Veronik

August Interviews Crew - AOS Journey

1,283 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

User .......... ROC sent .... I-797 Rcvd ...... Bio. App. ..... RFE .... Interview .... ROC Result...... Card Revd.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nickbits ...... 9/17/12 ..... 09/25/12 ........ 10/23/12

J&J ........... 12/4/12 ..... 12/07/12

Congrats J& J!

I'm trying to get my documents ready this week so I can send it off on Monday... A lot of printing and copying :o

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Timeline

J&J and nickbits, how did you assemble your documents? Did you staple everything, put a paper clip?

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

J&J and nickbits, how did you assemble your documents? Did you staple everything, put a paper clip?

I think we went alittle overboard with ours..lol..since i'm a neat freak. At first we had paperclips, but it seemed to bulky, so we changed it to coloured tabs and topped it off with a large clip on the top of the whole package.

Got my Biometrics appointment in the mail Saturday for Jan 2! :)

Hopefully I'll get over this flu soon :(

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Timeline

I think we went alittle overboard with ours..lol..since i'm a neat freak. At first we had paperclips, but it seemed to bulky, so we changed it to coloured tabs and topped it off with a large clip on the top of the whole package.

Got my Biometrics appointment in the mail Saturday for Jan 2! :)

Hopefully I'll get over this flu soon :(

Yeah! That's quick too! Oh no! You're sick? I just got over mine, it was the weirdest flu, all sinus pain! Hope you feel better soon :(

User .......... ROC sent .... I-797 Rcvd ...... Bio. App. ..... RFE .... Interview .... ROC Result...... Card Revd.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

J&J ........... 12/4/12 ..... 12/07/12 ........ 01/02/13

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey guys, I just posted this on the removing conditions thread in the Canada forum, but I thought I'd post it here too in case someone can help:

Hey everyone, just a quick question!

I'm finished and ready to send my documents. In early December we had ordered checks with our new address, but for some reason, there was a mistake in the printing, and as a result, I won't have our new checks until mid-January.

Can I pay using a check with our old address or will they see that as an issue? Our bank doesn't issue money order, would a cashier's check work?

My green card expires in mid-March, and I'm getting concerned about time. What do you think?

Hey Vero, I really don't think it would be a problem. They know that you have resently moved by all the evidence you are gonna provide them. I'm not even sure if they see the check or not, but if they do, I don't think it would cause harm.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and we wish ya'll a safe Happy New Year. May this New Year treat us well!!!

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

I had my Biometrics appointment yesterday, all went great compaired to last time. Last time I had to wait hours, this time I was in and out in 15 minutes! Loved it :)

Hope everyone had a great New Years!!!

Timeline

User .......... ROC sent .... I-797 Rcvd ...... Bio. App. ..... RFE .... Interview .... ROC Result...... Card Rcvd.

Vero and Chris. 1/03/13

Well it's done! I sent in our documents today! Hoping for a smooth process! I must have gone over everything a dozen times! :wacko:

Yeah! Glad your appointment went well! One step closer :thumbs:

Edited by Vero and Chris

Good luck with removal of conditions everyone. I'm going to have to start mine soon too. :( I hate this stuff. It just stresses me out even though I know we will be fine.

J&J I'm glad your biometrics went well for you.

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

Congrats Vero on sending your package in :)

Anyone planning on traveling with there expired green card and extension letter?

mandaNchris, when is your filing time?

Timeline

Congrats Vero on sending your package in :)

Anyone planning on traveling with there expired green card and extension letter?

mandaNchris, when is your filing time?

Chris and I would like to go on our honeymoon in the fall, but that's about it. Hopefully by that time I'll have a new card.

Our cheque was cashed today!

Timeline

Hi everyone! Received my receipt notice on Friday, it was dated 01-07-2013 but I received it Friday. One step closer!

User .......... ROC sent .... I-797 Rcvd ...... Bio. App. ..... RFE .... Interview .... ROC Result...... Card Rcvd.

Vero and Chris. 1/03/13 ..... 01/07/13

Edited by Vero and Chris

Greetings all! Man how time flies! It's pretty exciting that we're filing for our ROC now.. (Hopefully) one last touchpoint before we say goodbye to USCIS for 10 years! (Unless you're going for a citizenship that is :P)

I actually had a bit of a scare when I got a notice that my ROC was coming up, but it was addressed to our old address, which we haven't lived at for over a year. I swore I filed an AR-11 but didn't have any evidence of it, so I scheduled an INFOPASS appointment to see what was going on, and filled out another AR-11 online just to be safe. Sure enough, they had my original one on file and the newly submitted one with the same info, and she said that a LOT of people forget to fill these out/submit them, but as long as they have evidence, it's no worries.

Looking at the ROC requirements, this thing is going to be a breeze compared to the AOS stuff :D

Exciting times!

-Ken & Katie

Jan 12, 2010 - I-129F sent to Vermont

Jan 14, 2010 - NOA1 issued

Jan 20, 2010 - Touched

Jan 30, 2010 - NOA1 received in mail

Mar 22, 2010 - NOA2! 67 days after NOA1! #222 on Igor's List!

Mar 23, 2010 - Touched

Mar 24, 2010 - NVC Received Petition

Mar 26, 2010 - NVC Sent Petition to Montreal Consulate

Apr 01, 2010 - Montreal Consulate Received Petition

Apr 13, 2010 - Packet 3 Received

Apr 16, 2010 - Packet 3 Mailed

Apr 20, 2010 - Montreal Consulate Received Packet 3

May 11, 2010 - Packet 3 Logged

Jun 29, 2010 - Packet 4 Received !

Jul 12, 2010 - Medical !!

Aug 25, 2010 - Interview at Montreal Consulate !!! APPROVED !!!

Sep 08, 2010 - Port of Entry in Port Huron / Blue Water Bridge !!!

Sep 25, 2010 - Wedding Day !!!!

Nov 15, 2010 - AOS + EAD sent

Nov 23, 2010 - NOA1

Nov 24, 2010 - AOS + EAD touched

Jan 06, 2011 - Biometrics Appointment

Jan 28, 2011 - EAD approved!

Mar 29, 2011 - GREEN CARD INTERVIEW! APPROVED !!!

Apr 07, 2011 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!!

Mar 11, 2013 - ROC sent

Timeline

Hi Ken and Kate! Glad to hear all is well!

I thought the same thing too while getting our file ready, and gosh, I must have made over 100 copies! A lot quicker than the AOS though, I agree!

Let us know when you send in your form and I'll update the chart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.