aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

he's got the affadavit of support with him - he's filled it out and notarized it, he's sending it to me with his letter from his emplyer stating his job, position, how long he's been with the company and how much he earns....

the whole assets thing i have to fill out....will the consulate give me greif because i dont have any assets??

i work yeah but i also rent where i live....

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I actually wouldn't expect an inssue as long as he meets poverty guidelines. The reason they want to know about assets is to add the value of the assets up to see if you surpass or meet those guidelines. (Essentially they are checking out your husbands worth for lack of a better word and assets can be sold for money) if he is the one filing the Affidavit of Support, then it is up to him to meet the requirements of it primarily because he is your sponsor. You shouldn't have to worry about it because you are the Beneficiary.

If he does not meet those gidelines then he will have to get a co-sponsor and the co-sposor will have to fill out the Affidavit of Support as well. Hope that helps some!

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

thankyou Rings!!

ah ok so the assets thing refers to him...

okay... well thats fine... he owns a house, a car ..... and works full time at um NASA...

ok question people and pls bear with me...

on one of hampsters posts he wrote:

"when you reciever the brown envelope from the consulate, with all the info and your interview date..... look carefully at the medical paperwork, there is a page where the USA doctor signs, and the xray tech signs, and the person taking the blood tests signs as well. if your local doctor took the blood,remember to have him/her sign it and date it for when the blood was taken.."

ok now to my question:

what form is that?

the "medical examination for immigrant or refugee applicant page?"

or

medical history and physical examinaton worksheet?

or

chest xray and classification work sheet? (highly unlikely its this one)

or

vaccination documentation worksheet?

i just dont understand the medical giberrish...... i appreciate any direction...

last resort - get my doctor to sign all pages!!! lol....

Filed: Timeline
thankyou Rings!!

okay... well thats fine... he owns a house, a car ..... and works full time at um NASA...

"when you reciever the brown envelope from the consulate, with all the info and your interview date..... look carefully at the medical paperwork, there is a page where the USA doctor signs, and the xray tech signs, and the person taking the blood tests signs as well. if your local doctor took the blood,remember to have him/her sign it and date it for when the blood was taken.."

ok now to my question:

what form is that?

or

or

or

i just dont understand the medical giberrish...... i appreciate any direction...

Sharyna,

When you get the Information from the Consulate regarding Medical and other paperwork,

Go Though all the paperwork until you see a Page that has 3 Lines on it.

That is the Page needed to be signed by the US DOCTOR doing

Medical,+ Xray Tech , and The Person taking the blood tests ( local GP OR IMVS)

it requires signatures from all 3 people as well as dates they where done.

I HOPE THAT CLARIFIES THAT FOR YOU..

Cheers

Paul :thumbs:

"To love someone deeply gives you strength.

Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I can't see the forms that you are looking at personally so i will try the best way that I can to help.

The chest ray examination would actually be done by the certified consulate doctor at your medical examination

Your medical history can likely be filled out by your primary doctor. if he did the blood test, then you should bring the results for that with you.

Your psycial exam form can be filled out by the certified us consulate doctor, but if you had a medical exam done by your regular doctor, then ask for the results of that on a separate sheet of paper and submit that as well (too much info is better than not enough)

You should obtain copies of all of your vaccinations including all of your childhood ones. If you do not have these, then you need to try to find a way to get the by calling your parents. If your parents do not have copies, then you can contact your childhood peditrician or your childhood schools to see if they have copies. Your blood test results may give you enough information on what you have already been immunized against as well. Take the requirements sheet to your doctor and make sure that if you are missing anything that he gives you shots for them as soon as possible. Ask the doctors office is you can put it on medicare because that is important.

You have to prove on paper that you have had immunizations for everything that is required. if you are missing one, then you will not get your visa. You should start working on this right away. i am not a doctor and I am not in your position, but I think this is pretty close to accurate here.

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
thankyou Rings!!

ok now to my question:

what form is that?

or

or

or

For now, Hammy's post tells more than I can tell you. But my medical will happen on the 18th June and I will post here all I can about it. I believe at this stage that they will want to take a blood test and if you let them do that then you will have them sign as opposed to your local gp. If your local gp does any blood test you will need him/her to sign any documents realting to that. My own thoughts are that you should have whichever doctor is responsible sign and date any documents the result from that...you can't go wrong if you get everything signed and dated.

01/25/2007 Married on the beach in Australia

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

02/15/2007 I-130 mailed to NSC

02/26/2007 NOA1 (I-130) received

06/22/2007 Approved

02/27/2007 I-129F mailed

03/12/2007 NOA1 (I-129F) received

05/30/2007 Approved petition forwarded from NVC to Sydney

07/03/2007 Interview - K3 Visa approved

07/15/2007 arrived in the U S of A

AOS

07/23/2007 TB skin test and I-693A

07/26/2007 AOS application mailed

07/27/2007 AOS application received (Chicago)

thankyou Rings!!

ok now to my question:

what form is that?

or

or

or

For now, Hammy's post tells more than I can tell you. But my medical will happen on the 18th June and I will post here all I can about it. I believe at this stage that they will want to take a blood test and if you let them do that then you will have them sign as opposed to your local gp. If your local gp does any blood test you will need him/her to sign any documents realting to that. My own thoughts are that you should have whichever doctor is responsible sign and date any documents the result from that...you can't go wrong if you get everything signed and dated.

What I Did Regarding Immunizations..

I went to my Local GP,

Ask for a Complete Set of BloodTests done.

He

ah k ... that form was not on the original attached....

its sitting behind the medical requirements thing that has the doctors numbers etc... got it!!

my GP did my blood tests and i'm vaccinated against everything - even got a tetanus boost - but the doctor asked me if i wanted a rubella boost, polio boost and another one but he said i couldnt get pregnant within 6 months... so i opted not to have it - not that i would fall preggers but are these three really needed? i had vaccinations of them as a child/school.

my childhood is very far behind me lol... so i have no hopes of getting any records - tending to have moved around a lot...

but i'll go to my GP again and verify it all...

Edited by sharyna

ah k ... that form was not on the original attached....

its sitting behind the medical requirements thing that has the doctors numbers etc... got it!!

my GP did my blood tests and i'm vaccinated against everything - even got a tetanus boost - but the doctor asked me if i wanted a rubella boost, polio boost and another one but he said i couldnt get pregnant within 6 months... so i opted not to have it - not that i would fall preggers but are these three really needed? i had vaccinations of them as a child/school.

my childhood is very far behind me lol... so i have no hopes of getting any records - tending to have moved around a lot...

but i'll go to my GP again and verify it all...

What I Did Regarding Immunizations..

I went to my Local GP, Ask for a Complete Set of BloodTests done.

He took 2 vials of Blood One was for finding out what Immunities

I had for anything needed Vaccination Wise,

AND ALSO CHECKS FOR ANY STD'S.

And the other one was used to show Blood Group which I am (O+)

The Xray is done that I got was at a referal letter from the US Doctor

to a Mecial Imaging Company ( to checdk for Tuberculosis)

that was in the same Building (1st floor) that the US Doctor was In.

So I was able to get it done the same day prior to Us Medical was done.

Cheers

Paul :thumbs:

Edited by hampster

i'll see if i can go to my GP - if i need boosts for those other ones i'll get them done.... i'm not chancing not getting the visa because of some boosts....

thats what i'll do - better safe then sorry....

thanks guys!! for your patience.

i'll see if i can go to my GP - if i need boosts for those other ones i'll get them done.... i'm not chancing not getting the visa because of some boosts....

Hey Sharyna :thumbs:

All Good :blush: anything else that I can help you with,

please Feel Free to Ask any Questions,

If I can help another Aussie Get across the "Big Puddle"

to reunite them with their Loved Ones :luv:

I will try to Answer it, if not Kath is a Good Source Of Info (Kath the Guru) :yes:

Cheers

Paul

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey Sharyna :thumbs:

All Good :blush: anything else that I can help you with,

please Feel Free to Ask any Questions,

If I can help another Aussie Get across the "Big Puddle"

to reunite them with their Loved Ones :luv:

I will try to Answer it, if not Kath is a Good Source Of Info (Kath the Guru) :yes:

Cheers

Paul

You're gold Hammy. So glad to have you around while we are going through our trial. Hope everything is happening for you the way you want it to and that you are well, happy, healthy and (what's another 'h'? - having fun?)...take care mate and all the best for you in your new life :)

Edited by Loke

01/25/2007 Married on the beach in Australia

02/15/2007 I-130 mailed to NSC

02/26/2007 NOA1 (I-130) received

06/22/2007 Approved

02/27/2007 I-129F mailed

03/12/2007 NOA1 (I-129F) received

05/30/2007 Approved petition forwarded from NVC to Sydney

07/03/2007 Interview - K3 Visa approved

07/15/2007 arrived in the U S of A

AOS

07/23/2007 TB skin test and I-693A

07/26/2007 AOS application mailed

07/27/2007 AOS application received (Chicago)

hi ya all

sharyna...re the signatures....look for a sheet that on one side explains about the medical and on the back down the bottom there are spaces for x-ray tech to sign and pathologist to sign date and what pathololgist company they are ..it is hard to miss because you have so much paperwork there to go through...your medical is done by the U.S. medical examiner he signs it... he is the only one that can do your medical fill it in and sign it..the only thing your gp can do for you is your blood tests and give you paper copies of your results i got my gp to sign them...i will look in my paperwork to see if i have the copy of the sheeet ...

rings is right about the affidavit of support .. it has nothing to do with you mate...your fiance has to prove to the consulate that he can basically look after you fianancially...

loke thank you for your kind words mate...its my pleasure to do anything i can for the people in here be it info or support..its just the way i am and i thank my mum for giving me this gift to help others...this journey we go through is a tough one and WE are really the only ones that know what it is like to be seperated from our loved ones and have a government department hold OUR fate of being reunited in THEIR hands...rings is a lovely lady and your very lucky to of found her and have her in your life..(i know you already know that though)

does any of the ones that has just received the packet 3 have a scanner so the packet can be scanned and put it in a website form for future reference for the aussies to come after you...or send it to me and i will get a website created ...????

its storming here at the moments just poured down that is one thing that amazes me coming from a drought ridden country to here and see how much rain we get here...

well its friday in the states yipppeeee another weekend with robbie not working ..lol..

hammy any news from your employer...

girlfromoz good luck for the first day of work over here on monday..knock um dead mate...

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I leave in an hour to pick up my sweetie...He was suppose to be here now but he missed his connecting flight and had to be put on a later flight. Apparently there was a long line at LAX. I still can't believe he is actually coming that he is in America! WOW. I was trying to look around and find something cute to wear but I didn't find anything. lol He has never seen me in spring/summer clothes so I know it is all new to him anyway.lol

Hope all is well for everyone!

11/27/2006 Filed I-129F

12/01/06 received at CSC NOA1

12/09/06 checked cleared

02/28/07 touched!

02/28/07 NOA2 via email 3 of them!!!!

03/01/07 touched

03/09/07 NOA2 received via snail mail

03/20/07 Received email from Sydney that packet 3 should be mailed out tomorrow

03/26/07 Fiance received packet 3

4/26/07 Fiance medical appointment

5/01/07 New date of medical appointment

5/14/07 Fiance interview date!

VISA APPROVED!

6/8/07 My fiance arrives in America

7/14/07 Wedding day!

thanks everyone!!

i'll have a chat with my fiance today - and give him the good news about spilling the beans on his finances lol....

its raining here (again)................ does it always rain this time of year?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.