Danni and Hamza

I think its bad news...

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

So I just talked to Hamza, Im waiting to hear more from him. So far I know this much. They did the interview in a seperate room in the back... while everyone else had their interview in the front. They gave him a green slip, and they told him they need to take a closer look to see if our relationship is real, and they will contact us in the next 60 days. Is this a denial? Is this AP ? I will have more information soon. Any thoughts ?

We did have a one worry before the interview. About a month ago, I sent an email requesting an interview. They didnt respond, so I sent another email, about a week later. Then we became impatient, and called for the interview. They gave us a date and time on the phone. Then just a few days ago, they called Hamza to ask if he had an interview, and when is it. Then I recieved an email, in reply to my first email. It said, be informed your fiance has scheduled an interview, for 17th at 1:30.

So Im worried they thought we didnt communicate about the interview. I replied to this email, and said I knew of his interview, and those emails were sent a month ago. I explained we were impatient waiting for an email response, so we called for an interview date instead. Could this have anything to do with anything ?

Thanks for any input

Danni

4/16/10- I129F Sent by Danni

4/20/10- I129F Received at VSC

4/22/10- NOA1 sent from VSC

4/26/10- NOA1 received by Danni

6/28/10- NOA2 Received by text and email at 11:32pm

6/29/10- NVC Received K1 package

7/02/10- NVC packaged K1 to send to embassy (but probably didn't ship till the 6th, due to the holiday weekend)

7/08/10- Algeria Embassy received Package sent from NVC

7/26/10- Received Packet 3 Via Email, after I called them to inquire about it.

8/15/10- Medical Exam 9 am

8/17/10 INTERVIEW!!! Resulted in Admin Review

10/04/10 Embassy Interviewed Hamza's Dad over the telephone

10/06/10 Embassy Interviewed me over the phone

11/30/10 Embassy Emailed Hamza, with approval Notice!!!!!

12/23/10 Finally Visa in hand. Took little under a month from visa approval, till issuance.

12/31/10 Hamza's Flight to the USA!

12/31/10...7:19 PM Hamza Arrived in the US! Best New Years Ever!

2/22/11 Married!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-d8faZtdOc

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

So I just talked to Hamza, Im waiting to hear more from him. So far I know this much. They did the interview in a seperate room in the back... while everyone else had their interview in the front. They gave him a green slip, and they told him they need to take a closer look to see if our relationship is real, and they will contact us in the next 60 days. Is this a denial? Is this AP ? I will have more information soon. Any thoughts ?

We did have a one worry before the interview. About a month ago, I sent an email requesting an interview. They didnt respond, so I sent another email, about a week later. Then we became impatient, and called for the interview. They gave us a date and time on the phone. Then just a few days ago, they called Hamza to ask if he had an interview, and when is it. Then I recieved an email, in reply to my first email. It said, be informed your fiance has scheduled an interview, for 17th at 1:30.

So Im worried they thought we didnt communicate about the interview. I replied to this email, and said I knew of his interview, and those emails were sent a month ago. I explained we were impatient waiting for an email response, so we called for an interview date instead. Could this have anything to do with anything ?

Thanks for any input

Danni

Well, iam sorry to inform you this bad news...i have some egyptian friend whom had the same , taken to a room and investigated with him , and they were really bad and curse at him and he got refused...but that was in egypt...dun wanna put u down but dun wanna get you shocked too.

Wish best for you both

Sam

Beautiful patience.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Every case is different .Its not always a bad thing .The USA embassy in Egypt did the same to me .I had 2 interviews .One of them was in a seperate room with 3 people .2 Americans and an Egyptian .All of them were asking me questions .And it was more than an hour interview .

And here im in USA .

Good luck and my best wishes for you .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Thanks for any input

Danni

Danni -

If I were you I would be proactive on this!! Contact your congressman --- ask your friends and family members to send emails and/or faxes to the consulate on your behalf acknowledging the relationship etc..

BOMBARD them!!!

I am sending you a PM!!

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Filed: Timeline

Why not contact the embassy via email or telephone and ask them what further evidence they would like to see? This shows them that you're being proactive and also gives you an idea of what you can get together to fax and/or mail to them. I really hope that it turns out well for you and that you get some good news soon. :thumbs:

Timeline

O kay this is what the letter from the Embassy says.

section 221g witch prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone whose application does not comply with the provisions of the immigration and nationality act or regulations issued pursuant thereto the following remarks apply in your case. Your case is under administrative review.

This is what happened at the interview.

He went through security, left his cell phone and ID card.

He sat in a waiting room, they called him to a window, asked for his packet three papers, and passport. Then had him sit back down

Then called to another window to pay, then back to sitting. Then they took his finger prints. Then he waited more, and he said he saw and over heard a few ppl being denied. Then he was the last one there to be interviewed. They took him to a back room, away from were others were being interviewed.

So he sat down, the CO was an a Black female (only being descriptive b/c there are some CO who I hear you want to avoid at all cost .... blonde lady ?) She had him put his thumb on a red scanner, then said sit down.

Here is there conversation:

-She said: bounjour... Hamza Said: Hello

-She asked do you speak english.....yes

-She asked him to write my name... and he did

-What are you going to do in the USA.....Marry my fiance

-What do you know about her..... He started saying, shes 26, she has a daughter. Then she stopped him.

-How old is the daughter......Emma is 5

-How did you meet your Fiance..... online, a social website, named tagged.

-How did you find her in the website.....I was searching for some friends, and I found her.

-Why her exactly.....I liked her profile, she was beautiful, and cool. We like the same music, and movies, she likes to have fun, and loves her family.

-Then what ?.....We felt good with each other, and starting chatting in yahoo.

-Whats yahoo?......Its a chat program

-Why Yahoo?......Cause its fast, and easy, and have other options too.

She is writing things down during all of this.

-Whats her religion.....Christian

-Whats your religion.......Muslim

-Is she going to convert....No, I think she wont.

-Will you have kids ?.....Yes

-How many.....1 or 2

-What religion will they have..... We will teach them both religions, and when they are old enough to choose, they can choose whats best for them

-Do your parents know about Emma (my daughter)......yes

-Is this a problem........Not at all.

-When did you meet in Tunisia.....march 8th

-Are you sure......Yes ( we met on the 8th, he arrived there on the 7th)

-Who picked Tunisia, and why ?.....Danni picked it, b/c she saw warnings on the US travel website, about algeria, and thought it was safer to meet in Tunisia. He offered to show her the papers we printed from the website, and a letter from me stating why not Algeria... but she refused to see them. Then he said the tickets were also cheaper to TUnisa, then Algeria.

-Who bought your ticket..... I paid for a car to tunisa, with some help from my dad.

-Dont you have work?....No I just finished school this year.

-What did you go to school for........He stated his degree.

-What will you work in USA.......He said he will work in his degree field

-Who bought her ticket...... She paid for it with her credit card, maybe she had some help from her dad too.

-Does your girl live alone ?......yes, with her daughter

-Does she own her home.....no she rents from her dad

-Then she asked some questions about our stay in the hotel

-She asked who proposed, and when........Me, on March 11th in the hotel

-Why there......b/c I wanted to do this in person. We talked about marriage before, but I think its better to do it officially.

-Have you ever had a relationship before.......No (I'm his first real relationship...though he has talked to other women online, prior to our relationship.

-Then she asked what his dad does for work..... hes retired from working with petrol.

-Did you ever apply for a greencard before.....no

-Did anyone in your family.... yes, but they were denied at the interview. (his dad applied for a family visa for he and his wife and daughter ...a work visa... and his older brother also applied for a visa...tourist visa. They were denied b/c they had no one to support them there.)

Then she just stared at him, gathered his pictures, wrote some things down, stared at him some more. Then said she will give him a paper. It dosn't mean a visa, or denial. That she has to review if our relationship is real, and we will hear from her in a maximum of 60 days.

Then he sent him to the waiting room, then someone called him and gave him the paper.

Long post. Sorry. I just wanted to get everything in...to get the best advice. I think we just wait now. Congressman ??

Thanks Danni

7/02/10- NVC packaged K1 to send to embassy (but probably didn't ship till the 6th, due to the holiday weekend)

12/23/10 Finally Visa in hand. Took little under a month from visa approval, till issuance.

2/22/11 Married!!!

Thanks for any input

Danni

Having been through that embassy myself, I will tell you that the best thing you can do is to send as many proofs as you can and also if you do get denied, take another trip there and refile another k1, except this time using an experienced k1 attorney. I would never recommend a cr1 out of Algeria which is what I did or a k3 because its very hard and expensive to marry in Tunisia and there is no guarantee you will be approved.The whole "not safe" to go to Algeria does not play well with them and I need you to also be aware that they do extensive field investigations in Algeria interviewing employers, school mates and neighbors as to the validity of the relationship. Algeria used to be an extremely easy consulate to go through and was a breeze as late as 2006 to direct file but there have been a lot of fraud cases in the last 2 years that have spun their heads around and I believe its all these internet relationships and that just wasnt the case several years ago. If you would have married and ended up in a k3 through tunis, you could end up in a years long fight to get him out. I have been to the american consulate in Tunisia several times as well as algiers and the best piece of advice to you that I can give you is this

Have every member of HIS FAMILY send affadavits that they approve of the relationship as the whole raising children muslim is very critical to most Algerians . This question could have been a trigger point. Have THEM write affadavits and immediately show their support of your relationship

Have every member of your family including your brother fed ex letters of support to them The fact your brother met him is a very big point. Have him get involved

Do what ever you can do to not allow them to send the file back to the states

If it does get sent back to the states, have an attorney withdraw the K1 professionally and refile another one. K1s move very quickly and I believe that if you use an attorney with your proofs, it will go much easier the second time. My process from start to finish was one year 5 months and I had an attorney. Know this will be a haul and stick with it

Another thing, if you can get to Algeria one time and actually meet his family and take pictures with them, that will help immensely. Algeria is not in any way unsafe for you to visit as a tourist and it would confirm to the embassy that you are a serious person in his life and that this is not a way to get out of country. I personally have seen many of the Tunisia based hookups fail because they question why you didnt meet all his family etc.

I have actually been through the embassy you are talking about and yes you can do this but I think its going to take one more trip if you cant turn the 221 around. Another visit with him and his family will validate the relationship in the embassy's eyes and I have never seen them deny 2 k1s. Something didnt sit well with her and I think it was either a field investigation or the fact you met in Tunisia without his family ( Mom. grandma)

Going to Algeria is not impossible. He will have to get an invitation for you from the city hall and scan it to you. It has to be signed by the foreign ministry. Then you will have to apply to the Algerian embassy . It will take a month to get a visa at the minimum and you will have to show prospective plane tickets. You will most likely get one for 14 days. I think if you reapply for the k1 with those proofs, you are home free. I had 3 visits in country before my approval

Having been through that embassy myself, I will tell you that the best thing you can do is to send as many proofs as you can and also if you do get denied, take another trip there and refile another k1, except this time using an experienced k1 attorney. I would never recommend a cr1 out of Algeria which is what I did or a k3 because its very hard and expensive to marry in Tunisia and there is no guarantee you will be approved.The whole "not safe" to go to Algeria does not play well with them and I need you to also be aware that they do extensive field investigations in Algeria interviewing employers, school mates and neighbors as to the validity of the relationship. Algeria used to be an extremely easy consulate to go through and was a breeze as late as 2006 to direct file but there have been a lot of fraud cases in the last 2 years that have spun their heads around and I believe its all these internet relationships and that just wasnt the case several years ago. If you would have married and ended up in a k3 through tunis, you could end up in a years long fight to get him out. I have been to the american consulate in Tunisia several times as well as algiers and the best piece of advice to you that I can give you is this

Have every member of HIS FAMILY send affadavits that they approve of the relationship as the whole raising children muslim is very critical to most Algerians . This question could have been a trigger point. Have THEM write affadavits and immediately show their support of your relationship

Have every member of your family including your brother fed ex letters of support to them The fact your brother met him is a very big point. Have him get involved

Do what ever you can do to not allow them to send the file back to the states

If it does get sent back to the states, have an attorney withdraw the K1 professionally and refile another one. K1s move very quickly and I believe that if you use an attorney with your proofs, it will go much easier the second time. My process from start to finish was one year 5 months and I had an attorney. Know this will be a haul and stick with it

Another thing, if you can get to Algeria one time and actually meet his family and take pictures with them, that will help immensely. Algeria is not in any way unsafe for you to visit as a tourist and it would confirm to the embassy that you are a serious person in his life and that this is not a way to get out of country. I personally have seen many of the Tunisia based hookups fail because they question why you didnt meet all his family etc.

I have actually been through the embassy you are talking about and yes you can do this but I think its going to take one more trip if you cant turn the 221 around. Another visit with him and his family will validate the relationship in the embassy's eyes and I have never seen them deny 2 k1s. Something didnt sit well with her and I think it was either a field investigation or the fact you met in Tunisia without his family ( Mom. grandma)

Going to Algeria is not impossible. He will have to get an invitation for you from the city hall and scan it to you. It has to be signed by the foreign ministry. Then you will have to apply to the Algerian embassy . It will take a month to get a visa at the minimum and you will have to show prospective plane tickets. You will most likely get one for 14 days. I think if you reapply for the k1 with those proofs, you are home free. I had 3 visits in country before my approval

You could go with Lufhtansa through Algiers and that will be an easy flight. A good attorney will set you back about 750 to 1000 but they know how to do a withdrawal of the first k1 and then refile the second k1 and address the deficiencies in the fist case. You may not have frontloaded enough as far as evidence and they dont want to see cutesie stuff. They need letters from family members, proof of visits, chat logs, call logs, proof his family knows alot about you, etc. Lawyers know how to do that and an experienced k1 attorney can show you how do to this. I dont know enough about how much his family has been involved but they can for sure sway the embassy if they met you. If they dont know who you are, its going to be a problem. Start sending everything you can towards that embassy and dont be destroyed if it falls apart. You can regroup and do this. You just in my opnion, need to take another trip there... and go actually to Algeria....There will be no doubt in their minds if you actually go to his hometown and meet everyone

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear this news, Danni. But I dont' think it's necessarily bad. Like others have said, send in more evidence of a relationship including affidavits from Hamza's family proving that they know of your relationship and your child and that they approve of the engagement and future marriage. The fact that you didn't go to Algeria and meet his family could possibly be an issue. I understand why you didn't go there but the CO may not. The CO may think his family doesn't know about you at all. Also, it used to be somewhat acceptable or rather not as questionable when people got engaged fairly quickly (under a year) and filed but I don't think that's the case anymore. Get more evidence esp. from his family. I wish you the best and hope that Hamza is able to get his visa sooner than later.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Timeline

You could go with Lufhtansa through Algiers and that will be an easy flight. A good attorney will set you back about 750 to 1000 but they know how to do a withdrawal of the first k1 and then refile the second k1 and address the deficiencies in the fist case. You may not have frontloaded enough as far as evidence and they dont want to see cutesie stuff. They need letters from family members, proof of visits, chat logs, call logs, proof his family knows alot about you, etc. Lawyers know how to do that and an experienced k1 attorney can show you how do to this. I dont know enough about how much his family has been involved but they can for sure sway the embassy if they met you. If they dont know who you are, its going to be a problem. Start sending everything you can towards that embassy and dont be destroyed if it falls apart. You can regroup and do this. You just in my opnion, need to take another trip there... and go actually to Algeria....There will be no doubt in their minds if you actually go to his hometown and meet everyone

Hey, thanks for all the advice. I contacted My congressman, and his secretary, is sending an email in the morning. We are starting on letters from friends and family. Although we had these in both our I129f and packet 3 information. Letters from his mom, dad, 2 brothers, and a sister...then letters letters from my mom, dad brother, and friend. We will do this again, and add details of them supporting, our relationship, and not minding the difference in religion.

I don't regret meeting him in Tunisia. I would have loved to get to know his family... but I really felt it wasn't the best option for me. I take seriously the warnings from the US govt. about Algeria. I wont go there until, he and I are married. Just my opinion. I would love to go and visit him again, unfortunatly its not an option right now, or probably any time in the near future. I really lucked out the first time, I got an inheritance from a relative who passed, and was able to afford the trip, and also the timing worked perfectly with my daughters father to have time to take her for the week. So, I am really hoping and praying, that they will not send the petition back to USCIS... Cause it will be a long wait before I can go back again.

I have faith that all this will work out though. I really hope they will investigate further, call our family, friends, and do a home visit, cause all this will support our case.

Hopefully it wont get to the point where we have to refile, and hire a lawyer... But if it does, then we will take it one step at a time. Thanks again. This is all great information. I really appriciate that you took the time to write to me :)

2/22/11 Married!!!

Timeline

Why not contact the embassy via email or telephone and ask them what further evidence they would like to see? This shows them that you're being proactive and also gives you an idea of what you can get together to fax and/or mail to them. I really hope that it turns out well for you and that you get some good news soon. :thumbs:

Hey, thanks for the reply. Im calling the Embassy first thing in the morning to ask if theres anything more I can do to help move this in the right direction. My congressmen will be emailing them in the morning and we are working on letters from family, and freinds:)

2/22/11 Married!!!

Timeline

I'm sorry to hear this news, Danni. But I dont' think it's necessarily bad. Like others have said, send in more evidence of a relationship including affidavits from Hamza's family proving that they know of your relationship and your child and that they approve of the engagement and future marriage. The fact that you didn't go to Algeria and meet his family could possibly be an issue. I understand why you didn't go there but the CO may not. The CO may think his family doesn't know about you at all. Also, it used to be somewhat acceptable or rather not as questionable when people got engaged fairly quickly (under a year) and filed but I don't think that's the case anymore. Get more evidence esp. from his family. I wish you the best and hope that Hamza is able to get his visa sooner than later.

Thanks for the reply. We did originally send letters from all his family, and mine. We are doing it again, just incase they missed it :P . I guess if you are living in Algeria, then you may not see why someone else would think its dangerous to visit... as they obviously dont see as much risk. Hopefully all the new letters, and the email from the congressmen will help. Cause I seriously doubt another visit in the near future is possible. :(

2/22/11 Married!!!

Timeline

Danni -

If I were you I would be proactive on this!! Contact your congressman --- ask your friends and family members to send emails and/or faxes to the consulate on your behalf acknowledging the relationship etc..

BOMBARD them!!!

I am sending you a PM!!

Hey Malarie,

I contacted my congressman, and his secretary is sending an email first thing in the morning. We are gonna start on the letters ASAP, and keep sending more and more, till they are sick of us... and just approve us :P Wishful thinking ;) I will take a look at your PM. Thanks again

Every case is different .Its not always a bad thing .The USA embassy in Egypt did the same to me .I had 2 interviews .One of them was in a seperate room with 3 people .2 Americans and an Egyptian .All of them were asking me questions .And it was more than an hour interview .

And here im in USA .

Good luck and my best wishes for you .

Thanks for the encouragment :)

2/22/11 Married!!!

Timeline

Well, iam sorry to inform you this bad news...i have some egyptian friend whom had the same , taken to a room and investigated with him , and they were really bad and curse at him and he got refused...but that was in egypt...dun wanna put u down but dun wanna get you shocked too.

Wish best for you both

Sam

Hey Sam, Thanks for the concern. Luckily, no one yelled or cursed at Hamza. I cant imagine how stressful that would make the situation, and not to mention nerve wracking. Hopefully we wont see our case sent back to USCIS. We are going to do everything possible to keep this from happening. Thanks again !

2/22/11 Married!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Danni,

Hang in there and send as much proof as possible. You are doing the right thing by contacting your congressman. I pray that an approval comes out of this-You guys look like the cutest couple!

God bless,

Zaytoona

moroccantea.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.