JAPrincess

OF-169 - JAMAICA

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Form OF-169 is a consulate specific form that lists the documantation needed to be gathered by the benificiary for the interview.

This is what we got to start the K-2 process for my daughter. So you will need everything not just the ones with checks.

K-1 (Fiance(e)) Visa Appointment Checklist

Please obtain all of the documents requested before the date of your interview. Failure to do so will result in delayed processing of your application.

___X__Two completed copies of all application forms:

- Form DS-156 http://evisaforms.state.gov or http://kingston.usem...fees/forms.html

- Form DS-157 http://kingston.usem...fees/forms.html

__X___Passport: Valid for travel 6 months beyond date of visa issuance.

__X__Photographs: Six (6) color photographs that show a full front view of facial features.

¬¬¬__X___Birth Certificate: Certified copy in the new style issued by the Registrar General’s Department on security paper for you and any accompanying children.

¬¬¬___X__Marriage Certificate and Death Certificate or Divorce Decree: For all previous marriages.

_____Police Certificate: From all countries (including Jamaica) where you have resided for more than a year since your 16th birthday. Police certificates are valid for one year from the date of issuance.

_____Court Records: If you have been convicted of a crime or other offence, obtain a certified court record covering each offence.

_____Military Records: If you have served in the military.

_____Certificate(s) of Non-Impediment to Marriage: Issued by the Registrar General’s Department on security paper for you and any children aged 18 or older.

__X___Evidence of Support: Typically, evidence submitted will consist of a Form I-134 http://kingston.usem...fees/forms.html completed by the petitioning fiancé/fiancée along with the sponsor’s most current taxes and W2 statements, current bank statements, earnings statements, and an employment letter.

__X___Medical Examination: For you and any accompanying children. Medical exams are valid for one year from the date of issuance.

__X___Application Fee: You must pay the non-refundable US$131 visa fee (in Jamaican dollar equivalent) and obtain a receipt at any National Commercial Bank Jamaica Limited (NCB). Each applicant, including children, must pay the non transferable fee, which is valid for one year.

We hope the above information addresses any questions you may have regarding procedures to receive a fiancé/fiancée visa. If you have any other questions, please feel free to send an email to kingstonivinfo@state.gov or visit the U.S. Embassy website at http://kingston.usembassy.gov

this is a link of what form looks like. http://www.wizaard.c...orms/of-169.pdf But I honestly don't remember getting that. We just got an email with the checklist of things needed for Eric. Hope that helps

Another Mama Jew on the way!!!!!

e7G5m4.png

"All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face wih another problem" Dr. MLK Jr.

12/3/2009--- visa in hand

12/09/2009-- POE Baltimore MD

02/13/2010-- Going to the Chapel

02/23/2010-- AOS package mailed

04/29/2010-- Welcome letter received

05/01/2010-- Green Card in hand

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for the reply :)

Our K1 visa was denied, so we will be filing for a CR1 after our wedding.

I presume the OF-169 is different for a CR1 than it is for the K1...

Hopefully someone who filed a CR1 will come shed some light.

Sorry for the confusion, I just changed my profile information to reflect our current filing status...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for the reply :)

Our K1 visa was denied, so we will be filing for a CR1 after our wedding.

I presume the OF-169 is different for a CR1 than it is for the K1...

Hopefully someone who filed a CR1 will come shed some light.

Sorry for the confusion, I just changed my profile information to reflect our current filing status...

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1 :help:

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Pre-Interview Forms / Items:

1. Completed and signed OF-169.

2. Completed and signed Of-230 Part 1 and 2 forms.

3. I-864 Affidavit of Support Form along with past 3 year U.S tax returns (or transcripts) and any other financial documents required.

4. A copy of intending immigrants biographic page of passport(s) including expiration date.

5. Original or certified "long" birth certificate. *

6. Original adoption decree. (if applicable)

7. Marriage certificate. (if applicable)

8. Divorce decree(s) or death certificate(s) (if applicable)

9. Police certificate(s) **

10. Court and prison records.(if applicable)

11. Custody records. (if applicable)

12. Military records (if applicable)

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

duh :bonk:

A few weeks after you have received your last Notice of Action indicating the approval and forwarding of your I-130 application to the NVC, the NVC will send your relative a packet of forms that you and your relative must fill out before your relative can be given an interview date with a consulate abroad. The packet will likely contain an Of-169 form, and an Of-230 part one and two forms that must be filled out by the intending immigrant.

This form is consulate specific, so I am asking if anyone has one from JA

Pre-Interview Forms / Items:

1. Completed and signed OF-169.

2. Completed and signed Of-230 Part 1 and 2 forms.

3. I-864 Affidavit of Support Form along with past 3 year U.S tax returns (or transcripts) and any other financial documents required.

4. A copy of intending immigrants biographic page of passport(s) including expiration date.

5. Original or certified "long" birth certificate. *

6. Original adoption decree. (if applicable)

7. Marriage certificate. (if applicable)

8. Divorce decree(s) or death certificate(s) (if applicable)

9. Police certificate(s) **

10. Court and prison records.(if applicable)

11. Custody records. (if applicable)

12. Military records (if applicable)

ok :wacko:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.