effect on the date of filing with NVC or with post. [NOTE:

Reftel had indicated that poverty guidelines in effect as of the

date of signing would apply. Instead, posts are to consider the

guidelines in effect as of the date the I-864 is submitted.]

Updated tax returns should not be requested absent positive

evidence of public charge issues. The sponsor signature on Form

I-864 does not need to be notarized since the sponsor is signing

under penalty of perjury.

Sound like you have all the info anyways and you sound prepared. It never hurts to get anything notorized tho. I certified everything even though it wasnt required. Just noted you wouldnt need it just in case it was going to cause a delay.

I-130

09/06/06: Sent I-130 to VSC via MP - sig confirm, 09/08/06 Mail arrived @ VSC

09/11/06: NOA1

09/18/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

09/19/06: Touched

09/20/06: Touched

I-129F

09/23/06: Sent I-129F (new form) to Chi P.O Box via MP - certified mail w/ return receipt

09/25/06: Mail arrived @ Chi

09/27/06: NOA1

09/28/06: Touched (no status change) - check $

09/29/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

10/03/06: Touched

10/04/06: Touched

10/26/06: Touched - case transferred Chi to VSC

10/27/06: Touched

11/04/06: Touched - VSC received case on 11/3

11/07/06: Touched

11/08/06: Touched

11/09/06: Touched - case now pending 11/18

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm also at FBI

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Elle!

Thank you so much for following up this info for me! However, I just realised that we're "singing from different song sheets" on this one :)

You went through the K-3 Process with the I-864 and I'm going through the K-1 Process with the I-134. Different forms, different rules it seems. I doubled checked it when I realised that. On page 2 of the Information Sheet DS-2000 (enclosed with my I-134 in package 3) it says...

To substantiate the information regarding income and resources the sponsor should attach two or more of the following items to the affidavit:

1. Notarized copies of his or her latest federal income tax return;

2. A statement from his or her employer showing salary and the length and permanency of employment;

3. ....

4. ....

I'm too lazy to write out 3 and 4... but I've got 1 and 2... #1 is still on its way in the mail...

I really appreciate the help anyway Elle :) Just goes to show that this visa process is a tricky process indeed!

Cheers,

Jess

Timeline

I have another question for you guys regarding the interview...

My instructions letter in packet 3 seems to state that I'd need photocopies of ALL documents except for photos. The follow-up letter with my interview letter makes mention of only photocopies of birth cert, divorce/death cert, police cert, court and military records.

Did you take along photocopies of everything else for example passports, medical records, forms etc? If so, did you include it in the bundle or did you keep it in your bag for just in case?

I'm assuming that you keep your evidence of relationship until interviewed at the next window.

I'm also assuming that the silly x-ray has served its purpose and doesn't need to accompany you to the interview.

I'm also assuming that you attached your two passport photographs to the DS-156's prior to the interview.

I know these questions are stupid, but I'm hopeless and if I don't ask them I will stupidly worry :unsure::blush:

Thank you thank you thank you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey Jezz,

You need all ORIGINALS of documents...not photocopies for the interview.Make sure everything is in order...they're very strict about that..You need photocopies of birth certificate...I took my original police certificate.

They didn't check all the additional info I put together (additional photos, emails/chat transcripts etc etc) but it's better to have more than less..and be safer than sorry, as most would agree. You don't need your X-ray with you, but need your medical results. You do however, need to take your X-RAY with you to the U.S..and carry it in your hand luggage incase they ask for it..but you don't need to take it to the interview.

Hope it goes very smoothy, and let me know if you have further questions or are unsure about anything- I had my interview 2 wks ago, so things are still fresh in my mind and I'm happy to help! Good luck!!

Now a question for everyone- does anyone know how long one has to be in the U.S on a k1? ie: when can I leave the country for a vacation??? thanks!!

I have another question for you guys regarding the interview...

My instructions letter in packet 3 seems to state that I'd need photocopies of ALL documents except for photos. The follow-up letter with my interview letter makes mention of only photocopies of birth cert, divorce/death cert, police cert, court and military records.

Did you take along photocopies of everything else for example passports, medical records, forms etc? If so, did you include it in the bundle or did you keep it in your bag for just in case?

I'm assuming that you keep your evidence of relationship until interviewed at the next window.

I'm also assuming that the silly x-ray has served its purpose and doesn't need to accompany you to the interview.

I'm also assuming that you attached your two passport photographs to the DS-156's prior to the interview.

I know these questions are stupid, but I'm hopeless and if I don't ask them I will stupidly worry :unsure::blush:

Thank you thank you thank you.

Timeline

Hi Tamzo!

I'm embarassed cos I didn't make myself clear... I meant photocopies in addition to all my originals :D So tamzo, did you have photocopies along with the originals of everything or just only photocopies of birth cert, divorce/death cert, police cert, court and military records? (where applicable)?

And I think I can help you out on that question of yours... The answer is, you can't leave the country until your AOS is fully processed and you've got your 'green card' in your hand. UNLESS you apply for AP (Advance Parole) and of course pay the $$$. By all accounts getting AP is pretty straight forward.

Edited by jezz85

Timeline
Hi Tamzo!

I'm embarassed cos I didn't make myself clear... I meant photocopies in addition to all my originals :D So tamzo, did you have photocopies along with the originals of everything or just only photocopies of birth cert, divorce/death cert, police cert, court and military records? (where applicable)?

And I think I can help you out on that question of yours... The answer is, you can't leave the country until your AOS is fully processed and you've got your 'green card' in your hand. UNLESS you apply for AP (Advance Parole) and of course pay the $$$. By all accounts getting AP is pretty straight forward.

Hi Jezz,

don't be sorry- this whole process is sooooo confusing at times! I only had photocopies of my birth certificate, other things weren't applicable- so to answer your question..originals of everything (ie:boarding passes, affidavit of support, emails, photos, chat transcripts- all originals) but birth certificate and other things = photocopies

Thanks for answering my question! Hope I helped!

Filed: Timeline

Hi Jess and Tam..

When I had my CR1 Interview I had photocopied EVERYTHING.

Marraige Certificate,+ Copy

Birth Certificate, + Copy

Police Check as well as Fingerprints. + Copy of both.

Chest Xray report + Copy

Medical

Remember TO SCAN both sides of documents,

as more often than most there is a bar code on back of documents.

I made my copies on my color scanner / printer so it was copied,

in the same precise color as the original ones.

I scan front and back of documents,

then print it off front first.

Then put the printed one back in the printer paper feed,

so when copying the back of the document you just printed,

prints the rear of the document

on the back of the front you just printed. :blink:

And then just repeat the process for each document.

In Sydney they like each document to be.

Original then Copy and so on.

Do not under any circumstances Staple the documents together :unsure:

When I had my CR1 Interview they took all my documents,

then returned all my originals so they kept the copies.

Cheers

Paul :thumbs:

"To love someone deeply gives you strength.

Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

Timeline

Thanks paul!

Did you give them photocopies of your passport and your forms as well?

As for stapling things together... I won't staple my photocopies to my originals but... you don't mean don't staple your three page forms together do you?

Filed: Timeline
Thanks paul!

Did you give them photocopies of your passport and your forms as well?

As for stapling things together... I won't staple my photocopies to my originals but... you don't mean don't staple your three page forms together do you?

Welcome Jess :thumbs:

They must have photocopied my passport bio graphical page,

as it is part of my CR1 VISA STAMP

I photocopied everything.. even thought about

photocopying my Bu# ( | ) lol... joking :lol:

Make sure you have in order all forms

original then photocopy

original then photocopy

and so on and so on!!

Cheers

Paul

I be spending a couple days in Sydney prior to flying to be with My Cheryl

"To love someone deeply gives you strength.

Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Checked BaggageEconomy Class Free Baggage Acceptance

[*]2 Checked Bags: Maximum 50 lbs (23 kg) and 62 linear inches (157 cm)

Hey Paul and Kath, just wanted to add a comment about the Continental baggage limits, etc having just flown with them. Although you get to take 2 suitcases 32kg on international flights...yeah i got a shock when i checked in with continental to fly to CO and found out the limit was 23kgs per suitcase. Anyway, i had to pay for the extra weight but it wasn't too bad. They charge $25 USD per suitcase. I think it was worth it to be able to bring so much stuff with me.

Thanks again everyone for your kind thoughts...I can only say that I am so so happy to be in the USA with my hunny! Hey it's great to see so many newbies in here too!!! Would be nice to get a list going of aussies leaving for the USA and approx when so we can keep track now there is so many of us.

Well, I got my vegimite that my work gave me in my farewell present confiscated at customs... :angry: apparently it was too big so I bought a tube duty free just before I left..mind you getting decent bread to spread it on is proving difficult. Have been eating sourdough i think that's the closest to aussie bread.

Well...I guess I will be on here quite a bit for awhile...my body clock is so out of wack. :wacko:

Good luck with starting work tomorrow Kath....I think you will have a great time! :star:

Well I better go and get this wedding organised.... :D

Take care

Lyndel

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia

Timeline

Wow I finally made it to the down under discussion!! :dance:

Married............................................................03/10/07

Filed AOS for me and daughter...........................05/18/07

Checks cashed... ..............................................05/25/07

Received NOA1 on... .........................................06/01/07

Biometrics appointment scheduled for..................06/18/07

Touched for EAD on ...........................................06/11/07

Attended Biometrics on... ....................................06/18/07

Touched for EAD, and I-485 on ............................06/19/07

Touched for EAD and AOS on...............................06/20/07

Case transfered to California Service Center on ....06/26/07

Touched for AOS on.............................................07/09/07

Touched for AOS on.............................................07/10/07

EAD Card production ordered...............................08/01/07

EAD Approval notice sent.....................................08/07/07

EAD Card arrived in the mail.................................08/13/07

Touched for AOS.................................................09/11/2007

Contacted local Congressman...............................02/21/2008

Touched..............................................................03/06/2008

Touched..............................................................03/07/2008

Received my permanent resident card...................march 2008

letter mailed requesting more information for my daughter......04/15/08

Checks were cashed October 17th 2007

hi winterr

did you have trouble finding us again lol...good news you got can get a copy of the NOA2 ..i messaged you back..

an easy way to find us is go to the bottom of this page and under similar topics there is a pull down thing that gives you some choices..choose asia:east and pacific (expecept china) and click on go it will bring ya here quicker lol

hey there lyndel

you should of told them that you have just come off an international flight...thats what we did ..but glad you at least had some american money to pay for the excess ....was that vegemite in your hand luggage was it...i put all my stuff like that in my suitcases and only took food i was going to eat in my hand luggage...makes ya wonder dont it what the hell they do with it all...was that in melb or was in state side...as for the bread lol (my biggest beef) try some italian bread ...sourdough is good too...robbie got some italian long roll the other day it was so yummy toasted so the other day i toasted some and put narna on top ..omg i was in heaven .. i hadnt had it since i got here lol...and your right mate was just saying that the other week we will have to make a list of everyone with their details...might do some research on you lot if ya dont mind and see if i can organise a list..any objections...

hammy maybe you should ring continental in oz to see if that can be done for you..we flew qantas then united to detroit...and had no problems...

well jess ya countdown has begun.. what time is your appointment...8am? thursday there now so omyyyyyyyyy its tomorrow for you whoo hoooo...good luck to you ...let us know how you went and dont forget to post a review of your interview in the embassey review thread...

take care you lot

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Timeline

Hi Kath!

The interview is next Friday! Friday the 4th of May to be exact, at 8am. Just realised I'm going to have to leave home at the crack of dawn for some early morning public transport action. LOL. Thanks Kath, the countdown HAS begun. :D

gawwwwwwwwwwwwwd i am going nuts ...get me outta here lol...my brain needs exercising ...its going to mush ...

i knew the date dont know why i thought may was in the next few days ...but the good luck still stands lol ohh early to bed for you young lady the night before lol...you will do fine...

tc

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Timeline

On the i-134 I have I don't see where it says tax return has to be notorized unless that is on the letter he received in the packet he received. :huh:

I just see that it asks for a bank letter verifiying when account opened and amount deposited, letter from job and salary paid and if self employed a copy of last tax returned filed. I only see that the affidavit needs to be notorized. I guess I need to ask my fiance. I filed online so everything is electronic you can print it out of course but not really sure why it needs to be notorized. I suppose I could print it out again and do that.

11/27/2006 Filed I-129F

12/01/06 received at CSC NOA1

12/09/06 checked cleared

02/28/07 touched!

02/28/07 NOA2 via email 3 of them!!!!

03/01/07 touched

03/09/07 NOA2 received via snail mail

03/20/07 Received email from Sydney that packet 3 should be mailed out tomorrow

03/26/07 Fiance received packet 3

4/26/07 Fiance medical appointment

5/01/07 New date of medical appointment

5/14/07 Fiance interview date!

VISA APPROVED!

6/8/07 My fiance arrives in America

7/14/07 Wedding day!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.