Veronik

August Interviews Crew - AOS Journey

1,283 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

looks like people are able to file for naturalization before they get ROC completed..

i'm just worried about evidence. all we do is work pretty much, we haven't gone on any vacations and the one we went on last summer, we didn't take any pictures.. we're not picture people :)

awesome about your house vero :) we finally got into a house last october, we're renting. it's a hundred times better than that damn townhouse :) with a ten year old, a 100lb dog and three cats - there was no room left!!!!

Wow, yeah, seems like it's going pretty slow. That makes me nervous; what if we have to travel during that time, what happens then? :huh:

Do you have bills under his name? I guess anything that proves you're both at the same adress will work. It's more proof than pictures, in my book!

You guys have anything fun planned for the long weekend?

I'll be painting, moping, vacuuming, painting some more, cleaning... :lol:

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey everyone! So I got a call last night from my sister in law, and my brother and her are bringing my parents down to visit in November!!! This will be my parents' first visit here and my mom's first trip outside Canada since 1985!!!! Crazy!!! I'm so excited, I don't even know what to do with myself!!!! :lol:

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Hey everyone! So I got a call last night from my sister in law, and my brother and her are bringing my parents down to visit in November!!! This will be my parents' first visit here and my mom's first trip outside Canada since 1985!!!! Crazy!!! I'm so excited, I don't even know what to do with myself!!!! :lol:

That is great Vero! I hope you all have a great visit. Are they coming for American thanksgiving?

My younger sister and her boyfriend are coming to visit us for American thanksgiving in Nov. I am excited. They haven't been here sense our wedding Nov. 20th 2010.

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

Wow this thread is still active--nice!!

Seems like everyone is doing pretty well. Katrina is working now as a Lab Technician in major hospital around here. She is underemployed from what she could be doing in Canada (needs a degree here to do the same job) and she might go back to school and finish it at some point, but at least she's working. You may recall from earlier in this thread when I was in the hospital; 2 years later I still do not have a diagnosis but it looks like I have multiple sclerosis. I am doing OK but am on constant medication. Umm what else... we went on a cruise last month but it was cut short and rerouted because of Issac but we still had a good time. I think that's about it...

:ot2: I mailed in Katrina's I-751 form on Monday, now the waiting process begins again! I wonder if we'll need to do another interview or not.

Timeline

Wow this thread is still active--nice!!

Seems like everyone is doing pretty well. Katrina is working now as a Lab Technician in major hospital around here. She is underemployed from what she could be doing in Canada (needs a degree here to do the same job) and she might go back to school and finish it at some point, but at least she's working. You may recall from earlier in this thread when I was in the hospital; 2 years later I still do not have a diagnosis but it looks like I have multiple sclerosis. I am doing OK but am on constant medication. Umm what else... we went on a cruise last month but it was cut short and rerouted because of Issac but we still had a good time. I think that's about it...

:ot2: I mailed in Katrina's I-751 form on Monday, now the waiting process begins again! I wonder if we'll need to do another interview or not.

Hi nickbits!!! Glad to hear from you! I'm sorry about your health issues, are you doing OK in general? Are you in a lot of pain?

I know, I felt the same way at first when I started working, thinking gosh I could be making so much more money! But at least we have work, right?

Congratulations on sending in the form! I'll get our chart ready tonight when I come home! You're the first of us to send it in! I'm hoping we won't have an interview either. We had one for the AOS, so maybe they'll leave us be this time! :lol:

Timeline

Alright, here we are! I'm starting out chart again for Removal of Conditions! Nickbits, you're first!!!

User .......... ROC sent .... NOAs ...... RFE ..... Bio. App. .... Interview .... ROC Result...... Card Revd.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nickbits ...... 9-17-12

Edited by Vero and Chris

Hi nickbits!!! Glad to hear from you! I'm sorry about your health issues, are you doing OK in general? Are you in a lot of pain?

I know, I felt the same way at first when I started working, thinking gosh I could be making so much more money! But at least we have work, right?

Congratulations on sending in the form! I'll get our chart ready tonight when I come home! You're the first of us to send it in! I'm hoping we won't have an interview either. We had one for the AOS, so maybe they'll leave us be this time! :lol:

Yeah I'm good overall. I have a mild to moderate amount of localized pain & discomfort but the medication helps. Luckily the pain killers are not additive so I don't have to worry about that.

Hello All,

It's nice to see everyone popping in to say hello, Glad to see everyone is doing well :)

I guess it's almost that time again, I noticed Vero made a chart.

My GC don't expire till Feb., so i won't be sending my paperwork in till Nov. sometime.

Not looking forward to the wait times, but what can ya do eh...

Sooo anyone gone shopping for helloween costumes yet??? I need some ideas..

Be in touch!!

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

CSC cashed the check today, so it took less than a week. I had sent it priority mail.

What's everyone's thought on obtaining citizenship?

So far Katrina seems to want to get it when she's eligible, mainly so she can vote.

CSC cashed the check today, so it took less than a week. I had sent it priority mail.

What's everyone's thought on obtaining citizenship?

So far Katrina seems to want to get it when she's eligible, mainly so she can vote.

Wow less then a week, that is great.

I want to get citizenship when I can, so I can vote and never have to deal with immigration again. All this paper work gives me a headache lol

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

Timeline

Wow less then a week, that is great.

I want to get citizenship when I can, so I can vote and never have to deal with immigration again. All this paper work gives me a headache lol

Same here! Plus, we're not giving up the Canadian citizenship by doing so, so why not? Seems like a lot more pros than cons!

Let me know when you get your NOA1 nickbits!

Same here! Plus, we're not giving up the Canadian citizenship by doing so, so why not? Seems like a lot more pros than cons!

Let me know when you get your NOA1 nickbits!

The only real con is a lifetime commitment to file US taxes even if you return to Canada :S

Timeline

User .......... ROC sent .... I-797 Rcvd ...... RFE ..... Bio. App. .... Interview .... ROC Result...... Card Revd.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nickbits ...... 9-17-12 ..... 09/25/2012

Congratulations nickbits! That was quick!

Yeah, I hadn't thought of that... I'm thinking that the pros outweigh the cons here, it makes me mad that I'm working, paying taxes, and can't vote right now...

Edited by Vero and Chris

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.