aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

You can specify on the form which address you want it sent to. Whether his or the consulate's- it's his choice. I had it sent to them just so it would save me trouble on mailing it.. but if you want to get it done ahead of time go ahead and have it sent to him. Just make sure he doesnt open it or else it becomes invalid. He should receive it back after/at his interview because they returned both of mine to me (Aus & Japanese police certificates)

does it come in some special packaging or something? what shouldn't you open exactly that would make it invalid?

It comes in an envelope. Not sure about the Australian once since I had it sent to the Consulate, but the Japanese one I picked up myself in person and it said clearly that "Japanese Police Certificates are sealed. If the seal is broken, the certificate is no longer valid. Do not open the certificate prior to submission to the Embassy/Consulate."

I guess they don't want the results to be tampered with, etc

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi ya paul

how u going..soo good to see ya mate...wow times flies huh lol good to hear life is going well for you and cheryl and that your working ...

below is the link you need for removal of conditions form mate..its the I-751 also you have the misfortune of going through vermont service centre mate...susan has been waiting for ages for hers to be approved...but at least you get the 1 year extension from them..which you have to show your employer when it gets close to your greencard expiring...

and the Filing Fee is $465 (plus $80 biometric service fee)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS FORM

hope to see ya again in here...talk soon

kath

hi annax

take a look at the link below..it is the sydney consulate website..on the right there are all kinds of information that might help you..

when i did my police check i waited till i got my approval (only to make sure we were approved first before spending any great amounts of money)..made my appointment in melbourne..had both hand laser fingerprinted and waited till it was sent out to me...i am not sure how it si worked out now a days ...but if you contact the consulate via email im sure they could set you straight on the procedure...

hope it helps in some small way..

SYDNEY CONSULATE WEBSITE

kath

Edited by Kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Filed: Timeline

I have a question regarding DS-230.

Where it asks for places you have lived for over 6 months do you have to put like every suburb you have lived in Sydney? I mean I have more than will fit on the form....lol

Was thinkign maybe should just put Sydney instead of every suburb.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

hiya

yes put every address since the age they require make sure you go as far back as they ask because they will only send it back to you for more information..if you haven't got anymore room continue them on another sheet..

also write near the question on DS-230 continued on seperate sheet .. something like that..

i had the same problem and i typed out the rest with the heading of what question number it was and the title of the question then numbered them..

then on a cover sheet let them know there is a continuation of that question number...

good luck and glad you found the thread..

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

hi goonlurka

your quite welcome also ..take a look at my post with the consulate website attached..regarding medical and police check

also you can get blood tests done at your local GP and charged to medicare...look up what you need to be tested for..get a copy of the results from your doctor signed and also keep your blood test receipts to take with you to your medical..

also take a look at the embassey information section on VJ ...it lists medical examiners and anything you might need to know also..

hiya kaffy...hope all is well ...

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

hiya

found this the other day and forgot to post it for you guys to look at..this only refers to the visa waiver program but as many of you who aren't here permantly as yet you still come here to visit...and also for those of us who have relatives and children who come to visit too..

New Entry Requirements to the USA

Effective from 12 January, 2009, the US Department of Homeland Security will introduce new immigration procedures for all passengers intending to enter the USA.

Under the new procedures, travellers wishing to visit the USA under the Visa Waiver Programme – which includes passport holders from Australia and New Zealand – will be required to “pre-register” their intention to enter America at least 72 hours prior to their scheduled departure.

This requires all intending travellers to apply online to the Department of Homeland Security for a travel authorisation, prior to boarding an aircraft or vessel to the USA.

Travellers who do not apply for and receive a formal travel authorisation ahead of their intended departure date will not be able to board a flight or ship to the USA.

This is not a regulation created by airlines. It is a requirement of the US Government, and unfortunately, where passengers do not have a travel authorisation, airline check in staff will not be able to resolve the problem. Nor will the airlines be liable for any costs or cancellation penalties or inconvenience where travellers do not have a travel authorisation, and are not permitted to travel.

To apply on line for a US Travel Authorisation, visit https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta. The application is free of charge and takes approximately 10 minutes to complete. It is valid for two years for holders of a valid passport.

Once a travel authorisation is sought and obtained, passengers must update their travel plans on line for subsequent visits to the USA, quoting their travel authorisation number.

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

hiya

found this the other day and forgot to post it for you guys to look at..this only refers to the visa waiver program but as many of you who aren't here permantly as yet you still come here to visit...and also for those of us who have relatives and children who come to visit too..

Effective from 12 January, 2009, the US Department of Homeland Security will introduce new immigration procedures for all passengers intending to enter the USA.

Under the new procedures, travellers wishing to visit the USA under the Visa Waiver Programme – which includes passport holders from Australia and New Zealand – will be required to “pre-register” their intention to enter America at least 72 hours prior to their scheduled departure.

This requires all intending travellers to apply online to the Department of Homeland Security for a travel authorisation, prior to boarding an aircraft or vessel to the USA.

Travellers who do not apply for and receive a formal travel authorisation ahead of their intended departure date will not be able to board a flight or ship to the USA.

This is not a regulation created by airlines. It is a requirement of the US Government, and unfortunately, where passengers do not have a travel authorisation, airline check in staff will not be able to resolve the problem. Nor will the airlines be liable for any costs or cancellation penalties or inconvenience where travellers do not have a travel authorisation, and are not permitted to travel.

To apply on line for a US Travel Authorisation, visit https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta. The application is free of charge and takes approximately 10 minutes to complete. It is valid for two years for holders of a valid passport.

Once a travel authorisation is sought and obtained, passengers must update their travel plans on line for subsequent visits to the USA, quoting their travel authorisation number.

take care

kath

Does this apply to our fiances as well? Or is coming over on the K-1 a different situation?

s41029cb120113_1_0.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
hiya

take care

kath

Does this apply to our fiances as well? Or is coming over on the K-1 a different situation?

was wondering the same thing...never mind I reread it HAHAH...visa waiver only

Edited by Cham

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

hiya

the way i read it ..is for the people who are coming over to the states for a visit...when i came over on the k-1 visa

i filled out a different form before landing...so i reckon this does not apply to the k-1 visa...the visa we all go for is for permanent residency not to visit....

if you are worried on it...email the consulate...but im pretty sure they wil give you the same answer..

i posted this for the ones that are travelling between getting their visa....sorry if i confused anyone...just thought it

was a good bit of information to post...

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

Just wanted to say hello and offer anyone waiting for their K1 some encouragement. My American fiance and I started the K1 application at the end of May 2008 and just yesterday, the 18th of November 2008, I was accepted for the K1 visa at my interview at the Sydney Consulate.

Thanks to all the help, information, guides and flow charts etc on this website the process has been incredibly painless and has taken a total of less than six months. I moved quickly on the paperwork whenever something was required from me but I could have done it even faster (almost a month faster) if I had been even better organised.

So now I am just waiting for my K1 visa to come to me in the mail, then I book a one way ticket for mid January 2009 and I give my work my notice of resignation.

I do have one question though if anybody knows: once I fly to the U.S., get married and apply for the AOS, can I study at a U.S. university whilst I am awaiting the AOS?

I-129F sent to Vermont: Late May 2008

NOA1 received: 17 June 2008

NOA2 received: 2 September 2008

Receive NOA2 about 3 1/2 months after sending

NVC received:

NVC left:

Consulate Received:

Packet 3 sent: 22 October 2008

Interview date: 18 November 2008

Visa approved: 18 November 2008

Arrive in U.S.: 20 January 2009

Marry Fiance: 26 January 2009

Mailed AOS: 7 February 2009

AOS application received by USCIS: 9 February 2009

NOA for AOS/EAD/AP sent from USCIS: 12 February 2009

Biometrics appointment received: 23 February 2009

Biometrics Appointment: 7 March 2009

Interview for AOS: 28 May 2009

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey Kath,

I just checked the processing times for Vermont and they have updated! It now says processing applications December 30 2007 which means hopefully they are 2 months from mine. :unsure: (end of February mine was received). Still think you will hear something before me but we will see.

Wanted to ask you which website you found the info about the changes to the VWP because some family members are travelling to the USA in April next year and I would like to let her know. Unfortunately they are not visiting us.......staying on the west coast which is disappointing..oh well.

Hi to everyone else and hope it's all smooth sailing in your journeys! :)

Susan

hiya susan

well i was looking at flights (bestflights.com.au) as you do lol and came across a link stating the above for new u.s. waiver tourists...

but i had seen this in july/august on the u.s. sydney consulate website ...so i thought seeing i found it again i would copy and paste it for the aussies to know about...

shame ya they aren't coming to visit mate......was great talking to you last week..will ring ya soon...and on ya 10 year greencard who knows with uscis what the hell will happen mate..but i do hope you get approved first...did you get my email about that thread i found about the what happens when your 1 year extension expire question mate..

hi ya sydneytowaco

welcome to the thread...and thanks for sharing...to your question .. i have seen this asked before in other post on vj

from what i understand and i might be wrong.. it has alot to do with A. your state..and B. if you need a greencard to enrol..and i think it has to do with residency for your fees too...

what i would do is get your fiance to contact your the uni that your interested in and ask this question...or go online to see if that question is covered..they might have an email address where you could also contact them...

you could do a search on vj to find the posts mate...

i know i wasnt much of a help...and i dont know of any other aussie have gone to uni while waiting for their greencard...

take care

kath

ps if ya wondering what im doing up at 3.30am...i have just sat and watched with my husband the auto industry big 3 at the washington...3 hours...in between each person that spoke my hubby was either pausing it and putting his 10 bobs worth in or shouting at them lol...if ya dont know my hub works for jeep..i am so tired now lol..and then we went to the u.s. senate taping and it was fun fast forwarding those people...quite funny..lol...

edited to say blimey i forgot to adjust my times on here for daylight savings lol :whistle:

Edited by Kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all!! (or hi to those who remember me...Kath?)

Just wanted to pop in to say hello to anyone who is still around! Stewart and I are still doing just great. We've filed for removal of conditions and expect to hear in about a month. We filed right after new year last year, so any longer and our one-year extension will have expired!! In January, Stewart is also filing for naturalization! Yay! Time has FLOWN as we are celebrating our three year wedding anniversary in December. How crazy is that? I hope everyone here is doing well, even those of you who are just beginning your journies!! Good luck - it's WORTH IT!!!

Much Love to all,

Caroline and STewart

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

hi ya caroline

course i rememer you mate...

how time flies wow 3 years ..i remember when you got married ... i was reading somewhere it the extension letter pertains to a year after your greencard expires..so mine expired in october 25th 2008 but the extension wont run out till oct 2009 ...

great that stewart is applying for naturalisation...i still havent figured that part out as yet ..basically i want 10 years worth of my money i spent on getting it lol...if ya get me ...

all is well in ohio winter is coming once again...i was just getting use to sunshine lol...suppose we shouldnt grumble we did have an extended summer really...just hope winter dont do the same thing to us lol..

lovely to see you and hear all is well ...happy anniversary if we dont see ya again for awhile ...

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.