with this green stuff but so far,just talk.

Still feel this can be the greatest country in the world with decent leadership, shame we only have a two party system, and ironic that each member of the two parties has to vote the way there party tells them to. But more and more people are waking up when it hits their pocketbook.

Wasn't even concerned about health insurance until Reagan got in, besides kicking my kid off my policy with a pre-condition, rates skyrocketed. Like a 30 buck a room hospital bed jumping up to the 2,000-3,000 buck range. And its the same damned room like it was 25 years ago! A ten buck doctor visit for a sneeze jumped up from ten bucks to over 500! That is absurd.

All about healthcare now..

Wifey's brother is a claim killer - he works for a health insurance co and makes sure they refuse to pay when people claim - it's a huge department - the core of the business. He thinks he will go to heaven too.

If I got a 500k health claim prob I would be on the plane out of here. It would be that or lose everything here.

Went for skin cancer check last week. She said shirt off - took a look - all clear come back next year. Start to finish 25 seconds in the room and she was gone. I bet that is $350.

Aneurin Bevan was a saint (and probably a relative)

moresheep400100.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.