thelastpetitioner

a couple of questions about k-1

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

hey everyone,

im new from ***removed***,and it seems like since it focuses on family based immigration not many people use it.

anyways these are all the unanswered questions regarding k-1 that i have

1.someone on the old website told me that packet 3 is no longer that much of an actual physical packet and i can pretty much submit everything online,is it true?if so is there anything that ill need to mail ,physically for my fiance to send to the embassy? ( since iranian mail doesnt count )

2.if i use an international mailing system like DHL or fedex is it still unacceptable by the embassy?

3.where can i find packet 3 online?i checked the US embassy in ankara's website,but there was no article or anything pointing out actual documents required with packet 3

4.is it true that any american passport holder can enter the embassy?( my fiance plans on joining me for interview,i know he wont be allowed to participate but still he insists on coming with me )

5.when i try to check my case's status it says that they have received our package on july 1st,is that the date i should mention as my first notice of action's date?

6.we got our first notice of action on july 21st ( my fiance is a marine and stationed in okinawa,it usually takes forever to send and receive packages via snail mail)our package was received at july 1st and our service center is CSC,should i count on receiving my second notice of action in august?

thank you in advance and sorry if im posting any common questions that have been answered before,i havent had the time to read every post in this forum.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

I can only help with question #4, your husband should be able to attend the interview with you. On the US embassy website for Ankara they stated that "it is not required but is useful"...I went to my husband's interview in Seoul and they asked me questions also. So to answer your question, he will be able to enter the embassy with his US passport...sorry I couldn't be of more help but I'm doing a CR-1 in Seoul

event.png

Timeline

I can only help with question #4, your husband should be able to attend the interview with you. On the US embassy website for Ankara they stated that "it is not required but is useful"...I went to my husband's interview in Seoul and they asked me questions also. So to answer your question, he will be able to enter the embassy with his US passport...sorry I couldn't be of more help but I'm doing a CR-1 in Seoul

thank you,that alone was helpful enough,at least mentally

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

It has been a few years since we went through the process so things may have changed but this is how it was for us.

They never mailed him anything in Iran, he got his interview letter by email. I had him download the forms (from the Ankara website or the USCIS website) and fill them. Then he mailed them to me. I checked them, copied them, etc then I had to UPS them to Ankara (cost about $45). At the time there was one civil surgeon (found on the Anakara website) that you could make appointments over the internet. He went about 2 days early, had the medical, and then the interview. He said he waited like forever for the interview and it lasted all of 5 minutes. There is a hotel there that a lot of Iranians stay at but sorry I don't remember the name. The passport will be returned by delivery service to the hotel you are at, they will not return it to Iran.

Timeline

It has been a few years since we went through the process so things may have changed but this is how it was for us.

They never mailed him anything in Iran, he got his interview letter by email. I had him download the forms (from the Ankara website or the USCIS website) and fill them. Then he mailed them to me. I checked them, copied them, etc then I had to UPS them to Ankara (cost about $45). At the time there was one civil surgeon (found on the Anakara website) that you could make appointments over the internet. He went about 2 days early, had the medical, and then the interview. He said he waited like forever for the interview and it lasted all of 5 minutes. There is a hotel there that a lot of Iranians stay at but sorry I don't remember the name. The passport will be returned by delivery service to the hotel you are at, they will not return it to Iran.

i know about the interview and the wait and all,ive been doing a lot of reading.but the only thing im worried about as far as packet 3 goes is A) mailing them to him ( some mailing companies dont work with iran ) and B)the forums i have to submit online.

do they give the medical results at the same time?also how long did his trip take?( i think the hotel is called dedeman or something of that sort)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I sent the forms to Iran by US mail. In fact now that he is here he sends packages to his family the same way. I would allow at the very minimum two weeks for letter sized mail to reach him. I don't know about anything having to be submitted online.

Timeline

i know dhl still works with iran,but i dk if they offer services at the town that my fiance will move to.thats the only reason im stressed about the mailing matter.

i know that for ds 156k ( if im right ) is submitted online in any and every case for ankara's embassy, i dk about the rest of em tho,ive just heard rumors

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

packet 3 is physical, but you can download the forms from visajourney and fill them out ahead of time. Only 1-2 forms are done online and submitted online based on your embassy because some dont accept the online forms just yet where as others do.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.