uscitizeninca

Consulate Interview

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi all,

My wife & daughter have been awaiting an interview for the Islamabad consulate in Pakistan fpr the immigrant visa. I just received emails from NVC about their interview date & the list of which documents are reecived & accepted. I am a little confused as far as if my wife & daughter should go ahead & proceed with the doctors appointment for the medical or should they wait until a letter is received from the Islamabad consulate about it? I don't know if Islamabad consulate would always send such letter or if the NVC has already send us the letter is sufficient?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Hi all,

My wife & daughter have been awaiting an interview for the Islamabad consulate in Pakistan fpr the immigrant visa. I just received emails from NVC about their interview date & the list of which documents are reecived & accepted. I am a little confused as far as if my wife & daughter should go ahead & proceed with the doctors appointment for the medical or should they wait until a letter is received from the Islamabad consulate about it? I don't know if Islamabad consulate would always send such letter or if the NVC has already send us the letter is sufficient?

Thanks & Best Regards,

NVC interview confirmation letter would be suffice, generally. Beneficiary's original passport size photos, interview letter, passports, prior vaccination records would be handy. Please check with one of the panel physicians over there.

Loto

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

please check those emails again, it is common that 'one' of those emails is actually the interview appointment letter.

Regardless of 'delivery method', an 'interview appointment letter' can be used on some things, such as 'medical examination' and 'showing cause to generate police clearance certificate'.

so - whatcha got?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thanks for the replies. Please forgive my cluelessness. To be sure, I'm copying the wording from the NVC PDF letter here. Please review it & advise me if that is THE Appointment Letter sufficient for the interview. The name of the file that they atttached in email is like: ISLxxxx - STD P4 APP.pdf

The wording of some portion of the letter is as follows. In addition to this portion, the document also lists DOCUMENTS NAME - DOCUEMNST STATUS (which documents are reeived/accpected & which ones are missing etc). Here it is:

"NVC Case Number: ISLxxxxxx

Dear [NAME]:

The enclosed information pertains to [NAME] interest in immigrating to the United States of America. The National Visa Center (NVC) has completed its processing of {NAME} petition, case number ISLxxxx; and forwarded it to the American Embassy/Consulate in ISLAMABAD.

An immigrant visa interview has been scheduled for the applicant at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in ISLAMABAD on [DATE] at 08:00 am.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Please read and follow all Interview Preparation Instructions located on the Department of State's web site at: www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov, under the "Interview Preparation" link. Important information regarding the required medical appointment is listed on this site. Failure to read and promptly follow all instructions provided on this site will result in your immigrant visa being refused at the initial interview.

Upon arrival at the Embassy/Consulate, the applicant should present this letter to the receptionist.

Those members of the applicant's family, listed on the attached page, must appear at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate on the above appointment date. Please notify the Embassy/Consulate if the applicant cannot keep the appointment. The address is provided on the next page."

Timeline

Yes, this is the interview letter.

Loto

NVC

Consulate

Timeline

yup - that's the 'interview appointment letter' -

Upon arrival at the Embassy/Consulate, the applicant should present this letter to the receptionist.

Congratulations !

now, as to 'waiting on something from US Embassy/Islamabad'. Ouch. Why? You've got the appointment letter, so can use that for the rest of required 'stuff' - ie - medical exam, police clearance certificates.

Further 'super-duper-decoding-ring' explanation - : ISLxxxx - STD P4 APP.pdf

That is part of the 'packet 4 document'. appointment letters are always inside a 'packet 4 document'.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thanks LOTO & others for the help.

I have a subsequest question. Since I submitted ALL the papers, the list does not have any document which has an "A" (A = Applicant must acquire this document and present it at the time of the interview.) in front of it.

But still I'm kind of worried about the Custody Paper of my Step Daughter. Although, I have submitted custody document (Stamp Paper Affidavit) which is not a court order though. This letter suggest that the custody paper is accepeted since it has: CUSTODY PAPERS=O & (O=The original document has been received and accepted as meeting post requirements".)

Is a document acceptance by the NVC is final & sufficient? or is the actual Consulate is expected/allowed to ask for additional documents like in this case, a "CUSTODY COURT ORDER" ?

Thanks & Best Regards

Timeline

Thanks LOTO & others for the help.

I have a subsequest question. Since I submitted ALL the papers, the list does not have any document which has an "A" (A = Applicant must acquire this document and present it at the time of the interview.) in front of it.

But still I'm kind of worried about the Custody Paper of my Step Daughter. Although, I have submitted custody document (Stamp Paper Affidavit) which is not a court order though. This letter suggest that the custody paper is accepeted since it has: CUSTODY PAPERS=O & (O=The original document has been received and accepted as meeting post requirements".)

Is a document acceptance by the NVC is final & sufficient? or is the actual Consulate is expected/allowed to ask for additional documents like in this case, a "CUSTODY COURT ORDER" ?

Thanks & Best Regards

Normally, the documents submitted to NVC will be sufficient to the Consulate. But, Consulate might ask additional evidences, if they want. So, be prepared for it.

If you have court order of your wife's divorce decree and divorce agreement, it should explain who has the custody of the child. If your wife has child custody, there is no problem.

Loto

NVC

Consulate

Timeline

Thanks LOTO & others for your help & support.

LOTO I wanted to present to you my traveling scenario & seek your & others opinion as to what you think. I have reecntly started this new job & it is difficult for me to take 4-5 weeks vacation to go back there & accompany for my wife interview & then bring them here. Since I can not take that long vacation, I'm considering that I go there twice. First for 1 week to help them with their interview in Islamabad (which is a different city from where they live). Then I come back here after 1 week.

Islamabad consulate does NOT give the passport/visa back the same day. The passports/visas arrive in your city in Pakistan after some times after few days & sometimes after few weeks. So, I'm thinking that once their passporets/visas are received back from consulate, then I go back to Pakistan again for 1 week & bring them here. What you think?

Most importantly, I had the question that, once the Islamabad consulate returns the passports/visa, how much time the candadate have to Enter in the USA? I think they write it down on the letter that you should enter the US by such and such date, but normally how much time do they give? That will help me plan this

Thanks & Best Regards

Timeline

Once the visa stamps are in the passport - CHECK THE EXPIRATION DATE -

as the expiration date is the last date one can enter the USA.

USUALLY, this is 6 months, unless some other issue about medical conditions, then USUALLY, is less.

Timeline

That's correct. Normally 6 months will be the immigrant visa stamped.

Good luck to the upcoming interview!

Loto

NVC

Consulate

No, You dont have to wait for Islamabad embassy send you letter. I believe you have received everyhting in your email. Just forward your email to your wife email address and ask her to download email and make them print out and go for the Medical exams. Make sure when she will face the interview, she will have every documents like wedding pictures, money send receipt copy or anything that established your relationship with her. DO NOT FORGET TO SEND IRS TAX TRANSCRIPT TO HER which is VERY VERY important. IRS TRANSCRIPT MUST THE ORIGINAL ONE(photocopy not accepted).

I hope this info will help little bit.

US CITIZENSHIP

12-20-2012: SENT N-400 APPLICATION

12-21-2012: RECEIVED N-400 APPLICATION

12-27-2012: CHECK CASHED

12-28-2012: NOA RECEIVED

01-08-2013: BIO-METRIC COMPLETED

01-14-2013: INTERVIEW IN LINE FOR SCHEDULED

04-10-2013: INTERVIEW SCHEDULE AT 7:30 AM, TAMPA OFFICE...APPROVED:)))

04-23-2013: OATH CEREMONY AT TAMPA 1 PM...FINALLY USC.....

Timeline

Hi all,

Thanks & Best Regards,

Hi, there are more of us who have interviews in september 2010. You can look us up at http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/267449-september-2010-interviews/. I also have my interview scheduled in islamabad next month.

You should proceed with the medical of your wife and daughter. You will need to take a print out of the email you received, 2 passport size photographs (white background) original and photocopies of your passport and vaccination record for your child.

You can find the list of doctors where you can get the medical done at http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/physician_list.pdf

Hope this was helpful.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.