Linds n Flem

Affidavit of Support

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Just wondering - I am a tattoo artist and therefore do not receive any pay stubs. Will bank statements showing regular deposits and perhaps a statement from my employer suffice for the AOS? I also have some money in savings if that helps...

- Met online 2002

- Fell in love 2007

- Met in person for the first time August 2008, the flight to Copenhagen was long but worth it!

- Engaged May 17 2010...he proposed on a knee on the beach in Coronado, CA :)

I-129F sent to CA Service Center 06/01/2010...the wait begins.

Received return certified mail receipt stamped 06/03/2010 in the mail on 06/05/10

Received NOA1 06/08/2010

Touched! 07/09/2010

RFE received 11/09/2010, mailed back same day.

NOA2 approval 11/23/2010!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a job with paystubs, but I only provided documentation via a letter by my employer. That plus tax returns was fine - they never said a word about it.

AOS (from tourist w/overstay)

1/26/10 - NOA

5/04/10 - interview appt - approved

ROC

2/06/12 - NOA date

7/31/12 - card production ordered

N-400

2/08/13 - NOA date

3/05/13 - biometrics appt

6/18/13 - interview - passed!

7/18/13 - oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

we sent only tax returns for AOS no paystubs or anything like that. The tax returns are required.

Edit: just re-read your question and you arent talking about AOS your talking about the I-134 right? if so then yes, included paystubs, and tax returns.

Edited by Inky

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

It seems you need to do two things to cover your bases.

1) Document current income flow for this year. Show through some proof, either pay stubs or bank statements what you annual income will be for 2010.

2) Dig up at least one and preferably three years tax returns with W-2s or tax transcripts from the IRS.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Not all embassies/consulates approach the I-134 in the same manner. Some are very particular, others not as much.

Check with other VJ members in the regional forum to learn what to expect.

Document your income as best you can. Include income tax returns/transcripts, bank statements, employer letter. If you are self employed look at the I-864 affidavit of support instruction as the offer much more info than the I-134 instructions.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Just wondering - I am a tattoo artist and therefore do not receive any pay stubs. Will bank statements showing regular deposits and perhaps a statement from my employer suffice for the AOS? I also have some money in savings if that helps...

add in prior year tax returns, and yer golden ! (IMO )

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

My fiancee (the petitioner) is a tattoo artist too.. so I think I see your problem which is probably this:

You make money in cash, some in tips, and generally you don't pay tax on it.

Is that right? We're in this position now, I think the consular interview and I-134 will be okay with a letter from employer, but not sure what will happen at the I-864 as they specifically request tax returns. This seems to be a nasty potential situation because if you show what you make and your tax records show no evidence of income tax you are basically sending evidence of tax evasion (which is fraud in the US I believe) to the department of homeland security.

I would love to hear from anyone who has been in this situation before..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.