aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

I'm done with the medical part...now on to the home stretch!

The medical was painless and quick. Dr. Miller is one very busy man! I got there half an hour early and Joan went through my paperwork making sure everything was in order. It was handy to have that extra time to sort through it and have it explained to me :)

I went in, the Dr. asked me some questions, did some stamping and then I laid down on the examining table and he took my blood pressure, listened to my heart and that was it! Done, all paperwork signed.

The last bit was Joan putting all the documents in the order that the Consulate apparently like to have it. She advised me not to unravel it and if I do, to put it back the way it was :D Joan is definitely on the ball with this one! She wished me good luck and left the clinic.

We're hoping to send off the interview form tomorrow and wait for a date. I'm seriously asking Santa for Zach and I to find out our interview date BEFORE Christmas. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will happen by mid-January!!!!

Before I go, with the Affidavit of Support, Zach mentioned that he read somewhere that the form needs to be verified by a USCIS agent? Is this correct?

Good luck with everybody as they go through the process. HD, all the best with your medical too!

Congrats Pat! Did they do your x-rays on the same day?

I had my medical lined up for Monday, but I'm going to have to postpone as Fed-ex could not guarantee 2 days international delivery at this time of the year apparently.. all they could guarantee was 5 days!

I am going to have to take my medical right before I get on the plane to Hawaii. not at all happy because the medical office told me they are closing from 21st - 14th Jan!! So my papers will sit there over the whole xmas holiday! :angry:

My interview in Sydney is on Jan 22nd. I am really considering writing to the consulate and asking them to re-schedule me.. but not really sure what to do..

Hubby's application for naturalisation submitted: 2006-01-05

Married in Melbourne: 2006-06-11

I-130 submitted: 2006/07/01

My interview in Sydney! APPROVED!!! 2008-01-22

Entry to the US: 2008-03-17

File for removal of conditions: 2009-12-17

Fingerprinting/biometrics: 2010-01-22

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline
Hello all,

I hope that you are all doing well! Sorry that Loke and I have not been around much, but life has been so full now that we are finally together. We have our interview set for January 11th and I am starting to get nervous. I keep asking myself dumb questions like "What if they ask me his birthday and I royally screw it up because of the difference in days"

I always mess his birthday up because I programmed myself to tell him happy birthday a day earlier so I would never miss it lol. Anyway I know I will be okay and this is normal.

I hope you are all doing well *hugs*

~ Rings

Heya Rings!

Goodluck with the interview :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

The medical was painless and quick. Dr. Miller is one very busy man! I got there half an hour early and Joan went through my paperwork making sure everything was in order. It was handy to have that extra time to sort through it and have it explained to me :)

I went in, the Dr. asked me some questions, did some stamping and then I laid down on the examining table and he took my blood pressure, listened to my heart and that was it! Done, all paperwork signed.

The last bit was Joan putting all the documents in the order that the Consulate apparently like to have it. She advised me not to unravel it and if I do, to put it back the way it was :D Joan is definitely on the ball with this one! She wished me good luck and left the clinic.

We're hoping to send off the interview form tomorrow and wait for a date. I'm seriously asking Santa for Zach and I to find out our interview date BEFORE Christmas. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will happen by mid-January!!!!

Before I go, with the Affidavit of Support, Zach mentioned that he read somewhere that the form needs to be verified by a USCIS agent? Is this correct?

Good luck with everybody as they go through the process. HD, all the best with your medical too!

Hi! It says on the Affidavit of Support instructions that the form needs to be sworn before a USCIS officer OR a notary public. USCIS does it for free, notary public there is a charge - I called a place today though and they said it's only $5. I hope you find out about your interview date before Xmas too! Then, I'm only a couple weeks behind you :dance:

My K-1 Timeline!

05-2005 Steve and I met while I was studying abroad in Australia

2005-2007 Visits back and forth

06-29-2007 Proposal!!

07-09-2007 I-129F sent to VSC

07-11-2007 I-129F received by VSC

07-13-2007 NOA1

11-26-2007 NOA2 via USCIS website!!!

11-29-2007 Case sent to Sydney from NVC

11-30-2007 NOA2 hardcopy received

12-04-2007 Case received by consulate in Sydney

12-12-2007 Received Packet 3

01-02-2008 Sent Packet 3

01-15-2008 Received Packet 4

01-30-2008 Interview - approved!!!!!!

02-01-2008 Visa delivered!

02-18-2008 US Entry (JFK)

04-19-2008 WEDDING!!

pAZVm5.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hi! It says on the Affidavit of Support instructions that the form needs to be sworn before a USCIS officer OR a notary public. USCIS does it for free, notary public there is a charge - I called a place today though and they said it's only $5. I hope you find out about your interview date before Xmas too! Then, I'm only a couple weeks behind you :dance:

Thanks, Jenny. I really hope that a JP here in Australia will do because if we have to wait for Zach to get back to the US, that will not be until late Dec and we can't wait that long before we can send the ready for interview form.

swagbucks-173x63.jpg

Hi Everyone,

Quick question.

When a K3 visa is received at the Consulate (not that I have one yet....lol), does the 2 years of its validity start from then or when the K3 visa recipient arrives in the U.S? I realise you have to use it within 6 months but does that 2 years begin from consulate approval or POE?

Cheers,

Peta

CR-1/IR-1 Journey for Self

12th April 08 - Married in Australia

21st April 08 - Mailed off I-130 but with incorrect title on cheques

30th April 08 - USCIS returned petitions requesting correct title on cheques

2nd May 08 - Mailed out I-130s again! Finally on our way!!!

9th May 08 - NOA-1

7th Nov 08 - Tranferred to CSC

4th Dec 08 - Approved!!!

22nd Dec 08 - NVC # assigned

23rd June 09 - Case Complete at NVC (We slowed down the process on purpose to time interview accordingly)

18th August 09 - Medical

25th August 09 - Interview Date - Approved!!!

19th February 10 - POE L.A (No dramas, just SLOW)

2nd March 10 - Welcome to America Letter

Hi there...

Well I'm back to the vaccination questions.

My immunity results came back for most of the things they tested on the list. I have had boosters for MMR, TD and Hep B. I am immune to varicella (chicken pox) so I didnt need that.

But I am still waiting on the immunity results for Polio, influenza and pneumoncoccal. After 2 weeks I keep calling and calling and STILL I get the same answer. "It's not back yet"..

So I really need to worry about these? According to the table on the London US gov website they are not applicable to a 28 year old? But I am stil freaking out thinking maybe I should just go and get the boosters to cover myself anyway.

Am I stressing over nothing? Any advice?

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline
Hi there...

Well I'm back to the vaccination questions.

My immunity results came back for most of the things they tested on the list. I have had boosters for MMR, TD and Hep B. I am immune to varicella (chicken pox) so I didnt need that.

But I am still waiting on the immunity results for Polio, influenza and pneumoncoccal. After 2 weeks I keep calling and calling and STILL I get the same answer. "It's not back yet"..

So I really need to worry about these? According to the table on the London US gov website they are not applicable to a 28 year old? But I am stil freaking out thinking maybe I should just go and get the boosters to cover myself anyway.

Am I stressing over nothing? Any advice?

I think for your age you don't need that many. I'm 29yrs and the only thing I remember getting from childhood was the reubella shot and when I had my medical I only needed one more which the doctor made an appointment with somone in the city (just a few streets away) straight after my appointment with him so it was too easy.

Hi Everyone,

Quick question.

When a K3 visa is received at the Consulate (not that I have one yet....lol), does the 2 years of its validity start from then or when the K3 visa recipient arrives in the U.S? I realise you have to use it within 6 months but does that 2 years begin from consulate approval or POE?

Cheers,

Peta

I don't know Peta but I would guess it starts from when you arrive in the States - POE.

Anyone else....?

Hi Pat - i was just wondering - how long will it take you to receive the medical report you will take to the interview? Or did you get all of this on the day?

Just wondering what the turn around time is like as I have a rather tight deadline with the Christmas break coming up..

Also did you need to get any additonal vaccinations? I have had Hep B, TD and MMR and I have documents to say I'm immune to Chicken Pox!

Did you need to get the shots for Influenza, polio and pnemococcal too? Or did they ignore these completely because according to that age chart they are not required?

Thanks and sorry for so may questions all.. I am really stressed because I have the last appointment before the panel physician closes for the holidays and there is only a 2 week gap between when they re open and my interview date!

hi hd

Go by the chart mate...if you dont need it by your age group dont get it unless you really feel you need it...the medical examiner also goes by this chart ...

when i went to the doctor in melbourne it only took like a week...you could if your worried about it get it posted to say your mothers house while your away....also ask for a copy of the medical for your own records...

you will do fine..i know its a stressful time getting this done and get ready for your visit but take it easy mate...

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

HD,

I am no expert in this area but I've started making some early enquiries in terms of the vaccinations. I recently asked Nurses at work (I work in Mental Health) about the requirement list of vaccinations. I was told by them and by my GP recently, that the Influenza shot is only given seasonly and that the pnemococcal is only given to infants and older, fragile people (over 65). As for polio, most Aussie children would have been immunized in their youth - remember SABIN? that revolting drop of liquid on a spoon? I can still taste it......lol

Let us know how things go.....

Peta :-)

Hi Pat - i was just wondering - how long will it take you to receive the medical report you will take to the interview? Or did you get all of this on the day?

Just wondering what the turn around time is like as I have a rather tight deadline with the Christmas break coming up..

Also did you need to get any additonal vaccinations? I have had Hep B, TD and MMR and I have documents to say I'm immune to Chicken Pox!

Did you need to get the shots for Influenza, polio and pnemococcal too? Or did they ignore these completely because according to that age chart they are not required?

Thanks and sorry for so may questions all.. I am really stressed because I have the last appointment before the panel physician closes for the holidays and there is only a 2 week gap between when they re open and my interview date!

CR-1/IR-1 Journey for Self

12th April 08 - Married in Australia

21st April 08 - Mailed off I-130 but with incorrect title on cheques

30th April 08 - USCIS returned petitions requesting correct title on cheques

2nd May 08 - Mailed out I-130s again! Finally on our way!!!

9th May 08 - NOA-1

7th Nov 08 - Tranferred to CSC

4th Dec 08 - Approved!!!

22nd Dec 08 - NVC # assigned

23rd June 09 - Case Complete at NVC (We slowed down the process on purpose to time interview accordingly)

18th August 09 - Medical

25th August 09 - Interview Date - Approved!!!

19th February 10 - POE L.A (No dramas, just SLOW)

2nd March 10 - Welcome to America Letter

Thanks Kath & Peta,

I think I have myself so wound up over this whole thing and I just need to chill out.

Will just go by the age chart and trust that the information is up to date.. what you are telling me too Peta also makes me thing I am stressing over nothing. Seems I have what I need as as long as I get my medical before I get on that plane next week, all should be dandy! And quite right, they can send it to my mother whilst I'm on vacation!

I will let you all know the outcome.. have a great weekend all!

Thanks again for all your advice and calming words! :D

HD.

Edited by hawaiiandreams

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I was with Dr. Miller for about 15 minutes and it was done. Just some questions, checking of my letters from Doctors proving I've done all my vaccinations, he filled out the forms (stamped them as they should be, signed them off) a quick examination and that was it. You get everything you need right there and then.

The only extra immunisation I got was Hep B (this was purely my own choice and they advised me that it wasn't required). But he marked it on the form anyway - but that's not something the Consulate will be looking out for because I'm not in the age range anyway. So yeah, just stick with what you need so there's no delay.

Try not to stress out (I know, that's easier said that done for matters like this) and enjoy your time with your husband in the US :D

swagbucks-173x63.jpg

Hey thanks again for the advice... all should be okay with my appointment next week.. then it's time to focus on making the most of my vacation with my husband!

Thanks guys.. you are wonderful. :-)

I just got off the phone with the office of Dr. David Miller (Adelaide Medical Examiner). I spoke to Joan and she was so very helpful and really understanding of my many questions. I can’t wait to meet her in person :)

Anyway, I was ready to make my appointment for next Thursday (getting my Hep B jab in the morning so I figured I’d go straight to Dr. Miller and kill two birds with one stone on the same day). But Joan suggested that I wait for a letter that she’ll be sending over the weekend and one that I’ll get on Monday. Apparently they get so many applicants who get really anxious/excited about their medical and they forget things. So I figured that’s a fair enough reason and I myself would rather get it right the first time than have to go again and again (& I’m sure the Dr. himself wouldn’t appreciate it, not to mention it’ll cost me extra $$$). So I said, that’s fine I’ll wait for the letter. Even more so since she said that Dr. Miller isn’t extremely busy at the moment so getting an appointment shouldn’t take too long(*knocks on wood*).

She grabbed my details, etc, etc. Then I started asking her some questions. Like if I could get the X-Rays done there. Yes. Can I get my HIV/Syphillis done there. Yes. Then I asked her that all I need to do was bring all my results – at this point she thought I hadn’t gotten my immunity checked and when I told her I had, she was very happy and called me a “smart good girl” for being ahead of the game :) Then I told her I was getting my Hep B done Thursday and she got perplexed as to why when apparently I wasn’t in the age range to have to need it. She said that only if you’re not 19 yet that you’d need it. But at the same time, she said that I’m more than welcome to get it done if I wanted to (which I do, because I was born in Asia and I’m high risk). So yeah, apparently I don’t need a Hep B! She then told me that she’ll send me an age chart and it’ll show on there which vaccinations I will need. Handy.

So there you go. There’s my experience with Dr. Miller (so far). Tracy, I didn’t get to ask whether I can go to other clinics and she didn’t mention it either. I’m not too fussed, I work in the City and North Adelaide isn’t too far away and I kinda want to meet Joan anyway.

So here’s hoping that I will still get my Thursday appointment and get it done and dusted. I’m one of the anxious one, but I also want to get right.

Well, we’re off to Sydney tomorrow for the weekend! I get the feeling that I’ll be back in Sydney faster than you can say – K1 Visa :)

Have a lovely weekend everybody!

Joan is LOVELY isn't she!! I met her a couple of years ago now :)

.png

Hi Everyone,

Quick question.

Cheers,

Peta

2 years from POE I believe...

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.