MRStee

Yardie Party!!! Come as you are - Part 1

3,253 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Aww... I say ** U.S. immigration - VJ sisterhood to the world!! Seriously though what you have done is amazing! You have brought husband and wife together!!

Hubby says "of course that is enough time"..so nuh worry! lol Remember if you ever need any help along the way on the house his unlce is a very good contractor. I'm glad Astley know's someone and I bet he's happy to be able to take care of all of this for you after all you have been doing trying to get you two together. You're gonna need to have a house warming party and we'll all come! :yes: Girl, you may need to build a hotel instead of a house. :rofl:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well,we had a really nice visit with Vaughn's great grandma. Eventhough she is sick her spirit and faith are high. She recently celebrated 53 years of marriage and said the two key factors to a happy, long lasting marriage are love and determination. It kind of made me chukkle because I think those are the two key requirements to enduring this visa journey. What I also found great about her is that she recognized that times are different and although she has lived her life one way she knows that isn't always possible these days. Bless her!

Hope everyone has an enjoyable hump day!

You go great grandma... now thats wisdom!!!

Hey ladies just peepin in hi to all and hubby got a job startin today so we are thankful for that.

Thats a blessing! I remember how good we felt when Steve got a job... :)

Timeline

Aww, your story softens my heart and actually has me thinking that a disability isn't that bad afterall. I am just devasted at the simple thought of hearing the bad news and having have to decide what I'm going to do, whether to keep this child or not...

Thanks for the encouragement!

I know but as I was telling one of my friends, it's funny how I wanted this baby so bad, tried for so long and now this, heart breaking.

Congratulations!!

You always chat about how God never gives us more than we can handle, and this applies to you too. We are a prideful people sometimes, but no matter what Krys, you just love that baby!!!

Timeline

t4614.gif

Thats more like it! I just love you to death and have always had nothing but positivity coming from you! I will never forget how you talked me into staying on this site, cause I was mad as hell and planned on never coming back into the Yardie room!!! So yes, to me you are phenomenal. Ive witnessed your journey, I feel your pain, I know you're heart. That is what makes you special to me! :) I will come visit you in JA! Me and Brookums!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Glad to hear her spirits are high, what is she sick with? will she be out of the hospital soon? So nice that you guys have her so close! I love talking to grandparents the wisdom is priceless :)

They don't know what is wrong with her. She has stomach pain and runs a fever here and there but they haven't been able to find the cause. Poor lady went to Jamaica planning to spend six months but was so sick she had to come back and now has been in the hospital for almopst a week. They are still running tests.

Hey ladies just peepin in hi to all and hubby got a job startin today so we are thankful for that.

:dance::dance::dance: That was pretty quick! Everything is falling into place for you guys. Hubby got a job and you sent off the paperwork for babygirl!

Thats more like it! I just love you to death and have always had nothing but positivity coming from you! I will never forget how you talked me into staying on this site, cause I was mad as hell and planned on never coming back into the Yardie room!!! So yes, to me you are phenomenal. Ive witnessed your journey, I feel your pain, I know you're heart. That is what makes you special to me! :) I will come visit you in JA! Me and Brookums!

:yes: Aww expressed so well Tee! You know right after I said we will all visit I thought I should have said well I can only speak for myself and Tee! :rofl: I'm sure we can get a few more. KJ would be down if she wasn't growing a human.

Can't believe we are almost done with 2010. Time is flying by. (just a random though)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That pic had me dying laughing cause it's my friend to a T - Me on the other hand, I get to the airport looking like the second pic with the items in my bag - coming off the plane I look like the first pic, lol!

Sussssssss thats me also, when my bestie and I went to Jamaica February 2009. My hair wasnt done. No really my sht was fckd up. We sat in Miami airport for a 4 hr layover

at first my sht looked like this 2861_1431_bad-hair-day.jpg then she weaved me up

when we finished here is the actual picture 23691_427736876216_615741216_5710384_7642000_n.jpg23691_427736886216_615741216_5710386_111698_n.jpgthought I was Beyonce sister!!!!!!! :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

HEY LADIES!

KJ: I can only imagine how nerve-wracking the wait is for your results. When are they able to give you more concrete news? This screening/bloodwork that you got, I JUST got done this past week because I had to wait until the 2nd trimester to do it (it was free to do it during the 2nd trimester-it would have cost me $3000 to do it in the 1st! :crying: ) Honestly, I just put it in God's hands and haven't thought too much about that (which is weird since I've obsessed about everything else). No matter what the outcome is, please know that YOUR child is a blessing. God never makes mistakes. Like everyone else here has said, EVERYONE on this earth, no matter their abilities (I don't like the term disability) has something meaningful to provide in this life. My prayers are with you. Just continue to take care of you and the baby.

Moira/Danna: Reading your posts have me over here :crying::crying: (yall know I'm hormonal! :bonk: ) Seriously though, this is just a testament to not only the goodness of people, but a testament to the fact that on some level we are all apart of a "family" that others on the outside will never be apart of and truly understand. I wish you both continued blessings on your individual journeys.

To the rest of yall: Thanks for the words of encouragement and support. It is truly appreciated. :star:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Brandi- You are too much with your pictures and comments. Your hair did really look nice. Now that is how to make the best of a long layover.

Sus- Those pictures had me :rofl:

Mrs. P- I really like what you said about God making no mistakes and everyone having something to offer.

Timeline

You always chat about how God never gives us more than we can handle, and this applies to you too. We are a prideful people sometimes, but no matter what Krys, you just love that baby!!!

You're right, I always say that!

And oh yes we are some prideful people! :yes:

I'm actually excited about having this baby, special needs or not. For the last couple days I was down and not eating and just plain upset about the whole situation. But I woke up this morning and was praying and I had to smile and thank God that he blessed me with this pregnancy that I thought would never happen. So today is a better day for me, unlike the last couple days. I'm still really nervous to do the procedure and get the results but I have a month before I find out anything so I have no choice but to be patient...

Thats more like it! I just love you to death and have always had nothing but positivity coming from you! I will never forget how you talked me into staying on this site, cause I was mad as hell and planned on never coming back into the Yardie room!!! So yes, to me you are phenomenal. Ive witnessed your journey, I feel your pain, I know you're heart. That is what makes you special to me! :)I will come visit you in JA! Me and Brookums!

And me too!! :yes::yes::yes:

They don't know what is wrong with her. She has stomach pain and runs a fever here and there but they haven't been able to find the cause. Poor lady went to Jamaica planning to spend six months but was so sick she had to come back and now has been in the hospital for almopst a week. They are still running tests.

:yes: Aww expressed so well Tee! You know right after I said we will all visit I thought I should have said well I can only speak for myself and Tee! :rofl: I'm sure we can get a few more. KJ would be down if she wasn't growing a human.

Can't believe we are almost done with 2010. Time is flying by. (just a random though)

I am down!! And you're saying I might not be able to because I'm preggo, by then YOU will will be preggo and can't go nowhere! Just say bye to me and Tee :D

HEY LADIES!

KJ: I can only imagine how nerve-wracking the wait is for your results. When are they able to give you more concrete news? This screening/bloodwork that you got, I JUST got done this past week because I had to wait until the 2nd trimester to do it (it was free to do it during the 2nd trimester-it would have cost me $3000 to do it in the 1st! :crying: ) Honestly, I just put it in God's hands and haven't thought too much about that (which is weird since I've obsessed about everything else). No matter what the outcome is, please know that YOUR child is a blessing. God never makes mistakes. Like everyone else here has said, EVERYONE on this earth, no matter their abilities (I don't like the term disability) has something meaningful to provide in this life. My prayers are with you. Just continue to take care of you and the baby.

Well, the procedure is 11/30 and the results usually takes 2-3 weeks to come back so I have about a month before I'll know exactly what's going on.Anywhere between 12/15-12/21. :o

Why the heck would it cost $3,000?? MrsPalmer are you still in Jamaica? You don't have insurance? I'm confused! :blink:

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Timeline

:dance::dance::dance: That was pretty quick! Everything is falling into place for you guys. Hubby got a job and you sent off the paperwork for babygirl!

Lol, its okay and yes I bet Kj would be down too! :)

KJ I talked to smiley for a quick minute yesterday :) at least I know he cares now! :rofl: even if it was for a minute...

Timeline

You're right, I always say that!

And oh yes we are some prideful people! :yes:

I'm actually excited about having this baby, special needs or not. For the last couple days I was down and not eating and just plain upset about the whole situation. But I woke up this morning and was praying and I had to smile and thank God that he blessed me with this pregnancy that I thought would never happen. So today is a better day for me, unlike the last couple days. I'm still really nervous to do the procedure and get the results but I have a month before I find out anything so I have no choice but to be patient...

And me too!! :yes::yes::yes:

Amen!!! Now that is more like it!!!! :)

I am down!! And you're saying I might not be able to because I'm preggo, by then YOU will will be preggo and can't go nowhere! Just say bye to me and Tee :D

Right!!! LOL

Well, the procedure is 11/30 and the results usually takes 2-3 weeks to come back so I have about a month before I'll know exactly what's going on.Anywhere between 12/15-12/21. :o

Keep us posted, you are in our prayers....

Why the heck would it cost $3,000?? MrsPalmer are you still in Jamaica? You don't have insurance? I'm confused! :blink:

Timeline

Well ladies,

Just wanted to say our interview is 11/24 @8:15, I would say pray for us, but instead, Im asking yall to pray that "Rashida" don't rear her ugly head at the interview.... :rofl:

Funny thing is Im not nervous, just don't see why they are making us do this interview. It just doesn't make sense to me, but nevertheless, it must be done the government's way

and I just have to accept that! :angry: Paperwork is gathered, just trying to get it over with.

I know you guys will be with us in spirit and that alone makes me confident we will prevail!!! :yes:

Timeline

Morning all! Presently I'm on a school bus w/a whole bunch of 2nd graders going on a field trip! Please wish me some luck throughout this day. 1st off I'm tall & my legs are up against the seat in front of me. ii don't know howvit is I could forget a group of kids this age are so loud! This bus is loud right now. I'm feeling exhausted already.

Anyhow, later all

Timeline

Lol, its okay and yes I bet Kj would be down too! :)

KJ I talked to smiley for a quick minute yesterday :) at least I know he cares now! :rofl: even if it was for a minute...

Oh you did? Smiley cool mon, everytime I ask smiley what he thinks, he goes "everyting ago arite mon! and I just wanna :bonk: him! He never got no input on nothing :angry: But I love him though :blush:

Well ladies,

Just wanted to say our interview is 11/24 @8:15, I would say pray for us, but instead, Im asking yall to pray that "Rashida" don't rear her ugly head at the interview.... :rofl:

Funny thing is Im not nervous, just don't see why they are making us do this interview. It just doesn't make sense to me, but nevertheless, it must be done the government's way

and I just have to accept that! :angry: Paperwork is gathered, just trying to get it over with.

I know you guys will be with us in spirit and that alone makes me confident we will prevail!!! :yes:

Rashida you'll be fine, I mean Tee :rofl:

No but for real, you know you an Steve ting real so no worries :thumbs:

Morning all! Presently I'm on a school bus w/a whole bunch of 2nd graders going on a field trip! Please wish me some luck throughout this day. 1st off I'm tall & my legs are up against the seat in front of me. ii don't know howvit is I could forget a group of kids this age are so loud! This bus is loud right now. I'm feeling exhausted already.

Anyhow, later all

Why are you on a school bus with kids? You work at a school or your son's trip?

Other than exhausted, how do you feel? Did you get hubby something for his bday?

I am happy to say my nausea ease up nuff nuff! I think this baby don't like chinese food, white rice or pork because the toilet won't see my face for days and as soon as I eat one a those, boom, head in the toilet! Hubby was like the baby is a rasta, don't eat pork :rofl:

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Timeline

Hey KJ!! I'm on a school trip with my son. I volunteered to chaperone. But trust me that was way b4 I found out I was pregnant.

I've been doing fine overall. Just eating alot & experiencing heart burn. But that's something I experienced w/my son as well. Old wives tale says that means child will be hairy. It appeared true w/ my son.

As far as hubby bday, just a cake & a card. As DW said my love for him & this creation in me is his ultimate gift!

Just imagine I go on vacation in a month & I have the slightest idea as to what to pack for myself to wear. Everything bothers my belly. & I'm a lady ho likes my skinny jeans. I went to NY& company & purchased some velour sweat suits. But that purchase will only benefit me here & definitely not in Jamaica. I guess pure tights & dresses. Any ideas?

Edited by MoLuvsAcory

Timeline

Anyhow, later all

LOL good luck Mo (F)

Oh you did? Smiley cool mon, everytime I ask smiley what he thinks, he goes "everyting ago arite mon! and I just wanna :bonk: him! He never got no input on nothing :angry: But I love him though :blush:

Rashida you'll be fine, I mean Tee :rofl:

No but for real, you know you an Steve ting real so no worries :thumbs:

Why are you on a school bus with kids? You work at a school or your son's trip?

Other than exhausted, how do you feel? Did you get hubby something for his bday?

I am happy to say my nausea ease up nuff nuff! I think this baby don't like chinese food, white rice or pork because the toilet won't see my face for days and as soon as I eat one a those, boom, head in the toilet! Hubby was like the baby is a rasta, don't eat pork :rofl:

Lol tell smiley hush! LOL

KJ, Im going to show them my Florida lap dance pitcha.. Mek ie see wha we made of :rofl:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.