aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi All,

I am the other half of Rings, living in Melbourne and trying to get my head around this whole immigration thing. My heart goes out to everyone going through this process, it seems extremely awkward and complicated just to be united with a loved one. We have only been apart 2 weeks after Rings flew here for 2 weeks and we married and already it is killing me.

I am still reading through all this stuff on DCF, I am not sure if it will be a realistic option for us even if the results are positive from the USCIS, but I will continue to read and try to understand in case it does present itself as an option. Best of luck to everyone and I hope to get to know you all as our journey progresses.

Loke

01/25/2007 Married on the beach in Australia

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

02/15/2007 I-130 mailed to NSC

02/26/2007 NOA1 (I-130) received

06/22/2007 Approved

02/27/2007 I-129F mailed

03/12/2007 NOA1 (I-129F) received

05/30/2007 Approved petition forwarded from NVC to Sydney

07/03/2007 Interview - K3 Visa approved

07/15/2007 arrived in the U S of A

AOS

07/23/2007 TB skin test and I-693A

07/26/2007 AOS application mailed

07/27/2007 AOS application received (Chicago)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey loke

welcome to the aussie thread mate...which side of melbourne ya on..i use to live in melton (if ya know where that is) there are quite a few melbournians in here now...so im sure we can give ya tips on the medical and the police check you have to get when the time comes..

there is alot to get ya head around for sure but it gets easier as you read and learn about the process....the one thing that doesnt get easy is the seperation as you are starting to experience...just hang in there an if you need to vent go for it we all know what ya going through...

good luck to both of you whichever course you choose and hope its not a long wait..

which town you going to be living in..i cant remember if i asked rings when i pm's her yesterday...

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Kath,

I'm in Blackburn South, eastern suburbs...fair way from Melton but I know it. Going to be living in Denver.

I will take any hints I can get at this stage. It's all slowly coming together but I know we have a lot ahead of us. I think we're prepared for the I-130. Does it make a lot of difference at this stage how much extra documentation we supply? (my financial docs, evidence of legitimate relationship etc.) Or is that material more important at my end?

And don't worry, we will vent when necessary. Just finished a bit of that in private and she's sleeping now, I am going to spend my afternoon trying to find out about DCF and whatever else I can digest from wherever I can find it.

01/25/2007 Married on the beach in Australia

02/15/2007 I-130 mailed to NSC

02/26/2007 NOA1 (I-130) received

06/22/2007 Approved

02/27/2007 I-129F mailed

03/12/2007 NOA1 (I-129F) received

05/30/2007 Approved petition forwarded from NVC to Sydney

07/03/2007 Interview - K3 Visa approved

07/15/2007 arrived in the U S of A

AOS

07/23/2007 TB skin test and I-693A

07/26/2007 AOS application mailed

07/27/2007 AOS application received (Chicago)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey All,

Hope everyone is hanging in there! Priscilla and David, I sincerely hope everything is worked out soon for you. Keep us posted.

Vik, you must be getting very close to interview time now....how exciting! Good luck, let me know if I can help give you anymore info about the interview.

Hi Loke and Rings, welcome to VJ and the Aussie thread. The people are great here and there is a lot of support, so you won't be alone during the waiting. :) I lived in Boronia, Melbourne before I moved to Canberra to stay with my parents until I leave. So you will be based in Denver....I am moving to Colorado Springs about 1.5hrs away. Yay! Great to know another Aussie in Colorado.

Hi Ausqueen, thanks for the feedback. The day I went to the Consulate the guy that interviewed me wasn't in a good mood and asked a trillion questions. I just remained business like and it was all fine. I'm not telling you to worry you just so you are prepared. Glad your medical went well. The doctor I had in Canberra was really nice too.

Hampster, hoping Northern Girl has arrived by now and you are having a wonderful reunion! And...no the Wiggles did not have the big red car with them...maybe it was parked on the street :lol:

Kath, sent you an email, sis! Hope it's not to cold over there for you!

Hope all this I-130 ####### is cleared up soon...what a stupid time for the Sydney Consulate to close!

Cheers

Lyndel

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks Elle & Vylex...hmm..to wait or not to wait...I'm thinking I shouldn't but...

Thanks for that information Kath and Meauxana - you guys are wonderful, I'm sure I didn't have half of that yet... would love more info on the doctors list or should I just wait for the packet and do the police check while I'm waiting for the I-130 to be received/processed. I have the innoculation list but that is pointless if I can't ring and speak to the doctor in charge. (I don't have a regular doctor and therefore will need to be checked for which ones I have had previously).

Welcome Loke and Rings! I am from Melbourne also (Elwood). My now husband, Joshua is with me here now where he has transferred studies to be here :D we are just about to send the I-130 in preparation for the DCR, when we are sure where to send it. We will be going back to Arizona where Joshua will finish studies then who knows for his Masters...(he's from Chicago originally).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

You do have an album! I just saw your pics!! Congrats! Looks very familiar :) Where did you end up having your reception??

Sorry I haven't been around much...work has been making me nuts! I miss all the chat here. Welcome to all the newbies!!! Glad to have you!

Stewart is over the moon because Melbourne made it to the Grande Final. I ordered him a MElbourne Football to play with here. He'll be so excited!!

Almost his one year anni of being in America. Hard to believe it's been a year! BUt as I state again and again....HANG IN THERE GUYS BECAUSE ITS WORTH IT!

Much love,

C

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

You do have an album! I just saw your pics!! Congrats! Looks very familiar :) Where did you end up having your reception??

Sorry I haven't been around much...work has been making me nuts! I miss all the chat here. Welcome to all the newbies!!! Glad to have you!

Stewart is over the moon because Melbourne made it to the Grande Final. I ordered him a MElbourne Football to play with here. He'll be so excited!!

Almost his one year anni of being in America. Hard to believe it's been a year! BUt as I state again and again....HANG IN THERE GUYS BECAUSE ITS WORTH IT!

Much love,

C

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

Hey Caroline,

We had our reception in the outside cocktail bar at Waterfront in Port Melbourne. Good to see you, sounds like everything is fabulous. Well Joshua was thrilled when the bears made it to the Superbowl only to lose....:( Still it's the best effort they've made in years so maybe next year....

Thanks again, can't wait till we can say that....:)

Timeline

Thank you for all of the support. It is so good to know that this is possible and it is very uplifting to see other people who really do understand. I am getting ready to submit the petition this week, but I wanted to see what you guys thought on a name change first. Now I have two certified copies of my marriage license and I can send them both off at once, but I am afraid that it may hinder or help me and I really have no clue which way it would be. I figured having the same name would be a good thing, but if they want to get picky because my legal name is changed during the process of submitting the petition then gah... you get me right?

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I never changed my name; it doesn't give you any 'better' chance at anything--if you are legally married, you are legally married.

If you do want to change your name, it's best to stick with one name through your process if possible. You may start using your married name with the petition; your marriage certificate is evidence of your additional name. Your maiden name then goes under 'other names used'.

The act of marriage is a unique one, in that it allows a legal name change just by the act--no need for a court order or other document change (in fact, the marriage cert is usually the first name change doc--used to support the change in DL, SSA etc).

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

hi ya priscilla

if you go to the embassey info for australia you will find the doctors for melbourne..there is one in the city and there is also one at monash both phone numbers are there...i went to the one in the city...he was pretty good .. the x-ray is done at the top of collins street when u go to him...which is done on the day of the medical

did you say you had the vaccination sheet already..if you havent go take a look at Thailand embassey website..they give you the forms to download in packet 3...i have double checked comparing to my copy i have of the vaccination sheet and the x ray sheet and they are the correct ones...

forms to dowload for medical

now for your blood test to see if your ammuned just go to any doctor...it can be done on medicare ...but if i remember rightly there is a form for the pathologist taking your blood to sign to state he/she has sighted your passport and you are who u are and they have to wright or stamp the pathology compnay...i have tried to find this sheet for you but with all the damm paperwork i have i couldnt find it...i also remember posting about this last year so if ya want this info will do a search for you...

i had the blood tests done around a week or so after i sent my readiness into the embassey...

sorry for the long post but if ya got any other questions just fire away mate thats what were here for..

take care mate

hi ya rings

told ya were are supportive in here..lol.....as much documentation and info you give them is better i reckon...but make a complete copy of the petition for yourself so you know what you sent in ..also the australian doesnt need to show their financial documentation only the us citz....Loke. in saying that if you think it will help with your partners poverty line to meet go for it ...good to see you again...

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Timeline

Hey everybody, just wanted to let everyone know that my wife has landed safely at LAX and is already on her plane to Florida...

We decided that it's just best for us to be together through this whole process. It's been rough on us, and we just needed to be together. We'll just hope Sydney works this whole thing out soon.

BTW... the POE Officer asked my wife why she was visiting and she told them straight out... "to visit my husband."

Edited by David A.

04 January 2004 : Met Stephanie in Las Vegas.

15 May 2006 : Joined visajourney

16 September 2006: Got married in Las Vegas.

03 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for certificate of name change.

12 October 2006 : Stephanie recieved certificate of name change.

16 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for NPC, recieves a couple weeks later.

29 November 2006 : Arrived in Sydney, stayed in 4Points Sheraton Darling Harbor.

30 November 2006 : DCF. Submitted I-130 Sydney US Consulate "walk-in Thursday". Packet 3 in hand.

11 December 2006 : Final Medical Appointment with Dr Miller and immunizations. Approved.

11 December 2006 : Sent off DS-230 Parts I and II, and DS-2001 overnight priority.

27 December 2006 : Received RFE in the mail, returned RFE same day.

24 January 2007 : New Legislation preventing approvals of I-130s at Consulate.

30 January 2007 : Final Visa Interview in Sydney.

22 February 2007: Sydney called for my wife to send her passport to issue the visa.

04 March 2007: Stephanie flies back to Australia to post her passport.

14 March 2007: Stephanie Recieves passport and visa.

18 March 2007: Stephanie is in Florida. Journey is over.

30 March 2007: Stephanie gets Social Security Card.

02 April 2007: Stephanie gets Green Card.

"what happens in Vegas, doesn't always stay in Vegas" - david

Timeline

Hi All,

I have been wondering about the name change issue as well. I was going to hypenate my name with Jake's but I am not sure about this for the paperwork. Don't want to give immigration any additional reasons to stuff up.

David, I am so glad your wife is with you. I know this must me tough on you both right now at least you are together now while you wait. :)

Well I am still stuck here in Aussieland until I sell my car. Trying to save as much money as I can before I go. It's starting to get really frustrated knowing I have the Visa but can't quit my job until the car is sold which means we don't have a firm date for me arriving in the USA...grrrr. I know I shouldn't complain there are lots of people worse off it's just when you have been away from your SO for so long you are just hanging out to be together again. Work have been great about it, they have said they will keep me as long as I need.

Hope you are all hanging in there! Mmmmm, we haven't heard from Paul in a few days guess he's preoccupied frollicking in Adelaide with his wifey! :P

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia

Timeline

INTERVIEW... INTERVIEW... INTERVIEW... YESSSS!

Hi everyone in here!

I can't believe it! I've just updated our timeline and signature! Talked to Aaron on Skype at 5pm today (syd time). He got the letter!!!

Now, last night I was gonna log in and whinge about "stupid" consulate... well, they haven't been too smart really :) but tonight I don't really care! They are forgiven!!! LOL

But, hey... can I still tell you the story???

First, they sent packet3 to Aaron. He had to Fedex it to me. I returned DS230 and that other page next day and what do they do???

Friday I got a letter saying: on DS230 you indicate living in two other countries. You need to obtain police check from those countries and let us know when you are ready for the interview by signing and returning the... whatever the number form it is... DSL 1076 or something like that! And I'm like... WHAT THE...??? (Yes, I love Rove Live). Of course I sent them copies of both forms with: I've already told you I was ready for the interview and I have all docs ready!

The best part though is: the interview letter Aaron got today is dated SAME (Feb 7th) as the one I got last Friday!!! Oh, who cares now?! I am so happy!!! And... curious about the interview!!!!

Happy thoughts to all of you

vik

I129F process:

20 July '06- I129F filed with CSC (Got a lawyer - BIG MISTAKE... Didn't know of VJ!!!)

28 July '06 - NOA1

08 Dec '06 - NOA2

06 Feb '07 - medical

12 Mar '07 ----- INTERVIEW ----- A P P R O V E D -----

4 Apr '07 - US entry - San Francisco

1 July '07 - MARRIED in SF :)

AOS process (after K-1):

24 July '07 - AOS application received by Chicago Office

09 August '07 - Biometrics appt letter

24 August '07 - RFE for I-485 (incomplete tax info sent!)

28 August '07 - NOA letters for AOS, EAD and AP

29 August '07 - Biometrics

AP - 12 October '07 - hard copy: multiple travel, valid 12 months

EAD - 18 October '07 - hard copy: valid from the date of 1st notice of card production

SSN - 30 October '07 (married name), applied Oct 18, same day I got my EAD

DL - 11 December '07 - driving test at DMV San Francisco. Yay! Now I can drive on the "wrong" side of the road!

21 November '07 - AOS Interview (Letter rec'd Oct 15) ----- A P P R O V E D ----- A P P R O V E D ----- A P P R O V E D -----

07 December '07 - GREENCARD IN MAIL

Peace and quiet... apply for removal of conditions - August 2009!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.