aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

thank you everyone. the name will be conor jerren faith. jerren is a combination of jerry and warren...ours fathers names.

floss,

how do i go about registering him?

matt

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone's got one and they all stink!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boo!! Ima still here, plodding along....trying to assimilate hahaha :unsure:

Great to read everyones news and glad to hear all is well with everyone.

Karo....cant wait to see pics

Matt.....good to hear that baby is doing well :thumbs:

Kath.......wavey.gif

All the best to those with weddings coming up.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

hey matt

i suppose thats whats happens when we all get over here lol...

hope all is going well with ya mate and the new job is exciting....

take care

kath

p.s just had a thought that u might be able to answer for me matt...how many times did u have to go to cleveland...and what is the difference between bio interview and your interview dates....thanks

Edited by kath&rob

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

I feel like Im going to be pregnant FOREVER..... UUUGGHHH!!! lol

We are having a girl!! Her name will be Mia Grace. :) Her brother and sister are more than anxiously waiting for her, as are Scott and I!!

We moved into our bigger apartment, which is SO nice, but we found ourselves wondering how we had all the stuff that we have crammed into a two bedroom as we were trying to get it in a three bedroom! It was interesting!

Looking at going back to OZ for a visit next summer, which seems SO Far away, but that way the kids will be off school, Scott will be off work and the only one that will have to miss work or school will be me!

Its hard to imagine a year ago I was sitting around getting ticket because everyone else was getting NOA2s while I was still sitting there, and now Scott is here. We miss Australia TERRIBLY, but are just plodding through, and he is really enjoying it here in the states, which is a good thing!

Next up, he gets his drivers license.... EEKS!!!!!

Matt, congrats on the baby news!! I miss you all!

February 13, 2006:VISA APPROVED!!!!

November 18, 2006: Mia Grace is born

May 30, 2008: 10 year Greencard approved

Timeline

kath,

i think you might be right. :D i had to go to cleveland a few times...once for the EAD bio...once for the AOS bio...once cause i didn't get my EAD in the 90 days...and lastly for the AOS interview. the bio appointment is for the fingerprints and photo for the green card and/or EAD. the other interview should be for the AOS/green card. the job is going well so far...can't wait till i start making waves with security issues!!! :P

mellie,

glad to hear everything is settling down for you guys and that scott is adjusting well. the drivers licence is easy.

take care.

matt

Timeline

OMG Mellie. I am so glad you stopped in to say hi!! Glad to hear all is well. We miss OZ also but have booked tix for xmas. I am leaving on the 20th of December and coming home on the 2nd of Jan. Not that long but he can't really take off work for that long.

We also got tickets to the World Cup cricket!!! Sooo....we are going to St Kitts in March to watch Australia beat South Africa :) We are relaly excited but worried about money a bit.

I am so happy for all those aussie-american babies on their way! That is so awesome. i can't wait!

Matt - we are indeed boring. I don't understand how the other regional forums can remain so active!! I mean, we have lots to say...right?

Stewart has to pay his fee in NC to unsuspend his lisence from his DUI last summer (whoops...) but once he does that, he is getting his new FL one soon.

That's all in this neck of the woods

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

don't worry about the money...just go and have a good time. sux about the licence but at least stewart will be able to get one in florida.

tomorrow is our first anniversary, so we are going to chanin's parents cabin in PA for the weekend...now i just have to get through 8 hours of work before we leave.

take care all.

matt

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Im sorry to have made you miss me!! What can I say, we got through it all and I felt the need for a sabbatical, away from all the paperwork and questions and lights and cameras... LOL. I might be around a bit more often now though, and especially once Im on maternity leave!!!

February 13, 2006:VISA APPROVED!!!!

November 18, 2006: Mia Grace is born

May 30, 2008: 10 year Greencard approved

Well I am sure you all heard the news. The aussie icon, Steve Irwin, died today in a freak accident with a stingray. Although I thought he was a bit a dill, I always thought of him as "untouchable" when it came to his exploits with wild animals.

RIP Steve Irwin, aka The Crocodile Hunter. :innocent:

2-28-2009 Sent in I-751

3-14-2009 Received I-751 back because they can't read

3-16-2009 Re-Sent I-751

3-17-2009 Received by Vermont

Waiting and watching the calendar flip ever so over closer to 4-2-2009 (When my 2 yr GC expires) . . .

4-2-2009 Received I-751 back AGAIN! Oh and my GC expired today.

4-3-2009 Re-Sent I-751

4-4-2009 Received by Vermont

4-6-2009 Date of NOA-1 Extension Letter (Rec'd 4/13/09)

4-10-2009 Check Cashed

4-24-2009 Date of Biometrics letter (Rec'd 4/30/09)

5-11-2009 Biometrics Appointment in Louisville.

sittin here with my jaw to the floor.....omg i didnt know... now that is a shock...

happy labour day..went down town with robbie to a union parade here in toledo....wore he union t-shirt with hubby...then went to the union hall for hotdogs and chips...

relflecting back ..i watched robbie smiling a waving his flag he looked so proud...although i was in my union in oz i was never a died hard union person...i dont even know if in oz they have this kind of parade on our labour day...???

well as everyone i have seen say to me as i do to you HAPPY HOLIDAY

dont mean to offend anyone BUT it's only a long weekend...

anyhow i had a good long weekend with my hubby cant wait for the next one..

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Yes very sad about Steve Erwin. An annoying larrikan but a good man. He did so much for our wild life and he and his family seemed to share so much love. Maybe a case of you don't know what you got till he's gone. Very sad news.

Yeah sorry, I am guilty of not checking in so much. This computer of Andrews is so slow and the keyboard so broken I can hardly bare to get on here and use it. Very busy and still sewing his shirt. Have been unwell mostly since I got here.

Well getting "Handfasted" this Saturday. $10 rings and now no Wedding dress. Had to spend that money on Vet bills for a cat. Oh well we have lots of love to go around so all's well. Kathh have a new Hotmail address now so will write soon so can finally get those pickies off yah.

Take care all and promise to check in more after the wedding.

Stella.

Stella & Shadow

28-4-2005 Met On-line. Love at first sight (know that can happen now).

8-8-2005 Met in person in the US. Visa Waiver.

22-10-2005 Engaged.

2-11-2005 Flew back to Sydney. Many tears!

5-11-2005 Began visa journey.

2-12-2005 Shadow (Andrew) posts petition.

7-12-2005 NOA1 dated the 5-12-2005.

..................Seems like never ending waiting.

12-4-2006 NOA2 Yee Haa!!!!!!

11-5-2006 Packet 3 Arrives

12-5-2006 Posted Reply and did Police Check

15-5-2006 Medical in Sydney

19-5-2006 Packet 4 Arrives

30-5-2006 Sceduled Interview

..................Interview went well, just waiting on Criminal History checks to post back with that envelopee and passport to get visa.

5-6-2006 Received Criminal History Check in the mail and posted off back to consulate with passport etc hoping for it's return with visa in two weeks.

14-6-2006 Passport and visa recieved in mail. Visa issued the 13th.

24-6-2006 USA here I come

26-7-2006 Received Social Security Card in less than 5 working days after applying.

9-9-2006 Married

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

HI all,..

I dont venture in here as often as I could, but I stumbled across this lil love poem, and thought the true blue Aussies would get a bit of a giggle outta it,...

post-903-1157658511_thumb.jpg

Cheers,.

Jodee :thumbs:

Edited by jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.