aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
HOLY GUACAMOLE those fees are steep!!!!!

Yeah need to gte 4 part time jobs :blink: to pay for the new fees ffs!! :wacko:

Lyndel CONGRATULATIONS To you also on getting that Job @ Verizon :dance: woo hooo!!

Actually Cheryl and I are with Verizon FIOS INTERNET AND FAMILY PHONE PLAN THROUGH VERIZON.

CAN WE HAGGLE ON A PHONE DEAL FOR MOI :blush:

I NEED A PHONE LOL AND A GOOD FAMILY DEAL WHAT'S ON SPECIAL THIS MONTH HEHEHE.

Cheers

Paul

Hammy, Jake and I have a joint cell phone account with Cingular and it's really reasonable plus we can call each other anytime for free.

Moonie...WOW not long to go now. Wishing you a wonderful reunion with your sweetie!

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

Can you guys click on my timeline and tell me what it says to you? I am having issues here lol

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

ohh wow...your timeline isnt there rings..

let me check lokes..just checked his and its there...

rings send capt ewok a message and let him know what is happening see he can correct it for you..

at least all the information isn't lost mate...

moonie whooo hooo to you and yours...i bet your itching to hold him lol

and with you sayin u cant believe it ...when i first arrived here, although robert went and got me i still kept saying for at least a month im here robbie im here...lol...its an overwhelming feeling to finally arrive here after a long distance relationship plus the ups and downs of the visa journey...good luck to you two...happy for both of you..

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline
Can you guys click on my timeline and tell me what it says to you? I am having issues here lol

Hey Rings! Yeah, it's not working; says you need to contact administration.

Yay..! Moonie..!

Heya Kath sounds like the ideal thing is to get your citizenship asap.....?

Paul, I didnt' think that that would affect you; didn't you get your conditional permanant residency? So that means you won't need to go AOS...?

hi ya pris

hell mate i want my money's worth lol...with the fees going up it will cost absolutely heaps to do citzenship..im not decided on that yet..although hubs thinks i should lol

hammy

90 days before your greencard expires..you have to remove conditions that will give you a 10 year greencard..

so calculate backwards from the expiry date and that will be the start of the 90 days when you should start either sending it all in or the window frame for getting it done....dont leave it till the last minute cos you will be out of sttus if you do..they send you a receipt saying u have applied within the time and that is what you show your employer till you get approved and a new card is issued...

hi ya girlfromoz

how is ya...i heard from vik the this week mate..she is busy getting the wedding organised and i rung her up..she was going for a fitting for her wedding dress...not long now for her...she is getting married on our wedding anniversary...did you get an email from her yet...

dont know when im starting ...lol probably after i come back from vaccation lol that is if they leave it too much longer lol

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Paul, I didnt' think that that would affect you; didn't you get your conditional permanant residency? So that means you won't need to go AOS...?

I don't think it will affect him either. That's the beauty of the IR-1/CR-1. It costs less than the K-3 in paperwork and money but trade-off is time. No need to do EADs, AOSs, etc. Once you get the IR-1/CR-1, you are a PR of the US.

As Meauxna and others have stated before, the K-3 was useful in reuniting couples faster when the IR-1/CR-1 Visas took 3 years to get. I was thinking K-3 but realized waiting a few extra months (hopefully ONLY a few extra months) will outweigh the time apart.

I-130

02/17/2007 - I-130 Express Mailed to VSC via USPS. (ETA 2/19/2007)

02/22/2007 - I-130 received by VSC.

06/12/2007 - NOA2 approval email received!!!

06/15/2007 - NOA2 letter received in the mail.

NVC

06/19/2007 - NVC receives case and assigns a case number!

08/27/2007 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

09/06/2007 - Case forwarded to Sydney

09/14/2007 - Wife receives Packet 3. Received NVC letter confirming case forward to Sydney.

10/26/2007 - Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!! WOOO WOOO!!!!!!

11/18/2007 - Enter the US via LAX (POE). No issues thankfully. 20 minutes of processing.

11/30/2007 - Welcome letter (two of them) received.

12/19/2007 - CR-1 Green Card received.

USCIS - I-751

09/23/2009 - Express Mailed Removal of Conditions application

09/24/2009 - USPS confirmed delivery to VSC

09/29/2009 - Check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2009 - Received NOA I-797C dated 09/25/2009

10/10/2009 - Received Biometric appt letter for 10/29/2009

10/29/2009 - Biometrics taken. Whole process took about 40 min including the wait

12/22/2009 - Approved for ROC!

01/08/2010 - Received text and email: Card production ordered

01/15/2010 - Received Green Card in the mail!

USCIS - N-400

04/22/2011 - Express Mailed Application for Naturalization

04/27/2011 - Check cashed by USCIS

04/28/2011 - Received NOA I-797C dated 04/26/2011

05/27/2011 - Biometrics taken. Process took approx 35 min with wait

07/29/2011 - Received Interview Appt letter scheduled for 09/01/2011 dated 07/26/2011

09/01/2011 - Interview and Oath. Now a USC! The VJ is over!

Filed: Timeline

Hi All,

I was reading the news this morning online and saw this!!! :thumbs:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/wcvb/20070606/lo_wcvb/13456410;_ylt=AmMDEMqyKSKGv63bF2mAPiTFHX0V

New Citizens Weigh In On Immigration Debate

Wed Jun 6, 6:47 PM ET

As legislation to overhaul the nation's immigration laws barely survived a challenge, immigrants from around the world became the Unites States'

newest citizens in Boston on Wednesday.

NewsCenter 5's Janet Wu reported that voting 51-46,

the Senate rejected an amendment to bar certain criminals from legal status,

and instead, adopted a more limited list of criminals.

Boston's new citizens, hailing for 41 countries,

said they cannot wait to vote and they are watching the debate on immigration

intently because their journeys have been complex and difficult.

I've been here since I was 6 years old. I took me about 21 years.

It took 10 years for my family to be reunited," said Daphne Germain,

who came to the U.S. from Haiti.

"Immigration is a very complex issue because people come into

the United States for all different types of reasons."

Picking up the piece of paper declaring citizenship

often requires more than a decade and thousands of dollars.

What do the new citizens think of those who have not gone through the process?

I know there's bad people and the terrorist thing, but I'm an immigrant.

There's good people who need be here,

they need to work and support their families.

Tough, tough question," said Diana Villa,

who came to the U.S. from Colombia.

It's actually very important to make everybody legal.

Government needs to track everybody," said Srivatsa Manjunath,

who came to the U.S. from India.

There are so many hard-working people here not to steal other people's jobs,

but trying to get a better life, trying to get a chance of a new beginning,

said Lucy Encarnacion, who came to the U.S. from the Dominican Republic.

Cheers

Paul :innocent:

Edited by hampster

"To love someone deeply gives you strength.

Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

Timeline

yeah Ewok has no clue what's wrong. I have been talking to him for awhile about it now, but he says everything seems fine. I just wanted to make sure that I was not tripping out or something! Thanks for checking.

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello Everyone....

SMILES to everyone thats great news to all that are being approved and getting jobs...

Tears for couples like Ron and I...This hike in prices is not helping us. The money issue is a pain in the arss already and we still havent even been able to arrange the money to have me fly out there yet...arggggg....its gonna take years.....tears.

I've tried to move forward as some you know he was not such a good kiddo when he was younger which doesnt appear that it may be to big of a deal seeing how most of it was done when he was a minor under 18..phewww. I called the court houses and arranged for him to receive his court records so when the time comes he'll have them..

I've been looking for a new job..not going so well Michigan sucks for job hunting right now..ugggs. I hope things start to look up cuz its getting harder to keep that chin up and the eyes from leaking...

I keep mushing forward looking for a new job and Ron keeps trying to save money..so hopefully things start to happen for us too...

I dont think theres much more I can do at this point befoe we even meet for the first time...if anyone has any suggestions on what i can do to keep busy to keep my mind and heart from going nuts im open for suggestions....ahhhh help...

anyways keep smiling everyone..and take care.

katrina

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzgmTUVUK01ZK0hVTktBK0hVTktBK0JVUk5JTkcrTE9WRS4uLiZGRkZGRkYmRkZGRkZGJjE0JjEwJmMmMCYxOCY5JjIwMDYmMjMmMzYmODUzNTk2MDAxMTc4NDMzMzgyLic=.gif

Timeline

Cheese & Kisses keep your head up high girl. All you need to do is remember that we work merely to live, but we do not live to work. Here are some links I found on local job listing within the Michigan area. Maybe you can send your resume to some of them and see if you get a hit? I can also help you if you need a resume or something. I am all paperwork crafyt like *hug*

MLive- Local Jobs

Job Hunt

Michigan Jobs - Monster.com

Government Jobs Listings in Michigan

There are tons more and most of these allow you simply to send in your resume. If you send your resume to 20 places per day, then you are likely to get a call from someone perhaps. Just make it a goal or something and if you can't count 20 in a day than send another resume to one you already sent it too and they will simply know that you are serious and also you can count it as one off your list and make a game of it lol.

King Soopers also has some stores in Michigan and here is the link for that.

King Soopers

You can send your resume to them and also to Safeway out there and they offer a good Union job that gives good medical benifits and vacation packages and stuff. I would hit the grocery stores up right away and then after you submit the resume start calling them. Don't talk to the pee ons either, ask for a manager or someone directly and request an interview. I know you can do it. Even when jobs are low, there is always someone looking for something... gah wish i could find some people to come work for me in Colorado lol

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Timeline

YAY SHARYNA!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

The Consulate said they mailed ours yesterday! I hope he gets it soon!

I thought this information given to me by the conulate may help you! (Consulate reply in blue)

1. Will I need to submit both forms (I-134 & I-864) or will the Australian Consulate only require one or the other? If so, which form do you require? For K3 applications, we require only the I-134 and it's supporting documents.

2. Since the rate increase I am concerned about the cost to file the Affidavit of Support. Will there be a cost associated with this form?

At the moment, there is no cost. You may have it notarized the same day of your husband's interview at this office if you are currently in Australia. If not, the form should be notarized by a U.S. notary public.

3. I have printed out all of the bank statements for the last year. Will I need to supply copies of all my personal checks that I have written to include with these statements? Current bank statements showing the current available balances should be submitted.

4. Our petition was approved and sent to the national Visa Center and issued a case number (see above). Due to the delay's in regard to the H-1B application overflow USCIS is currently undergoing, we have not yet received our NOA2 (Notice of Action) on our approved I-129F petition. However, we do have a letter from the national Visa Center advising us that they have received the approved petition. Can I submit that letter with the Affidavit of Support without actually having an NOA2? We don't require the NOA2 (not sure what that is). We have received the transfer of your husband's K3 petition from the National Visa Center (NVC)

5. On the I-134 form, it asks about assets and all I have is a mobile home that is financed through a lender. Should I supply proof from that lender on the amount that is due or will simply indicating the amount that is due be sufficient? You need a letter verifying the value of the home and the most recent (loan) bank statement to show how much is still owing to the lender.

6. Where will I send the Affidavit of Support? Your husband may bring it with him to the interview or you may mail it directly to this office should you wish to keep the documents confidential.

7. Should I supply my husband with copies of the Affidavit of Support for his interview as well? No. We'll only need the originals so send him the originals or send the package directly to this office.

8. I know that my husband will get packet 3 from your embassy. Will I also be getting forms to fill out? Only the Affidavit of support will be in the package sent to him for you to complete.

9. Is there anything else that will be required from me that I need to know about after submitting the Affidavit of Support? No. If additional information is required, your husband will be advised at the time of his interview.

10. I am a single mother who cares for two small children. Outside of simply stating who they are and their relation to me on the Affidavit of Support, will I need to supply any further documentation on their behalf? (Note: they are not my husbands children and they are legal U.S. Citizens) No. It is not necessary.

I am sorry to ask so many things, but I want to be sure that we do this as detailed as possible in order to avoid delays in processing. We were advised that the petition was sent to your embassy on 05/30/07. Is there anyway I can find out if this information has been received by you yet? It has been received and the package of instructions was mailed yesterday to your husband.

Thank you so much for your patience with my overwhelming enquiry. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. You're welcome.

Hahaha They said "You're Welcome" lol

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

mine is a K1 visa... so some of that doesnt apply (i think lol)..... on tuesday i am calling to get a doctors appt - (consular doctor)..... while i wait for the police report to come back to me...

then sign PAGE 6 and send that and that other form back to the consulate but keep the other one as a consular officer needs to witness you sign it....

wow i'm going to have to read all that packet again.... already confused!! lol.....

and thanks Rings!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

First...pardon please everyone, this is a drunk post...peach vodka is pretty sweet...

Cheese and Kisses (Katrina), my thoughts and hopes are with you...for your job hunting and for sorting out whatever needs to be sorted out for you and your love to be together. I hope you get to have that personal physical touch oon.

Sharyna - your journey seems to be matching ours closely, you are a few days ahead of us. Fingers crossed for the both of us in our efforts to get through this process. It's amazing how the feeling of being left hanging changes once that approval comes through and all of sudden things are happening again. I am suddenly looking at how to get everything organised instead of wondering if we will be approved. Anyone want to buy a fridge? :P

To everyone, but most especially Kath (I know how much support you have been to Rings and it means a lot to me) and Hammy - thank you for being with us through this journey and hoping for us when we struggled to hope, for supporting us when we struggled for strength, for believing in us when we struggled to believe. We are so grateful, and we will continue to lean on you all in times of need and we hope to be there to be leaned on for others who follow after us, in the same way you have remained to allow us to lean.

YAY Aussies and Americans (I dare not call them seppos in this thread :lol: ) this place has left me thinking all you Americans really are pretty cool people. At least those of you who have an Aussie love, anyway (I AM KIDDING! The Americans I met in Colorado all seem like really nice people) :P

01/25/2007 Married on the beach in Australia

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

02/15/2007 I-130 mailed to NSC

02/26/2007 NOA1 (I-130) received

06/22/2007 Approved

02/27/2007 I-129F mailed

03/12/2007 NOA1 (I-129F) received

05/30/2007 Approved petition forwarded from NVC to Sydney

07/03/2007 Interview - K3 Visa approved

07/15/2007 arrived in the U S of A

AOS

07/23/2007 TB skin test and I-693A

07/26/2007 AOS application mailed

07/27/2007 AOS application received (Chicago)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.