MRStee

Yardie Party!!! Come as you are - Part 1

3,253 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JQ- That's great that Moy Moy can go to an all day kindergarden. How perfect that it's right near your job and her older bro will be there. See God is good all the time. It sounds like you have set a good founadation for your boys and will do the same for Moy Moy and she will follow in her brothers foot steps. I think some kids just get lazy, especially if they are naturally smart and just feel they don't have to give as much effort if they can pass without it. That's great about your younger son. How come you don't want him to skip? Is it for materity reasons? I can understand that. Otherwise I was thinking what if he gets bored with his class work since he is ahead and learns that he too can be lazy and slack off and still get good grades. I know you have a good reason for your decision and not trying to say you should do otherwise. I was just curious (nice way of saying nosey :rofl: ).

Tee- Just think when you are a teacher..you can travel all summer! Just hang in there until you graduate! Oh and you GOTTA take some pictures of your taco making lesson, partly for fun and partly to teach me!

Happy a good weekend all!

Gurl, I didn't take pics but we had so much fun... :)

Hey B, they wanted him to skip and I felt that he should stay with his own grade, not for any reason except I felt he would be overwhelmed. That happened to me in 7th grade and I went to the Gifted and Taleted Classes, well they were hard as heck. I still got a,b,and c's but it was just to much for me and eveyone was counting on me and pressuring me because of that high achievement.

Then when he moved to the new school last year his grades slipped. So it was a good lesson for hm, try as hard as you can, his head got big because he knew they wanted him to skip and he stopped trying as hard :bonk:

It was funny reading this because my son DEFINITELY could have been put in a gifted classes but I was afraid for the other students because of his negative behaviors so I didn't let him go...

Timeline

Oh I see. You know first hand what it's like. I see where he gets his brains from. I've just heard people say for maturity reasons they don't want their kids to skip, so I was just curious if that was your reasoning too. That's good he learned his lesson. I'm still excited Moy Moy gets to go all day now. That is great!

Ok everyone (or anyone that wants to give their 2 cents), how do you deal with hubby's friends back in JA asking for things? He has one friend that has already asked for a new phone and $100. He asked hubby for the phone and hubby just ignored him (it was visa FB he asked), then he just asked be tonight if I could send $100 and just keep it between him and I. Vaughn has a big family and none of them have even asked for anything, so I think this friend is out of line. I'm happy to help anyone that is important to my husband but I just feel he is thinking I have an endless supply of cash. What makes it hard is that he sees our pictures on FB going to all these places, so how do I say no? I told I can't because hubby and I aren't working this year and are just spending time together before we get serious about work and kids. I'm thinking that he's thinking we aren't just sitting at home so if we have money to go places then why not for him? I'm sure some of you have encounted this before and just would like to know how you handled it.

I haven't gone through it but seriously, I would just say no. V is not working and we are planning for our future and just don't have it to give!

I just said NO. I don't have it. He's not working and money is tight. You will encounter that ####### over and over again.

Honest, it pissed me off to no end.

You are my twin I swear! :rofl:

Timeline

Hey everyone so the wedding well it was beautiful it was in the church and then on the beach. I will post pictures soon..I guess I picked the right date cause as I type we are experiencing tropical storm winds we have Hurricane earl headed for us power is gone but the house has a big generator so we running on that... I just want it to end quickly AHHHH what a honeymoon ehhhh. at least it nothing compare to hurrican marilyn now that was destruction it took us a year to get power then. Pray for the VI and all leeward islands.

Prayers defintely go out.. Hope that doesn't happen when I come visit you and hubby :no:

Glad you had a beautiful day and er uh a wonderful honeymoon :)

Timeline

I think this is right. For my hubby we put Montego Bay (city) St. James (Parish), and of course JA (country). It's a little different then what we're used to, but it works. Don't over thing (even though I think most of us did). These forms and this process will drive you nuts and have you overthinking every dyam thing. Just ask if you have any other questions.

LOL.. I'm lovin' all the just say "NO" responses. It's true though and my fear was if I said yes once then that would be eat. How could I then say no. Especially a friend. One thing if his family is in trouble, but we don't have the money to help neighborhood friends.

I feel for you with hubby in JA. It's so true now that I live with hubby I think how did I ever deal with just going and visiting him every few months. You get spoiled real quick with having them live with you, even though you may want to choke them at times..lol These times apart really make you realize that even though they may annoy they are worth it in the end!.

Amen!

Good morning, All.

I WISH people would ask me instead of my husband. I would ask a bunch of questions first, to where they would feel so uncomfortable that they wouldn't even WANT to ask again unles for a very good reason.

Such as:

What do you need this money for?

Is this something that came up all of a sudden (illness) or something that you know you'll need (food)?

What are you doing to make money?

What have you been doing with your $ such that you don't have enough?

Why were you driving the car if you couldn't afford to repair any damages you caused? (Don't get me started on this one. I only let people borrow my car if I know they're responsible drivers and/or have insurance to fix any potential damages.)

What do you plan to do in case this situation happens again?

So I have all this mentally prepared, but haven't had the opportunity to use it as people don't come to me. Instead, they go to my [overly] generous husband.

I've let him know: it's one thing to help old people and children. It's another thing when an able-bodied person is not doing anything to make money and just expecting donations. So now if he wants to help certain people in certain situations, it comes out of his own funds and not the household budget.

-------

Something I found humorous:

I kept in touch with one person (or, he kept in touch with me) for years after I spent a month in Africa (Gambia, Ghana, Senegal). I remember the time he asked me to send him sneakers. The part that made me laugh was that he didn't want ANY sneakers. He wanted a very specific new type from Nike. I had to laugh (and say no) because I wouldn't even buy myself sneakers that expensive.

The moral of nat's story, if you have to say "no" to someone, let her do it so she can finally use it on someone :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Tee- Glad you had fun making tacos. You are going to be such a great kindergarten teacher. LOL @ fearing for your sons potential classmates. I know in reality it's not funny, but it just sounded funny. Thanks for the advice. Planning for the future is a good one. :thumbs:

:rofl::rofl: I was actually thinkin' I would just pass this "friend" on to Nat and she would straighten him out. :rofl::rofl: Serious though, that ish makes me mad. :angry:

Timeline

Girl.....We tried to get her to sign her parental rights away, same letter you emailed me. But she wouldn't. I wanted Eric to stay until he got all that out of the way. But he wanted to come. So now here we are. He went to where her parents live today, said noone was there. So he is going to go back later today and tomorrow. So we will see how that goes. I don't even know the girl,but can't stand her.

Im praying for yall

Timeline

Hey Tee- Glad you had fun making tacos. You are going to be such a great kindergarten teacher. LOL @ fearing for your sons potential classmates. I know in reality it's not funny, but it just sounded funny. Thanks for the advice. Planning for the future is a good one. :thumbs:

:rofl::rofl: I was actually thinkin' I would just pass this "friend" on to Nat and she would straighten him out. :rofl::rofl: Serious though, that ish makes me mad. :angry:

:no: Nooooooooooooo not Kindergarden :no: I want to teach third grade. You have to keep taking the lil ones to the bathroom and tying their sneakers/shoes :no: I will even do 2nd or 4th but thats about my range...

Girl I know it is funny about my son LOL but so dyaam true!!! He is mad at me til this day for it.. but oh well. He still is making out very well. He just got home saying he is made because he got a 95 and he missed one question and he knew the answer and now his gpa is a 3.91.Poe thang! lol.. I said its gonna be alright!

I know it makes you mad, I'd be mad too shyt :angry: You aint no money tree...umm can you buy me a phone? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Sike, just messing wif ya!!!

we put:

Montego Bay

St. James

Jamaica, WI

We did too..:star:

Hello all (waving) wassssuuuupppp???

I am a little late but I got 2 cents to put in on a few things.....

Uhhhhh about the lending...I mean GIVING of $$$ to friends...uhhhhhhh NO. enough said.

about the signing of the paper so the baby can migrate to the US....I guess I am just ghetto cause I would have signed that paper a lonnnnng time ago! She hasn't seen the child in forever and the grandparents are raising her?? yeahhhhh NO, no tracking her down to ask her anythang!!!! I mean really, is the US or JA government gonna check that?

Ok, so yall now know I am a ghetto gal at heart!!! :)

Hope everyone is doing ok...chat later

*whispering, me too*

I gotta run, hubby bout to give me a massage WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO goodnight VJ family :blush::)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Are there any newbies on here? Thinking I haven't seen any in a while around here.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Morning All! I miss my VJ family. I've been so busy working and trying to stay on the grind that I've hardly found time to get on then at night...well :devil:

I know I've missed out on so much but I hope that all is well with everyone!

Congrats to all the recent happenings. I hope all is going well with all the mothers-to be, upcoming weddings and interviews! :dance::dance::dance:

Have a great day! :thumbs:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

Morning ALL

AOS

2/14/10- Married My Best Friend

3/15/10- Sent Off Check and AOS DOCs Express Mail

3/29/10 received Biometrics appointment letter for 4/20/10 will walk in on 3/31/10

5/28/10-Advance Parole Received

6/5/10-EAD Received

6/26/10-Greencard received

JmW0m4.png

Hi everyone.. hope all is well and everyone is having a blessed day! *waiving hey DW miss ya!*

Hi Tee! (Waiving) :blush:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

Well, Eric can't find his baby momma's where abouts. So he will have to go the courts to get an affidavit. Don't ask me, but his father knows someone who works there and that is what they said. You know, when you right your right. I told that man, not to come until he got everything straight with that woman. Did he listen, HELL to the NAW. Now he trying to rip and run and get everything done before he returns on the 3rd.

Don't think we need the letter for interview, but we will need it for her to leave the country.

Another Mama Jew on the way!!!!!

e7G5m4.png

"All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face wih another problem" Dr. MLK Jr.

12/3/2009--- visa in hand

12/09/2009-- POE Baltimore MD

02/13/2010-- Going to the Chapel

02/23/2010-- AOS package mailed

04/29/2010-- Welcome letter received

05/01/2010-- Green Card in hand

Timeline

:no: Nooooooooooooo not Kindergarden :no: I want to teach third grade. You have to keep taking the lil ones to the bathroom and tying their sneakers/shoes :no: I will even do 2nd or 4th but thats about my range...

Girl I know it is funny about my son LOL but so dyaam true!!! He is mad at me til this day for it.. but oh well. He still is making out very well. He just got home saying he is made because he got a 95 and he missed one question and he knew the answer and now his gpa is a 3.91.Poe thang! lol.. I said its gonna be alright!

I know it makes you mad, I'd be mad too shyt :angry: You aint no money tree...umm can you buy me a phone? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Sike, just messing wif ya!!!

We did too..:star:

*whispering, me too*

I gotta run, hubby bout to give me a massage WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO goodnight VJ family :blush::)

I don't blame you. The real little ones are too needy. 3rd grade sounds like fun! You can actually get some teaching in.

Wow I wish I was in school and upset about a 3.91. That boy is loco!

Sure tell me the brand and name of the phone you like. Ask and you shall recieive right? SMH

Hope know you enjoyed your massage.

Well, Eric can't find his baby momma's where abouts. So he will have to go the courts to get an affidavit. Don't ask me, but his father knows someone who works there and that is what they said. You know, when you right your right. I told that man, not to come until he got everything straight with that woman. Did he listen, HELL to the NAW. Now he trying to rip and run and get everything done before he returns on the 3rd.

Don't think we need the letter for interview, but we will need it for her to leave the country.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is sooo frustrating. I hope getting an affidavit from the court is enough. I'm sorry you have to deal with this nonsense.

Timeline

Well good luck to yall. Hope everything works out right!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.