aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Another thing that is worrying me is the evidence of an ongoing relationship ... We have daily contact via phone and have keep records ... Usually we talk about 1.5- 2hours a day when his working and 3-4 hours a day on his days off .... Because we spend so much time on the phone we've never really had a need to send each other emails or letters .... I have a stack of birthday, valantine and christmas cards ... Obviously we have a lot of picture from when he came to Oz for 5.5 weeks and Im planning to burn those to disc to take with me alone with half a dozen or so developed ones ... Is this going to be enough evidence?

I'm sure that's fine-- My husband and I mostly spoke via MSN, we had little phone records and several trips. They didnt even look at the evidence in Sydney, never even asked for it. Sydney is a very easy going consulate.

Ohhh Im sure we will be fine, we have phone records going back clear into Dec '04 ... Shay was very thorough when he was putting together the I-129F and I think were going to end up with a lot of duplicate evidence but ahhh well ... I was actually looking at the copy of the pack that he was suppose to send back a copy to me for the interview, I think he included about 12+ photos and a couple of the people who wrote letters for us included pics also ... he also included receipts for flowers and fruit basket he had sent to me from my last birthday... they were absolutely gorgeous! (L) I wish I had thought to take a pic of them ...

Im not concerned about the interview, which is surprising ... Im usually a bundle of nerves about that sort of thing ...

Im more worried about this medical on friday :unsure: actually scared shirtless is probably a more acurate way of looking at it ... Im worried about my weight being an issue and Im worried about my skin condition, I havent read anything that indicates those things being a problem but its still making me worried ... the rest of the tests Im not worried about at all ... Im going to take a list of my medication to the medical and hope its kewl...

The other thing Im concerned about is my pack 3 ... Ive done all the requirements and pretty much have everything I need plus photocopies that they listed needed to be included ... Im still waiting for the pack with the affidavit to arrive, it should be here any day ... But the directions say to include all the original documents, that makes me a little nervous because its pricey to replace them and they can take a week or two to get if I dont get them back or they are lost ...

Im also nervous about the police report getting to the embassy, I still havent received notification that its completed and forwarded to the embassy ... Unfortunately in Qld you dont get the report yourself it gets forwarded to the embassy on your behalf ...

Today is the Tomorrow, you worried about Yesterday .....

05-Dec-04 Shay and I met online.

17-Feb-07 Shay came to visit me Australia for 5 and half wonderful weeks.

---

02-Oct-08 Shay lodged 1-129F

07-Oct-08 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA1 had been approved

07-Jan-09 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA2 had been approved

14-Jan-09 NVC notification recieved

29-Jan-09 I recieved pk 3 in the mail

29-Jan-09 I recieved passport in the mail

04-Feb-09 I went for my police check

20-Feb-09 medical

24-Feb-09 Picked up medical results *PASSED*

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

02-Mar-09 Embassy received pack 3

24-Mar-09 Interview @ 9.00am

!!!!!!!! VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!

27-Mar-09 Visa Arrives in Mail

---

14-Apr-09 Departing for the US

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
"COMPLETE AND RETURN WITH YOUR DOCUMENTS THE FORM DSL-1076 & THIS CHECKLIST."

Despite the above, I've seen on a similar post regarding the Sydney consulate saying not to go by what that says on the paperwork and to bring the originals in to the interview ????

Can any one who's recently sent in a packet 3 and gotten interview elaborate on this as we're really confused now??

Thanks,

Shane

Yeah, Im worried about that to ... I should have my medical results back by Wed, Thurs and I want to mail off immediately and Im not sure what we are suppose to do either ... when Ive looked I seem to be getting conflicting info .... I just replaced my birth cert because it was pulling apart at the fold line and it had to be taped together ... cost me $52 for the new one I dont want to have to go replace it again if its lost or misplaced etc ...

I thought of sending them the old one but then I risk them rejecting it because it is damaged ...

They also require marriage and divorce decree ... now that something you dont want to loose and because I got divorced in '02 I cant get mine replace for $15 .. Ill have to pay $48 because everything before '02 is archived and they have to do a search to find it ...

Arrgh what a headache!

Edited by AnnexoxShay

---

20-Feb-09 medical

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

---

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Im also nervous about the police report getting to the embassy, I still havent received notification that its completed and forwarded to the embassy ... Unfortunately in Qld you dont get the report yourself it gets forwarded to the embassy on your behalf ...

Call them and they will tell you when it was completed and sent to the Consulate (i think it's a 38 something number). When I rang to inquire about mine I found out that it was finished about a week after I applied for it which is pretty quick i reckon

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

I need to rant :(

In my experience DIAC (department of immi and citizenship in Aust) is faaaar worse than USCIS.

Earlier in the month I tried to contact the Brisbane office as I had a few inquiries about our upcoming second stage processing for my husband's spousal visa. I couldn't find a direct +61 7 number to dial (they only list a 13 number which I can't dial) so I sent them an email asking them to give me their direct number. They responded with some silly excuse that they could help with my inquiry via email so that I didn't have to spend money on an expensive phone call. Fine, whatever, so I emailed them the questions I had.

Now 2 weeks and a bunch of misdirected emails later I find out that some doofus updated our mailing address incorrectly on the system (I sent the change of address form to them last October) and a package of documents they were said to have mailed out to us in January went to that address (which doesnt exist). Blah! I responded back immediately asking them to correct the mistake and re-send the documents to us.. that was 3 days ago and the only correspondance I have received so far was them wanting to reconfirm my name and DOB - uhmmm.. couldnt you just scroll up the email and read it from there?!

So much for them wanting to save me money on a phone call (not expensive by the way since I have skype). The time I have had to spend chasing these monkeys up has cost me far more than ONE telephone call which could have easily resolved the issues!

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Oh dear.. whoever did the address update made a huge mistake. Not only did they get the house number wrong (they put 3992 when it should be 3922)... they got the entire country wrong all together!

I just found out the documents were sent to WESTERN AUSTRALIA!??!

erm.. shouldnt the 5 digit zip code and the letters "USA" tell you that it's not in Australia?

:rolleyes::jest:

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Don't panic about the medical, I think it's more about any of the nasties like tuberculosis or HIV, the doc I saw seemed friendly enough and didn't mention any of the things I was worried about.

Apart from going up the road to get blood drawn and xrays taken, they just seem to take a history, and tick off the boxes on the report, give you a quick once over pressing your belly (nothing like a smear, which I was pleased about) although he noted height and weight and blood pressure no mention was made about it. He also gave me a tetanus shot that he felt I needed, but all the others he signed off on. The hardest part was running back out to find a shop to take more photos for my son!

Now it was a while ago and I may have forgotten some, but really it isnt so bad, until you pay the bill that is.

good luck... you will be fine

Another thing that is worrying me is the evidence of an ongoing relationship ... We have daily contact via phone and have keep records ... Usually we talk about 1.5- 2hours a day when his working and 3-4 hours a day on his days off .... Because we spend so much time on the phone we've never really had a need to send each other emails or letters .... I have a stack of birthday, valantine and christmas cards ... Obviously we have a lot of picture from when he came to Oz for 5.5 weeks and Im planning to burn those to disc to take with me alone with half a dozen or so developed ones ... Is this going to be enough evidence?

I'm sure that's fine-- My husband and I mostly spoke via MSN, we had little phone records and several trips. They didnt even look at the evidence in Sydney, never even asked for it. Sydney is a very easy going consulate.

Ohhh Im sure we will be fine, we have phone records going back clear into Dec '04 ... Shay was very thorough when he was putting together the I-129F and I think were going to end up with a lot of duplicate evidence but ahhh well ... I was actually looking at the copy of the pack that he was suppose to send back a copy to me for the interview, I think he included about 12+ photos and a couple of the people who wrote letters for us included pics also ... he also included receipts for flowers and fruit basket he had sent to me from my last birthday... they were absolutely gorgeous! (L) I wish I had thought to take a pic of them ...

Im not concerned about the interview, which is surprising ... Im usually a bundle of nerves about that sort of thing ...

Im more worried about this medical on friday :unsure: actually scared shirtless is probably a more acurate way of looking at it ... Im worried about my weight being an issue and Im worried about my skin condition, I havent read anything that indicates those things being a problem but its still making me worried ... the rest of the tests Im not worried about at all ... Im going to take a list of my medication to the medical and hope its kewl...

The other thing Im concerned about is my pack 3 ... Ive done all the requirements and pretty much have everything I need plus photocopies that they listed needed to be included ... Im still waiting for the pack with the affidavit to arrive, it should be here any day ... But the directions say to include all the original documents, that makes me a little nervous because its pricey to replace them and they can take a week or two to get if I dont get them back or they are lost ...

2004 K-1 Visa Service Center : Texas Service Center Consulate : Sydney, Australia Sep 22: I-129F Sent Approved in 89 days. Apr 4: Interview took 194 days from filing. Apr 13: LAX POE Date Marriage 5 July 2005

2005 Adjustment of Status CIS Office Aug 5: Miami FL Date Filed Aug 12: NOA Date : 2005-08-12 Aug 17: chq cashed Bio. Appt. 2006 May 2: Interview Date June 6: Interview Cancelled T'fer to CSC May 26 2006 - June 10: Approval Date : 2006-6-10 July 21: Greencard Received

2006 July 21 06 GREENCARD

2008 I751 Application sent Mar 10: Texas Service Center Mar 14: Check cashed

April 17: Infopass at Miami for 1 year extension stamp in passport due to no NOA

April 22: Biometrics - took 15 minutes April 22/23: Touched both days but no changes

2009 Feb 04 10 Year GREENCARD

Timeline
Oh dear.. whoever did the address update made a huge mistake. Not only did they get the house number wrong (they put 3992 when it should be 3922)... they got the entire country wrong all together!

I just found out the documents were sent to WESTERN AUSTRALIA!??!

erm.. shouldnt the 5 digit zip code and the letters "USA" tell you that it's not in Australia?

:rolleyes::jest:

Ohhh good lord, you cant be serious! :lol: gawd how dumb can you get ... I hope you sort all this drama out very soon ... ijits! :blink:

Call them and they will tell you when it was completed and sent to the Consulate (i think it's a 38 something number). When I rang to inquire about mine I found out that it was finished about a week after I applied for it which is pretty quick i reckon

Yup, yup ... I had a look at the receipt and its only been 2 weeks + couple days ... Wednesday will be the 3 weeks I was told it would take ... if I dont get the notification by then I will ring them ... More the point Im getting a tooth extracted on Monday and last time I was a mess for 2 days after ... Medical centre said I can pick up my results on Wednesday and I want to mail everything on Thursday as long as I know its done and forwarded to the Embassy all is good ...

Don't panic about the medical, I think it's more about any of the nasties like tuberculosis or HIV, the doc I saw seemed friendly enough and didn't mention any of the things I was worried about.

Wooohooo ... its done! ...

:blush: I worked myself up to such a state that I was unable to pee!!! not only was it embarrassing but distressing! the three receptionists were all in on it and were encouraging me to relax and offering me more water etc .... I finally settled down enough when I went off the Xray and bloodtest and by the time I returned I was able to ...

Apart from that the medical was fine.. the doctor was very nice and I felt very comfortable with him ... I passed everything with him no probs and he told me that he had pass me for that part of the medical and gave me my vaccinations before I left to get the xray and bloodtest .... TB test came back clear, the lady was very nice and we had a nice chat about her brother that married an American lady and is living in the states now ... So all I need to do is wait for the bloodtest and Urine tests now ... Since humans dont have a gestation period off two+ years its highly unlikely Im pregnant and Im not a drug user and have never been, Im not worried about the Urine test ... the bloodtest Im not even giving that a second thought ... I think I can safely say I passed :D

Edited by AnnexoxShay

---

20-Feb-09 medical

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

---

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

whoo hooo!!!

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Timeline

I HAVE 2 QUESTIONS LOL

Does the medicals get sent to the embassy OR to Kais P.O. Box???? ALSO he sent in the papers for the interview. Does anyone know WHEN he might get one and how far do they give you it. Lets say they recieved it today, will it be in the next few weeks?????

Thanks!!

meri

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline
I HAVE 2 QUESTIONS LOL

Does the medicals get sent to the embassy OR to Kais P.O. Box???? ALSO he sent in the papers for the interview. Does anyone know WHEN he might get one and how far do they give you it. Lets say they recieved it today, will it be in the next few weeks?????

Thanks!!

meri

Hey :) In Queensland we get the medical result sent to us ( I dont know about other states) ... they actually recommended I come in and pick mine up myself, they said they would call me when the blood/urine tests were done, most prob Wednesday or Thursday .... Then Im suppose to send the originals off to the Embassy with the rest of the Pack 3 requirements ...

The interview is usually scheduled within a month of them receiving all the stuff from pack 3 .... He'll most probably get an interview a few days before me, Im still waiting for Shays package to arrive with the Affidavit etc that I need to include .. Im so hoping it will arrive by Thursday morning so I can mail Thursday afternoon or Friday.

---

20-Feb-09 medical

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

---

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Yup, in Brisbane I went to pick up my results in person... in an unsealed brown envelope and they had instructions to make copies of everything in there before passing them onto the Consulate.

As far as an interview time goes, it depends on how long it is taking them to process the documents. Last July when I sent in my stuff they said it was taking them 2-3 weeks to review documents and schedule interview. My timeline should have the specific dates just to give you an idea..

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Timeline

As long as he is home before april 25th THATS our wedding!!!!

Doc waks called told him to pick up meds on interview date so they dont get bet

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Just posting Update ....

I just got a call from the Medical centre ... My results are all back soo Im going to head off in a bit to go pick them up .... I also rang the police about my Police Check/ Report and it was completed on the 11/2 and forwarded to the Embassy .... All Im waiting for is Shays Affidavit now ... Im praying it arrives within the next day or 2 I want to mail everything off by Friday...

Cham youll be fine! Kai should get his interview by the end of March and be heading of anytime after that :D

---

20-Feb-09 medical

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

---

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Timeline

Posting another Update

Shay and I spent a good portion of last nights call making some decisions .... We had decided a while back to have an informal church wedding and go off to Reno for 5-6 days ...

Apart from that we didnt have any other definate plans ...

Last night we actually ordered our wedding rings online and decided we would set the 2nd of May as our wedding ... if time gets tight 16th of May is an alternative but we both like the 2nd better ....

We also decided we are going to have an early morning wedding and have a brunch at the local gardens ... Shays mission today is to find out what is required and the cost ... otherwise we will do it at home instead ...

Were keeping it very small about 20-30 people .. Mainly family and close friends ...

Since its going to be informal, I have no intentions of wearing a fru fru wedding dress, rather a nice outfit ... Ive been looking and looking and I hate this years fashions, they look like something my grandma would wear... Im sure Ill find something in the next few weeks but going into winter certainly limits options ...

He also ordered his new duplicate Credit Card in my future name ... his like, thats ok isnt it? Im like sure but whyd you do that ... his like we'll we have the AOS and that would be one thing towards evidence of a bona fide relationship .. Isnt he an angel?! His honestly the most thoughtful, caring, adorably sweet people Ive ever met... I feel soo lucky to have met him! and even luckier he feels the same way I feel about him (L)

---

20-Feb-09 medical

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

---

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Timeline

OMG! his package arrived today!!!! Ill be able to photocopy and mail everything tomorrow ... :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

OMG his gonna freak when I tell him!

Breath Baby, Breath :lol:

OK, I got to go for a walk and settle before Im sick! :lol:

---

20-Feb-09 medical

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

---

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.