aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank you all so much for your support. You have all be both an inspiration and a major life saver to us. We appreciate everything that you have all done for us!

HAMMY - Check out this site... they ship too! KANGAROO MEAT

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi ya rings

damm your good ...good on ya for finding that link mate...

well today 25th june marks a year i left australia and landed here in detroit...it only seems like its been about 5 months lol

apart from going through the seperation anxiety from robert when he went to work and grumbling about the food lol and getting use to the speeds over here i can sum up the year as being a very happy one...

acheivements not many really...got through my AOS with no hassles within 46 days i received my greencard..(got transferred to CSC) with no interview ... got my SSN - only one hassle there was the lady didnt look at my marriage cert when offered...so had to go back....getting my own credit card and bank account....finally after heaps of applications recently got a job (but dammed if i know when im gunna start) ... and this month i passed my learners so i can drive on my australian licence and the next big thing is passing the driver's test...

so all in all i assimilated quite well although sometimes i speak too soft and they cant either hear me or understand me lol... and as a couple we have grown closer and love deeper than while we were seperated.. he has shown me so many things and taught me heaps...and i thank whoever it was that brought us together...and also thank the computer world for creating such a fantastic way to meet friends and your future husbands or wives...

i wish for you lot in here doing this journey that you find the same love and contentment in your lives when you fianlly get here...group hugs to you all ... although i have nearly finished my journey...you lot have kept me sane by letting me help you in this last year...thank you...

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

thanks guys for your support!!

here is an update -

i did live in that other country from 16yo to 21 - and i went thru a side door at the sydney US consulate and spoke to a woman - she was very helpful but surprised that i had her number - "we're not supposed to talk to the public" she says. but she helped me.

i do need a good behaviour certificate from Uruguay - so i rang the Uruguayan consulate - and the woman taht answered the phone said "if you dont have a ID Card we cant do a behaviour check on you" and well - heres the punch line.

you can only get a ID card if you were borne in that country - which i wasnt - i am australian by birth, so i was never able to get one.

so i've spoken to my fiance - and he's agreed that i should go ahead to my interview and explain all this to the US consular officer that does my paperwork and the one that does the interview (theres two people involved right?)....

I mean how can i get something if the Uruguayan consulate has told me the above?.....

and it was 14 years ago that i came back from there - so its a bit rich asking me for something that happened 14 years ago.... but anyways....

does anyone have any advice?...

i'm getting my name change certiifcate as back up today or tomorrow - and then i'm set to send in my form and tell them i'm ready for my interview.....

thoughts anyone?

**ps kath - your post is soooo sweet... very very heart felt.....

Edited by sharyna

hi ya sharyna

what might be a good idea is for you to contact the consulate again in uraguay and ask them to either email the sydney consulate with all your details attached eg name case number etc...about the no go on police certificate..

or get them to send you a letter confirming what they have told you about being a citzen of that country and the police checks and the id card thing...and not being able to receive one..

and you can also email the sydney consulate telling them what you have been told about your situation and see if they can clarify what you can do in your situation because you dont want to be denied over this as it is out of your hands...request that they email you back with information you can take to your interview to help you on the day..

cover all bases instead of just showing up to your interview without what they need...best way to cover disappointment huh...

good luck

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

hey kath

yeah i thought about that - but the woman at the uruguayan consulate was no help so i'm wondering if there'll be anyone else at that consulate that will be just a bit more helpful.....

i'll work on this today from work.....

Timeline

Hey Kath! i am glad I found that link too. I never tried kangaroo meat! Does it taste weird? Awe I am so glad that you have had a good year. I wonder if Loke will get separation anxiety when he is here...hmmm. I wouldn't worry too much about the drivers test. All I got wrong on my test was when I did not look over my shoulder to change lanes (used the mirror - I guess that's wrong) and I was going 35 mph in a 35 mph zone, but didn't know it was a school zone which makes it a 25 mph zone... that was a cheap trick. Other than that, it was realitively easy and they only make you go for a mile or so (in colorado anyway). kath, you are an inspiration to us all. I know that you have offered me so much valuable information and thanks to you and people like you, Loke will be home soon. I felt so stupid when i first started this journey and now as time passes and I see that I can sometimes help others, I know how you feel and how good it feels to do a kind deed. Thank you for everything you have done for me and everyone else in this forum. You are a gem of life.

Sharyna, can't you just call the police station from the town you lived in and ask them if they can do a check on your name? You can try to call them and explain why you need it and advise them of the reason that you could not obtain an ID card, then ask them if you sent your passport information and/or visa information from the time you went to that country if that would proove to them as to who you are and why you were there. If they cannot do this for you, then ask them if they wouldn't mind writing you a letter on certified letterhead as to why the police check cannot be done. Ask them to fax this to you as well or e-mail it so in case your interview gets set and it does not come in the mail, you can print it out and take it to your interview. I think that you should also do what Kath said as well. I would try to obtain as many documents from that government as you can...even if it is just a letter. the consulate, the police station, etc... I am so sorry that you have to deal with this. I hope it will only be a hiccup in the whole scheme of things for you *hugs*

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

hi ya rings

hmm kanga meat um if not cooked properly it can be tough...its an a different taste .. havent had it in years i got some for a frenchman that was staying with my family in oz so i cooked it for him..maybe someone else might know what the taste is i have forgotten..lol

i reckon loke will be fine...your kids will be around with him with me i was by myself so i think that played alot into it..and being stuck... thing you could do is get him to get his licence straight asap or look up the bus routes for him..and maybe get a phone card for him to ring home when he wants to.. thats what robbie did for me...and all my aussie stuff up on the walls...robbie was very concerned about homesickness with me..hes a good fella..

thanks for the comments too...i was once like you when i first around this subject.. but i read so much on websites before i even joined this site ..

sharyna

glad you found a lady to help you more than the other lady...fingers crossed this will be completed quickly for you..chin up its only a small bump mate...

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

i drove home on my lunch break and got all the certificates i had from when i studied over there, i'm faxing it over to the consulate now - hopefully they can help me.

am also writing them a letter saying how much i appreciate their help - and if they cant do a check for me if they would mind writing me a letter with the consulate letterhead stating why they cant.....

seriouisly i dont think the US consulate will make so much hoo haa over it, i've got absolutely everything else they want of me.....

Timeline

I know that I should do more to make it so that he does not feel homesick. I have no clue where to even begin really. I am cleaning out drawers and stuff so that his clothes will have a place and he is not bringing anything much with him but clothes. I don't know what sort of things I should do to make this easier. I am going to try to get him an international calling card and you're right, he will have the kids around to hang out with him. I also do not want the kids driving him crazy so I am worried about that. I think he has to wait for his social security number before he can get a license, but there are some things within walking distance. It's nothing like his little Melbourne town though. I am so worried that he will not like it here. I need to think of more things to do for him so I cna feel better about it :(

Sharyna, please let us know how it works out. All the best wishes to you sweety!

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

thankyou Rings..

... well the woman from the URuguayan consulate called me and basically told me that i'm stupid because i cant remember with clarity my child hood - from when i was 16 to 21 - i turn 35 next month -

am i stupid??

are you supposed to remember with clarity your childhood?.... i remember bits and pieces of it..............

so what am i going to do?

i'm going to go to the US consulate and explain to them and give them the name of the chick at the other consulate and tell them what she told me..... that if i dont have a ID card i cant get a check done, and that she was rude etc etc..................

breaking point people.....

i believe 90% of me that the US consulate wont make a big deal out of it, it was 14 years ago - and i've got a clean record that the australian police and vouch for since then till now....

Timeline

Hey girl... I know that you think it was long ago, but these people are nut cases. Please try to call the police station to see if they can run your name. Try to obtain something. You do not want to walk in there without some sort of valid proof that you cannot get a required document. Please do not risk this after how far you have come. See if someone can at least write you a letter on letterhead giving the reason as to why you cannot get the certificate.

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Sharyna, I agree with Rings,

They're really finicky and I would hate for you to get denied or delayed based off this. They may well make the mental leap between you not being able to get something to you not wanting to get something from there or trying to conceal something.

I KNOW it sucks but exhaust every possible avenue you can to try to get something in writing showing that it would be impossible for you to get a police certificate or anything. A letter from the people you spoke to on the phone would go a long way futher than your word on the matter.

Has the Sydney consulate responded to your email regarding this matter yet?

Timeline

Hey guys, I hope that everyone is well!

I have been a bit busy packing, so I have no clue what has been happening!

Just a quickie! Am I allowed to get an international drivers licence for the time while I am waiting to get my US licence? I used one when I was over visiting.

So much to do.....so little time.

Take care,

Kell

AOS

September 25th 2007-Sent AOS package-recieved 27th.

October 5th-Recieved NOA for AOS & EAD

October 9th-Recieved biometrics app letter

October 22nd-Biometrics app

November 5th-Recieved RFE

November 22nd-Sent evidence

November 27th-Touched-Case resumed

November 30th-Touched

December 17th-Transferred to CSC

January 7th 2008-EAD card ordered

January 16th-EAD card in my hot little hand!

January 22nd-Green card ordered!!!!!

January 28th-Green card in my hand!

hi ya kell

nice to see ya... take a look at the website for licences... www.dmv.org then click on the state you will be living in..

from what i have read on the ohio one is that if your a tourist you can drive without an international licence...

but you can also sit the learners test and drive for 30 days and go for the drivers test before the 30 days is up..and it doesnt cost you anything until you pass your licence...then when you do pass you change your name by showing them your marriage licence...

you can download the handbook of laws on the website .. i found it alot easier for me to read it off the computer than sit reading the book...

for the life of me i cant remember which state or town your going to be living in sorry or i would of researched it more for you...

ohh dont forget to get written references from work before you leave...like your department manager and manager of the store...will help ya heaps.. and if your apply for a walmart possie u need a SSN to apply too...i do hope you get into walmart one of us damm big w gals gotta lol teach them a few things i reckon...they have no idea on professional looking uniforms even though they are upgrading their uniforms they are nothing compared to ours..lol

take care and happy packing...

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

hi again kell

i found an old message from you when we were talking about big w...

virginia drivers manual

jonesville dmv office

i read through the manual and i was right about the international licence being only for tourist...

what i wanna know is what has germany and france got to do with virginia...if i was reading it correctly they dont have to sit either learners or driving test to drive over there...lol...who knows ...lol

get your fiance to ring dmv in jonesville and see what the rules are about you driving on your australian licence see if they also accept reprocial agreement like ohio....

see ya

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.