noura

Too Tuesday already

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i can't sleep.... blech! i'm so tired already and my day hasn't begun... i should be sleeping still, i can't! eyes, please close... mind, stop racing... just want sleep so badly... pleeeaaaasssseee... my luck, i will doze off 10 min before i have to wake up! :blink::sleepy:-_-

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

lol i culdnt sleep for ###### neither.... at 3:45 i finally did fall asleep and at 4:24 my fiance called me :angry:

but he had good news... he received a notice from the USCIS saying that our case has been approved :D

blackribbonsmall.png

Walk with the angels

let them keep you safe

we'll join you one day

in that wonderful place

stand on the clouds and never forget

we're holding on to you

in our memories and thoughts

until one day we'll meet again

Truly missed but never forgotten:

Diana

RIP 1982-08/2008

Verena

RIP 1983-03/2008

Daddy

RIP

"IMMIGRATION" PROCESS (TIMELINE):CLICK HERE

Timeline
lol i culdnt sleep for ###### neither.... at 3:45 i finally did fall asleep and at 4:24 my fiance called me :angry:

but he had good news... he received a notice from the USCIS saying that our case has been approved :D

:dance::dance::dance: that's nice to be awakened for! :dance::dance::dance: i wish i was waking up to good news... i guess our good news for the day was that i called nvc and our petition has been sent to casa. now i'm just waiting to hear from casa that it's been recieved and get an interview date!

congrats on your approval... it's moving along now!

noura :sleepy:

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

Well, I really feel stressed I feel a lot of anxiety of not knowing what is going to happen with ANYTHING! It feels like we are on a rollercoaster and I never know what to expect. Being in my husbands country and not spending a lot of money I guess I worry more cuz I don't have much to do other than worry about things that may go wrong? I was just thinking about the undercover investigations I hear that they do, only, if they come to our neighborhood and ask about us I don't know if anyone knows I'm really here!? I try to stay inside and never make it known that I'm American. Just don't feel safe here. So is this a bad thing? I guess its a worry I just thought of. Well, hopefully this will pass soon. Kristy

Hi,

Well, I really feel stressed I feel a lot of anxiety of not knowing what is going to happen with ANYTHING! It feels like we are on a rollercoaster and I never know what to expect. Being in my husbands country and not spending a lot of money I guess I worry more cuz I don't have much to do other than worry about things that may go wrong? I was just thinking about the undercover investigations I hear that they do, only, if they come to our neighborhood and ask about us I don't know if anyone knows I'm really here!? I try to stay inside and never make it known that I'm American. Just don't feel safe here. So is this a bad thing? I guess its a worry I just thought of. Well, hopefully this will pass soon. Kristy

I can relate to this. The anxiety, the not knowing a damn thing... Mohammed told me last night he knows I'm about to the breaking point but can't understand why because he says he'll be coming soon. Well, I have lost faith in "the system" so I guess I just can't bank on anything until that phone call comes saying "I got it." IF it ever does. And I'm lonely. I miss him. I want a normal life with him again. Not this internet/phone crud anymore.

I also know how you feel living in Egypt. I was there more then 8 months and we pretty much laid low. His street was primarily Iraqi immigrants. I could feel the eyes every time we stepped out on the street. We pretty much slept during the day and did what we needed to do at night if at all possible. Going to Cairo or Alexandria was better, but living in his city was difficult. To compensate we put up a beautiful mural of trees and hillsides on the wall of our room, and just lost ourselves in each other, talking for hours on end or writing music. We made our own little world. Really to be honest there were times I was afraid but Mohammed really looked out for me. With him I always felt safe. (GOD how I miss that feeling.) Trust me, the authorities know you're there. Don't worry about it. In Egypt, people always know everyone else's business. But it's nothing to sweat. Just stay close by your habebe and nothing will happen to you.

If you want to hear something laughable (better then crying anyway) a bunch of the Iraqis stopped Mohammed on the street once after I had gone and told him that I had been to Egypt before many times and had many Egyptian men and that obviously I was just on a sex vacation. All I can do is shake my head. They love to spin such lovely soap operas. Mohammed just shook his head and walked away because he didn't want to punch the guy in the face. He knows better but its really hard for me to live knowing people think that about me. It's so OPPOSITE of who I am! But oh well, at least I gave them something to talk about I guess. It's definitely a different world. But the funny thing is... I miss it.

Oh yes, I almost forgot... I was also a notorious American spy... and he was divulging Egypt's deepest darkest secrets to me. Hahahaha. Those people are BORED.

Edited by just_waiting

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi,

I can relate to this. The anxiety, the not knowing a damn thing... Mohammed told me last night he knows I'm about to the breaking point but can't understand why because he says he'll be coming soon. Well, I have lost faith in "the system" so I guess I just can't bank on anything until that phone call comes saying "I got it." IF it ever does. And I'm lonely. I miss him. I want a normal life with him again. Not this internet/phone crud anymore.

I also know how you feel living in Egypt. I was there more then 8 months and we pretty much laid low. His street was primarily Iraqi immigrants. I could feel the eyes every time we stepped out on the street. We pretty much slept during the day and did what we needed to do at night if at all possible. Going to Cairo or Alexandria was better, but living in his city was difficult. To compensate we put up a beautiful mural of trees and hillsides on the wall of our room, and just lost ourselves in each other, talking for hours on end or writing music. We made our own little world. Really to be honest there were times I was afraid but Mohammed really looked out for me. With him I always felt safe. (GOD how I miss that feeling.) Trust me, the authorities know you're there. Don't worry about it. In Egypt, people always know everyone else's business. But it's nothing to sweat. Just stay close by your habebe and nothing will happen to you.

If you want to hear something laughable (better then crying anyway) a bunch of the Iraqis stopped Mohammed on the street once after I had gone and told him that I had been to Egypt before many times and had many Egyptian men and that obviously I was just on a sex vacation. All I can do is shake my head. They love to spin such lovely soap operas. Mohammed just shook his head and walked away because he didn't want to punch the guy in the face. He knows better but its really hard for me to live knowing people think that about me. It's so OPPOSITE of who I am! But oh well, at least I gave them something to talk about I guess. It's definitely a different world. But the funny thing is... I miss it.

Oh yes, I almost forgot... I was also a notorious American spy... and he was divulging Egypt's deepest darkest secrets to me. Hahahaha. Those people are BORED.

Interesting....It seems the Iraqi's you ran into are the same as the several I know here. I dated one for 4 1/2 years and it was like a never ending roller coaster. According to them I slept with them all. And for some stupid reason my bf would beleive them at first! I know that all Iraqi's aren't like that, but I have to admit I avoid them now like the plague (the ones I know, not all of them). I was concerned when I first met my husband, I didn't want to go through this again, but I have never had this since.

Now as far as being a spy...hmmmm....a girl of many talents!

And yes, something is in the air, I was awake today at 4:45 :angry: Oh well...I got to work early, I can leave early!

Hope all of you have a pleasant day, I hope for you all some good news to ease your mind and spirit. I hate to see it when you are suffering with this system. Hugs to you all.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

:P this post make 980 for me... do i get my little heart at 1000? woooohoooo... the little things that one gets excited abt these days :wacko: still awake, working away... tick tock, tick tock...

noura

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey guys!

Well I have great news for Hicham. Yesterday he called up that Moroccan man he met at his English tutoring and who own the Moroccan restaurant and he told Hicham to come in and work so he has a full time job already! Yayyy he is so happy and he loved working there he is helping cook all the Moroccan dishes. We couldn't be more lucky!!

I hope everyone is well and have a good day!

Ps. Noura did you get my email?

Kisses,

Sarah

Timeline
Hey guys!

Well I have great news for Hicham. Yesterday he called up that Moroccan man he met at his English tutoring and who own the Moroccan restaurant and he told Hicham to come in and work so he has a full time job already! Yayyy he is so happy and he loved working there he is helping cook all the Moroccan dishes. We couldn't be more lucky!!

Kisses,

Sarah

Yes, Sarah I did get your email, thanks a bunch - smooches to ya!!! And giant Mabruks to Hicham for landing the uber cool job! That's awesome!

*strikes the pseudo-skanky-ho-americano-spy pose and cheers noura on to getting her first heart*

I would vote to make this day go a bit faster. How about you guys?

yes, I vote let's move this day along quickly.... got some serious sleep to catch up on tonite! thanks for the pseudo-skanky-ho-americano-spy cheer! :P

Hugs everyone...

Noura

*bows all ho-like and sneaky*

You're welcome.

One hour and 15 minutes to go.... HURRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY (I wanna go home.)

You know... today is my teenager's first day of his senior year in high school. How did this happen???? He's almost GROWN. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. (sheds a few mommy tears)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
Hey guys!

Kisses,

Sarah

Yay! More milkshake money... HUMMPH!

Hey guys!

Kisses,

Sarah

Yes, Sarah I did get your email, thanks a bunch - smooches to ya!!! And giant Mabruks to Hicham for landing the uber cool job! That's awesome!

*strikes the pseudo-skanky-ho-americano-spy pose and cheers noura on to getting her first heart*

I would vote to make this day go a bit faster. How about you guys?

yes, I vote let's move this day along quickly.... got some serious sleep to catch up on tonite! thanks for the pseudo-skanky-ho-americano-spy cheer! :P

Hugs everyone...

Noura

LMAO

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.