Veronik

August Interviews Crew - AOS Journey

1,283 posts in this topic

Wow, seems like you're going through so much in such a short time! I believe that stress causes more diseases than we'll ever know! I'm glad you're alright now though!

Great news on the car too!!! :thumbs: What kind of truck? Like Chevy?

I agree stress can cause a lot of problems. I lost 10lbs in the last few weeks and I can not afford to lose any let alone 10! Last time I lost this much it took me over a year to gain it back :( but oh well I'll do it. Just gonna take some time. Thanks I'm glad everything is turning out alright too. The truck we want is a Dodge Ram 3500. Hopefully we can get one. Fingers crossed! lol We wont be getting it any time soon though. Earliest we can manage to save up for it (if everything goes to plan) is June. Luckily Chris gets good discounts through his work for Dodge :)

How is quitting smoking going? Are you cutting down slowly or going cold turkey? Hows the house hunting coming? I hope all is going well for you Vero.

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

Hey Everyone,

Brenda2010, Nice to hear from you and glad everything is going well on your end. Hope you find your dream house soon!

Vero, I hope you and Chris find your dream house soon too. I know how tough it can be!

mandaNchris, i'm glad you are feeling better and ya'll were able to make some extra income with the car! It will be very hard to let go of the mustang, but it's all about making new memories and adjusting to the future.

We got some new things happening around here, My hubby is starting a new job this Monday, better pay and less hours. We are so excited about it. It is in a new location though, it's about hour and 30 minutes away from where we are now, so we are looking into renting a house or buying for the right price. The house searching hasn't been so successful yet though, hopefully something will show up.

How is the weather in ya'lls areas? It has been a beautiful winter down here. I'm loving it!

Hope all is well and we'll be in touch :)

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Hey Everyone,

Brenda2010, Nice to hear from you and glad everything is going well on your end. Hope you find your dream house soon!

Vero, I hope you and Chris find your dream house soon too. I know how tough it can be!

mandaNchris, i'm glad you are feeling better and ya'll were able to make some extra income with the car! It will be very hard to let go of the mustang, but it's all about making new memories and adjusting to the future.

We got some new things happening around here, My hubby is starting a new job this Monday, better pay and less hours. We are so excited about it. It is in a new location though, it's about hour and 30 minutes away from where we are now, so we are looking into renting a house or buying for the right price. The house searching hasn't been so successful yet though, hopefully something will show up.

How is the weather in ya'lls areas? It has been a beautiful winter down here. I'm loving it!

Hope all is well and we'll be in touch :)

Thanks J&J :) Chris apparently hasn't come to terms with having to sell his car, so he is trying to figure out a way we can manage getting a new truck without having to sell it. I told him if he can figure it out then we won't sell it.

I hope you find a new place soon J&J. What an exciting time for you guys. Getting to pick out a place together is awesome. I didn't even see the house Chris bought before he did it. I wish we would have gotten the experience of shopping for a house together but oh well. Hopefully some day we will be moving to KY.

The weather here has been beautiful. Alex and I have been enjoying blowing bubbles outside and having a picnic on our porch.... though that didn't turn out so well. He split his milk all over lol I just hope that this beautiful winter isn't meaning we are going to have a very hot summer.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Nice! Dodge Ram! And a Mustang! :whistle: Glad you guys are finally in a better spot. 10 pounds should be OK, especially with all the good fried food available in the south!

J&J, glad to hear about the new job! That's awesome! More money is always nice! :lol: Plus, you get to shop for a house!!!

That part is going OK for us, we're actually to a point now where we might look into building a new house... We're just so picky! And nothing we've seen so fat is up to par... To be continued... :bonk:

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Nice! Dodge Ram! And a Mustang! :whistle: Glad you guys are finally in a better spot. 10 pounds should be OK, especially with all the good fried food available in the south!

J&J, glad to hear about the new job! That's awesome! More money is always nice! :lol: Plus, you get to shop for a house!!!

That part is going OK for us, we're actually to a point now where we might look into building a new house... We're just so picky! And nothing we've seen so fat is up to par... To be continued... :bonk:

Oh that would be so fun to build your own house. Then you can have it exactly they way you want it. I would love to be able to do that! Glad things are going ok in that department :D

Timeline

Happy belated Valentine's Day everyone!!! Hope you guys celebrated in style! Chris and I are going to a cabin in the mountains this weekend! Can't wait!!!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Happy belated Valentine's Day everyone!!! Hope you guys celebrated in style! Chris and I are going to a cabin in the mountains this weekend! Can't wait!!!

Wow that sounds really nice and romantic ;) I hope you have a great time.

We didn't do anything for V-day. Sucks being poor lol A coworker told Chris that he better stop and get me something on the way home from work because if he doesn't get me anything I'll think that he doesn't love me. Chris told me this when he got home and I was like "really? lol" I don't need gifts to know that my husband loves me. I told Chris to make a fire for me and I'll be happy lol. He did make me a fire and we cuddled on the couch watching TV.

Glad everyone had a very nice Valentines :)

Vero, How was the trip to the mountains???? It must be so beautiful!!

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Hey Vero, how was your trip to the mountains? I hope you had a great time.

Today my boy turned four years old. It seems like just yesterday he was born. Where the heck did four years go?!?! lol He had a good birthday. We took him out to McDonald's, where he got to play with some other kids. Then we came home and let him open gifts. Chris had to go to work but other then that today was perfect.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi everyone!

The mountains were great! Just what we needed! I want to buy land there, it's so cheap!!! But maybe we should start by buying a house first :lol:

Going to Quebec on Monday to see my family, Chris is not coming though... This will be the first time we're apart since we were waiting for the visa! It's gonna bring back bad memories!!! Haha!

Quick visit; coming back Friday, just enough time to see everyone and eat a large poutine, miam!

Your boy turned 4! Gosh he's a big boy now!!! Time does fly by, it's crazy!!! Glad he had a good birthday!!!

J&J, when are you guys moving again? If it happened already, how did it go?

Toodles everyone! :star:

Edited by Vero and Chris

Hi everyone!

The mountains were great! Just what we needed! I want to buy land there, it's so cheap!!! But maybe we should start by buying a house first :lol:

Going to Quebec on Monday to see my family, Chris is not coming though... This will be the first time we're apart since we were waiting for the visa! It's gonna bring back bad memories!!! Haha!

Quick visit; coming back Friday, just enough time to see everyone and eat a large poutine, miam!

Your boy turned 4! Gosh he's a big boy now!!! Time does fly by, it's crazy!!! Glad he had a good birthday!!!

Toodles everyone! :star:

Hey Vero good to hear from you. Glad your trip went well. Buy some land and then build a house ;) lol

How did the trip to your family go? I hope you had a great time.

• 2 weeks later...

Welp we are on the move, We are going to be offically all moved out April 1st. Been changing our addressess over and gonna have to send in the immigration papers soon for change of address. We are just renting another house closer to where my husband works, near the Houston area. We found a nice three bedroom, 2 bath, fenced in yard with a garage. It's perfect for us right now. My plants are looking so good this year and I have to leave them :( heh I don't feel like digging up all my plants. Been packing like crazy and my head is spinning...lol

How was your trip to Canada Vero??

Hope all is well and we will be in touch :)

Welp we are on the move, We are going to be offically all moved out April 1st. Been changing our addressess over and gonna have to send in the immigration papers soon for change of address. We are just renting another house closer to where my husband works, near the Houston area. We found a nice three bedroom, 2 bath, fenced in yard with a garage. It's perfect for us right now. My plants are looking so good this year and I have to leave them :( heh I don't feel like digging up all my plants. Been packing like crazy and my head is spinning...lol

How was your trip to Canada Vero??

Hope all is well and we will be in touch :)

Congrats on the house. It sounds great. Sorry that your plants aren't going with you but I agree it's too much hassle to bring them with you. Good luck with your move. Hope everything goes smoothly for you.

• 2 weeks later...

We got our new truck on Tuesday :dance: It is huge! We are planing on visiting Canada in June. My mom and nephew are coming to visit at the start of June for my birthday and we are going to drive them back and stay for a week to visit. I am so excited.

I hope everyone is doing good and has a very happy Easter.

Timeline

Hi everyone!

Congrats on the move J&J!!!Hope it all went well, and you'll get a nice garden again, don't worry! :)

Good news on the truck and upcoming visits mandaNchris!!! Only two months to go! :thumbs:

Here things are well. I went up for a visit mid march, and then a week after coming back Chris and I went to Alabama to visit some friends. It was really nice and hot! Drove through Tennesse which is nice as well! That was the most "south" I have ever been in my life! Pretty crazy, enh?

We've abandoned looking for a house and will build one instead! Woot woot!!! I'm very excited! It's going to be such a thrill, and it's a dream come through that we'll have a house that's all ours, under both our names!!! I would have never thought this would be possible when we started this whole process, you know? But looking for land is no piece of cake... Gosh, there's so much to look into... At least we found a builder and a house model we like... So excited!!!

The only downside is that because of the cost and the time needed to go through all that, I probably will not be going back to visit until Xmas... Maybe I will convince Chris to come with me in late July or something, but with his work, I don't know how it'll go. I'm sad, but at the same time, I have to do what I have to do...

You know, when I was driving up for my visit last month, as I was driving into Quebec, I had this feeling that it wasn't my home anymore. It wasn't a sad feeling or anything like that, just a general realization, that eh, I don't belong here anymore. I NEVER thought I would think that! It was kind of relieving in a way... No more doubts in my mind anymore.

Anyways, I'm rambling on! Take care you guys, Happy Easter!!!

Edited by Vero and Chris

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.