BinhJerome

People in AP

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

All of those in AP, you should all email ASAP. I just had breakfast with Jeff (one of the CO’s at HCMC) He informed me that just recently, a stack of people that have been waiting for final decision (people in AP) were just recently sent back for recommendation of denial. He said this is the first time that they did it this way and it caught him off guard as they did not consulate any of the CO’s, and to his knowledge there were no denial letters sent out to the petitioners, or the beneficiaries. He said there are still many still waiting for final decision, but he does not know if this was the only time this will be happening, and because of this he has requested a transfer as have 2 other CO’s so there is a big shake up in HCMC right now with someone up top doing what they want and not consulting anyone else. So for all of you in AP please make sure you try to email ASAP to make sure your petition is still waiting for finial decision.

Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello,

What does this new leadership at the Consulate mean for those that just filed their petitions like myself? I am just starting the K1 process.

Sent the I-129F petition to USCIS on Aug 20, 2010

I-129F Approved!!! Feb 7, 2011

Returned P3 to Consulate Mar 7, 2011

Interview Date May 20, 2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

so what you are saying is that alot of cases is being denial ? or alot of cases is waiting for finial decision. ?

He is saying some of us in AP may have been sent back to USCIS without a letter of denial... in other words.. denial without a formal denial letter... really F'd up for them to do that to someone that has been waiting for a decision so long... As of 2 days ago I was still pending review by what I assume is the Chief consular Officer once they provided the results of the investigation they did last weekend...

Pretty messed up that one CG has no problem letting cases sit in AP for up to a year and the other says screw it send em back to the states without saing p!ss...

What does he consider recently?.

If they were sent back DoS should have it noted in the system...

Edited by ScottThuy

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

i got a email from HCMC today, after a week of waiting. so i think am still good.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please be informed that the status of this case has not changed since our response on July 23. The beneficiary's file is still pending review by a consular officer.

Our office will notify the beneficiary by mail as soon as there are developments with the case.

If you have further inquiries, please do not delete your original email.

Sincerely,

Information Team

Consular Section

U.S. Consulate General HCMC

Tel: (84-8) 3520 4200

Fax: (84-8) 3520 4235

E-mail: hcmcinfo@state.gov (regarding visa issues)

acshcmc@state.gov (regarding services for U.S. citizens)

Adoption: HanoiAdoptions@state.gov

This e-mail is UNCLASSIFIED based on the definitions provided in E.O. 12958.

Edited by ViQuoc

Timeline

He is saying some of us in AP may have been sent back to USCIS without a letter of denial... in other words.. denial without a formal denial letter... really F'd up for them to do that to someone that has been waiting for a decision so long... As of 2 days ago I was still pending review by what I assume is the Chief consular Officer once they provided the results of the investigation they did last weekend...

Pretty messed up that one CG has no problem letting cases sit in AP for up to a year and the other says screw it send em back to the states without saing p!ss...

What does he consider recently?.

If they were sent back DoS should have it noted in the system...

Scott, I am not sure if it was people that were just recently placed in AP or those that have been there for hundreds of days. All I was told this morning is that there were a lot of cases that were just sent back to the US with the recommendation for denial, and it truly sounded like the petitioner or the beneficiary were not notified. The reason I know or at least assume that they were not notified is because Jeff said the CO’s did not do the paperwork, and they are the ones that must list why they recommend that they be denied i.e. reasons for the denial letter that the petitioner/beneficiary would receive. Also if 3 separate CO’s have asked to be transferred because of this I would say that the scale of this is extremely large, not meaning 10 or 20 but possibly 50 to a hundred or even more. For the others that just recently were placed in AP I would assume this is more for the ones that have been there longer, but as I have said, I am not sure the scale of this. If this is happening in a massive scale, I would bet there will be another class action suit filed over this as with the one that is currently going on for those that were denied a K1 and then not given the chance at a rebuttal, but this does not comfort those that have been denied. Good luck to all of those in AP, hopefully this road bump will be figured out quickly, and remember, I would send an email ASAP to check your status just to be on the safe side.

Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Just sent one telling them we're awaiting for the complete medical evaluation to be forwarded to the Consulate, got a auto response..will see!!!

wow, I smell 100% AP cases are in denial process

CR1 timeline:

11/2008: submit I130

11/15/2008: case sent to CSC

06/02/2009: uscis approval

08/05/2009: interview-get blue slip request timeline

08/25/2009: submit timeline - get denial blue slip

Không có gì quý hơn độc lập tự do."

Tôi biết nó, thằng nói câu nói đó

Tôi biết nó, đồng bào miền Bắc này biết nó

Việc nó làm, tội nó phạm ra sao

Nó đầu tiên đem râu nó bện vào

Hình xác lão Mao lông lá

Bàn tay Nga đầy băng tuyết giá

Cũng nhoài qua lục địa Trung Hoa

Không phải xoa đầu mà túm tóc nó từ xa

Nó đứng không yên, tất bật, điên đầu

Lúc rụi vào Tàu, lúc rúc vào Nga

Nó gọi Tàu Nga là cha anh nó Và tình nguyện làm con chó nhỏ

Xông xáo giữ nhà gác ngõ cho cha anh

Timeline

wow, I smell 100% AP cases are in denial process

Not all. I dont want my post to even sound like it is stating that. I just know that quite a few were all sent back without notification to the people involved. I do know for a fact that all of Jeff's were not sent back, but there were some that were, as were with other CO's, but not all of them. It could have even been some sort of tactic to get the CO's off their butts and to start processing those in AP instead of leaving them in limbo. I do know that Jeff has had some cases for over 4 months, and quite possibly the new HNIC is putting his foot down and letting all the CO's that this wont be acceptable anymore, but until the smoke clears people in AP need to email and find out if they were affected, or not. Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks, Jerome.

I don't know how you could eat with one of them...

Wedding in Vietnam: 12/25/2005 (graduate school, below poverty line, couldn't apply)
[b]August 27, 2007[/b]: 1st I-130 packet sent w/incorrect $190 instead of new $355 fee (Mesquite, Texas).
October 6, 2007: 2nd I-130 packet with $355 fee (Mesquite, Texas).
January 10, 2008: NOA1 March 31, 2008: NOA2 (approved & sent to NVC)
April 14, 2008: NVC sent AOS Fee Bill (Affidavit of Support) $70.00 & DS-3032 form
Received.
April 15, 2008: Faxed wife the DS-3032 agent form to be mailed from Vietnam.
May 5, 2008: NVC sent request for Affidavit of Support form. May 19. 2008: received NVC's request for Affidavit of Support form.
May 20, 2008: Sent off I-864, Affidavit of Support May 30, 2008: Received IV Fee bill for $400 --money order & sent by Priority Mail.
June 10, 2008: I-864 approved. June 11, 2008: IV fee entered in system. June 16, 2008: DS-230 barcode issued
June 30, 2008: DS-230 mailed by expressed mail July 3, 2008: DS-230 package arrived at NVC & under review
July 11, 2008: Case completed at NVC.
Sept. 5th, 2008: INTERVIEW DATE at HCMC: White paper with writing.
March 26, 2009: Resubmit.
[b]DENIED. June 2009: case sent back & received at USCIS[/b]
August 2009: filed new I-130. Approved after first I-130 case sent to VN, again.
February 2010: USCIS contacted & asked for more evidence
March 2010: USCIS re-approved original case.
April 14, 2010: Consulate sends DS-230
June 15, 2010: Interview Date (Blue issued)
July 13, 2010 Placed on AP -yippee!
Sept. 13, 2010 Consulate home visit
[b]Nov. 5, 2010 Approval letter sent.[/b]
[b]Nov. 19, 2010 Visa picked up. Arrival: Nov. 24, 2010[/b]

Sorry to jump in here but is there an alternative meaning for AP other than Advance Parole? I'm a little confused on this thread. I know this is Vietnam HCMC but I would like to know for informational purposes. Searched but could not find a listing of acronyms on this site.

Thanks, John

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Sorry to jump in here but is there an alternative meaning for AP other than Advance Parole? I'm a little confused on this thread. I know this is Vietnam HCMC but I would like to know for informational purposes. Searched but could not find a listing of acronyms on this site.

Thanks, John

Hey no problem John and Lourdelie, AP in this thread means "Additional Processing" also know as AR "Additional Review" After the interview if there is something the consulate needs to look at closer they will place you in "AP" or "AR".

Frank

Timeline

For all those in AP I talked with him last night, from what he is saying it is mainly the cases that have been in AP for over 90 days that are getting sent back, but some of his older cases are still waiting. The issue he has and the other CO’s is that there was no pattern to what petitions they took and sent back, most were over 90 days, but some were not. They are not all getting denied, some were approved which is good news to some and still bad news to others. The issue that is going on right now is they are taking cases from the CO’s then giving them to someone unfamiliar with the case to look over and either deny or approve based solely on the notes of the CO, and not taking into affect any ongoing investigation that the results are not back from. Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Sounds like an order came from higher up that the backlog had to be cleared, one way or another. I smell a lawsuit brewing... :whistle:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.