aussiewench

LAND DOWNUNDER

4,678 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi tamzo

:dance::dance: ya did it ya did it...whooo hooo :dance::dance::dancing::dancing:

congrats to you fantastic news...glad you had a really good time in sydney...how come you didnt go back the next day to pick your visa up? that way you wouldnt have to wait for the postman...did you go back to the post office in perth and tell that lady off ..i know i would of been correcting her for sure...

so what happens to the $130 that you paid out in the first place did you get a refund? Im so happy for you that it all worked out in the end for you...we were all worried about you lol not hearing from you lol

and another aussie bites the dust...dont forget to put in an interview review in...may 7th huh that will come around quickly for you..was ya fiance rapt...smiling ear to ear for you..may the POE go smoothly for you...and your most welcome with the help was my pleasure...when you getting married? dont forget to fill in your timeline ...

hi ya lyndel...wow 2 days huh...are you all packed and ready...you still on mushy foods or are you on solids yet..

sitting hear remembering the emotional rollercoaster you will be going through right now...dont forget to get photo's taken at the airport with your family and start a scrapbook of your new life mate...if we dont see you in the next few days you take care and arrive here safely ...

hi hammy

pester that postman everyday this week lol...how is your packing going and what date you moving here...

good day for the aussie's....so who do we have next in line waiting for their packet 4....

seren...moonie...rings...anyone else....

i havent started my volunteer work yet cos my doc hasnt sent the reference in yet and my personal reference person never received anything from the hosp so still waiting for that...

take care you lot

kath

This is what my lovely wifee Cheryl posted earlier this week in different forum

NorthernGirl Apr 15 2007, 06:17 AM

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry838387

So, we did it! Paul went for the interview yesterday (Friday the 13th..heehee),

and walked out with his "Welcome to America" paperwork!

Yippee-Yahoo! Just some loose ends to tie up in Oz,

and he'll be on his way home.

We're shooting for his arrival on the weekend of May 12th,

as our anniversary is on Sunday, May 13th.

Lucky #13 :dance:

Thanks to All for your support and well wishes and the best to everyone on their visa journey!

~Cheryl

Cheers

Paul

Edited by hampster

"To love someone deeply gives you strength.

Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Kath

Yeah i received my pack the day after Easter so i was very relieved. I was worried it had gotten lost somewhere in between but its all good. I just sent off the forms and am now keeping my fingers crossed that the interview date wont be too long down the track but at the same time that i will get everything i need together before the interview date.

I will definately do my blood test before my appointment then - it makes more sense but i'm very afraid of needles :blush: . I think the secretary was one stressed out woman when i went in to make an appointment!! I hope my appointment wont be changed. I have it booked for the 2nd of May and haven't had a phone call YET. Touchwood!!

Btw, my nickname is JLTAN but call me Jo.

Jo

15/02/07: Sent in I-129F form

21/02/07: NOA1 received

24/02/07: Touched

14/03/07: Touched

15/03/07: Touched

20/03/07: NOA2 received - Approval Email

21/03/07: Touched

23/03/07: NOA2 received via snail mail

hi ya lyndel damm i missed ya by a couple of minutes i was keeping msn open to see if ya came on and i got tired and went to bed at 3.55am...

well girl ya on your way soon ...its 5am in the morning there at the moment..bet ya didnt rest too much though...lol

safe journey mate and dont forget to ask for the EAD dont expect it to be handed to ya mate...and another happy little vegemite aussie crosses the big pond homeward bond to their loved one...take care sweetie see ya on the flip side ohhh we will be nearly on the same time frame hehehehe no more complaining im up late now lol but i bet ya will lol

yes you can get the cocunut you need for the lamimngtons here mate...dont stress ...geez fancy worrying about that ..just get hear already heheheehe stir stir lol

hi ya Jo when you go for your blood test think of your fiance and close your eyes and it will be over in no time....at least its not as bad as it use to be years ago ..in those days it really hurt...dont forget to take that sheet for the pathologist to sign and take your passport to be sighted..you will be fine deep breaths mate..great news that you have sent your paperwork back to the embassey you will get an interview soon mate..

hammy ..hope the packet arrives today..did you know you can track it also on your computer at the aust post website..just enter the number and bobs ya uncle..at least that way you will know if it has left sydney and the steps it takes to get to you..just had a thought too..

well we got another sunny day here..i just planted some flower seeds and my other pot i did that to are starting to push through the soil..cant wait to see them blooming...

take care you lot

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

hi ya

just thought i would bring to your attention those of you that are doing K1 and K3 for when you do your AOS..

PLEASE when you have your medical done ask for a copy of the whole medical that is handed over at the interview...also when you get in the states put it in a safe place..keep it in your suitcase put it in a folder and remember where you put it..the below person who posted this is lisaf who is an aussie..as you can see things do get lost at USCIS and you will get RFE's even though its not your fault...i know im being a bit overbearing about this but its important because when you change your status you need your vaccination sheet to do so..

you can find the thread to this HERE

A review of our record indicates that you entered the US pursuant to a valid K1 nonimmigrant visa.

however, the Department of State did not forward the medical forms DS-2053, DS-3024, DS3025 and DS-3026 that were completed prior to visa issuance.

Therefore you are requested to submit the aforementioned I-693, etc, etc......"

So this translates as they lost my medical and have to get another one. (right?)

DAMMIT

I just feel that its important that you know this

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline
hi pris how you doing mate..

Hi Kath!

I'm doing good thanks, just working and waiting...getting my car fixed so I can sell it soon...waiting for Joshua to get his I-864 sorted so we are raring to go as soon as we get the word! He was going to be able to be the solo sponsor for me but his taxes weren't done in the two years before so we're gonna skip that and get his mother to be sponsor...*fingers crossed she gets it done asap*..will have to send her something in return....still have to make a doctors appointment but the money goes out as soon as it comes in so first things first.... :blink:

Had a flu shot at work the other day wasn't a hassle at all so bring em on lol... Bought J a footy on the weekend, want to take him out for some kicks at the park. He has the hand passing down but is still sussing out the bounces lol.. Wanted to get him a Saints top but he says he like the colours of the Bulldogs better and wants that one...traitor! lol.. Will suss out a Bulldogs Vs Saints game for him then ha..

Have you started your job yet? How's that going? Bet you're loving it...:) Should be spring there now? It sure is getting darker here now and cool mornings and evenings, I like it though...is fresh.

:D

hi ya pris

glad things are going good..and yeah the traitor he could of chose black and red hehehe...been keeping an eye on the footy each week on afl.com ..the bounce of the ball is easy..lol...its the kicking that will hard lol...although it is nearly the same as an american ball..robbie gave my son one of the souvenier ball when the steelers won...an he sez to him would of like one to play with lol so when we went to lake entrance we found a market an got one for five buck for him he was so rapt and said ya didnt have to do that but damm could he throw that ball lol...

well the volunteer work hasnt started yet cos of my doctor is slack..the lady resent the form to them on friday and my personal referene person said he didnt receive anything either so she is going do that one over the phone..so dont know when i will be starting that ...lol

yes its spring here and we have been having some nice sunshine here this week...but the wind is still cool..i was getting sick of wearing heavy coats lol...

fingers crossed that J's mum will get the affidavit done asap for you...im sure she would appreciate something from oz for doing it...i got one of my firends from canada an aussie face watch for sending me some winter coats down that she was only going to throw out that was on my first visit all those years ago..she loved it..

im recording some tv shows on dvd for my son an i just glanced at it .. im recording whacked out sports damm there are some idiots out there lol damm you wonder how they survive lol

nowt else going on here just waitin for robbie to finish work an come home another 3 an half hours...damm the days are long without him around..

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

Timeline
Hey Pris and Elle, how are you going??

Hiya Lyndel!

Flying out today...how exciting..!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Have a good trip mate. Hope your POE goes well, guess we won't be hearing from you for a while... ;):no: Enjoy..!

Looking forward to hearing all the goss when you come up for air.. :lol::P

My news; as per last post, so yeah just trying to get everything organised so it goes smoothly cos frankly it's all a bit worrying sometimes but if I'm organised as much as possible then it will be fine. He's bought his ticket already for June 28 so that puts an edge on things...need to give notice at my Realter end of May then will book into a hostel to wait out the rest of the time don't need the responsibility of packing up the apartment on my own in the end nor the costs....so yeah much to plan...

So happy for you though hon, enjoy. :D

Timeline
hi ya pris

glad things are going good..and yeah the traitor he could of chose black and red hehehe...been keeping an eye on the footy each week on afl.com ..the bounce of the ball is easy..lol...its the kicking that will hard lol...although it is nearly the same as an american ball..robbie gave my son one of the souvenier ball when the steelers won...an he sez to him would of like one to play with lol so when we went to lake entrance we found a market an got one for five buck for him he was so rapt and said ya didnt have to do that but damm could he throw that ball lol...

well the volunteer work hasnt started yet cos of my doctor is slack..the lady resent the form to them on friday and my personal referene person said he didnt receive anything either so she is going do that one over the phone..so dont know when i will be starting that ...lol

yes its spring here and we have been having some nice sunshine here this week...but the wind is still cool..i was getting sick of wearing heavy coats lol...

fingers crossed that J's mum will get the affidavit done asap for you...im sure she would appreciate something from oz for doing it...i got one of my firends from canada an aussie face watch for sending me some winter coats down that she was only going to throw out that was on my first visit all those years ago..she loved it..

im recording some tv shows on dvd for my son an i just glanced at it .. im recording whacked out sports damm there are some idiots out there lol damm you wonder how they survive lol

nowt else going on here just waitin for robbie to finish work an come home another 3 an half hours...damm the days are long without him around..

take care

kath

Haha..cheeky...black, red AND WHITE..! :lol:

Goodness, seems an awful lot of fuss for volunteer work, hate to see what they're like with a paying job. Don't ya just love wanting to help out. :blink:

Hmm...will go hunting in one of those aussie shope and see what I can find his mum. :thumbs:

Sounds like you need a hobby? Do ya know how to knit? Don't be offended it's supposed to be in fashion now, i can but I just don't have the patience for it right now; maybe when I'm preggers and I have all the time in the world ha ha ha... :jest: Do they have community groups? Or local dancing/singing/painting/cooking classes?

Pris.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

congrats to you fantastic news...glad you had a really good time in sydney...how come you didnt go back the next day to pick your visa up? that way you wouldnt have to wait for the postman...did you go back to the post office in perth and tell that lady off ..i know i would of been correcting her for sure...

so what happens to the $130 that you paid out in the first place did you get a refund? Im so happy for you that it all worked out in the end for you...we were all worried about you lol not hearing from you lol

and another aussie bites the dust...dont forget to put in an interview review in...may 7th huh that will come around quickly for you..was ya fiance rapt...smiling ear to ear for you..may the POE go smoothly for you...and your most welcome with the help was my pleasure...when you getting married? dont forget to fill in your timeline ...

hi ya lyndel...wow 2 days huh...are you all packed and ready...you still on mushy foods or are you on solids yet..

sitting hear remembering the emotional rollercoaster you will be going through right now...dont forget to get photo's taken at the airport with your family and start a scrapbook of your new life mate...if we dont see you in the next few days you take care and arrive here safely ...

hi hammy

pester that postman everyday this week lol...how is your packing going and what date you moving here...

good day for the aussie's....so who do we have next in line waiting for their packet 4....

seren...moonie...rings...anyone else....

i havent started my volunteer work yet cos my doc hasnt sent the reference in yet and my personal reference person never received anything from the hosp so still waiting for that...

take care you lot

kath

This is what my lovely wifee Cheryl posted earlier this week in different forum

NorthernGirl Apr 15 2007, 06:17 AM

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry838387

So, we did it! Paul went for the interview yesterday (Friday the 13th..heehee),

and walked out with his "Welcome to America" paperwork!

Yippee-Yahoo! Just some loose ends to tie up in Oz,

and he'll be on his way home.

We're shooting for his arrival on the weekend of May 12th,

as our anniversary is on Sunday, May 13th.

Lucky #13 :dance:

Thanks to All for your support and well wishes and the best to everyone on their visa journey!

~Cheryl

Cheers

Paul

haha thanks Kath- feel very relieved!! I went into the post office the other day and corrected them...and got my refund as I kept the receipt..so that was good...it's a pity some ppl really don't knw how to do their job properly!!!

whooo hooo hammy good for you

well lyndel will be getting ready to board the plane in sydney bound for bangkok...(im sure she said 4 hours in syd)

tamzo good on ya for tellin the post office clerk the correct way of doing thing and im glad you got your money back also...where abouts you gunna be heading i cant remember.

take care

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

Filed: Timeline

VISA IN HAND :dance:

2.30PM

WEDNESDAY

18TH APRIL 07 :dance::dance:

After many calls to the Express satchel Post OFFICE.

I was told it was delivered @ my address @ 9.00am ####### :angry: !!

I was out and my brother was home and noone came to the door.

After calling the contractor that had supposedly delivered it here,

calling him 8 times before i could actually talk to him..

over a period of 3 hours trying to get through to him ffs :huh:

turns around and said oh yeah I slipped it under the garage door!!

I said scuse me :o I said in that envelope

was the future of my wife and myself it was

Offical U.S. Government Paper work with my Visa

and other legal papwerwork!!.

And he said oh well at least you got it..

I was about to open a can of Wuuup ### on this idiot. :angry::dance:

But I hung up on him and reported him to the Australia Post.

Anyway's :dance: YIPPEEEEEEEE SKIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :dance:

wooooooooot wooooooooooooot wooooooooooooooot..

So Now My Car has sold and I have my CR1 VISA,

+ the Mysterious Brown Envelope :unsure:

All I need to do now is Get my ### down to my local,

Flight Centre to pay for my Flight from Sydney to LAX.

So LAX will be my P.O.E.

I be back later all off to purchase my ticket to,

be with my lovely Wife Cheryl in Massachusetts... :luv:

Cheers

Paul.

"To love someone deeply gives you strength.

Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

dammy hammy your on a roll mate gawd i would of done the same thing as you reporting him...did he leave a card in the letter box

whooo hooo...now all ya gotta do is come back and tell us ya got a good deal on ya flight and you hit the jackpot mate..lol and he was lucky you were happy to get ya hands on the packet or i can well imagine you givin him a mouth or fist full lol

good for you ..have you stopped looking at the visa yet lol

now tamzo has yours arrived yet..????

hi pris

why do you think i need hobbies ..i got heaps im doing some ceramics when they arrive im doing a wedding plate to put on the wall ..and some other things too...

i can knit all sorts of pattern use to knit all my kids jumper until they could tell me i dont want to wear that lol..i can sew .. made my own wedding dress ...i have green thumbs ...lol ohh and i write stories lol

and ya right about the volunteering...its a wonder they didnt tell me to get a police check for the 10 moths i been in the country lol...

kath

Edited by Kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

2nd December..

Timeline
Hi All,

Thank you so much for your all kind thoughts, your support for my chocolate habit (some more than others :P ) oh and the visa journey :lol: , making me laugh, sharing your experiences and your lives and pitching in with useful information when you can, listening to vents :wacko: . I am so happy that I found this forum and get to hang out with such a thoughtful and sweet bunch of people. Maybe it's corny of me to say but I feel genuinely lucky to have met you guys and been able to talk and share our journeys. :yes::blush: I wish you all happiness and speedy journeys where ever you are in the process.

As for me......Kath you are so right! Big stomping elephants in my tummy now!!! Roller coast of emotions, sadness about leaving my family and friends...excitement about being with Jake.......anticipation about my new life in the USA. Jake has been so sweet, he is nesting and has been shopping...yes shopping!! for things we need for the apartment. He talks so excitedly about what he's bought and done...makes it all worthwhile! :luv:

I fly to Sydney at lunchtime tomorrow and head off at around 4pm. I'm very tired so I am hoping to sleep most of the way. Will arrive at JFK early Thursday morning USA time and then get to Colorado about 8pm Thursday night.... I will let you know how I go getting the temp EAD. Thanks for the weather guides Paul, Kath and Vylex. Will be wearing my winter woolies although that could be a problem through Bangkok! :huh:

Guess I will talk to you all from the other side!

Hugs

Lyndel

OMG! So excited for you!!!!

Have a safe trip!! Even though you probably are on the plane at the moment. Oh god the plane ride to America is pretty long/crappy. The plane ride to Australia is eassssy though!

I hope you land safe and sound :)

<3

Can't wait to have you as a fellow Ameristralian ;)

My timeline:

02 - 09 - 2007 - Sending off of my I-129F package

02 - 13 - 2007 - NOA1 Received

02 - 21 - 2007 - Touched!

03 - 01 - 2007 - NOA2 Received

03 - 02 - 2007 - Touched Again!

03 - 06 - 2007 - NVC Received

03 - 07 - 2007 - Was told by email I-129F will be forwarded to Sydney

03 - 08 - 2007 - I-129F picked up by DHL and on it's way to Sydney!!

03 - 12 - 2007 - Sydney Consulate received packet! From DHL: 1:48 pm Shipment delivered WOOT

03 - 19 - 2007 - Packet Three is sent off!

03 - 20 - 2007 - Corey goes to get his fingerprints/police check completed. Now we wait for the investigation and then I can be assured he's not a criminal =]

03 - 21 - 2007 - Corey gets Pkt 3 via Registered Mail

03 - 22 - 2007 - Sent Corey a copy of all the documents and the notarized I-134.. hopefully everything arrives safely!

04 - 17 - 2007 - Corey's Medical Examination.. Let's hope everything goes great!

05 - 01 - 2007 - Corey's Medical Rescheduled to this date because doctor was away!

05 - 04 - 2007 - Corey's Initial Interview date! (We only had ONE week's notice!)

05 - 30 - 2007 - Corey's Rescheduled Interview date because there was no time for the initial one

Timeline

Hi Everyone!

My name is Jess and I'm on this crazy mixed up Visa Journey too :) I'm the Australian fiancee of a gorgeous American man named Tony. I currently live in Sydney and I'm close to getting my K-1 visa *fingers crossed*. I sent the US Consulate my letter to announce that I'm ready to be given an interview day today!

So I've been checking and rechecking, randomly photo copying, organising and re-organising my various bits and pieces of paperwork more times than is healthy... I guess you probably know exactly what I'm talking about :)

I've got a couple of Q's for you guys if I may...

1. What is the fee to get my K-1 visa and how does one pay the fee?

2. What is this 3kg sachel I'm hearing about?

Uh... are the above two questions answered when I get my interview appointment? I'm suspecting so, sorry if this is the case LOL.

Oh, another question, in your opinions, whats the best way to send my stuff to the US. We're talking books, CDs and small things, nothing big, and no furniture.

I've been lurking around for ages and only just found this Aussie thread (its well hidden isn't it? or at least it seemed that way to me). So I thought I'd introduce myself. :innocent:

Catch you later,

Jess

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.