aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I just posted this on a post in the DCF thread, I thought I might get a better answer here. I'm about to book my medical check soon, and I'm trying to chase down the best way of getting all my blood test/immunisation stuff done in one go.

Lets say I'm a person between the ages of 18 and 64 who's moved around quite a lot in their lifetime (and there's probably others in a similar situation) and thus trying to chase down what immunisations I've had over the years is probably a difficult task and I would rather just get one blood test which indicates everything that the examining doctor might want to see, is the below list sufficient to cover everything?

* Td immunisation

* Varicella (Chicken pox) immunisation/evidence of previous exposure

* MMR immunisation

* Test for HIV

* Test for Syphilis

Is that list complete and if I have the blood test done external to the panel doctor will that be ok? (I know for immunisations it might be but I'm wondering about the HIV and syphilis tests)

Thanks

AussieDude

I am in Sydney and had my medical done with Dr Anthony Millar in the city. I had blood tests to check my immunity level prior to the medical including one for HIV. I didnt get anything signed and it was ok by the Doc. for me anyway, I am not sure whether it is always the case. If you are going through Dr Millar, perhaps call and ask the lady in the office. She is a real sweetie. They just called the pathology for the HIV and measles results as they hadnt come back yet. I had the syphilis one done at the medical. They called me to let me know I needed MMR as my immunity to measles was non existant and asked me to fax a letter from the doc to state that I had it done. Hope this helps.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

I am in Sydney and had my medical done with Dr Anthony Millar in the city. I had blood tests to check my immunity level prior to the medical including one for HIV. I didnt get anything signed and it was ok by the Doc. for me anyway, I am not sure whether it is always the case. If you are going through Dr Millar, perhaps call and ask the lady in the office. She is a real sweetie. They just called the pathology for the HIV and measles results as they hadnt come back yet. I had the syphilis one done at the medical. They called me to let me know I needed MMR as my immunity to measles was non existant and asked me to fax a letter from the doc to state that I had it done. Hope this helps.

Lorelle

Thanks for the info Lorelle,

I'm going to call Dr Millar's office today and ask, I'll put up their reply.

AussieDude

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

I transferred some money to the US a few months ago. Honestly, the transfer + exchange fee is only on the order $20-50, you're not going to lose that much on that (compared to how much money you're transferring).

The exchange rate would probably have a slightly higher impact, think $100 for every 1 cent change for $10000. (That is if she has around $10000, if the exchange rate is 0.73, then its worth US$7300 vs US$7400 if the rate is 0.74).

Either way, if her funds are Aussie dollars, someone somewhere will charge a comission for changing to US$. For security sake, I recommend she does not carry that kind of cash on her.

As with Joel's post, ATM cards for major Aussie banks all work in US ATMs (look for the Cirrus symbol). There might be a charge of few dollars for every use + rate conversion fees so when she does withdraw its best for her to draw it out in large chunks. Ask her to talk to her bank, I'm sure they'll let her know.

AussieDude

I guess it would be best to just transfer it over to another bank account.

04 January 2004 : Met Stephanie in Las Vegas.

15 May 2006 : Joined visajourney

16 September 2006: Got married in Las Vegas.

03 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for certificate of name change.

12 October 2006 : Stephanie recieved certificate of name change.

16 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for NPC, recieves a couple weeks later.

29 November 2006 : Arrived in Sydney, stayed in 4Points Sheraton Darling Harbor.

30 November 2006 : DCF. Submitted I-130 Sydney US Consulate "walk-in Thursday". Packet 3 in hand.

11 December 2006 : Final Medical Appointment with Dr Miller and immunizations. Approved.

11 December 2006 : Sent off DS-230 Parts I and II, and DS-2001 overnight priority.

27 December 2006 : Received RFE in the mail, returned RFE same day.

24 January 2007 : New Legislation preventing approvals of I-130s at Consulate.

30 January 2007 : Final Visa Interview in Sydney.

22 February 2007: Sydney called for my wife to send her passport to issue the visa.

04 March 2007: Stephanie flies back to Australia to post her passport.

14 March 2007: Stephanie Recieves passport and visa.

18 March 2007: Stephanie is in Florida. Journey is over.

30 March 2007: Stephanie gets Social Security Card.

02 April 2007: Stephanie gets Green Card.

"what happens in Vegas, doesn't always stay in Vegas" - david

I guess it would be best to just transfer it over to another bank account.

Im sure your fiancee could get a bank cheque in her name when she closes the account. Its a safe way to carry the money and can be cancelled if it were lost. When she opens an ac in the USA with ID, she can deposit it there and then. I think...?

April 14 - sent I-129F to Vermont

April 25 - NOA1

May, June, July lost to IMBRA and RFE's

Aug 22 - NOA2

Sept 25 - interview date OCTOBER 13th

Oct 26 - arrived at JFK - work authorized

Nov 21 - apply SSN, received Nov 29

Dec 16 - marriage license

Jan 05 - wedding

Jan 30 - AOS begins

AOS

Feb 07 - NOA1 ,check cashed

Feb 28 - notice I-485 sent to CSC

Mar 10 - Biometrics

Apr 16 - surprise RFE arrives..they lost my medical. New medical returned, Apr 23

Jun 1st - RFE ..more medical BS ( go back for TB skin test)

Jun 28 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

July 06- Green card arrives.

LIFTING CONDITIONS 2009

June 12 - mailed package

June 15 - check cashed

June 19 - NOA extension letter ( card expires June 26th)

July 03 - Biometrics notice

July 14 - Biometrics appointment

OCT 29 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

I called Dr Millar's office and asked about whether getting a blood test to check for the following would be an exhaustive list:

*Td vaccination

*Varicella (chicken pox) vaccination/exposure

*MMR vaccination

*HIV

*Syphilis

They said that should be it, as long as whoever takes the blood sights my passport and signs the second page where it says laboratory technician.

I also asked about whether I needed a case number to come in for a medical check and I was told no, the case numbers only become apparent when an interview is booked. That seems a little puzzling, but since I can book the medical and get it done, and since the results are kept with me to take to the consulate, I can't see a problem with booking the medical anytime (as long as I have the forms).

For those of you wondering why I might be pointing this out, because of the recent changes, you can't get packet 3 anymore without having filed the I-130 first. Previously, you could just go and pick up the I-130 and packet 3 at the same time, thus saving some time. These days, you have to be married first, file the I-130 and then they send out packet 3 to you.

AussieDude

Edited by AussieDude

Hi all,

I called Dr Millar's office and asked about whether getting a blood test to check for the following would be an exhaustive list:

*Td vaccination

*Varicella (chicken pox) vaccination/exposure

*MMR vaccination

*HIV

*Syphilis

They said that should be it, as long as whoever takes the blood sights my passport and signs the second page where it says laboratory technician.

I also asked about whether I needed a case number to come in for a medical check and I was told no, the case numbers only become apparent when an interview is booked. That seems a little puzzling, but since I can book the medical and get it done, and since the results are kept with me to take to the consulate, I can't see a problem with booking the medical anytime (as long as I have the forms).

For those of you wondering why I might be pointing this out, because of the recent changes, you can't get packet 3 anymore without having filed the I-130 first. Previously, you could just go and pick up the I-130 and packet 3 at the same time, thus saving some time. These days, you have to be married first, file the I-130 and then they send out packet 3 to you.

AussieDude

Hmmmmmmm I guess they dont have standard rules, as I said I didnt have anything signed nor my passport sighted....interesting. Glad you got your answers. They are great at Dr Millars. Oh one thing....when you have the blood test done through your own doctor it supposedly is not under medicare as it is for a visa. Like another member they at first told me yes so I didnt pay anything. They then realised their error and sent me a bill. Too bad lol no way.

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

hi ya wenchie

how you doing mate.. what date ya heading our way...

wow u got billed did ya .. all mine got done on medicare ...havent receiived a bill at all

life here is good mate...except damm social security shelia didnt site my marriage cert when i asked her if she needed to now i gotta go back in tomorrow and let um site it ...stupid woman.. i felt there was something wrong when i was leaving that damm office..

never mind will get it sorted out tomorrow hopefully

talk to u soon

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

hi ya wenchie

how you doing mate.. what date ya heading our way...

wow u got billed did ya .. all mine got done on medicare ...havent receiived a bill at all

life here is good mate...except damm social security shelia didnt site my marriage cert when i asked her if she needed to now i gotta go back in tomorrow and let um site it ...stupid woman.. i felt there was something wrong when i was leaving that damm office..

never mind will get it sorted out tomorrow hopefully

talk to u soon

take care

kath

Hiya Kath wave7ul.gif Doing great here but busy busy with last minute stuff. I fly out on the 23rd (next Sunday) :dance: Finally!!

Yeah incompetence for something that is routine amazes me. Hope you get it sorted ok.

Im so excited aye. I have to almost pinch myself knowing that in only a week I will be home with my hubby. When I first got the email from Dan that he had booked my ticket, I had the biggest smile on my face but at the same time the biggest pain in my tummy...Im going to miss my kids and not looking forward to the farewell at the airport. I know my daughter is going to lose it :(

You take care

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Oh LOrelle I am glad you are FINALLY getting over here to be with your pirate :) That's great news.

Kath - glad to hear everything is going well (With the SS exception - but they are never perfect)

Things here are fine. We have been super busy with family reunions, weddings, etc. My new job is excellent...glad to be here...trying to book these damn tickets for xmas - but I think I'm just going to wait it out. If I get them, I do, if I don't, i don't. not the end of the world if I don't go...you know?

Matt - any job news yet? I know you've been keeping SOMETHING under wraps for a while!!

STewart and the bank: He just left his money in his australian bank for when we go back. It's only a few thousand so it's not THAT much.

I'm no help!!

Good luck to everyone going through the process now!!!

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

hi all,

for the curious: i do have a new job but it hasn't been "confirmed" yet. when i get the nod i'll let you all know.

drum roll please...chanin and i are expecting a baby around mid january. :dance::dance::dance: yes, i know she is now 13+ weeks pregnant but we wanted to make sure everything was ok before we told everyone.

so that was the news i have been keeping under my hat. we have been having tests etc and in 2 weeks she has the amniocentesis test, which checks for autism (sp?), downs syndrome etc as well as being 99% accurate for the sex, which we will find out.

well, gotta go to work.

matt

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone's got one and they all stink!

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO Matt. Congratulations to you both.......wonderful news.

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

aussie aussie aussie .....OI OI OI!!!!!

fantastic news matt ..congrats to you an your wife...so happy for you two are we gunna be having a baby boom with all the aussies immigrating huh...lol

dont add me to the list plz lol....

now this is something to celebrate whooo hoooo good on ya mate!!!!

and cant wait for the other news of your new job either...

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Timeline

As my poll states - I am SO ready to be preggo!! BUT not for about two years I'd say...

I can't wait. I am really just so stoked for you Matt. What are you hoping for? Boy or girl?

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

thank you guys.

i'm hoping for a boy because i have two daughters with my first wife. but as long as it has all it's fingers and toes and is somewhat normal (unlike me :D ) i don't mind...but i really hope it's a boy.

chanin would like a girl (understandably) but she's not over fussed either.

matt

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone's got one and they all stink!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.