aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Sorry to hear that Rings... best wishes for his journey home and while you are separated. (((HUGS)))

Well I finally went to Dr Poppenbeek; what a funny man. He's all giggly and nervous-like you'd think we had to inspect him lol.. I said hello to him from you KATH; he said that was nice. So yeah, I have one hell of a sore arm and feel slightly violated lol.. but otherwise glad to have been given the clean bill of health aside from my extra heart beat - I already knew I had lol..

Now if J can pay the IV Bill and his mother send in the tax forms we may get closer to finishing this thing!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Lok - my condolences to you for your loss and wishing you a safe journey.

I got my daughter moved into her college dorm last weekend. We were exhausted by the end of Sunday, but they have their room fixed up really cute. I have my bridal shower this Saturday and the Saturday after that Darryl will arrive!!!! Absolutely can't wait! I seem to have a ton of things going on everyday to get ready for his arrival and our wedding. I think after such a long wait, I'm still in shock that this is finally happening....it sure is exciting though.

I don't get on here as often as I like but sure do love coming and reading that things are moving right along for others! Congratulations!!!!

Aug. 2001 - met online playing trivia

May 2006 - engaged

06-12-06 - Met with lawyer, filed for a K-1 visa

07-17-06 - NOA1

10-31-06 - Touched

01-29-07 - Found out from USCIS that my lawyer had filed at the wrong service center and nothing has been processed.

02-08-07 - Found out that our petition had been closed back in Oct. 2006. No one was ever notified of this from USCIS

02-09-07 - Began gathering paperwork once again to start all over. Started cancelling our wedding plans

02-20-07 - Filed for a K-1 visa once again

02-27-07 - NOA1

04-21-07 - Originally planned wedding date (had to cancel) :(

05-22-07 - Touched

06-01-07 - Granted a Congressional Inquiry!

06-15-07 - NVC received our approved I-129F petition (I never received an NOA2 via email or snail mail). We are just so HAPPY to finally move on!

06-25-07 - Packet 3 received (but it was rec'd by our lawyer, she has forwarded it on to my fiance in Australia)

06-28-07 - Fiance rec'd Packet 3

06-30-07 - Finally rec'd NOA2 via snail mail. It is dated June 25, same day as Packet 3 was rec'd.

07-05-07 - Mailed back form letter DSL-1076 (Applicant's Statement of Readiness to be Interviewed).

07-05-07 - Just waiting now in hopes of an interview date before APEC

07-13-07 - Received Packet 4

07-30-07 - Interview!!!! - APPROVED!

09-01-07 - Fiance arrives in the USA!

10-06-07 - Getting Married

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank you all so much for your support. Loke is on the plane now and will be back in Melbourne on Friday morning. I know he appreciates your kind words. The house feels so lonely and quiet without him :(

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Timeline

:dance::dance::dance:I AM IN THE U.S!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Now what is the next plan of attack? We are getting married on Saturday, so then do I file for my ssn? Then do I have to do all the paperwork for my bio app and stuff? I am sooooooooooo confused :unsure::unsure:

Please help!!!

I hope that everyone is doing well, and I am soooo glad that I have the net on....I was going crazy!

Take care,

Kellie

AOS

September 25th 2007-Sent AOS package-recieved 27th.

October 5th-Recieved NOA for AOS & EAD

October 9th-Recieved biometrics app letter

October 22nd-Biometrics app

November 5th-Recieved RFE

November 22nd-Sent evidence

November 27th-Touched-Case resumed

November 30th-Touched

December 17th-Transferred to CSC

January 7th 2008-EAD card ordered

January 16th-EAD card in my hot little hand!

January 22nd-Green card ordered!!!!!

January 28th-Green card in my hand!

hi kellie

welcome to america mate...hope all is well and your happy as mate...below are the link you will need to read up on for the AOS and SSN..

k1 adjustment of status, ead and ap

getting a ssn on k1 visa

welcome to america website

welcome to america for new immigrants

the last two are about stuff you might like to look at..different things in there ...

and big congrats on the up coming wedding on saturday i hope it is a memorable and happy one for both of you..

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Timeline

Weeee! Great news Kelli! WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!

Tip Time:

1. Get your SSN AFTER you get married and take along the ACTUAL marriage certificate if you want to change your name on it.(not the license or anything else, they won't accept it cos they suck). I say this because if you don't, and get your maiden name on it, you'll be in a whole world of PAIN in the you know what getting all your other bits and pieces down the road like drivers license and bank accounts and shenanigans. ALSO you'll have to go back to get it changed (Like we do, since they wouldn't accept the marriage license they gave us on the day, instead wanting the one that we ONLY JUST received in the mail in the last week.)

2. Turn up to the SS office WHEN they open or even 1/2 an hour before they open (yes, people do, according to the lady that FINALLY saw us) or you'll be sitting in the office ALL DAY.

Can you tell that I have SS angst? I also have bank angst... don't get me started on USCIS angst. USCIS is the ruler of the unholy trinity that is my government angst. The Navy doesn't even rate in my angsting, and that is saying something! :D

Don't worry about me, I'm loving life and my husband and the craziness :D

3. (And 3 is the most important tip) HAVE A FANTASTIC WEDDING! and CONGRATULATIONS on being back with the love of your life, together at last. All my love to you both! Have a fantastic wedding, enjoy it, enjoy your honeymoon if you have one, or just take plenty of time to enjoy each other. This stuff can wait a couple of weeks :)

Edited by jezz85

Timeline

Thank you soooo much Kath and Jezz! I am glad that you are loving the craziness!!! :star:(F)

I am so glad to finally be here, but the last week I have been stressing thinking that I will never get all this stuff done! You guys will probably be sick of me by the next couple of weeks!

I hope that everyone is well, take care and be good!

Kell!

AOS

September 25th 2007-Sent AOS package-recieved 27th.

October 5th-Recieved NOA for AOS & EAD

October 9th-Recieved biometrics app letter

October 22nd-Biometrics app

November 5th-Recieved RFE

November 22nd-Sent evidence

November 27th-Touched-Case resumed

November 30th-Touched

December 17th-Transferred to CSC

January 7th 2008-EAD card ordered

January 16th-EAD card in my hot little hand!

January 22nd-Green card ordered!!!!!

January 28th-Green card in my hand!

hi ya kellie

awwww mate how can we get sick of our aussie mates...some of us have already gone through the AOS stuff so heaps of help for ya here...

also on the social security office turn up about an hour before they close that works.. they work faster to get themselves out of work too.. i have done this twice and its true lol...ours has a security officer that shuts the doors i think it was half an hour before closing gawd it was 15months ago now i cant remember lol..

also read the instructions there might be a thing about you have to have your EAD to get your SSN..read on VJ somewhere too .. but i would go for it and have a go to get one mate...dont forget your passport with your I-94 and go before the 76th day i think it is before expiry..

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

Timeline

Kellie - In response to Kath's inquiry about getting the EAD before the SSN.... I have some good news, on the K-1 VISA you DON'T need the EAD first! What happens is, they give you the SS card that has "valid with USCIS work authorization only" written on it. So you can't work till the EAD comes in and as I understand it, when you get work you need to carry your EAD and SS card to prove you're eligible to work. At some point in the future you can change the SS card to a new one without the sentence on it (I think after you get your greencard is when you do it, I'm just assuming that though.) SS numbers are very useful things to have even when you can't work yet :)

hi ya

i knew i read what i wrote somewhere..new rules came in october 2006

take a look at this link .. in there someone put up the link to social about the new rules and there is some interesting posts also...

ssn after marriage thread

kellie if you can go to the social security today or go monday and get it in your maiden name that way at least you have your ssn card mate...

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

Timeline

In that thread someone wrote "The final marriage problem is women wanting to be issued their SSA card in their new married name. This can not happen until there is supporting documentation from USCIS (EAD or Green Card)." Which is not correct, you only need your marriage certificate to have the name changed. In my opinion, I would wait until you get your marriage certificate unless the court house issuing it will take a long time to send it out (like mine). That way, it will save you a trip to the SS office to change it to your married name. Because EVERYONE wants to see your SS card in your married name before they put your married name on anything, like putting myself on DH's bank accounts (currently in my maiden name) and getting a drivers licence (We're going to wait till we can go back to SS office when we have time so I don't have to pay for a drivers license twice). Upshot is, getting SS card in your maiden name is a Pain in the ### and should be avoided where possible in my very humble opinion. Others are welcome to disagree... Lots of luck to you. :D

Timeline

Just making sure I understand all this correctly. Since Darryl does not have to worry about doing a name change after marriage....He can go get his SS card as soon as he arrives in the USA?

Aug. 2001 - met online playing trivia

May 2006 - engaged

06-12-06 - Met with lawyer, filed for a K-1 visa

07-17-06 - NOA1

10-31-06 - Touched

01-29-07 - Found out from USCIS that my lawyer had filed at the wrong service center and nothing has been processed.

02-08-07 - Found out that our petition had been closed back in Oct. 2006. No one was ever notified of this from USCIS

02-09-07 - Began gathering paperwork once again to start all over. Started cancelling our wedding plans

02-20-07 - Filed for a K-1 visa once again

02-27-07 - NOA1

04-21-07 - Originally planned wedding date (had to cancel) :(

05-22-07 - Touched

06-01-07 - Granted a Congressional Inquiry!

06-15-07 - NVC received our approved I-129F petition (I never received an NOA2 via email or snail mail). We are just so HAPPY to finally move on!

06-25-07 - Packet 3 received (but it was rec'd by our lawyer, she has forwarded it on to my fiance in Australia)

06-28-07 - Fiance rec'd Packet 3

06-30-07 - Finally rec'd NOA2 via snail mail. It is dated June 25, same day as Packet 3 was rec'd.

07-05-07 - Mailed back form letter DSL-1076 (Applicant's Statement of Readiness to be Interviewed).

07-05-07 - Just waiting now in hopes of an interview date before APEC

07-13-07 - Received Packet 4

07-30-07 - Interview!!!! - APPROVED!

09-01-07 - Fiance arrives in the USA!

10-06-07 - Getting Married

Timeline

He sure can! Some people suggest you wait a week or two though so you "get on the system". At any rate I didn't go to get mine until about 2 weeks after I got here just because we were in California and then we were too busy (our nearest SS office over an hour away) Kath can probably clear that one up for us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.