MRStee

Yardie Party!!! Come as you are - Part 1

3,253 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes, and what makes are marriages unique is two different cultures coming together and making it work. That to me, is a difficult part of the process. Some of the JA men come to the states with a perception of how life is and see its totally different from what they expect. Some know exactly how to deal with it because their coping skills are pretty good. Same with us, sometimes we treat them differently because they are from a country with limit resources and its hard for them to accept things from us. I think that as couples once we establish our boundaries with one another and are willing to put the time and effort into our marriage, they can work successfully.. Yes we were robbed of dating. Some more than others. At least you had the opportunity to go several times before you married. I only went a total of 3 times and we got married. This visa journey isnt called a journey for nothing. Im happy to have my hubby in my life too. He makes all the difference in my world (L) All the things I never wanted in a relationship, him remembers not to give them to me :) Team Gardner :)

I know what you mean i spent 2 and half months with R here then was only able to visit him once then he cam up and we got married..i knew without a doubt i loved him and wanted to be with him we just didn't get to learn all those quirky things about one another

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Girl I visited my hubby 7 times on the 8th we got married. I still wasnt prepared for him, he has his ways but I love me some sexy, intelligent him. The best quality aBOUT HIM IS HE WILL WORK 7 DAYS STRAIGHT WITH OUT A day off and start all over again next week and do it AGAIN, and just pay everything, I love it, he always takes care of home first!!!!

I never had that with any relationship I was in, I was always the bread winner, stable job and successful, but when he came he showed me what a real man is and does for his, hell he was sending the kids money for allowance from Jamaica, he wanted his presence to be established as head of the house. :dance:

So I guess as long as they taking care of home and respecting it, any other little things can just be talked through :thumbs:

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow JQ sending allowances from JA, that's nice. He is one hell of a worker. It really is all about talking through things. Since Philly dash we weh I have to say it "communication is key"!!!

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone!

I haven't been on here in forever. With contemplating a divorce, a new job, schoolwork, and the other stresses of life I've just been keeping to myself. Not sure what's what with everyone but I hope life is treating you all well...

I had a question...hubby is trying to get his passport and said he's having trouble because his father's name is not on his passport. Has anyone had this problem before?

- Marie

Lawddddddd!!!!!!!! Marie where have you been? How are you? Send mi a message mek mi knoa wah gwaane wid u....

His dad's name not being on the birthcertificate should not be a problem. Unless they've changed the rules, but I don't think so. Have friends who just got passports in Jamaica.

ooman please link me when u get a chance

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Goodmorning vj,

It has been 4 months that the petition i130 in the process for my step daughter. I called uscis and they tell me the same ting to wait 5 months. I pray that my wife and I hear her approval this week or sooner.

When I filed for my wife june 09, I sent wife and daughter pic,documents and all that but was told to do separate petition for the child. It has been 4 months the petition for the child is sent and no noa2 yet. I'm going crazy waiting and just the other day the child cries for mother to get her. Its too long and hard on mother and me too.

Praying for a speedy process Harold.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Mawnin cuz -- u at work?

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes I am taking my break how's your day

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Okay, so far go to work late, but I'm about to start working on my reports.

tep aff a mi name

CATTTTTTTTTTTT how have you been?

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Just stopping by to say hello! Hope all is well with everyone. :)

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning All

AOS

2/14/10- Married My Best Friend

3/15/10- Sent Off Check and AOS DOCs Express Mail

3/29/10 received Biometrics appointment letter for 4/20/10 will walk in on 3/31/10

5/28/10-Advance Parole Received

6/5/10-EAD Received

6/26/10-Greencard received

JmW0m4.png

Morning Always...3 days to get everything in order before their big trip next week, so I'm signing off...ya'll have a great day...be back lunch time.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i have a wild idea in my head of selling our house and getting a biggger one...omg hubby might strangle me when he hears of this idea

problem is there is no way in hell we can afford to get a better one in our current neighborhood. our neighborhodd is trendy with lots of things to do and lots of places to walk to...houses are hard to come by and expensive

we could get a bigger and better house easily in a neighborhood not too far away but one that is sort of boring and not so much our style..

what do you all think? would you sacrifice a great neighborhood for a better house?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Personally, if the house you currently live in works for you, why move? You also feel safe living there.. I say stay,

oh and also make sure you look at the school district for the other neighborhood. You want to make sure the kids

will get a good education! :thumbs:

Edited by MRStee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.