aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

WOW mara! Wth have they done to your files! They better expedite it after all the hooboo they put you all through!!

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meri

ps pkt 3 arrived on the 26th up to 10 days we were told ..CROSSING FINGERS he makes it here by april 25th!

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
ps pkt 3 arrived on the 26th up to 10 days we were told ..CROSSING FINGERS he makes it here by april 25th!

It takes up to 10 days for them to receive it or process it? It should only take a couple days to arrive .. I paid registered mail to make sure it got there in a couple days and that they had to sign for it ... Im still a bit paranoid about sending the original documents ... I still think its a bit rude to expect the originals if they dont give them back thats another $150 to add to already huge expense :( and I just replaced my birth certificate ..

He should get there by the 25th April Cham ... thats almost 2 months away ... youll be fine hon {{{HUGZ}}

Edited by AnnexoxShay

Today is the Tomorrow, you worried about Yesterday .....

05-Dec-04 Shay and I met online.

17-Feb-07 Shay came to visit me Australia for 5 and half wonderful weeks.

---

02-Oct-08 Shay lodged 1-129F

07-Oct-08 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA1 had been approved

07-Jan-09 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA2 had been approved

14-Jan-09 NVC notification recieved

29-Jan-09 I recieved pk 3 in the mail

29-Jan-09 I recieved passport in the mail

04-Feb-09 I went for my police check

20-Feb-09 medical

24-Feb-09 Picked up medical results *PASSED*

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

02-Mar-09 Embassy received pack 3

24-Mar-09 Interview @ 9.00am

!!!!!!!! VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!

27-Mar-09 Visa Arrives in Mail

---

14-Apr-09 Departing for the US

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Timeline

Thanks AnnexoxShay & Kath!

Im actually doing my medical here in Sydney. I phoned Dr Joseph Waks' office and the medical secretary sounded like she was unsure of the procedure as well, she told me I needed an ADT test :blink: until I called Dr Anthony Miller's office and the lady mentioned it was DPT (Diphtheria and tetanus).

I mentioned that I was pregnant and dont have my vaccination records and the secretary at Dr Miller's advised that I need DPT, MMR, Gaurdisil ? (cervical cancer shots), and chicken pox. I need to get a blood test to see if Im immune to these/have evidence of having done these. With the DPT its 3 shots and with the last shot being in the 10 years. If the last shot was more than 10 years ago then I would need to get a booster shot. With the Guardisil, I've taken all 3 shots and I just need to get a letter from my GP to state the dates each shot was taken. With the rest, she said because Im pregnant, do it anyway as it will be easier to do it here than in the US. Also regardless of pregnancy, the diphtheria I must do and that this is not contraindication.

And lastly, I wouldn't need to do the chest x-ray but I can waiver it and upon admission to the US I would need to get a TB skin test as well as the other vaccinations if necessary.

Yes, I need to take all my results to the examination as the lady did mention that it will cut down the cost.

Thanks again guys!

ROC Journey:-

05.11.2012 -- mail I-751 packet

05.14.2012 -- Packet arrived @ VSC

xx.xx.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1 dated 05.15.2012

05.31.2012 -- Biometric notice date

06.27.2012 -- Biometrics Taken

01.23.2013 -- Card Production Ordered.

01.28.2013 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

Timeline
WOW mara! Wth have they done to your files! They better expedite it after all the hooboo they put you all through!!

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meri

Im actually fairly certain at this stage that they used them for firewood during all that snow to keep themselves warm.....

I sent Chris all my paper work on Monday so it should make it too him the next day or so, he plans to mail our packet off complete with expedite request before the end of the week. Hopefully this time they will process it in the correct time-frame :(

We have to give up our summer wedding date this year though I thinks, Im just not confident in getting there perminately by the 22nd of August (considering that Im going to visit him till the 22nd of June) which is frustrating, but better in many ways. The reception centre is going to move the date for us free of charge as soon as we give them the green light. And it means my sister will be finished her military training well and truly so i will be able to have all 3 of my Bridesmaids. :) Gotta look on the bright side of everything.

I am really looking forward to going back to the states in a couple of weeks, and really looking forward to the fact that its is another 3 months of us living together which can only be a positive for our proof of relationship, and relationship itself (i am so looking forward to just being able to have a hug instead of saying "i could do with a hug" or sending *hugs* through chat and email lol).

I think that you and Kai will be fine meri and the wedding will go ahead as planned, we all expect pictures of the happily married couple btw :)

Mara

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Timeline

Im actually doing my medical here in Sydney. I phoned Dr Joseph Waks' office and the medical secretary sounded like she was unsure of the procedure as well, she told me I needed an ADT test :blink: until I called Dr Anthony Miller's office and the lady mentioned it was DPT (Diphtheria and tetanus).

I mentioned that I was pregnant and dont have my vaccination records and the secretary at Dr Miller's advised that I need DPT, MMR, Gaurdisil ? (cervical cancer shots), and chicken pox. I need to get a blood test to see if Im immune to these/have evidence of having done these. With the DPT its 3 shots and with the last shot being in the 10 years. If the last shot was more than 10 years ago then I would need to get a booster shot. With the Guardisil, I've taken all 3 shots and I just need to get a letter from my GP to state the dates each shot was taken. With the rest, she said because Im pregnant, do it anyway as it will be easier to do it here than in the US. Also regardless of pregnancy, the diphtheria I must do and that this is not contraindication.

And lastly, I wouldn't need to do the chest x-ray but I can waiver it and upon admission to the US I would need to get a TB skin test as well as the other vaccinations if necessary.

Yes, I need to take all my results to the examination as the lady did mention that it will cut down the cost.

Thanks again guys!

Aww thats Awesssome!! :D I didnt think they would make you wait ... I had read in another thread that they didnt make you wait but since it was a while back I couldnt remember which to go back and find for you to read and I didnt want to say one way or another incase I was wrong ...

Im waiting for my interview date and time and the nerves are starting up again ... its to soon to get a letter yet but the last 2 days Ive been anxiously waiting for the posty *sigh* Im seriously going to send myself nuts before all this is over ...

I did have a productive morning however .. I rang up the post office and found out about them holding my mail while in Sydney for a week ... A creepy guy has moved into unit 1 and Ive caught him going thru the mail boxes so I went and bought a padlock for mine but now Im paranoid I get important mail stolen so getting a request to hold from the post office is going to give me peace of mind and its only $12 for a week and $4 per week after ... I also rang the airlines, I want to take my computer tower and they told me it would be $160 for 23kg extra suitcase so I asked about the computer tower and they said another $160 :blink: so I started ringing some excess baggage companies and found one that seems reasonable ... The airline told me that even going over by 1kg in my luggage will incure the $160 kg excess fee .. HOW RUDE! Anyway lots of things to think about and stress over, its so becoming the norm for me that I wont know what to do with myself when I dont have anything to worry about anymore :lol:

---

20-Feb-09 medical

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

---

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Timeline

Thanks again guys!

Aww thats Awesssome!! :D I didnt think they would make you wait ... I had read in another thread that they didnt make you wait but since it was a while back I couldnt remember which to go back and find for you to read and I didnt want to say one way or another incase I was wrong ...

Im waiting for my interview date and time and the nerves are starting up again ... its to soon to get a letter yet but the last 2 days Ive been anxiously waiting for the posty *sigh* Im seriously going to send myself nuts before all this is over ...

I did have a productive morning however .. I rang up the post office and found out about them holding my mail while in Sydney for a week ... A creepy guy has moved into unit 1 and Ive caught him going thru the mail boxes so I went and bought a padlock for mine but now Im paranoid I get important mail stolen so getting a request to hold from the post office is going to give me peace of mind and its only $12 for a week and $4 per week after ... I also rang the airlines, I want to take my computer tower and they told me it would be $160 for 23kg extra suitcase so I asked about the computer tower and they said another $160 :blink: so I started ringing some excess baggage companies and found one that seems reasonable ... The airline told me that even going over by 1kg in my luggage will incure the $160 kg excess fee .. HOW RUDE! Anyway lots of things to think about and stress over, its so becoming the norm for me that I wont know what to do with myself when I dont have anything to worry about anymore :lol:

$160 for 1kg over!!!! thats nuts! Who were you looking at flying????

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/10/2009 Married

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Timeline
Im actually fairly certain at this stage that they used them for firewood during all that snow to keep themselves warm.....

I sent Chris all my paper work on Monday so it should make it too him the next day or so, he plans to mail our packet off complete with expedite request before the end of the week. Hopefully this time they will process it in the correct time-frame :(

We have to give up our summer wedding date this year though I thinks, Im just not confident in getting there perminately by the 22nd of August (considering that Im going to visit him till the 22nd of June) which is frustrating, but better in many ways. The reception centre is going to move the date for us free of charge as soon as we give them the green light. And it means my sister will be finished her military training well and truly so i will be able to have all 3 of my Bridesmaids. :) Gotta look on the bright side of everything.

I am really looking forward to going back to the states in a couple of weeks, and really looking forward to the fact that its is another 3 months of us living together which can only be a positive for our proof of relationship, and relationship itself (i am so looking forward to just being able to have a hug instead of saying "i could do with a hug" or sending *hugs* through chat and email lol).

I think that you and Kai will be fine meri and the wedding will go ahead as planned, we all expect pictures of the happily married couple btw :)

Mara

Ohh I hope they sort this mess out soon for you, its rediculous that you've had to wait like this :( Im sorry you've had to postpone your wedding plans :(

I miss Shay like mad ... end of this month is the 2 year anniversary of the last time we saw each other and its getting harder and harder now cause we are really starting to miss each other even worse then before, especially since things are getting so close! I hope its over soon I cant seem to keep my mind focused on anything at the moment and Im finding myself spending more time on VJ because least here I can see things are actually happening for others ...

The only saving grace for us is we have lots of daily talk time otherwise I think I would have gone mental by now if we only had yahoo chat and email like we did in the early days ...

All the flights Ive checked out are mostly Air Pacific... Quantas is way way to expensive ... the guy was exaggerating because they usually let you go over a little but they can charge you if they get a bug up there rear...

---

20-Feb-09 medical

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

---

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Air Pacific wouldn't be my first choice to fly with... Where in the States are you flying to? There are some really cheap fares on sale at the moment. V Australia is launching soon to give some competition to the existing carriers so a lot of them have come out with heavily discounted fares to compete with V's prices.

I suggest you have a look at Best Flights : http://www.bestflights.com.au/cgi-bin/202/flights?mainlist

For (non-fragile) bulky things that you don't need straight away I suggest slow boating them.. Brisbane - Seattle took about 10-11 weeks to arrive which isn't toooo slow

PS- you should get your originals back at the interview.. at least that's what they did with mine. birth certificate, marriage certificate, police certificates.. got them all back

And make sure you check your e-mail often too because that's how I got my interview notice. The email subject line is "Checklist for Day of Interview - Mail in apps.doc"

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Timeline

Thanks again guys!

Yeah thanks anyway... i wasn't sure either since there are several conflicting information on here as well but figured I'd ask anyway.

Goodluck on your interview!! I can imagine how nervous and stressing this is for you...as for me, being stressed out has become habitual :lol:

Good info there regarding the excess baggage. I sure would need approx another 2 more luggages now with the baby plus I also would want to bring my pc tower over there..

With the rest, she said because Im pregnant, do it anyway as it will be easier to do it here than in the US.

Ack I hope she is not suggesting a pregnant woman get the MMR shot because that is a BIG NO NO. That is such a careless thing for her to say... :blink:

For more info on what can and what shouldn't be given during pregnancy see: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/preg-guide.htm

Edited by kaffy

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Timeline

I have a return trip to the states come the end of this month, cost us $1000US, we booked through AA, so you fly qantas to LA, then AA the rest of the way, really good flight, tickets on the website are about 1400 AU so you should look them up.

Air pacific is rather painful, even if they are cheap....

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

10/10/2009 Married

Timeline
Air Pacific wouldn't be my first choice to fly with... Where in the States are you flying to? There are some really cheap fares on sale at the moment. V Australia is launching soon to give some competition to the existing carriers so a lot of them have come out with heavily discounted fares to compete with V's prices.

I suggest you have a look at Best Flights : http://www.bestflights.com.au/cgi-bin/202/flights?mainlist

For (non-fragile) bulky things that you don't need straight away I suggest slow boating them.. Brisbane - Seattle took about 10-11 weeks to arrive which isn't toooo slow

PS- you should get your originals back at the interview.. at least that's what they did with mine. birth certificate, marriage certificate, police certificates.. got them all back

And make sure you check your e-mail often too because that's how I got my interview notice. The email subject line is "Checklist for Day of Interview - Mail in apps.doc"

I agree here! Lots of airlines are very competitive at the moment and for the rest of the year, for that matter. I usually always go through www.expedia.com.au as they have really good prices. I'd rather fly with Air New Zealand than Air Pacific. Also, Air NZ recently had ridiculously cheap prices from Sydney to LA r/t $998 incl. taxes ...However, am not sure if that sale has ended.

Timeline
With the rest, she said because Im pregnant, do it anyway as it will be easier to do it here than in the US.

Ack I hope she is not suggesting a pregnant woman get the MMR shot because that is a BIG NO NO. That is such a careless thing for her to say... :blink:

For more info on what can and what shouldn't be given during pregnancy see: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/preg-guide.htm

That's what I thought but I was going to check with my family doctor about all this anyway - he's the best :D but thanks for that link - very informative for sure!!

Timeline

Mara

Ohh I hope they sort this mess out soon for you, its rediculous that you've had to wait like this :( Im sorry you've had to postpone your wedding plans :(

I miss Shay like mad ... end of this month is the 2 year anniversary of the last time we saw each other and its getting harder and harder now cause we are really starting to miss each other even worse then before, especially since things are getting so close! I hope its over soon I cant seem to keep my mind focused on anything at the moment and Im finding myself spending more time on VJ because least here I can see things are actually happening for others ...

The only saving grace for us is we have lots of daily talk time otherwise I think I would have gone mental by now if we only had yahoo chat and email like we did in the early days ...

All the flights Ive checked out are mostly Air Pacific... Quantas is way way to expensive ... the guy was exaggerating because they usually let you go over a little but they can charge you if they get a bug up there rear...

HOLEY COW!!! You havent seen each other in 2 years? That is just nuts, the most Chris and I have gone is 6 months and I was a horrible person to be around at the end of that....

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

10/10/2009 Married

You're welcome :D Good luck with your medical!

How's you're pregnancy going by the way? My SIL is due in 4 weeks and we had her baby shower this weekend. All this baby talk is driving my (clucky) crazy :lol:

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.