Heart-Broken

I want to Divorce my Husband & back to Phils.

190 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Exactly, you have been out-of-status since the expiration date on your I-94, once you've overstayed 180 days you will have a 3 year re-entry ban. If the overstay gets to 1 year then the ban is 10 years.

my I-894 was xpired May 3....so i have 180 days here to stay?

but if 180 days is xpired so im ban ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

what if the papers send later 2010

means the immigration force me & my son to leave in US ?

No, you'll be OK !!!!

There is 'no rule or regulation' on 'when to file the AOS'. There is a suggested guideline, that any USCIS Tele-Operator will mention, 'as soon as possible' -

but most people that file 6 months AFTER the I-94 expiration date are OK! One year past that, SOME are OK ! 2 years past that, and it's turned into a 'removal of conditions' case, not any 'adjustment of status' and the law on adjudicating is different, must show different things on interview day.

For now, yer OK, just stay out of any ICE enforcement zones. Whilst you did what you were supposed to do, get married within 90 days of arriving in USA, you don't have any status until AOS/I-485 is actually filed (or technically, when you have the receipt notice, after filing, in hand).

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I think that Kiddy is worried about her marriage, otherwise she wouldn't have started this thread. the fact remains she needs to AOS asap.

just to add my two cents. it seems your husband loves his step daughter as his own. I'm sure you want the same thing for your son.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: Country:
Timeline
sorry about the 50 50 means hard situation here now...

what if the papers send later 2010, means the immigration force me & my son to leave in US?

Okay, now I understand, definitely a hard situation but if there is love from both sides just imagine how strong your relationship will be if you can get through this together!

Yes, you & your son are deport-able until you file for Adjustment of Status. Honestly they don't seem to go looking for K-1 overstays so you shouldn't worry too much about that. Even if you did get picked-up then your husband could submit the papers and you'd be fine but it would incur additional expenses as you'd have to go before an immigration judge to have the removal proceedings stopped.

You should file as soon as you can to avoid any possible additional expenses or issues.

When you met this man did you not know that he had a spouse that died? Did you not know he was taking care of his step daughter which he probably raised as his own? I'm just guessing but I bet they were married a fairly long time and to him thats his child . Its hard for him to deal with maybe, he doesn't sound like a bad guy to me , but I don't think he got over the death of his spouse and being mean to him and making threats isn't helping

Rather than direct anger at him, why not help him get over the death of his spouse , be a friend to him. Is he very old? I mean, im sure you knew these things when you got here , I doubt this was just some surprise. I understand you might feel frustrations but if you care about him at all why not help him?

its not a wife

only a live in partner

ang bata d nia anak....

nasasaktan kasi ako na mas mauna ung isa kesa sakin....

im his 1st wife coz he never been married since before

ang nakakainis kasi during magselos ako siempre im human galit sia at mas pipiliin pa nia lalaki ang away namin dahil sa babae kya ako mas lalo nasasaktan

Filed: Country:
Timeline
my I-894 was xpired May 3....so i have 180 days here to stay?

but if 180 days is xpired so im ban ?

No, you became "Out of Status" on May 4th!

This only become a problem if you leave the US without Adjusting Status and have been in the US for more than 180 days out of status.

I think that Kiddy is worried about her marriage, otherwise she wouldn't have started this thread. the fact remains she needs to AOS asap.

just to add my two cents. it seems your husband loves his step daughter as his own. I'm sure you want the same thing for your son.

yeah i understand coz this girl grow up with her mother & my husband too

its so hard for me to understand the situations

thats why somestimes i want to go home rather to get a heart broken everytime remind me his lie to me....

specialy if he choose to argue with me just for his step kid....

No, you became "Out of Status" on May 4th!

This only become a problem if you leave the US without Adjusting Status and have been in the US for more than 180 days out of status.

oh ....so means if we submit the papers maybe this week

we got problem & maybe the immigration deported me & my son ?

what month started and end the 180 days ?

i got here Feb.2 & my I-194 xpired May 3

and were married April 2010.....

yes ....im so worried ofcors about our marriage but makes me turn down everytime he choose to fight w/me coz of the girl.

i try to understand him so saved our marriage but i dont feel that he try our marriage work too

i dont feel that he understand my feelings against this girl

i want he consider my feelings also that i cant deny to myself i feel envy ,jealous and i dont know

coz for me she have own family & father that can help her more than to my husband

sometimes i feel guilty that she dont have mother ...but shes not alone she have still father , brother & relatives

makes me hurt too much until now & cry everytime i feel that shes more important than me....

whose wife that cant feel heartbroken about my situation against to step daughter?

i read here situation that somes feel hurt also that her husband still supporting his x wife

the more im hurt that my husband supporting his stepdaughter.....

I have a lot of respect for you husband for caring about his step-daughter. Not very many men would do that after the death of their partner. I would almost bet that he would do the same for your child. Good luck to you and hope you guys can get things ironed out..:thumbs:

oh ....so means if we submit the papers maybe this week

we got problem & maybe the immigration deported me & my son ? what month started and end the 180 days ?

i got here Feb.2 & my I-194 xpired May 3

and were married April 2010.....

you'll be OK. :thumbs:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

i'm confused. :blink:

are u worried about the marriage or you being deported and getting banned for 3 years?

coz it sounds like ur more worried about getting banned than having the an unstable marriage.

the 90 days was suppose to be a trial period before getting married.

it's a time for u guys to get to know each other before tying the knot.

know what you want first. think about your son.

i think there's a similar topic before... a girl was married but she left US to go back to the PH before the 90th day mark.. a year or 2 years later.. she's now applying for a k1 visa again.. with a different fiance.

when she got her cenomar... it never showed her marriage with her previous USC husband. and since she went home voluntarily.. she wasn't banned. i didn't get to check what happened next.. i just know that she was going to have an interview at the USEM when i read that forum.

i hate to say it but i kinda understand where Anna & Leo are coming from.

one more thing though... didn't u know about this before u even got there? u should know about this before riding on that plane with your son.

and it seems i don't feel any love... love understands... if he's not over her.. why would he marry you? if there are somethings that he can't let go.. u would have to understand that for now... help him let go. u can't rush something like that. no 2 people are the same. not even twins! i'm not saying he's right for treating u that way. but then again... you're letting him do that to you.

just my 2 cents!

how can i help him to forget his past if until now somes stuff still in his house

its not insulted w/u that until now still in his room?

you dont feel hurt that ?

i told him to get away here but he say the girl wants to keep that and no room for her apartment ...

the question...i need to wait more years the right time to remove all the stuff?

i dont know whats truth...the girl wants to keep that here for a while or his the one want to keep that in his house?

why is hard for the husband to understand the feelings of thier wife?

what if im his position? i keep the memorable moments of my past bf? is that ok with them ?

I have a lot of respect for you husband for caring about his step-daughter. Not very many men would do that after the death of their partner. I would almost bet that he would do the same for your child. Good luck to you and hope you guys can get things ironed out..:thumbs:

yeah i understand but not too much that he control if im using the telephone & his cellphone that his paying dollar but the bill of his stepdaughter he pay and i dont have can say coz its his own money....

whats for your his wife but no rights for everything in his house

lucky for her he got help from my husband instead to his own father....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

the 90 days was suppose to be a trial period before getting married.

it's a time for u guys to get to know each other before tying the knot.

this is wrong. the 90 days is for the two to marry. the k-1 visa is not a "try before you buy" visa, both should know each other before filing the paperwork and they are expected to marry before the 90 days is up.

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

In reading your story, you should be ashamed of yourself, and just go home. You mention that you husband sponsored “your” 4 year old son via the K2 process, but you seemed to have this major problem that he still takes car of his deceased ex's, child. That seems very cold and selfish to me.

It seems most of his so called “lies” are related to his trying to help the step daughter, and you seem to be very upset that he does, so I guess he thinks he needs to hide those details from you.

If I was your husband, under the same situation, I would tell you that is what I am doing, and that would be the end of the subject, maybe he has not bought you a ticket home yet, because he hopes you will grow up someday, and realize how childish your being. Maybe he has not process you AOS yet, is because why throw more money at a possible losing situation.

They say there is always two sides to every story, but in your case you seemed to be telling both sides very well, and you should be ashamed of your self, for not understanding his situation.

couldnt have said it better myself.

men like this are very rare! a man who will take care of a child (even after they are grown) who is not his own blood is someone to be valued, not put down. you should be thankful you have such a man, knowing he takes care of his responsibilities ... some men do not even look after their own blood children!

i feel so bad for this man :( hopefully she does not color his perception of all women and hopefully he finds a good one some day...

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.