4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello, Friends!

Me and my fianceé wants hire a lawyer to help in our process. So, i would like to know if anyone know a good lawyers for k-1 visa.

Have anybody here ever hired a lawyer for k-1 visa? how was the experience?

Regards from BRazil

K-1 Visa process

11/05/2010 - I-129F Sent

11/08/2010 - NOA1

11/11/2010 - Touched

02/19/2011 - Medical exam

03/15/2011 - Touched

04/19/2011 - RFE (email/textmsg)

04/22/2011 - RFE hardcopy

04/25/2011 - RFE reply sent

05/03/2011 - Touched (RFE response under review)

05/16/2011 - NOA2 (Finally, after 6 months - exactly 189 days)

05/25/2011 - NVC received our case

05/31/2011 - Got our new case number (NVC sent a letter)

06/01/2011 - The U.S. Embassy in Rio de Janeiro received our case

06/07/2011 - Received our interview date

08/09/2011 - INTERVIEW!!! (Approved)

08/13/2011 - Received my passport

08/15/2011 - POE Detroit

09/22/2011 - GOT MARRIED!!!!!!!!!

dFaRm3.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello, Friends!

Me and my fianceé wants hire a lawyer to help in our process. So, i would like to know if anyone know a good lawyers for k-1 visa.

Have anybody here ever hired a lawyer for k-1 visa? how was the experience?

Regards from BRazil

I don't have any lawyers to recommend, but unless your case is really complicated, I suggest doing it yourself. The guides on here are wonderful. We went through the whole process with just VJ people to help us and one friend reviewing paperwork for completeness. We had no RFEs and have received the green card as well. Good luck to you!

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I don't have any lawyers to recommend, but unless your case is really complicated, I suggest doing it yourself. The guides on here are wonderful. We went through the whole process with just VJ people to help us and one friend reviewing paperwork for completeness. We had no RFEs and have received the green card as well. Good luck to you!

Hi, I just responded to another traveler with the same inquiry. I used a traditional attorney a few years ago, I had great results and he was efficient, the only problem was the cost; I spent in excess of $3500.00 for great service, on top of flying to Brazil and all the other requirements to file the K-1, so you can imagine what the total expense was. I'm currently processing another K-1 (the last fiancé refused to leave the country :angry: ), with a wonderful person from Brazil, and this time I chose to let the "Easy Fiancé Visa" service file the paperwork, because I did not have the time to do it myself...although it's a fairly easy process, and documents and procedures are always changing, so I did not want to take a chance on missing crossing a "T" or dotting an "I". We received an RFE a week or two ago (no fault of ours), and Easy Fiancé Visa rectified the problem within a few days of notification.

When you start the process with them (Easy Fiancé Visa), they'll, do an initial interview for eligibility for the K-1 or whatever visa you're requesting, assign you a web site and e-mail address, where you can upload all of your evidence of an ongoing relationship to them online....photos, documents etc. When your case is ready to be filed, they'll FedEx whatever needs to be signed with a return FedEx mailer. When they receive your docs, they'll rush your completed package to USCIS next day. It's that easy! Oh, their fee was a fraction of what I paid to a law firm.

Edited by Six-Twelve

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

With a straightforward case and if you can read instructions, fill out forms without mistakes and having the proper attention there's absolutely no need for a lawyer and a lot of VJers actually will say that the lawyer slowed their process down or made mistakes. More complicated cases should look for a competent immigration lawyer.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.