aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

hi sharyna

i was pretty shocked about it too thats why i mention it to others so they wont be.....was nothing to get embarassed about at least it aint as invasive as a pap smear mate over in 3 seconds.... good on ya for emailing the embassey best way to find out exactly what they are on about ... hope you dont bruise and your right there are some that dont know how to take blood....you will be fine ...good luck ..as the receptionist if you will be getting a copy of the medical if not request one...

hi loke

when you go in to pick up the results and they dont give you a copy ask for one..they should have a copy in their files to photo copy mate..

and yeah i feel as though i havent got a job lol...i would get your other shots in oz loke...at least you can put them on medicare ...i dont know what rings insurance is like and it might cost you over here...to give you an idea of what im talking about...i went in to the docs not cos i was sick but to register as a new patient...he examine me i took him a copy of my medical i just had in oz and he ordered blood work and a mamagram (which i was not impressed about) cos over here they start doing them at 40 unike oz they start at 50...

now robert has good insurance...for the docs it cost $175.00 insurance paid $70.45 we ended up having to pay out of our pockets $104.55...i was so shocked it cost that much just to go register as a new patient...then i went for like a full blood work done...the total included my mamagram which was $487.00 we had to pay $45.45...its quite a hard system to get use to robbie tried to explain it to me ..something to do with your insurance has a co-pay thing (deductible) that you have to pay ..robs is $150 a year when u reach that in a year you dont have to pay...so if rings has a good insurance get ya tetnus shot over here mate...but to save money i would get it before you come over...

hi vylex

whooooooooooooo hooooooooooooo the tim tams arrived..thanks for them and i couldnt believe it only took one day..you posted them saturday and i got them this morning (mon) that is the quickest i have ever got anything in the mail here lol..i put them in the freezer straight away..nothing like the smell of our famous tim tams...thanks ever so much ya sweetie...

later all

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I have no deductible, but I will have a co-pay and my insurance covers 80% for the most part, but you are right in that if he can get them in Aussie then he should because I do not have him on my insurance and will not be able to add him until he has a social security number.

If he gets those 3 shots here, I will probably be looking at $700.00 or so. Booo American medical :(

Cool - If you post a second time in a row, it just adds it to your first post... either that or I am drunk

No I am not drunk lol

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I got my TIMTAMS today too!! Thank you sooo much, Vylex...you really are a sweety, I second what Kath said...it was such a nice surprise to get them sooo quickly!!! Thanks again!!!!

hi sharyna

i was pretty shocked about it too thats why i mention it to others so they wont be.....was nothing to get embarassed about at least it aint as invasive as a pap smear mate over in 3 seconds.... good on ya for emailing the embassey best way to find out exactly what they are on about ... hope you dont bruise and your right there are some that dont know how to take blood....you will be fine ...good luck ..as the receptionist if you will be getting a copy of the medical if not request one...

hi loke

when you go in to pick up the results and they dont give you a copy ask for one..they should have a copy in their files to photo copy mate..

and yeah i feel as though i havent got a job lol...i would get your other shots in oz loke...at least you can put them on medicare ...i dont know what rings insurance is like and it might cost you over here...to give you an idea of what im talking about...i went in to the docs not cos i was sick but to register as a new patient...he examine me i took him a copy of my medical i just had in oz and he ordered blood work and a mamagram (which i was not impressed about) cos over here they start doing them at 40 unike oz they start at 50...

now robert has good insurance...for the docs it cost $175.00 insurance paid $70.45 we ended up having to pay out of our pockets $104.55...i was so shocked it cost that much just to go register as a new patient...then i went for like a full blood work done...the total included my mamagram which was $487.00 we had to pay $45.45...its quite a hard system to get use to robbie tried to explain it to me ..something to do with your insurance has a co-pay thing (deductible) that you have to pay ..robs is $150 a year when u reach that in a year you dont have to pay...so if rings has a good insurance get ya tetnus shot over here mate...but to save money i would get it before you come over...

hi vylex

whooooooooooooo hooooooooooooo the tim tams arrived..thanks for them and i couldnt believe it only took one day..you posted them saturday and i got them this morning (mon) that is the quickest i have ever got anything in the mail here lol..i put them in the freezer straight away..nothing like the smell of our famous tim tams...thanks ever so much ya sweetie...

later all

kath

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well. I am sooo sleepy I can barely keep my eyes open at work. :wacko:

Wow! I can't believe both you ladies received them today! Enjoy! I figure I'd share the joy (and calories) hahaha. I thought there was no way the USPS would get them out since I sent them at the middle of the day from my local post office. Maybe I will send out my NVC docs the same way next time LOL! It's even closer to deliver to NH than it is to where you folks are hahaha.

I hope I get a case number assigned soon. I will call tomorrow morning and see if the automated system has updated itself with my case information. Woohoo!

Take care!

-Alex

I-130

02/17/2007 - I-130 Express Mailed to VSC via USPS. (ETA 2/19/2007)

02/22/2007 - I-130 received by VSC.

06/12/2007 - NOA2 approval email received!!!

06/15/2007 - NOA2 letter received in the mail.

NVC

06/19/2007 - NVC receives case and assigns a case number!

08/27/2007 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

09/06/2007 - Case forwarded to Sydney

09/14/2007 - Wife receives Packet 3. Received NVC letter confirming case forward to Sydney.

10/26/2007 - Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!! WOOO WOOO!!!!!!

11/18/2007 - Enter the US via LAX (POE). No issues thankfully. 20 minutes of processing.

11/30/2007 - Welcome letter (two of them) received.

12/19/2007 - CR-1 Green Card received.

USCIS - I-751

09/23/2009 - Express Mailed Removal of Conditions application

09/24/2009 - USPS confirmed delivery to VSC

09/29/2009 - Check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2009 - Received NOA I-797C dated 09/25/2009

10/10/2009 - Received Biometric appt letter for 10/29/2009

10/29/2009 - Biometrics taken. Whole process took about 40 min including the wait

12/22/2009 - Approved for ROC!

01/08/2010 - Received text and email: Card production ordered

01/15/2010 - Received Green Card in the mail!

USCIS - N-400

04/22/2011 - Express Mailed Application for Naturalization

04/27/2011 - Check cashed by USCIS

04/28/2011 - Received NOA I-797C dated 04/26/2011

05/27/2011 - Biometrics taken. Process took approx 35 min with wait

07/29/2011 - Received Interview Appt letter scheduled for 09/01/2011 dated 07/26/2011

09/01/2011 - Interview and Oath. Now a USC! The VJ is over!

ok! just got home after having my medical...

Dr Waks is lovely!! he's very helpful and very informative - gives you the pros and cons on everything - but you need to ask questions - poor guy probably thought i'd never shut up....

the physical was good - he didnt do anything you know... personal - just poked and prodded - made you turn, bend, twist, flap yadda yadda....

makes you take a urine sample - for sugar and protein levels (if you dont do the urine sample before ie for syphillis test) you may have to do that one too..

but i did all mine weeks ago...

vaccination - he told me he wanted to give me the MMR vaccination - just in case - because the consulate can be picky....

did my chest xray - walked up the hill in the rain... thank god for down hill return!...

all up medical was $270 - and no i cant claim that on medicare or anything....

and he was mailing it all off to the consulate today (since i didnt need blood tests).... he said they would have it by end of week...

so now all i'm waiting on is my fiance - he posted all his affadavit stuff to me today with financial support docs.... mortgage on house, how much owing, value of property yadda yadda...

so yeah thats me.........

now i'm so tired!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Sharyna....

I did my appointment with Dr Waks in uh... May and he was a VERY nice guy and he did NOT do an invaisive exam. In fact, I didn't take even take my jeans off in his office.

Don't stress :D

Timeline

Ooops, I checked this thread a little too late :) I see you've already been!

I'm glad it went well girl, one more hurdle jumped over :)

I'm so busy so I'm skulking around a little and not posting. Promise that updates will happen when exams are over.

Glad everyone is having smooth sailing on most things, congrats on all those jobs guys! Aussie Aussie Aussie!

XOXO

Timeline

*hugs Jezz* Can I sullk with you too?

Congrats on being down with the medical Sharyna!

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Timeline

Awww thanks Rings :) You are most welcome to skulk and sulk with me. I'm anxious about my exams but I miss miss miss my darling. Its been over 5 months now with less than one to go... yeee!

thanks rings! so glad its over....

now to wait for the paperwork and then tell the consulate we are ready for our interview!! yay!!!!

i miss my honey sooooooooooooooooo much......

Timeline

we are all set for our interview and David mailed back the letter today. I sent him all the paperwork priority and had the box insured. The AOS should arrive to him on the 25th. I hope they schedule us a speedy interview.

Jezz don't worry about your exams because you are as smart as a whip. Anyone who can go through this and make it, is good in my book.

Sharyna, I miss my honey too! *wails*

Hey if you guys are bored, look at how cute we are at http://www.myspace.com/ringsofmordor

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

hi ya all

just thought i would convey a bit of news ...i got my learners permit today...yaaaaaaaaaaaay ...lol

i didnt have to pay for the permit cos australia is reciprocal with U.S. so when i passed the guy asked if i wanted to schedule my drivers test lol...no i said i want to get some more practice in lol...they have no sense of humour in that place either lol cracked the joke about us aussies driving on the right side you know the correct side and it went totally over his head even tried to explain the joke but nope no grin he just didnt get it lol...

so driving home robbie goes and drives into a car park and sez here ya go lol...went into michigan quite town and scared the f out of us when i went through a stop sign..both of us didnt see it...until we were upon it..freaked me out and all i can see now is robert holding onto the door pushed back into the seat lol...luckily there was no cars coming she shouts stop and i had to make my mind up to floor it or stop and by the time he shouted i was entering the intersectoin...so i floored it...so girlfromoz ya not on ya own mate...and i was being so careful lol...

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Congrats Sharyna on getting through your medical - I knew you would be fine, but I know how easy it is to get nervous beforehand....but it's over now and hopefully we both get interviews soon.

Kath - you've gone through all this work and made it over the pond - don't kill yourself driving mate! I only drove a little while I was there but it does take over all your concentration...I'm not sure if its worse than learning to drive for the first time or not. Instinct takes over with the mechanics of the car but you have to un-learn a lot of things that have become habit and re-adjust.

Look at what the vampire did to me in my medical the other day...

BRUISE.jpg

Edited by Loke

01/25/2007 Married on the beach in Australia

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

02/15/2007 I-130 mailed to NSC

02/26/2007 NOA1 (I-130) received

06/22/2007 Approved

02/27/2007 I-129F mailed

03/12/2007 NOA1 (I-129F) received

05/30/2007 Approved petition forwarded from NVC to Sydney

07/03/2007 Interview - K3 Visa approved

07/15/2007 arrived in the U S of A

AOS

07/23/2007 TB skin test and I-693A

07/26/2007 AOS application mailed

07/27/2007 AOS application received (Chicago)

ooh that would of hurt..

i have no marks on me....

i'm sure if i drink some more liquids i'll be like that coke ad and have it coming out of every needle hole in my body lol.....

congrats kath on your learners!!! we do drive on the RIGHT side... americans sheesh.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.