16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi, everyone. I found this website a week ago and I've been reading it none stop ever since. So, as you see I decided to join. I have filed a K3 visa for my husband in Morocco in May, we got married in Jan. 2010 and we met in Jan. 2008. I already started making plans for the future and was happy, but reading some stories here have me all worried. I wished that I've seen this website before we filed, or even when we met. We havent been keeping a lot emails or chats because our relationship was real and I didn't think about now we're trying to gather anything that was left from emails text messages, and letters between the time we met and the time we got married. We also have been keeping any of that from now on. We don't have any phone records because we usually use phone cards so we started gathering those too. I wish that we filed the CR1 instead of K3 but I asked a friend who brought his wife from there this year and he said they used k3 so it seemed fine.But now I am worried sick that he'll get denied. We had a big wedding five days long, hundreds of people and many many pics that he'll be taking with him I sent about 20 of them with the file. Will him being employed, only 2 years older than I am, and both us of us being Moroccan (I am a US Citizen now) help any? I was married before and we never talked much about my ex because it was a bad experience for me, I wish that I met my current husband before that. But, I read that he needs to know some things about him which is so weird, I always felt weird talking about my ex to my husband, but apparently they want us to talk about that so we're gonna have to. any advice from people who went through Casa or had the same experience will help so we can be ready. I can't thank you enough VJ members.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Please don't hold much hope in obtaining a K-3 visa - focus, instead, on the CR-1 - see

Comparison on K-3 vs CR-1 - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/204324-wondering-if-i-made-a-mistake-marrying-in-us/page__view__findpost__p__3060767

K-3 administratively closed - http://www.visajourney.com/news/2010/02/07/department-of-state-to-close-k-3-visas-if-i-129f-and-i-130-petitions-approved-and-received-together/

You can 'throw in' 'bonafide marriage evidence' when you submit the DS-230 at NVC - it will travel with the casefile over to CasaBlanca, be reviewed prior to interview day. See the I-130 instructions for 'what to submit'.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Actually from what I read of the K3 you file the I130 first and when you get you NOA1 you file the 129f? Well the instrustions for the I130 is the same as the CR1 filing instructions so I would say just don't send in the I129f if you haven't already and go with the I130. I believe either way if you have already sent in the I129f if the I130 gets approved before the I129f you have to go the CR1 route anyways. And the good thing about the CR1 is that is will cost you less money in the end and he will come here with the approval for the 2 yr green card already. I know it is all so confusing! Best of luck to you!!!!

Edited by hamigirl710

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Timeline

Thank you guys. I haven't sent the I129, just I130. So I can file the CR1 NOW? Or wait untill they approve the I130 I mean when I get the NOA2? And yes I'll take your advice and send more evidence I didn't know that we could do that.

Timeline

Thank you guys. I haven't sent the I129, just I130. So I can file the CR1 NOW? Or wait untill they approve the I130 I mean when I get the NOA2? And yes I'll take your advice and send more evidence I didn't know that we could do that.

you already applied for the cr1 by sending in the I130 and I would not send anymore proof in to them unless they request it from you because it can get lost in the millions of applications and paperwork they already have there. Start from here saving all your chats and phone records and letters and organize them for when he goes to his interview. From what I understand you need to show proof of an ongoing bonafied marriage at the interview in casablanca. I know it is stressful so just hang in there.

Edited by hamigirl710

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey ! Welcome to VJ !!!

Please read the NVC Flowchart, at http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Process_Flowchart_v1-2.pdf

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

You can use yahoo voice to call him and you will be able to print a record. with yahoo voice you call his phone from you pc. I use it all the time I think it's like 28 cents per minute to call Morocco Your hubby should know as much info as possible because you never know what he will be asked. Some people only get asked a few questions some get asked lots some get asked none.... It really is just a ####### shoot.... So he should know everything... Insha'allah all will go well for you :0)

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Timeline

Thank you all. I am so glad I became a member. So since I didn't send the I-129 it looks like it's not K3 like I thought, so that gives me an extra 1% of hope. Will the yahoo calls cost 29cents a min if I call his cell phone as well? and do you guys think that sending videos of the wedding is acceptable? If his interview is after December, which it could be since we only filed in May. I am making another trip to see him During Christmas Breack because I am a sub-teacher and I'll have 2 weeks off plus some personal days, that way we could gather some more pics and hotel receits as we're planning to travel a little bit. And I'll get to see him since I already miss him so much.

Filed: Timeline

Thank you all. I am so glad I became a member. So since I didn't send the I-129 it looks like it's not K3 like I thought, so that gives me an extra 1% of hope. Will the yahoo calls cost 29cents a min if I call his cell phone as well? and do you guys think that sending videos of the wedding is acceptable? If his interview is after December, which it could be since we only filed in May. I am making another trip to see him During Christmas Breack because I am a sub-teacher and I'll have 2 weeks off plus some personal days, that way we could gather some more pics and hotel receits as we're planning to travel a little bit. And I'll get to see him since I already miss him so much.

Good Luck on your Journey.... From what I have read from others filing the CR1 it takes almost nearly a year for the entire process up to the interview date. Lately, many having been tied up at the NVC for 3, 4 even some 5 months waiting for their case to be sent to the Embassy at Casablanca. Have fun on your trip in December!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

With Casablanca, the amount of evidence is not as important as the appearance and attitude your husband presents at interview, and how much face to face time you've spent together. Casablanca is a high fraud consulate, and they're looking for sincerity from the Moroccan men who interview there. I started a thread in the Middle East and North Africa forum where people have discussed the mentality and attitudes of the CO's at Casablanca, and gone into detail about several cases there. Here's the link : The Hoping Not To Be Denied at Casablanca thread . Great news is, there have been a bunch of VJer approvals out of Casablanca lately. I think people from VJ are far more prepared of what to expect. You should also check out the consulate reviews for Casa, the link is at the top of the page, under "Immigration Timelines". Good luck to you!

Sarah

Timeline

Thanks! that's good I can see him one more time before the interview although I hope he'll be here before that. I already read those threads and that's what had me worries in the first place, but at least we'll be prepared.

Timeline

Yes you can call his cell phone at that rate....

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Timeline

They will not accept videos. You have to print the pictures.

Timeline

Thanks Tahlisha and everyone else. I feel much better since I joined, it's almost like therapy to share with people who are in the same boat. I know it might take forever for him to come with the CR1, but at least it's better than get denied for k3. I'll go see him in December and we're so excited it for it cause that's at least a sure thing. Thanks again for everyone here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.