Veronik

August Interviews Crew - AOS Journey

1,283 posts in this topic

Happy Canada Day everyone!!!

Hope you guys found a way to celebrate! I made some Canadian Mojitos, and they were delicious!!!

Bad news on the home front though; during the inspection, they found that the water contained lead. So now we're waiting to see if the bank will drill a new well, since it's a foreclosure and we're using a FHA loan... Gosh, such a pain! And we were so close!!!

:ranting:

Hope Everyone had a awesome Canada Day as well :)

It was raining here, but we ended up waking up early went for brunch and went to see brave in 3D..hehe.. It was a very nice day day!

I hope everything turns out well with the bank, but I know you guys will end up finding that perfect home, it just takes time!!

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Haha, yeah... I know, it's just that we've been looking since December, it's crazy to think that after 6 months, there's almost no progress only more problems... I don't remember buying a house in Canada being such a pain !?!

Do you guys have crazy weather where you are? It's been hot here like I don't know what!

Have a great weekend everyone!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Sorry to hear that the inspection on the house didn't go well Vero. I hope the bank will fix it up for you but if not, keep your chin up because you will find a great place somewhere else if needs be.

We didn't celebrate Canada here cause DH had to work, so it was just me, Alex and my niece home. We did light off some fireworks for the 4th of july though. Alex loved them. We are going camping with my mother inlaw and step father inlaw on the 12th to the 18th. I can't wait. It is right near the beach. Gonna have a great time.

I hope everyone is doing well. :)

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

Timeline

Have a nice trip at the beach mandNchris! I wish were going to the beach too!!!

Well, we finally got some good news; we tested the well itself, and it doesn't even have a trace of lead in it. So we got another test done for the pipes, and it should pass, which means we possibly will close like we were supposed to on August 10th! Woot woot! We'll change the pipes ourselves, Chris' dad wants a project to work on!

Well take it easy everyone! Stay cool!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Well, we finally got some good news; we tested the well itself, and it doesn't even have a trace of lead in it. So we got another test done for the pipes, and it should pass, which means we possibly will close like we were supposed to on August 10th! Woot woot! We'll change the pipes ourselves, Chris' dad wants a project to work on!

That's great news :) Sending passport out today, let ya know how it goes!!

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Timeline

That's great news :) Sending passport out today, let ya know how it goes!!

Perfect! I have to renew mine too, keep me posted! Did you end up using your US credit card after all?

Perfect! I have to renew mine too, keep me posted! Did you end up using your US credit card after all?

I sure did, i'll let you know how it went. I sent it out on the 12th, sent it standard ups it arrived today. :)

mandaNchris, how was ya'lls camping trip? Hope it was a great time!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I sure did, i'll let you know how it went. I sent it out on the 12th, sent it standard ups it arrived today. :)

ya'lls... :D You can tell you are now living near Houston! ;)

Edited by VeeNDee

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

ya'lls... :D You can tell you are now living near Houston! ;)

Hehe..Busted!!! I've been living here for almost 2 years and I hardly even notice when I write it our say it now. LoL

That's awesome Vero. I'm so happy for you :D

Our trip was great. Loved every minute of it. We all got sunburns though lol. I wish we didn't have to come home. My niece is leaving to go home on Friday :( I am going to miss her like crazy. Alex is going to be so lonely when she goes home too. I kind of feel bad about that.

lol @ "ya'lls"

Our trip was great. Loved every minute of it. We all got sunburns though lol. I wish we didn't have to come home. My niece is leaving to go home on Friday :( I am going to miss her like crazy. Alex is going to be so lonely when she goes home too. I kind of feel bad about that.

lol @ "ya'lls"

Very glad "you guys" Hahahaha Had a great time..We just got home from our family trip out on tha Guadalupe River, we all got pretty burnt too, but was a great time. Sorry to hear that your niece is gonna be leaving soon, it's always nice to have family down to visit, but is always sad to see them go. Gonna be making a trip back home the end of Aug, can't wait to see everyone :)

Timeline

Hahaha, that's funny! When I said "ya'll" for the first time, Chris and his family almost opened up the champagne! Hahaha!

mandaNchris, glad you had a great time with the family! Is your niece around the same age as your son?

J&J, thanks for that, I'm going to finalize the form and hopefully send it early August. I'm a little nervous for the pictures though. My sister signed them on the line where I had to put my name (you know in the back), so I wrote my name above in small size. Hopefully it's OK. Not sure what would happen if not?

Have a good rest of the week ya'll! :P

J&J, thanks for that, I'm going to finalize the form and hopefully send it early August. I'm a little nervous for the pictures though. My sister signed them on the line where I had to put my name (you know in the back), so I wrote my name above in small size. Hopefully it's OK. Not sure what would happen if not?

That should be fine as long as your sister signed it, your names on it and dated.

Got my passport back today from Quebec.

Sent it out July 11th, arrived July 19th(sent it standard ups), they sent it out for delivery July 31st and got to me today Aug 1st. Very easy and they sent everything back that I sent to them. :) Named changed and all!! Just thought i'd give a update! Oh and credit/debit card worked just fine.

Timeline

Oh nice!!! That's awesome, and pretty quick too, enh? :thumbs: They have a number engraved in the back now, does yours have that too?

I have to send mine in now, I had to wait until July ended because the expiration date was July 2013, and apparently you can send a form when there's a year left on the passport. I'll keep you posted!

Chris and I are closing on our house next Wednesday if all is OK (foreclosures can be complicated I hear, and so far, it's been a nightmare!)I was doing good as far as not getting ahead of myself and being too excited... But I can't believe that a week from now, I might have the keys to our house!!! And we bought a couch too last weekend! I'll let you guys know how it all turns out!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.