aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks folks for the well wishes on the Job.

Hey and WOW Congratulations Rings and Loke!!! :thumbs::dance: :dance: You guys must be so relieved after that long wait! Wonderful News!!! :D

Who's next?? :D

Hey Kath will give you a call later today...was out yesterday organising paperwork....don't we all love the paperwork!! :wacko: Have you heard when you start work yet?

Edited by girlfrmoz

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

Awe thanks you guys. I am so relieved. I called NVC today and they said that they alread forwarded the petition to the US Embassy on 05/30/07. Loke is going to call in the morning to see what he can find out. I can't believe how fast things are suddenly happening! eeeeeeeeeeeeee!

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Hey Loke,

I tried to track down my complete vaccination history but had little success.

I found that it is MUCH MUCH easier to get your family doctor to take blood and test for your immunity levels for all the vaccinations required of an adult. It was quick (took about a week for results to come back) and all I had to do was get my Dr to jab me with anything that was missing and I took the original record of my immunity along with a record of my recent jabs and that was it. Easy. I'd recommend that process to anyone with a sketchy vaccination history (with people having multiple doctors, school vaccinations etc. etc. its hard to get a record.)

I had a blood test for some things and I have the results with me now. Rings found me an old post of Hammy's where he listed the vaccinations I am likely to need so I am going back in the morning to organise the rest. I will still try to chase up the childhood stuff if I can but if I can't then at least I will have a reasonably comprehensive list. So far I'm good for measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, chickenpox, meningococcal and I am 2 out of 3 for my hep a and b jabs (and possibly diptheria too, I'm not so good with reading the test results haha). My understanding is I'm also going to need polio, flu, pertussis (just found out this is whooping cough - whoop whoop) and pneumococcal jabs.

I'm also calling Sydney in the morning and if they already have our petition and are getting ready to send me the forms, I will see if I can get my medical moved forward some. I doubt I will be able to sneak everything in before the July 31 fee hike deadline but it's worth a shot.

Edited by Loke

01/25/2007 Married on the beach in Australia

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

02/15/2007 I-130 mailed to NSC

02/26/2007 NOA1 (I-130) received

06/22/2007 Approved

02/27/2007 I-129F mailed

03/12/2007 NOA1 (I-129F) received

05/30/2007 Approved petition forwarded from NVC to Sydney

07/03/2007 Interview - K3 Visa approved

07/15/2007 arrived in the U S of A

AOS

07/23/2007 TB skin test and I-693A

07/26/2007 AOS application mailed

07/27/2007 AOS application received (Chicago)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Flu and pneumococcal done...I'm starting to feel like a pincushion....

Only pertussis and polio uncertain now and my doctor says they don't administer polio vaccine to adults here so I have to keep chasing my childhood immunisation records I guess.

01/25/2007 Married on the beach in Australia

02/15/2007 I-130 mailed to NSC

02/26/2007 NOA1 (I-130) received

06/22/2007 Approved

02/27/2007 I-129F mailed

03/12/2007 NOA1 (I-129F) received

05/30/2007 Approved petition forwarded from NVC to Sydney

07/03/2007 Interview - K3 Visa approved

07/15/2007 arrived in the U S of A

AOS

07/23/2007 TB skin test and I-693A

07/26/2007 AOS application mailed

07/27/2007 AOS application received (Chicago)

Filed: Timeline

First off CONGRATULATIONS To Both Rings and Loke... for your APPROVAL :dance::dance:

I was pretty close on my Prediction of Your Approval Date :whistle:

Well done and We are sooo happy for you both.. not long to go now to you are together again :thumbs:

Lyndel CONGRATULATIONS To you also on getting that Job @ Verizon :dance: woo hooo!!

Actually Cheryl and I are with Verizon FIOS INTERNET AND FAMILY PHONE PLAN THROUGH VERIZON.

CAN WE HAGGLE ON A PHONE DEAL FOR MOI :blush:

I NEED A PHONE LOL AND A GOOD FAMILY DEAL WHAT'S ON SPECIAL THIS MONTH HEHEHE.

Kath I would ring K-mart up and say well I have been waiting ffs where's this paperwork!!!!

Well went in on Monday for my Drug test for Home Depot.. and am waiting back for a call

From The HR Manager to say "COME ON DOWN YA'ALL"

HOLLYWOOD79 CONGRATULATIONS on your Visa well done!!

Hope Everyone else is doing well and moving along with their Petitions Fast.

Question...???????????????

As it stands now with the new charges $$ for AOS.

What is the price$ atm to do AOS..

Just Curious.. :unsure:

Cheers

Paul and Cheryl :thumbs:

Edited by hampster

"To love someone deeply gives you strength.

Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Question...???????????????

As it stands now with the new charges $$ for AOS.

What is the price$ atm to do AOS..

Just Curious.. :unsure:

Cheers

Paul and Cheryl :thumbs:

[/size]

Hi Paul,

Good luck on getting that job!!!

From the USCIS site...

Application To Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status I-485

$325.00 Please see Special Instructions 07/24/06. Previous editions accepted

Details here.

New Prices for those that don't know:

==============================

I 485

=====

Adjust status and become a permanent resident while in the U.S.

Applying based on your having been admitted to the U.S. as a refugee

No fee

All other eligibility-

If under 14 and - filing with the I-485 application of at least one parent:

$ 600

not filing with the I-485 application of at least one parent:

$ 930

If 79 or older

$ 930

All others: filing + biometric=

$ 1,010

Note: The penalty fee, where it applies, is in addition to the above fees, and is unchanged.

You can get the rundown on other fees here:

I-130

02/17/2007 - I-130 Express Mailed to VSC via USPS. (ETA 2/19/2007)

02/22/2007 - I-130 received by VSC.

06/12/2007 - NOA2 approval email received!!!

06/15/2007 - NOA2 letter received in the mail.

NVC

06/19/2007 - NVC receives case and assigns a case number!

08/27/2007 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

09/06/2007 - Case forwarded to Sydney

09/14/2007 - Wife receives Packet 3. Received NVC letter confirming case forward to Sydney.

10/26/2007 - Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!! WOOO WOOO!!!!!!

11/18/2007 - Enter the US via LAX (POE). No issues thankfully. 20 minutes of processing.

11/30/2007 - Welcome letter (two of them) received.

12/19/2007 - CR-1 Green Card received.

USCIS - I-751

09/23/2009 - Express Mailed Removal of Conditions application

09/24/2009 - USPS confirmed delivery to VSC

09/29/2009 - Check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2009 - Received NOA I-797C dated 09/25/2009

10/10/2009 - Received Biometric appt letter for 10/29/2009

10/29/2009 - Biometrics taken. Whole process took about 40 min including the wait

12/22/2009 - Approved for ROC!

01/08/2010 - Received text and email: Card production ordered

01/15/2010 - Received Green Card in the mail!

USCIS - N-400

04/22/2011 - Express Mailed Application for Naturalization

04/27/2011 - Check cashed by USCIS

04/28/2011 - Received NOA I-797C dated 04/26/2011

05/27/2011 - Biometrics taken. Process took approx 35 min with wait

07/29/2011 - Received Interview Appt letter scheduled for 09/01/2011 dated 07/26/2011

09/01/2011 - Interview and Oath. Now a USC! The VJ is over!

Timeline

HOLY GUACAMOLE those fees are steep!!!!!

Edited by girlfrmoz

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia

HOLY GUACAMOLE those fees are steep!!!!!

Yeah need to gte 4 part time jobs :blink: to pay for the new fees ffs!! :wacko:

Lyndel CONGRATULATIONS To you also on getting that Job @ Verizon :dance: woo hooo!!

Actually Cheryl and I are with Verizon FIOS INTERNET AND FAMILY PHONE PLAN THROUGH VERIZON.

CAN WE HAGGLE ON A PHONE DEAL FOR MOI :blush:

I NEED A PHONE LOL AND A GOOD FAMILY DEAL WHAT'S ON SPECIAL THIS MONTH HEHEHE.

Cheers

Paul

Timeline

I have no idea how we are going to pay those fees, but we will figure it out surely *worries* :(

Thanks Hammy for all of your help. Loke and I have used so many of your posts in our process. We appreciate the vaccination posts a lot. We are still hoping to work out what else he needs done.

We moved our medical up so hopefully he will get the packet from the Embassy *twitches* soon. The NVC said that they sent it to Australia on 05/30/07, but when Loke called them they would not let him know if they had received it yet or not. They told him that he will just have to wait for the packet *tries not to hyperventilate*

Anyway CONGRATS to you all for the jobs! I think that Loke has to wait for a workers visa with the K3 so he may not be able to get a job right away (another reason to begin freaking out about these fees) We are hoping that we will beat some of the inflated costs :(

I think that I fall into the bracket on the AOS (Affidavitt of Support) for the (no fee) but I am not sure now. I have been questioning it, but there is no way I will have $900 in time *hyperventilates again*

Are there any sort of waivers for fees for single moms? haha gah.... I hope things don't fall apart. *grinds teeth*

Hammy I have no clue on phone deals :( I don't have a cell phone or anything or I would help, but I do know that there are specials all the time. Maybe some company names might help:

Cell Phone Companies (That I know of)

Verizon

Sprint

Qwest

T-Mobile

Nextel

Maybe you can google these and see what deals they are offering? I hope this helps some *hugs*

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

I have no idea how we are going to pay those fees, but we will figure it out surely *worries* :(

Thanks Hammy for all of your help. Loke and I have used so many of your posts in our process. We appreciate the vaccination posts a lot. We are still hoping to work out what else he needs done.

We moved our medical up so hopefully he will get the packet from the Embassy *twitches* soon. The NVC said that they sent it to Australia on 05/30/07, but when Loke called them they would not let him know if they had received it yet or not. They told him that he will just have to wait for the packet *tries not to hyperventilate*

Anyway CONGRATS to you all for the jobs! I think that Loke has to wait for a workers visa with the K3 so he may not be able to get a job right away (another reason to begin freaking out about these fees) We are hoping that we will beat some of the inflated costs :(

I think that I fall into the bracket on the AOS (Affidavitt of Support) for the (no fee) but I am not sure now. I have been questioning it, but there is no way I will have $900 in time *hyperventilates again*

Are there any sort of waivers for fees for single moms? haha gah.... I hope things don't fall apart. *grinds teeth*

Hammy I have no clue on phone deals :( I don't have a cell phone or anything or I would help, but I do know that there are specials all the time. Maybe some company names might help:

Cell Phone Companies (That I know of)

Verizon

Sprint

Qwest

T-Mobile

Nextel

Maybe you can google these and see what deals they are offering? I hope this helps some *hugs*

Hey Rings :dance:

Well if the NVC sent it on 30th of May.. I would think Loke should have the Paperwork in his

Hands by :unsure: umm thinking.... :unsure: prolly the ... 3rd week of June :thumbs:

Going by my timetable of how it worked for myself recieving the paperwork from the Consulate!

As you know you need the Packet from the Embassy

prior to making US MEDICAL DCOTOR'S APPOINTMENT..

AS YOU NEED THE SAID PAPERWORK TO TAKE WITH YOU REGARDING MEDICAL FORMS.

I HOPE IT COMES SOON FOR YOU BOTH :thumbs:

Well still waiting for Phonecall back from Home Depot.. regarding start date :angry:

But they have to wait on my Drug Test Results ( wee in a cup :wacko: )

apologies for anyone reading that whilst drinking a Beverage :lol: hehehe

And also my DHS Background Check to come back.

But the HR Manager said he will call me back as early as today (Wednesday)

So fingers crossed as I know I am Innocent of any and all crimes :innocent:

And my drug test (wee in a cup) was mine :blink: ..

Happiness and Good Luck to you and Loke

Cheers

Paul

Timeline

I was hunting UCIS looking for the I-134 Affidavit of Support information and it says there is no fee, but the is a $1,000.00 fee for the I-134A so I am thinking that I won't have to pay for the next step. Do you suppose that they updated the USCIS site to reflect the inflation costs?

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

hi ya you guys

hope all is well with everyone...

went to k mart to fill out the forms and wont be starting the orientation till next week or so lol slacko's .. not too impressed on the hourly rate but its experience and a way to save money for the kids to come over..earning less than what i did in oz...

now about these new fees....they go up on the 30th july 2007 .. so get anything in before that date and you wont have to pay the higher fees..hammy and girlfromoz try to get them in guys will save you heaps...

from what i am reading off the fee listings the AOS hike includes AOS, EAD and AP...which to me is stupid because for one thing I got my greencard before I got my EAD (which i applied for) and to save money I didnt apply for the AP (which is the travel authority before you get your greencard) so once again they are trying their darness to get money out of us...

also the affidavit of support for the interview at sydney and AOS doesnt cost anything .. zero zilch...

also while i am on the subject...i want to clear up something i was wrong about and have been corrected on .. in a post in a different forum...

remember i was rambling on about the way you have to do removal of conditions when your 2 year greencard expires ..I was of the thinking it was a waste of money to many...because usually immigrants go for naturalization within 3 or 5 years of being here... i cant remember how he put it so will find the post for you guys to read...

MY POST:

Kath -- Yesterday, 03:49 PM

hi ya all

i for one couldnt believe the increases...with all the public comments received over 3000 i wonder if they even read them ..

what really annoys me is im going to be removing conditions next year ... that will give me my 10 year greencard...many become citzens before that 10 year card expires...the government is really getting free and extra money from the public in my eyes...i cannot see why they cannot split the removing conditions to a 5 year one ..because that is one of the requirements of applying for naturalization...either 3 or 5 year eligibility to apply...

sighhh i feel for all those applying after july for their visa's...wonder if the financial aspect will deter immigrants...cos boy oh boy its a big financial responsibility for some couples...

ok end of rant..

kath

REPLIES:

Yodrak -- Today, 07:58 AM

Kath,

You seem to be misunderstanding what removal of conditions is, and what a green card is.

A LPR with conditions has been granted LPR status for a limited two-year period of time. Removing the conditions happens only once, and makes one a LPR for life or until they abandon the status. Removing conditions does not make a person a LPR for another limited period of time.

The green card is an ID card - a photo ID card. It needs to be replaced periodically, as a person's appearance changes with time. At the present time the replacement period is set at 10 years. Recognize that renewal of the card is not renewal of status - a person will remain a LPR whether or not they renew their card. Failure to renew the card may cause them some practical difficulties, but it will not cause them to lose their LPR status - it's not like a drivers license where the benefit ends when the ID card expires.

One way of abandoning LPR status is to leave the USA to take up residence in a different country. Another way is to become a US citizen. A LPR can chose to apply for citizenship at any time once they become eligible - soon after or long after. As you say, many LPRs chose to become citizens soon after they achieve eligibility. Many others chose to become citizens long after they have achieved eligibility, and still others chose to remain LPRs for life and never apply for citizenship.

So what has this got to do with the fact that a green card becomes obsolete every 10 years and needs to be replaced? Most LPRs would probably prefer a longer period between card renewals, not a shorter period. And if the government were really making money on the renewals, and was depending on it as a source of income, the card renewal period probably would be less than 10 years!

Yodrak

John & Annie -- Today, 09:22 AM

To add onto Yodrak's comment, The "public" is not paying for anything. USCIS is a fee based agency and must pay its own bills. You are paying for your application and those of refugees and those seeking asylum.

As to the financial aspect, in the grand scheme of things the fee increases are not that much money. And yes, it will deter people, but the vigilant will still come. I make a decent income and we have had to budget to pay the fees, but it is worth every penny. IMHO, when you have to sacrifice to attain something, you do value it more.

Look at the immigrants of days past, they used to have to spend weeks on ships in substandard conditions, not get on a flight with meal service. When they got off of the boat, people were there trying to exploit them, not have a family member waiting with enough support verified to get them established.

I think we have a much better deal.

Now it makes sense to me and I dont know where my head was at...so I thought I would correct what I said in here to you all so you can understand the greencard thing more clearly...hope you dont mind ... it is so different to the australian way of life where an immigrant isnt given a card for the permanent resident and it doesnt have to be updated what so ever..i should know i was a permenant resident of australia for more then 30 odd years until i became an austrlian citizen....although i was born in england my family immigrated to australia when i was 8 and was married to a pom that didnt believe we should become an australian and put his beliefs onto me .. in those days i didnt have a mind of my own on alot of things in that marriage...

well thats the end of my little rant well not so little hehehe

kath

p.s. hammy i know you probably want to go with verizon on the mobile thing but just to be going on with you could do what i did and buy a small pre paid mobile with cingular which cost about 19 dollars and you get 10 dollars credit to go with it and you can choose the a plan of 10c a minute..international calling and texting and a $1 daily fee the texting is 5 cents to send and receive that includes international texting.. you could also choose 25cent a minute no daily fee and the same texting amount...it does me .. i only got it to text my family in oz ...

ATT pre paid phone i have

ok talk to ya all soon

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

i got an email from the Consulate...

they've recieved our petition and mailed out packet 3 on the 5th june!!

which means i should get it today!! lets hope so!!!

Flu and pneumococcal done...I'm starting to feel like a pincushion....

Only pertussis and polio uncertain now and my doctor says they don't administer polio vaccine to adults here so I have to keep chasing my childhood immunisation records I guess.

One more thing about the medical, make sure you ask if you can claim it on Medicare. I didn't and when I went to Medicare yesterday to get a cash refund they said I couldn't because the invoice/receipt wasn't itemised!! Unfortunately I don not have the time to drive back to Monash and sort this out.

11-05-06 Sent I-130 to California

06-01-07 INTERVIEW

06-04-07 Received VISA in the mail. Silly Consulate issued me CR-1 instead of IR-1, no time to change it in Australia, will try to change it once in California.

06-10-07 POE SFO

06-21-07 Receive SSN#

07-12-07 Receive Green Card in the mail STILL HAD CR1 INSTEAD OF IR1

12-10-07 Finally sent I-90 asking for a new green card with correct info.

06-17-08 INFOPASS - Was told USCIS sent new green card to old address back in Jan. Will resend it but may not be able to correct error as it was made by Consulate not USCIS.

What to do now??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

2 more sleeps and I will be with my sweetheart! :luv:

I sometimes still can't believe it... :dance:

Congrats on all approvals and new job offers!!!

11/27/2006 Filed I-129F

12/01/06 received at CSC NOA1

12/09/06 checked cleared

02/28/07 touched!

02/28/07 NOA2 via email 3 of them!!!!

03/01/07 touched

03/09/07 NOA2 received via snail mail

03/20/07 Received email from Sydney that packet 3 should be mailed out tomorrow

03/26/07 Fiance received packet 3

4/26/07 Fiance medical appointment

5/01/07 New date of medical appointment

5/14/07 Fiance interview date!

VISA APPROVED!

6/8/07 My fiance arrives in America

7/14/07 Wedding day!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.