aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
How do I know if I need both I-134 / I-864 forms? Do they send that in the packet or something? I already did the I-134, but I read that the US consulate in Australia will require both forms HERE

Should I have both forms and all supporting documents ready for him early or should I wait for the packet first? I already did the I-134 and I already have all the paperwork neccessary, but I wanted to check and see how this part works

It depends on which visa you are interviewing for:

K visas = I-134 (if any)

IV = I-864

Ks will have to adjust status (AOS) and will require I-864 with that application.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank you so much Meauxna! I was worried that I may need both and then only did the one form and then it may cause delays while they requested the next one... whoa did that make sense?

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Thank you so much Meauxna! I was worried that I may need both and then only did the one form and then it may cause delays while they requested the next one... whoa did that make sense?

heh.. once you're in for the interview, *everything* is easier to sort out--you're right there in person!

hey, *I* have some paperwork that needs doing.. since you're all caught up and everything.... :)

Edited by meauxna

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hahaha I don't feel caught up at all lol

I feel so unorganized even though david thinks I overkill it lol

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

hi davidaustralia

welcome to the nut house of the aussie/american couples...narrh were not that bad i dont think lol..glad you could join us.. which part of the states you going to be at...

ya know its so good that we can all share things in here and that thread has been kept going for so long now..

we have a gorgeous sunny day here and its lovely to get sun on the skin lol...poor robbie is working today so there goes the weekend..really sux this 6 day work week for him...arhh well come july its holiday time..robbie cant wait he is so burned out..

see ya's

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Filed: Timeline

Hi All ..

For All the Aussie Rules Fans out there

here are the scores so far this round 4.

20/4/2007 MCG @ 19:40Full Time Richmond14.16.(100)G: Bowden, Richardson 3, Tivendale, Tuck, Polak 3, Hyde 3, Shulz 2 Western Bulldogs20.12.(132)G: Darcy 4, Cooney 4, Giansiracusa, Hargrave, Robbins 2, Murphy 4, Higgins 2, Johnson, Boyd 21/4/2007 Telstra Dome @ 14:10Full Time St Kilda9.14.(66)G: Blake, Riewoldt 4, Milne 3, Harvey Essendon15.9.(99)G: Lucas 3, Davey, Ryder,Lloyd 3, Laycock, Slattery, Lovett, Fletcher, Peverill, Monfries, Stanton 21/4/2007 MCG @ 14:10Full Time Collingwood9.12.(66)G: Rocca 2,Johnson, Maxwell, Pendlebury 2, Davis, Swan 2 Port Adelaide12.12.(84)G: Ebert 3,White, Burgoyne 2, Cornes, Wilson 2, Mahoney 2, Rodan 21/4/2007 Carrara Stadium @ 19:40Full Time Kangaroos12.15.(87)G: Harris, Thomas, Petrie, Jones, Harvey, Brown 3, Wells 2, McIntosh, Sinclair Brisbane8.15.(63)G: Black 2, Harding, Johnson, Notting, Mcgrath 2, Brown, 21/4/2007 AAMI Stadium @ 0:10Full Time Adelaide9.7.(61)G: Welsh 2, Burton 3, Bock, Edwards, Porplyzia, Perrie Sydney5.14.(44)G: Hall, Jolly 2, O'Loughlin 2 :dance::dance::dance::dance: 22/4/2007 Aurora Stadium @ 13:10Hawthorn..()Geelong..()22/4/2007 MCG @ 14:10Melbourne..()Fremantle..()22/4/2007 Subiaco Oval @ 16:40West Coast..()Carlton..()

Cheers

Paul

<H1 style="MARGIN: auto 0cm; TEXT-ALIGN: center" align=center>Adelaide Crows Club Song</H1>

We're the pride of South Australia

The mighty Adelaide Crows.

We're courageous, stronger, faster

And respected by our foes.

Admiration of the nation

Our determination shows.

We're the mighty Adelaide Crows

We give our best from coast to coast

Where the story will be told.

As we fight the rugged battles

The flag will be our goal.

Our skill and nerve will see us through

Our commitment ever grows.

We're the mighty Adelaide Crows.

"To love someone deeply gives you strength.

Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

GUDONYA HAMMY~~~~~!!!!!!!

If anyone wants to listen to the football on the net and your in the states

www.afl.com then click on gameday live under the match that is on.then click on live game radio and you will be able to listen to the commentators.

the match video's you can view the following day...so if any of you yanks havent seen our footy yet thats a good way to see the game...

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
hi patricia

i am so sorry about that.. you have posted in before i thought i recognised the nick but wasnt sure...have you decided which path you are going along... i read some of your posts hope you dont mind i was just curious if i had seen ya nick in here before...

there is so many of ya's now im forgetting names lol.. ok ok its not that im just getting old an going batty..lol

take care

kath

Hi Kath

I've posted before & introduced myself (in the Introduction Thread) about a month or so ago now. I have been doing a lot of travel for work lately & haven't had a chance to comprehensively check on your very informative posts about the visa process. I've just been mainly lurking as I haven't had much to contribute since we haven't done anything as far as our visa is concerned.

But...I guess the latest development is that we will now be aiming for a Fiance Visa (K-1) rather than our initially intended Spousal Visa. Our plan (before it all changed last week) was to get married here in Australia in October & apply for a K-3 visa soon after our wedding. But Zach needs to start his PhD by January 7th & of course we know our K-3 visa wouldn't be approved by early next year. So we looked at other options. Zach turned to his local Congressman who then put us in touch with a FANTASTIC person who has been giving us much needed advice and assistance on the best way to go about the whole thing. So for the past week & a half, Zach has been liaising with her & sending me instructions on how to put together "my part" so that we can lodge our K-1 visa before he leaves for Australia in late May. So that's our timeline.

We're hoping that we can both fly out of Australia no later than mid-December on the K-1 visa. Wishful thinking, maybe? But I sure hope not. Our fantastic advisor has assured us that as long as we cross our t's & dot our i's, the processing time of our application should be done within the most recent "average time of processing". I guess even if it doesn't, the fact that she's reassuring us and helping us through it is keeping me very positive and determined that everything will go as smoothly as possible.

I got my passport photos done today to send over to Zach aswell as hunting down my birth certificate to get certified by the JP at work tomorrow. I also have to fill out my Biographical Information and my aim is to get everything sent off to Zach by Tuesday. Any fellow K-1ers got any further advice they'd like to share to me?

Well, there's my lengthy update. Congratulations to everybody who have had the absolute pleasure of being granted their visas. I'm so happy for all of you & know that one day, I shall be added to that long list of success stories :)

Until next time!

Patricia

swagbucks-173x63.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Patricia! Nice to see another K-1er!

Where abouts in Australia are you based and where will you be living you get to the US?

I'm at the 'waiting for my interview in Sydney' stage of the process.

Any fellow K-1ers got any further advice they'd like to share to me?

Your prospective timeline sounds pretty realistic, according to my experience and that of others, I'd be tentitively optimisitic about a late December date. Although, as you know is so unpredictable that it could take longer of course :) but I hope it doesn't!

Okay, advice from me would be...

1) In your I-129F be exhaustive. (This is what your fiance is filing now, to start the process). We got a request for more evidence (RFE) for something that was technically beyond what we needed. We sent in a copy of my USC Fiance's birth certificate and they sent a RFE for a copy of his passport as well despite having said one OR the other. I don't want to scare you, but thats what they did to us... so my advice is to send MORE than what they say to be on the safe side... heres what is said about this bit...

"Copy of the Birth certificate (front and back) for the US Citizen or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport issued with a validity of at least 5 years or a copy of the US Citizen's naturalization certificate (front and back). This is used to establish citizenship. "

2) Once the application is approved in the US, things really start happening. The US consulate in Sydney will send you a package. This is called package 3, in it is a complete list of things you need. The biggies are A) Affidavit of Support stuff you'll need from you SO B) Police Certificate with with finger printing C)Medical exam (with blood test and chest X-ray)

So my #2 bit of advice is, if you're really keen, use this website to get well aquainted ahead of time with whats on that list and start following it up. Police checks and medical are BOTH valid for a year, so if you got them both now, they'd still be valid by the end of the year. I had to go to my own personal doctor first to get my complete vaccination history (which, as it turns out, my doctor didn't have). I ended up getting a blood test for immunity to show my vaccination history from my own personal doctor. I then took the original lab report with me to the doctor the consulate wanted me to go to for the physical. I'd start following up vaccination history now. If you're missing some vaccinations, get your personal doctor to give them to you, it'll be cheaper. Then, you won't have to get any from the consulates doctor.

Okay, I hope all that made sense. Thats what I would do if I had to do it all again. IF you have everything that you have to collect already organised by the time package 3 gets sent to you, you will be able to send back the form that states that you're ready for the interview straight away, thus securing your appointment time faster.

Best of luck!

Jess

Timeline
Police checks and medical are BOTH valid for a year, so if you got them both now, they'd still be valid by the end of the year.

I can't find the edit button so I'm gonna tell you my mistake LOL. You'll have to wait for the package to get the forms you need for the medical...

BUT you CAN get your complete vaccination history ahead of time so you're prepared. I'd reccommend it. It took me a while and a couple of appointments with my doctor to decide to get a blood test, which ended up the easiest option if you don't have your full history already at your finger tips. I went along to the consulate doctor with two bits of paper 1)The ORIGINAL report from pathology with my immunity levels on it (I got my doctor to test for all the required vaccinations needed for a person my age). 2) I had a signed ORIGINAL print-out of the vaccinations my personal doctor had given me to "fill in the blanks".

Also..

http://www.sapolice.sa.gov.au/sapol/servic...certificate.jsp

This website has the application form for the national police certificate for SA. According to my information sheet (in package 3) for SA it will take 5-15 working days to process. You must get a national police certificate AND Fingerprint Check. It costs $140 in SA (quoted 22nd Feb, may have changed). You call up your local police station and either ask for a walk in or book an appointment. (In Sydney, I tried for a walk in three times before I gave up and booked an appointment, at my local station they only do booked appointments on sundays, all other days are walk in but they can't do it if someone is in lock up... and there always seems to be! LOL.)

If you don't have a Birth Certificate (a full one showing info like parents names) now is also the time that you can send for one or more copies of that. I only have one copy but others have several and recommend it for later in the process when you get to the US and do AOS.

Anyway, these are just some long winded suggestions that I hope are of some use to you. I'm sure the others will have some really good advice too, since I'm still doing the process.

Jess

Hi Jess and Patricia attached is the Medical Forms in pdf form.

I hope this helps .. use only as a guide only.. :whistle:

Also here is the South Australian Police link

for your National Police Clearance as well as fingerprints.

Make sure when you go in to have Cash take around $150.00 to be safe.

They don't do eftpos or direct debit.

Also when doing the paperwork,

mention to the Officer doing it say i is for a Visa.

Q: Do I need to have my fingerprints taken to get a NPC?

A:No, SAPOL checks identifying data and this is normally sufficient.

You may however have special requirements such as a

visa for overseas travel, employment or immigration,

or your employer or regulatory body requires absolute identity checking.

A NPC with fingerprints requires an additional charge

not subject to any concessions (see Fees below) .

Fingerprints and history check: $140.00

You must ensure your fingerprint form is firmly attached

to the NPC application form.

SAPOL is unable to advise on visa requirements

and will need to verify the requirements yourself.

Q: Do I need a NPC for my visa application?

A:SAPOL is unable to advise on visa or overseas travel requirements.

Please check your visa requirements carefully

as you may require a NPC prepared by

the Australian Federal Police and you may also

require fingerprints to be taken.

Q: How can I collect my NPC?

A:You may request that the NPC is collected from any police station,

mailed to your postal address or mailed to a third party.

(I would pick it up. just get them to call you on your best contact number.)

You must provide suitable identification at the time of collection.

Having a NPC posted to you is undertaken at your own risk.

SAPOL holds no responsibility for any loss or unauthorised access which may occur.

You need to indicate on the form whether

the NPC is to be sent to your postal or residential address.

You may collect the NPC from Adelaide Police Station if it is urgently required.

Someone else may collect a NPC for you,

if you have signed a letter of authority or completed the third party

collection section on the form.

You are required to identify the person collecting your NPC

on the application form, or you must provide them with a letter of authority.

To ensure the security and privacy of your information,

applicants are unable to vary to collection method

after the form has been submitted.

For more details about NPCs and how to apply,

refer to the NPC frequently asked questions or contact the Records Release Unit.

Phone: 08 8204 2455

Fax: 08 8204 2307

email: SAPOL.records@police.sa.gov.au

Records Release Unit,

South Australia Police

GPO Box 1539

ADELAIDE SA 5001

http://www.sapolice.sa.gov.au/sapol/servic...certificate.jsp

You can download the pdf application form.

The best Police station to get both NPC AND FINGERPRINTS is,

ELIZABETH POLICE STATION

Opening Hours:24 HRS 7 DAYS A WEEK

Address:17 FROBISHER RD

ELIZABETH 5112

Phone Number:08 82079411

Fax Number:08 82079462

here is the link to

Births Deaths and Marraiges.

for downloading for birth certificates +

http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/bdm/forms.html#B...ame_Certificate

I hope this information helps you and anyone,

else needing the information from Adelaide.

Cheers

Paul :thumbs:

Medical_Forms.pdf

Edited by hampster

Hi All :thumbs:

I am flying into LAX from Sydney - Taipei China,

With China Airlines, arriving in LAX @ 7.35PM Wednesday 9th May

then a connecting flight to,

Cleveland then to Providence Rhode Island.

via Continental, departing LAX @11.15pm

Arriving Finally @ 9.17am Thursday 10th May

AND SEE MY CHERYL AGAIN (L)

BASICALLY I HAVE JUST OVER 3 + 1/2 HOURS

BETWEEN CONNECTING FLIGHTS

TO GET FROM IMMIGRATION (POE)

TO CONTINENTAL DESK CHECK IN,

WITH 3 BAGS :blink: IN TOW :unsure: .

AND FIND SOMEWHERE TO HAVE A SMOKE OR 5 :help:

My Question is has anyone had a POE through LAX?

I am going through on my CR1 VISA :luv:

And how far is the Continental Check in for Domestic Airlines,

from Where I fly into LAX with China Airlines? :unsure:

Any help would be muchly appreciated thanks. :dance:

Cheers

Paul :thumbs:

P.S CAN YOU SMOKE IN TAIPEI AIRPORT? ANYONE??? :huh::unsure:

Timeline

Hi Paul :)

my POE will be LAX in July, it'll be good times I'm sure. LAX is ALWAYS busy so expect long lines... (you might be pleasantly surprised though ;) )

This link has an interactive terminal that may help you figure out your route from point A to point B.

http://www.iflylax.com/lax_map0.html

Oh, I tried to pull up the 'original' interactive map but for some reason it wouldn't come up... you might have more luck, so heres the link...

http://www.lawa.org/lax/terminalMap.cfm

http://www.lawa.org/

Some people I know say that LAX is the "worst airport ever" but I don't share that view. Its a little tricky to navigate but just follow the signs. When I was there I asked a friendly attendant for directions and he pointed me in the right direction, which was lucky since my connecting flight had a last minute terminal change! But it was all fine and I had good experiences. I saw some guy get a lift on one of those airport buggies... maybe you could try flagging one of those down if you find yourself strapped for time? ;)

I can't comment on the immigration side of things since I've only gone through on a Visa Waiver and I came in through SFO but I left via LAX and had internal flights in and out of LAX (Delta).

EDIT: Oh, one last thing that I remembered... advice from my aunt. Don't accidently leave the terminal (walk outside) and expect to be allowed to come back in again between connecting flights. My Aunt got herself into a pickle in LAX because she went out the wrong door by accident. Maybe this is what fueled her "worst airport ever" comment? ;) So be careful when you're looking for that smoking location :D

Edited by jezz85

Timeline

I hated having a connecting flight throught LAX with 3 hours it should be enough. But the poster abover is right. Long lines and disinterested staff will drive you batty after being on a plane for 14 hours. I told my fiance to make sure he has plenty of time between his connecting flight once arriving in LAX. I didn't and I missed my flight. :angry: But the time I got to the gate after running it was taking off. :angry:

Good luck on your trip Hampster. I can't wait till I have an actual date till I see my sweetheart. It will be a year 5/7/07 :cry::clock:

11/27/2006 Filed I-129F

12/01/06 received at CSC NOA1

12/09/06 checked cleared

02/28/07 touched!

02/28/07 NOA2 via email 3 of them!!!!

03/01/07 touched

03/09/07 NOA2 received via snail mail

03/20/07 Received email from Sydney that packet 3 should be mailed out tomorrow

03/26/07 Fiance received packet 3

4/26/07 Fiance medical appointment

5/01/07 New date of medical appointment

5/14/07 Fiance interview date!

VISA APPROVED!

6/8/07 My fiance arrives in America

7/14/07 Wedding day!

Hi Paul :)

my POE will be LAX in July, it'll be good times I'm sure. LAX is ALWAYS busy so expect long lines... (you might be pleasantly surprised though ;) )

This link has an interactive terminal that may help you figure out your route from point A to point B.

http://www.iflylax.com/lax_map0.html

Oh, I tried to pull up the 'original' interactive map but for some reason it wouldn't come up... you might have more luck, so heres the link...

http://www.lawa.org/lax/terminalMap.cfm

http://www.lawa.org/

Some people I know say that LAX is the "worst airport ever" but I don't share that view. Its a little tricky to navigate but just follow the signs. When I was there I asked a friendly attendant for directions and he pointed me in the right direction, which was lucky since my connecting flight had a last minute terminal change! But it was all fine and I had good experiences. I saw some guy get a lift on one of those airport buggies... maybe you could try flagging one of those down if you find yourself strapped for time? ;)

I can't comment on the immigration side of things since I've only gone through on a Visa Waiver and I came in through SFO but I left via LAX and had internal flights in and out of LAX (Delta).

EDIT: Oh, one last thing that I remembered... advice from my aunt. Don't accidently leave the terminal (walk outside) and expect to be allowed to come back in again between connecting flights. My Aunt got herself into a pickle in LAX because she went out the wrong door by accident. Maybe this is what fueled her "worst airport ever" comment? ;) So be careful when you're looking for that smoking location :D

lol thanks Jess :thumbs: appreciate it muchly.

Paul

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.