MRStee

Yardie Party!!! Come as you are - Part 1

3,253 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am bussing my butt :crying: . I've booked a million flights but we were trying to book our hotel & flights separately, which I am hesitant to do also. We wanna fly into MoBay- stay 3 nights at an all-inclusive resort, then travel to Kitson town and spend another 3 nights then come back to Philly.

I've been browsing Cheap caribbean, skyauction, booking buddy, etc... I use Bookingbuddy.com to search Expedia, trip advisor and all them...

Thanks much love... Im a keep up the search

i love it in kitson town except the red dirt ...my mother in law lives ther

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i love it in kitson town except the red dirt ...my mother in law lives ther

A weh mek u a call me out so... cho lol :blush:

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Well Mama I'm gon have to make sure you have my number and I have yours...k? We waiting on you to invite us up your way! :blush:

Happy New Year Darling Nikki. Did you do anything for New Year's?

Two of my resolutions are too make sure this year I don't sweat the small stuff and to make more time for me! :wacko:

Look like mih one haffi guh start ah link up wid dih yardie dem from Florida, since ih yardie dem ah Philly ah do it big up deh!

As for resolutions, I think I'm the only one on the yardie board that's not with her hubby. :( So mine was to try and tek it easy and not pull out my hair while waiting! :wacko:

Be Sober, Be Vigilant!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi LS!! how you doing?

I am innocent :blush: do like kj

Doing very well Mrs. Tee in March the baby will be 1 and my older daughter will be 6. Me and hubby are doing very well, we had our rough patch when he first got here. I realized we were in love with each other but didnt really know much about each other and with two children in the picture it was tough. We hung in there and I can honestly say we are just now really enjoying each other the most. Its like we are newlyweds after 1 and a half years of marriage.How are you doing???

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Look like mih one haffi guh start ah link up wid dih yardie dem from Florida, since ih yardie dem ah Philly ah do it big up deh!

As for resolutions, I think I'm the only one on the yardie board that's not with her hubby. :( So mine was to try and tek it easy and not pull out my hair while waiting! :wacko:

Where you at Darling Nikki? Yes we had VJ family from Philly and Florida come up to Atlanta for a New Year's link! Hang in there, hubby soon come!

Doing very well Mrs. Tee in March the baby will be 1 and my older daughter will be 6. Me and hubby are doing very well, we had our rough patch when he first got here. I realized we were in love with each other but didnt really know much about each other and with two children in the picture it was tough. We hung in there and I can honestly say we are just now really enjoying each other the most. Its like we are newlyweds after 1 and a half years of marriage.How are you doing???

That's good to hear LS...I know its difficult adjusting with just the two of us...I can imagine if we had kids...I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you and your family.

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello ladies (and gents!). Hope everyone is doing well. I'm a bit frazzled and feeling very overwhelmed at the moment- feeling like there's sooo much to do and I'm steady running out of time...hoping this will pass soon. :wacko::crying: Hope everyone stays safe during all this crazy winter weather!

Edited by Mrs. Palmer

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline

Wow this is NOT the hot spot anymore. I guess FB has taken over.

LoveSponge- Good to hear from you. So glad everything is going well now. It's sooo not easy transitioning from a long distance relation to real life. I can't even image throwing 2 kids in the mix. That's great though that you guys stuck it out and are enjoying one another again. I can't believe baby girl is going to be 1. Wow. Are you are facebook?

Tamisha- Take a deep breath. Everything important will get done and the rest can just wait. Just make sure you are taking care of YOU!

Wow this is NOT the hot spot anymore. I guess FB has taken over.

LoveSponge- Good to hear from you. So glad everything is going well now. It's sooo not easy transitioning from a long distance relation to real life. I can't even image throwing 2 kids in the mix. That's great though that you guys stuck it out and are enjoying one another again. I can't believe baby girl is going to be 1. Wow. Are you are facebook?

Tamisha- Take a deep breath. Everything important will get done and the rest can just wait. Just make sure you are taking care of YOU!

Good Evening Everyone! Yep, I think FB has taken over...dang!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

Good night! Is there a FB group for the yardie thread? I'd love to join -- this thread business is a little much for me lol

July 2007 We met in Jamaica, WI (Monetgo Bay) through mutual friends
Oct. 2010 Formally Engaged!!!!
Nov 1, 2010 Mailed I-129F to Lewisville, TX (via Fed Ex)
Nov 2, 2010 Fed Ex received by J. Cates
Nov 5, 2010 NOA1 (via email notification) off to Vermont we go!!!!!!
Nov 8, 2010 Touch and Check was cashed!!
Nov 10 2010 Touch and Hard Copy of NOA1 received
Nov 12 2010 Touch
Nov 15 2010 Touch

ROC

Sept 30. 2013 Mailing i-751

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone....wanted to come on here and officially give the update on how our interview went on Friday... Most(if not all) may already know some of what happened but here it is in full....brief but full.

Michael went for the interview and at first he said the officer couldn't understand him so the CO told him to hang up the phone and try again...Michael said though that he could see before he even started asking questions that there was his name written on the blue slip already. After the normal questions...he was told that I would need to let them know when I could come back to the embassy for an interview and I would need to bring a cosponsor paperwork. Some of you may remember I was attempting to use assets in my Affidavit of Support but thought that they might require a co-sponsor as well. Long story short...I had a "friend" lined up to be that co-sponsor and the week before she backed out wanting me to have an immigration attorney write up some sort of amendment to the AOS...ray ray ray....ultimately I told her NEVER-MIND and we would attempt the interview with assets alone....

anyway...you can all imagine how I must have felt to #1 have to go down to JA short notice and #2 find a co-sponsor. Trying to remain positive I went ahead and booked a mileage tkt(blessing #1) :dance: I had been holding onto for me to fly out Sunday Dec. 5th and return Friday Dec. 10th. This was the only time open in Dec to use these miles and happen to fall the week before my finals so I will only miss my review (blessing #2) :dance: I wrote a letter to the embassy telling them how much of a financial hardship this was and how when I had asked to attend when I could have planned I was denied.....rae..ray...rae..I told them if they were unable to waive my attendance then I need them to accomodate my schedule and book the interview on Dec 7th or 8th... OF WHICH THEY DID :dance: (blessing #3) Next I started compiling a letter to write to my friends...taking great care to explain all of the technical mombo jumbo and putting it in laymans terms to advise of responsibilities and requirements to be a co-sponsor. Having to dispell many of the myths that those not involved in this process have...Not feeling 100% comfortable with the feeling of begging people to help me. Along with opening up all of my personal business....THEN MY 4th BLESSING OF THE DAY.....

One of my VJ sisters sent me one of many emails supporting me and assuring me that it will all work out....along with saying that she said she really felt that she needed to be my/our co-sponsor. She understood how I must be feeling not because she had been in the same situation but similar and people really reached out to her so she felt that it was her turn to reach out to me... (F) (F) (F)

I was in such shock that someone who only knows me from this board and FB would show me so much love...I could do nothing but cry :crying: and thank her repeatedly. Now, I know yall is some nosey heffers :rofl: and part of me want to leave the story hanging since we havent had one of Dara's story in a while.. :whistle: So...But I won't be mean... MY ANGEL WHO WILL BLESS ME WITH MY HUSBAND IS....... (L)Danna (L)isn't that just the most amazing thing??? :crying: :crying: :crying:

Oh and to my ATL sisters...I have a 10 hour layover in Atlanta on my way back...so....I may be looking to one of yall to rescue me from the airport (at least to go for drinks or dinner???)

Hi I'm new to this site and you basically went thru what I am going thru right now. My husband's interview was yesterday and was given a blue slip and told I need to return with him. Can you advise me on your experience when you went in? It would be greatly appreciated. I emailed the embassy asking for Jan 20 or 21st and they replied stating the earliest appt they have is March 16th, :-( anyway please advise me on your experience. Thank you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow I cant believe how dead VJ is :crying: When I am bored at work I loved coming here just to say hi and see how everyone is doing. Well I guess facebook through my phone now.

Edited by Always Blessed

AOS

2/14/10- Married My Best Friend

3/15/10- Sent Off Check and AOS DOCs Express Mail

3/29/10 received Biometrics appointment letter for 4/20/10 will walk in on 3/31/10

5/28/10-Advance Parole Received

6/5/10-EAD Received

6/26/10-Greencard received

JmW0m4.png

Timeline

Thats great to hear mama... Hubby and I are doing wonderful.. we too went through a rough patch but it was so long ago now who remembers! We just got finished celebrating our one year anniversary on 12/26 and it was wonderful. Im unemployed and back in school tryin to make it do what it do LOL all is well. It's good to hear from you :)

Wait, the baby is 1 now????:blink: Time surely does fly!!!!!

Edited by MRStee

Timeline

Good night! Is there a FB group for the yardie thread? I'd love to join -- this thread business is a little much for me lol

Yes it is brownie... this thread used to be poppin!

Timeline

Hey yardies

Hey Finesse

Hey mo

Since yall dont got FB

Happy New Year!!! Im glad you remembered to stop by and say hi to me. Afterall im a Facebook virgin. Oh well. Im sure you had your baby. Congrats to you and hubby.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.